Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Price To Pay For An Un-Common Act

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay stood at one of the windows of her office, cradling a cup of tea in her hands. It was raining outside, so the sky was heavy and dark with the low laying clouds. It was rather fitting for her mood, maybe even amplified it. There was a lot on her mind, the Systems Alliance and her responsibilities towards it lay heavy on her shoulders. The attack that [member="Veiere Arenais"] conducted on Deneba, the murders of Jedi, those couldn't remain unpunished. She knew that now. Rumours had spread that the once-King was above Commenori law, and untouchable. But that couldn't be true. It would create a rift between her government and the people that they served. That was not what the Systems Alliance was about.

A couple of weeks ago Kay had hired some of her best architects and engineers to fashion a special cell within the catacombs of the Royal Palace. It would be comfortable, with a bed, table and chairs, a desk and a shelf for books and holopads. What seperated this cell from most was that it was Force Resistant. Using some of the technologies often used by bounty hunters, she had it implimented onto this particular cell for the sole purpose of not allowing it's future resident to break out. The Force would be unable to penetrate. And that in itself was a sacrifice on her part.

And now to bring Veiere in. Kay summoned [member="Macoda Haberon"] to her office. He was the Head of Security as well as her friend and needed to know what was happening. And what was going to happen. Whether the arrest was going to be easy or not, she didn't know. But it was going to happen.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] was an enemy to the Systems Alliance. He needed to pay for his crimes against it. Kay couldn't shield him from it anymore.

And it broke her heart to do it.

"Chateau La Arenais"

Life is filled with so many unknowns, as free as the air that brushed against him as he stood upon the balcony overlooking the open plains of Commenor, Veiere knew that consequences always came about one way or another for ones actions. What he didn't yet know however was that his Wife, [member="Lady Kay"] was going to try to convince him to give himself up to the Law of the Commenor Systems Alliance. He had returned to his Home-World only a couple days prior in order to ascertain Kay's stance towards him and their relationship following his actions against the Jedi Enclave on the Systems Alliance World of Deneba; an attack that had targeted property of the Order and in his eyes justified his desire to keep it separate from the likes of Government; the Galaxy around them however had other idea's.

Across their worlds, the Media had caught on to the debacle and set it to fire in civilians eyes. The once good King breaking bad and turning his hand upon his own people; questions which would follow the incident would bring into question his wive's ability to remain professional and whether or not she could put the needs of Commenor first before her personal relationships. After all, Veiere had once just been a washed up old Jedi turned bodyguard whom she had married. In the eyes of the worlds under their care, Kay was the only one of the two whom symbolized royalty.

Swirling a glass of whiskey in his right hand, his elbows pressed against the balcony railing and his eyes searching the green world's far horizon, he would allow himself a rather rare moment of quiet and inaction that his mind might wander and he could consider what the future would hold for those upon Rannon, within the Dark Jedi Order and within his very own family.

Mac knocked on the door to [member="Lady Kay"]'s office out of courtesy and waited a brief second before allowing himself in. He knew that she was in her office already, but her recent sadness was not lost on Mac and so he thought it was best to let her know that he was coming in the door. However sadness was not the appropriate word. It was almost like a state of grief. The mourning over the loss of a loved one, because that was what the fall of [member="Veiere"] was. Kay didn't lose him to the eventual embrace of death, but to the Dark side of the Force. A fate worse than death in the eyes of Mac.

He stepped into the chambers, wondering why Kay had summoned him. Most likely it was some update on the whereabouts of Veiere, that was all that was ever on her mind these days. Mac hated seeing her in so much pain, he hated the fact that he couldn't do much to alleviate it. This was a kind of harm that he felt powerless against. But above all, he hated Veiere for putting her through this. He looked at Kay who in turn looked out the window of her office at the dreary skyline. Mac could tell that this day would not be a good one and his voice was full of concern. "Is everything alright, Kay?"

Kay-Larr

Kay heard [member="Macoda Haberon"] enter her office, but she didn't move. She didn't want to move yet. Already it was taking a lot of her focus just to keep herself from collapsing in tears. She had to be strong, or at the very least display herself as a pillar of strength by which the Systems Alliance could rely on. But in truth she felt at a loss, weakened ever further by every bad decision made. How could she have let [member="Veiere"] fall? How could she have not seen the signs? How could she have not stopped him?

She sipped her tea, setting all of these questions aside as she turned to face Mac. "No. No, not really." Kay took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, composing herself more with each passing second. "I had commissioned a special cell to be made, one specifically designed to hold Force Users. The time has come to put it to use. You were right. The laws must be upheld." She pulled out a datacard from her pocket and held it out to him. "It's the arrest warrant for my husband. You have my permission to go out after him. But on one condition...." Kay finished her tea and set the cup down on the side table beside her. "...that I can go with you. I know where he is right at this moment as he came to visit me. So he's here on Commenor. And if I go with you then there's a chance that he won't resist. But as I cannot predict what he'll do, we should bring back up. Darlyn would be good for that." Given that he was a Force User, [member="Darlyn Excron"] was a great choice. He was also a trusted friend.

As a last resort though, Kay had her little holdout pistol, the Diplomat hiding in her sleeve. A couple of stun bolts at close range would do the trick if Veiere proved to be....unco-operative.

Doyle

D
Einon approached the private residence of [member="Lady Kay"] and her husband [member="Veiere"] Arenais by a landspeeder. He knew the way. After Kay had rehired him once he found her at Juniper Canyon, he spent many days and nights getting up to speed on things. What caught his attention the most was the attack on Deneba. The once-King seemed to be going through a mid-life crisis. It was almost as though the man had gone insane. How could he have commited the crimes that he did? It was difficult to get any information from the Queen. Ever since she had been made aware of it, the word in the Palace was that she had become withdrawn. So he needed to find his own answers.

Approaching the Estate, Einon spotted Veiere standing on the balcony with what one could assume was a drink in his hand. The man looked quite different from the man he once knew. It was as though the Galaxy weighed heavy on his shoulders too. He shut off the landspeeder and hopped out, adjusting his jacket and feeling his gun, Old Reliable in it's holster. Hopefully he wouldn't have to use it. But if the old Jedi had slaughtered others in the Deneba Temple, then it was certain that anything could happen. He had to be prepared.

Einon walked up the steps to the porch and invited himself in. The Estate looked bigger on the inside than on the outside. He kept to the foyer and merely called out in a voice that wasn't that much louder than a normal speaking tone. "Heard you were in town. Thought I'd come by for a drink."

What Kay said had caught Mac off guard to say the least. What had provoked this sudden change in mind from [member="Lady Kay"]? Had [member="Veiere"] attacked somewhere else? At least this gave an explanation for her mood. The seriousness of her orders were evidently not lost on her. She was about to imprison her own husband for what could be a very long time. Something must have forced her hand. However Mac did not have time to dwell on what that could've been as he was handed the warrant for Veiere's arrest. There would be plenty of time to talk about this after Veiere was securely in prison. He looked at the subject title just in case he had misheard Kay. But what he heard was right, in his hands was the arrest warrant for Veiere.

Mac suddenly looked up at Kay as realization dawned on his face. He was here? A sense of dread began to creep into the back of Mac's mind. This would be the first time meeting Veiere after his fall and indeed only the third time that he had ever encountered a "Sith" in his life. Although he was nervous about Kay coming with him, he couldn't argue with her logic. His first encounter with Kaine Zambrano left him mentally scarred, but the second time with @Daryln Excron, Kay was there to calm him down. Perhaps her presence would have a similar effect on Veiere although there was simply no telling what could happen.

All of this rushed through his mind in a matter of seconds, there was not a moment to waste. If Veiere was here, they needed to act quickly before he suspects something is afoot. Surely he hadn't come to turn himself in. He looked back down to Kay with a hint of urgency. "Kay, meet me in the hanger in 10 minutes. I'll have a shuttle ready for you to take us to his location." Mac then turned on his heels and strutted out the door, however right before he left, Mac turned back around to where he left Kay standing. He offered a reassuring tone with geninue eyes. "You are doing the right thing. We'll take care of this." Mac left Kay's office and signaled [member="Darlyn Excron"] with his commlink as he marched towards his chambers at a brisk pace.

~Darlyn, this is Mac. Meet me at the hanger in 10 minutes. I'll explain more once we meet. This is urgent.~

Did he trust Darlyn? Not really, though not that Darlyn's actions had given him any reason to doubt his loyalty. It was who he was, not what he had done, that Mac found reason to distrust him. Darlyn was a Darksider, plain and simple. However in times like these, beggars can't be choosers. Mac had enough self-awareness to realize that he could probably not take on Veiere alone. In a fair fight, Veiere would simply be no match for Mac. However this wouldn't be a fair fight. If he chooses to resist, Veiere would use the force against Mac, and he wasn't sure how he would be able to handle that. Having another force user there would help a great deal in this respect. Mac then signaled the garrison Sergeant.

~Jerek, this is Mac. I want you and nine of your best men armed and in the hanger in 10 minutes. Have a shuttle prepared. I'll explain more once we meet. This is urgent~

As Mac entered his chambers, he quickly donned on his phrik bracers and grabbed his shotgun. Both were part of a payment he recieved from working for the Black Tie Syndicate under Miss Blonde, and both would help in dealing with Veiere should he choose to put up a fight. Having slung the shotgun over his shoulders, checking his axes that were holstered by his sides, and securing his phrik bracers, Mac took a deep breath before he started heading towards that hanger in an effort to ease his nerves. Hopefully it wouldn't come to a fight but Mac could make no promises.

[member="Einon"]

Oddly, Darlyn wasn't actually in his office when his comlink went off, but in the shooting range with Shoden. He was teaching the girl how to use a blaster with only her one hand to rely on, the taller adult knelt down so he could help her. The device went off after she finally hit the training target, and he gingerly helped her put the weapon down safely while listening. What was going on, well he had a guess. He was aware of what was going on with [member="Veiere"] Arenais, how could he not be? Not only was he a part of his new order, partly to try and teach the group a sense of morality to prevent them from being diet Sith, but as the Justice Minister, well, he knew what was going on with the active investigation. Darlyn had his suspicion this was a result of some political necessity relating to that, but for now he just had to go with it.

"I have to go meet Mac sweetheart. Why don't you go see if Guardsman Karren will watch over you while I'm gone?" She was clearly disappointed but went off to find the woman. One of the guardsmen Darlyn trained what felt like ages ago. Karren was one of the few people Darlyn knew could keep pace with the young girl...

Darlyn eventually removed himself from his contemplation, dusting off his hands and picking up the blaster set down, his DL-18, and holstered it on his leg. He was in his black sith robes, and it sounded serious enough, so he figured he would stay in them. He could more appropriately handle this if it was what he assumed that way, after all. So after getting confirmation Shoden was with Karren, he went to his office, and activated his comlink as he grabbed what he needed from the newly installed, locked, guncase. "I'll be down soon Mac, had to make Shoden was taken care of." He turned it off then, and grabbed everything he'd need.

He loaded up with two more pistols, his Death Special, holstered on his left leg, and the flechette pistol, which he holstered against his chest, under the folds of his robes. His lightsabers came out of his desk, where he kept them, and he clipped both to either side of his belt. Then he grabbed his Drifter shotgun, and holstered the weapon on the small of his back, where he could easily reach it. He put his heavy cloak on, before making his way to the hangar.

Darlyn lifted a hand in greeting as he approached [member="Macoda Haberon"], who certainly arrived before him. "We waiting on anyone else for a sitrep?"

[member="Einon"] || [member="Lady Kay"]

The voice of Einon coming from the foyer took Veiere completely by surprise and perhaps emphasized his loss of concentration to the otherwise fast moving thoughts that ran through his mind for the days since passed and those yet to come. Turning to look back over his shoulder, Veiere physically paused in the realization of who it was he found his eyes upon.

The Man was by no means estranged to Veiere, one of the closest advisors to [member="Lady Kay"] and friends to them both since Commenor was still but a single world concerned for it's survival. Grife, how long had it been since they had last worked together? His wive's turn to the Darkside had put a bit of a knife in the man's confidence over Commenor yet Einon's loyalty had never been brought into question, something that was partly due to Veiere's encouragement of the former "Sith" Kay's need for reliable and trustworthy people during which her mind was addled and she knew none the wiser.

"Einon...-This is certainly a surprise" Veiere responded with a grim smile, moving back into the house towards the foyer mouthing the entrance to the estate and finding the bottle of whiskey and an extra glass en-route to meet with his old collegue and friend, the older of the two poured a glass for the newcomer and handed it to him in welcome greeting; "I'm afraid you've missed Kay, she's back in Chasin City...-Come in!", something that probably came with little to no surprise.

Leading [member="Einon"] into the main living area of the ground floor of the royal estate, the building was a very warm place by appearances. Luxurious furniture with plenty of space; a modern and polished wooden decor as if to emphasize Commenor's natural beauty. Veiere had been so very proud when his wife had first been given the surprise of their new home, Veiere having had it built in secret during one of her long term political ventures in order to surprise Kay quite some time ago now, before the Children had come about.

"What have you been doing with yourself lately?".

[member="Macoda Haberon"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Kay-Larr

Kay watched the ever so slight changes in [member="Macoda Haberon"] 's expression while various thoughts ran through his mind. This wasn't exactly the kind of situation that any of them wanted to be in, most of all her. Yet here they were, and it needed to be handled in the best way possible.

She gave him a nod while he gave her his instructions before he left her office, followed by another nod as he tried to assure her on this course of action. "Yeah...the right thing..." Kay had hoped that it was the right thing that they were doing, yet she couldn't help but worry over what could happen. [member="Veiere"] would probably feel quite betrayed. He may even hate her in the end. But it needed to be done. It had to be done.

Kay walked over to her chair and grabbed her shawl, wrapping it around her shoulders before she stepped out of her office as well. Olivia gave her a small nod as she walked by, one offering a hint of encouragement. She returned the nod and then headed to the hanger.

Already it was a bustle of activity. It wasn't that difficult for her to figure out which shuttle that she was to meet Mac and [member="Darlyn Excron"] at, for there they were, already in conversation. Kay bowed her head as most of the soldiers stood at attention upon her arrival. " [member="Veiere"] is at the Estate. It won't take us long to get there." Without another word she stepped into the shuttle, making it quite clear that she had every intention of going along.

Doyle

D
Einon gave [member="Veiere"] a small hint of a smile, his eyes taking in the new look the man carried with him. Everything was darker, including his eyes. They lacked the compassion that they once had, and instead gave a promise to something that he couldn't quite put a finger on. It wasn't death. It was something more than that, as though whatever was hidden deep inside of him was now closer to the surface than ever.

He took the offered glass of whiskey, drinking some of it as Veiere invited him in. "I'm not surprised to have missed her. She never stays still." It amazed him that the two had been married fir so long. But then both marriage and love was something of a concept that went past him. He had other priorities.

Einon looked about the Estate, taken in by the instant relaxation that the natural wood and stone gave him. It was quiet and peaceful here. He took a seat on the sofa, holding his glass against the armrest. "I've been doing some jobs here and there. Even gave the navy a try for a bit. Wasn't for me though. As much as I hate to admit it, I missed pulling your wife outta trouble. I guess that there wasn't much excitement in my life when I left." He tilted his head to the side a bit, studying Veiere as he always did; a look that the man was quite used to. "What about you? Married life treating you well?"

[member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Macoda Haberon"]

Veiere found his place upon one of his more favored of chairs, a single seater though it offered plenty of comfort alongside a glass surface table already with a coaster atop of it for his glass to be sat upon that it wouldn't mark. "I can't picture you for a navy man, honestly..." Veiere chuckled quietly, picturing Vikras in the back of his mind whom was his last contact within an authoritarian place in the Systems Alliance; "Never the less, my Wife has always appreciated your company and your guidance has always been highly sought after and valued by the both of us" his hands fell to his lap, lacing at the fingers while his left leg lifted to sit atop the right adorning something of a more casual posture as he spoke to his old friend.

"Unfortunately my beloved Wife is none too happy with me, I fear...-Though she cannot be blamed" Veiere disclosed to [member="Einon"] within the privacy of his home, the man was there at a time where Veiere otherwise felt as though he had lost the last connection to Commenor and his attachment to anything positive. His depression, the influx of negative emotions over the past year had swallowed him and rather than talking about these things, he had isolated himself while the Force had changed in response to his spiritual and mental presence; the influence of his mind and heart becoming lost to his fears and doubts. "If you have not heard of Deneba, you will soon enough" Veiere lifted his left hand almost dismissively at the mention of the world, his gaze turning away to glance out through the window.

It would be clear to Einon by now that by Veiere's demeanor, he was expecting someone. Whether it was Einon or not, could not be explained by the older mans expression and outward appearance alone, yet Veiere's gaze upon the outside world seemed to hold something in the way of suspicion or expectation and the Force, though the practitioner might have changed in his ways, his practice and ability within it had not dulled any. The question therein however might be obvious to anyone of a sound mind and decent eye. Why did he remain.

Doyle

D
Einon began to swirl the drink in his glass a little as he listened to [member="Veiere"] talk. It was sort of an unconscious gesture, perhaps a bit of an outlet of any anxiety that he may have had. Still, he wasn't sure of how much Veiere knew.

He had to laugh though as Veiere remarked about Kay appreciating his guidance. "If she listened to my guidance half as much as she appreciated it, then maybe she'd be able to steer clear of trouble." Part of that trouble was her own husband. Einon had never thought in a million years that he'd be in this position. But here he was. Life was sure full of unexpected twists. It kept life interesting to say the very least.

Veiere was waiting. He knew that something was coming. His actions, his manner, all of that was enough to reveal that he suspected that something was up. Einon had a sip of his drink, keeping himself relaxed where he sat, neither eying the door or the windows like Veiere was. "So what are you going to do about it? Bouquets of flowers? A vacation to some exotic destination? You've gotta have something if you want to get out of the doghouse."

It was strange for him to see Veiere so withdrawn and disconnected. Maybe it was a Force thing, he wasn't sure. But it didn't just happen out of thin air either. Something had to cause it.

Veiere did so enjoy [member="Einon"]'s quips, even despite the obvious tension and unease that was dripping off of him within the presence of the Force, the mans aura of life as clearly felt as his physical body was visible to the former Master and King of Commenor. Between the two, Veiere knew there differences in potential, he holding the power to crush the mans skull with his mere will were Einon ever to enrage him so; though such would never be the case, the point was that between them, Einon was arguably right to be intimidated...-Yet he too knew who Veiere was and despite Veiere's recent actions, his favor and loyalty for those on Commenor had not changed.

"I love Kay...-Though I don't believe she knows whether to trust in that any longer", Einon's lack of surprise nor questions over Deneba hadn't gone unnoticed and in being there at such a time, most unusually when his wife wasn't; Einon a man whom served the Queen with unwavering loyalty even this long after the events of her time spent under the tutelage of Darth Prazutis, Veiere's suspicions were quickly coming to form. "The things she has done and gotten away with..." He leaned back into his seat with a slowly released sigh in resignation, his gaze slowly crossing the room to once more land upon his visitor with a look of thought and study, "It would appear I do not share in the same luck" he smiled faintly.

Rannon held a number of Star Destroyers and Starfighters now, a small fleet for which he had brought together and worked alongside to train with and organize. The Dark Jedi of the Galaxy had been given a home, a place of sanctuary and a means to protect themselves. Unlike the Sith nor the Jedi of today's Galaxy, these followers of the Force now held a place of study, of empowerment and protection much like the Systems Alliance offered the worlds under it's care. Veiere had given to these people a home, a sanctuary and eliminated the closed Jedi World to that location in order to secure it's place in the Galaxy. They did not need him to lead, for they were not an army nor government, he had no real urgency to leave but he had the power and authority most men in his position would use to bring down upon those that sought to work against him; and yet here one lone man sat before him with that very intention and still Veiere did nothing.

"It's typical, I do have to say..." Veiere lifted his glass to his lips, taking the final sip before setting it down and looking back to Einon as he spoke; "The Jedi have done far worse things than I and yet they're counted as saviors of the galaxy simply because the people they kill are perceived to be evil...-Though the perception of evil can change depending on a persons point of view can't it. If Justice were a true prospect in the galaxy, I wonder how many Jedi would be living free today as opposed to others..." a shallow chuckle escaped his lips, pursed though enough to release something of a heated breath, his left hand rising to scratch the underside of his chin subconsciously.

"What do you think Kay's vision of Justice might be...-I imagine it will differ from my own".

Doyle

D
Einon did what he usually did best; trying to keep the atmosphere as light as possible. No use could come out of tempers flaring or big arguments. It wouldn't do well when [member="Veiere"] could easily overpower him. That idea wasn't lost on him at all. "Maybe you just aren't pretty enough."

He took another sip of his drink, watching [member="Veiere"] as he always watched everyone, maintaining eye contact for as long as possible, most especially while the man was speaking. "It's sort of funny how Force Users believe themselves to be the only ones with this kind of situation. The same could be said about anyone really; any soldier, any farmer protecting their crops, and anyone protecting their family. There'll be some that consider their actions as evil and some that won't. Force User or not, it's all the same to me."

He shrugged his shoulders a bit as he leaned forward more, being certain that he held Veiere's gaze. The man knew everything, yet didn't run. There was great courage there and that did nothing but help Einon to hold more respect for his friend. "What do you expect her to do? You know her better than the rest of us. How do you think that she should handle it?" Einon would've argued for Veiere to remain free. Yet politics had won out in the end. So far.

"Kay feels as though he leadership is being brought into question through my actions..." Veiere responded somewhat quietly, his gaze growing a little distanced as he considered the question. Leave it to Einon to to ask such a thing, he was hardly skirting around the issue as opposed to sugar coating his approach though Veiere had to give the man credit, he's come in seriously unprepared and likely relying upon their past history as a means to not feel as though he might leave the Estate in a body bag. "I resigned from my position as King to ensure that none outside of the Systems Alliance would be able to connect my intentions to Kay's responsibility as Queen, though...-The Media hasn't targeted the CSA so much as they have [member="Lady Kay"] herself. They're claiming that this has happened due to her incompetence and are calling for justice to be served", something that left few alternatives and even fewer positive from his perspective.

"Were I to resist, it could influence a war..." Veiere's thoughts moved to those of the Dark Jedi back home upon Rannon and the fleet for which he had armed them with, then considering those outside of the Systems Alliance whom would readily come to their aid. The First Order was questionable, Veiere had secured ties with them as well as the Empire too; though both were likely to pick the winning horse so to speak and while Veiere could be aggressive when needs be, ultimately the Systems Alliance had the reputation and the finance to out last any bid he might try to make for their loyalties; "Naturally bringing war upon a government that I myself helped to create, came to love and think of as my very people is not something that I care to see come to fruition" he bobbed his head to the left in a nod of indifference.

"Presently, none know of my whereabouts aside from my Wife herself..." He admitted, an important fact that had Einon to give it any serious consideration would assure the younger man that Veiere's own people were ignorant to his actions and movements whilst out of their reach; "-And you of course...-Kay herself had not stayed in the Estate for months since I left, her words...-So it's rather interesting you thought to visit when you did" Veiere gave something of a dark little chuckle, his head tilting to the right to study Einon with no subtle hint of skepticism in his gaze of the man.

"Tell me [member="Einon"]...-Do you think me Evil? Am I a Monster to be brought to heel, in your eyes...".

Doyle

D
Einon nodded in response to [member="Veiere"] 's observation on how others within the Systems Alliance were blaming Kay for his actions. As brilliant as the former-King was, he was also a little bit daft. "Do you honestly think that simply resigning your post as King would turn the media spotlight away from what you do? Had you have attacked elsewhere, the media would probably hardly blink. But unfortunately you chose to target a world within the Systems Alliance itself..."

He leaned back against the couch again, taking another sip of his drink. If he was a smoker he'd of lit one up right now, but instead he just swirled the remaining contents of his drink. The prospect of war was perhaps closer than it had ever been, though Einon figured it to be more of the civil kind, an internal fight amongst those that side with Veiere and those that side with the Queen. There may even be a third side to that equation, that being the side that wants to be rid of the other two. It was a dangerous chess game that they were playing, even the one going on right now in this room. But at least it seemed as though Veiere wanted to avoid a fight. For now.

And what of Veiere's followers? Would they try to rescue him? That was something to consider. It was an easy guess for them to make when trying to locate him. Where else would he go on his offtime but to visit his wife? And should things go according to plan, the news of his capture would spread like wildfire which could embolden his followers to target them. It was something to look out for.

Again Veiere was feeling for the trap like a cornered animal, waiting for it to be sprung, yet still Einon just sat there casually, keeping his body as relaxed as he could. Years of experience, plus the drink, had helped him to control his nerves. "You two make quite the pair, I must say. A public relations nightmare. It's a good thing that's not my job. We've all made mistakes, Veiere. And we should do our best to correct them." Another swirl of his glass was made. Veiere wasn't a monster. Not yet. Einon would of been torn limb from limb if he was. But a cornered man was a dangerous man. He wondered how long the two of them would have to wait.

"You've been in a similar position to Kay's before, yet it was different as you held no top position of power. But if you were in her shoes, what would you do?"

Kay-Larr

After [member="Macoda Haberon"] and [member="Darlyn Excron"] entered into the shuttle with the rest of the men, it took off for the Estate. During the entire trip there, Kay kept silent and just stared ahead, lost in her thoughts. In some ways she was dreading this. Yet she knew that it had to be done. The people demanded it and she needed to appease them in some way.

Politics can be a deathly game. [member="Veiere Arenais"] knew that well enough.

The shuttle soon landed at the Estate's landing pad, touching down with ease. Once the door was opened Kay took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Let me go in first. [member="Einon"] is in there too, or at least he should be. If there's trouble he'll signal you. Just be ready." She then unhooked a set of cuffs from one of the soldiers and stared at them for a moment. This was so very difficult and she had hope that he'd be able to forgive her some day.

Without another word, she held the cuffs behind her back and then headed towards the Estate. Peering in one of the windows, she noticed that the two appeared to be sitting calmly. Kay walked to the front door and opened it, stepping inside and moving right towards the living room. Her eyes fell onto her husband right away, giving him a mixture of emotions within them, ranging from sadness to anger over the situation. "Hello dear. There's no easy way for me to say this, but you'll have to come with me....A warrant has been issued...For your arrest. I'm sorry." She didn't even glance at Einon. Instead she just waited for whatever was to come. She expected the worst, but hoped for the best.

"Society will always choose to believe what they want to believe but so long as there's no solid evidence linking my actions on Deneba to the Systems Alliance or Kay herself, then there's no justification for War that cannot be argued by facts" Veiere looked to [member="Einon"], his elbows resting upon the arms of his chair, fingers laced just before him at the center and soon lifting his right leg atop his left, adjusting his position somewhat to seek further comfort while intent on their discussion still. "Will my resignation stop others from assuming my wife had a part to play or was aware of my intentions? Of course not but the truth, and this is absolute; I stepped down as King due to my personal health. I had become isolated and no longer held the faith in democracy that Kay and I once held when founding the Systems Alliance in the beginning. I felt the people deserved better than a leader whom frequently doubted the direction he was leading them and figured that our dear [member="Lady Kay"] was better off to continue without my part in burden", still the argument did not change the situation and Veiere could see where Einon stood in his perception of the events surrounding Deneba, it was strewn across his face.

"Here's a question, Ein" Veiere tilted his head forward a little, eyebrows lifting in genuine interest for what his response might be; "Where I to be held accountable for my actions, what do you think that would look like at the end of all things. Am I guilty of bringing violence upon the Jedi of Deneba? I am..." He admitted rather openly, "Though one might call it a just act against the hypocrisy of the Jedi in today's society. Still that does not undo my guilt, I accept that. Were I to be held accountable however, do you belief I can be redeemed so-to-speak...-And what good would that do me. What good would that do Kay? I will never be King again, Commenor would be insane to allow that...-And what of my marriage...." it was all seeming to be very damning regardless of whether he chose to stay put or to seek his freedom back on Rannon behind the strength of the Order he had created. "Were I to flee, I risk losing Kay...-If I were to stay and by some miracle we do not end up divorcing one another, she will forever be questioned in her leadership...-Which of those options do you believe to be best for Commenor".

The thought was suddenly ceased by the presence of others, one particular presence that stood out in such vivid strength it took little effort to recognize that his Wife had come to speak with him, and brought others along for the ride. "Well Einon, it appears we may find out one way or another...-Though I suspect you knew of this already" Veiere glanced back to the man, offering a tilt of his head in acknowledgement before moving to stand to his feet just as Kay entered accompanied by [member="Macoda Haberon"] and [member="Darlyn Excron"].

"A warrant has been issued...For your arrest. I'm sorry".
Her emotions spilled over between the pair of them, their bond within the Force strengthened by their very wedding rings did not help to deter Veiere's awareness of how difficult this was proving for his wife. Taking in a slow breath, Veiere's gaze shifted beyond her to look to the two alongside her, also very aware that Einon had slowly risen to his feet rather shortly after Veiere himself had done so. At his hip, clipped to his belt were his Lightsabers, the weapons feeling far heavier than they had before, the pull of the Darkside of the Force calling to Veiere to stand tall and defend his freedom against the fate that was being placed upon him, it was all so very tempting. His right hand moved slowly to reach for the two hilts, taking them both into the palm of his one hand, their clips being depressed through his use of the force and soon detaching them from his belt, he moved to place them down upon the table beside the chair he had been sat upon just prior.

Turning back to look directly to his Wife, his head lifted some in a half nod of compliance though he didn't yet speak. His relinquishing his hilts would hopefully bring her some peace of mind in the fact that while he did have quite a good chance in clearing the room around him through his training and command over the force, he preferred not to bring harm upon those he still held a care for. Most especially Kay herself. In final confirmation, he slowly stepped towards the group, anxiety and angst fueling off of their persona, they seemed most prepared to resort to violence were he to give them the sign yet he would not give them any.

"You won't be needing those cuffs, Dear...".

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Einon"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Macoda Haberon"]

Doyle

D
[member="Veiere Arenais"] seemed to have thought long and hard at this. Either that or the attack on Deneba was something that he had planned for a long time. Einon kept himself still and relaxed as the former King began to lay everything out for him. People had a way of doing that. It was why Einon spoke so little at times. It gave others the opportunity to bear their souls. And as always, it gave him valuable insight and intel. Did Veiere's reasoning and ill health justify his actions? No. Einon didn't believe so just yet.

And then he was given a question, one of politics and law. T surely gave him something to think about and something that would have to be brought up to Kay soon. She would have to decide which is more important; her love for her husband or her dedication to the rule of law that their citizens must abide by. It made him glad to not have to face such a choice. It was life altering.

And just as he was about to give his opinion, [member="Lady Kay"] had arrived with others in tow. Veiere had gotten to his feet and so too did Einon. "I did. And it was out of respect that I ensured that I could be here. We are not enemies. This is nothing personal." As Veiere reached for his sabers, so too did Einon reach for the pistol at his back. But it wasn't required. Once the sabers were left on the table, he picked them up, securing them so that they wouldn't be stolen. He watched closely as Veiere stepped towards Kay, but there didn't seem to be an air of malice between them. Only caution and acceptance. It was a far better outcome than he had imagined. That boded well for the former King.

[member="Macoda Haberon"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom