Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Price of a Comfortable Life

HRD Jalan Riyadosh

H
The Stargazer held orbit over the planet, a small cargo shuttle being used to dispatch the HRD Jalan to the surface of the Minerva Research Moon. The droids hand delicately touched the covered bacta tank that held precious cargo, the cover keeping it's contents hidden from view for the time being. The trip had been troubling, skirting the edge of confederate space to entertain guests, watching for trouble while maintaining the course they had for several customers before making a the final stop here.

It was a necessary trip, certain aspects of her charges future depended on the HRD ensuring that her chances for a happy life. Not that many outside of Jalan, and a few doctors in the past that knew of the young charge in the first place. The droid did not spend time thinking about options, not after seeing the osteo augment on one of her filtered searches through public confederate boards that detailed the market places. It was a double edged sword however, and exchange for one boon while taking on another issue.

A completely sterile environment would be difficult to maintain at times aboard a far ranging ship such as the stargazer. A number of passengers from different worlds, different walks of life. Even with advanced medical screening, sickness and ailments were not always found, nor could people be turned away without a plausible cause. The droid watched from the viewport as other vessels disembarked and lazily descended to the planet.

Some had planned for a trip to the planets surface. But Vylmira had not been the droids goal. No, there was help that she had found in the research station. Help for her young charge as she made sure the case carrying her original eyes was about her. A pair of security droids flanked her, standing in idle silence while she watched the moon come closer. The worker droid held onto the tank carefully, shims of softer material between it's hands and tank required as the ship sent the proper signals to identify itself and it's passengers. It had no weapons save for the pair of droids, and the worker droid was huddled tightly into the craft as it was.

Jalan quietly waited for the ship to land, the outfit she wore not lending itself to any kind of surprise weaponry as the door opened, the pair of droids turning slightly to see who had come to greet them.

John Locke John Locke

There was something about this moon of Vylmira that seemed cold, sterile, somehow reminiscent of the worst parts of a doctor's hospital or a laboratory. It was perhaps why John had avoided visiting this particular facility, this particular moon until now. It was the quiet, the lack of any other sound that wore on him more than anything else. All he had to do was close his eyes and he'd be back in that bacta tank, floating in the gelatinous liquid as he could only catch the world pass him by, unable to interact with them, to even hear them. It was amazing how desperate you came for some sensation, how much you craved the sound of other people. Alone, cut off like that you were left alone with your thoughts and nothing more, the thoughts gradually turning inwards, gnawing away at yourself.

All John had to do was close his eyes and he could remember that feeling, the sheer utter helplessness of it, the way that his world had slowly constricted until he'd started to forget what the sun felt like, the sound of people's voices. It was perhaps why he'd avoided visiting the particular facility in the past, it reminded him too much of that time, too many bad memories. And yet...there was something about the communication that had drawn him in, pulled him back to it, had drawn him out here.

In the silence of the station the sounds on the other side of the door became more and more pronounced. It was a good thing that he didn’t have a full staff on the station, just the odd researcher and their team who needed access to the facilities present.

Hands slipped into pockets as he saw the ship arriving, a myriad of external cameras and sensors tracking it’s arrival. That slow turn towards the airlock as it silently shifted open.

“Welcome to Minerva, I’m John.”

HRD Jalan Riyadosh

HRD Jalan Riyadosh

H
The man before them spoke in greeting, pleasant in tone and demeanor as the HRD gave a respectful nod to him in acknowledgement as her fingers interlaced and were placed across her hips.

"A pleasure, John. I am human replica droid, Jalan Riyadosh." The woman tapped her cheek, pointing to the small external clip perched there. "I would like to avoid issues of security or intent by being candid in the matter of my identity." Her hand smoothly separated from the other as she gestured to the worker droid holding the tank behind her. Cream colored eyes wandering over the container and attached equipment in a cursory glance before turning back to John.

"I have brought my charge, the real, Jalan Riyadosh." A moment of humor flashed across her features in regard to the topic of names and identities. "A strange bit of history behind the shared name, and existence of us both I am happy to say." Her hands parted once more to bring herself back to the matter at hand. A learned process through her time with customers and the late Riyadosh patriarch.

"I seek medical assistance for her in the form of this, osteo-augmentation. I would happily speak with you on the details of this, along with other augmentations inside, if you would permit?" The woman quietly watched, smile present as the pair of security droids kept watchful gaze over the man. The worker droid stood silently, the photoreceptor taking in what it could see from the hold.

John Locke John Locke

The galaxy was full of weird and amazing things, works of art that could leave you speechless, technologies that would have you scratching your head wondering how they'd managed to pull that off. John had seen them all, and yet...yet the scene in front of him gave him pause to stop and look at them again. HRDs, the technology was known and commonly used by those who wanted a companion or assistant who they could trust implicitly, one who by the very nature of their programming was unable to turn against them or betray them.

It was just...well John had never in all his time seen a droid programmed and designed to emulate and copy a living person, and then acting on their behalf. The dark-haired man took a long moment to look between the two of them, eyes flitting back and forth before he took a breath, letting out as his hand slipped out of his pocket in a gesture that encompassed the two of them.

"Something tells me there's a story here and not one I'd expect."

A short pause and then a gesture inviting them in to follow him as the man turned on his heel, the doors of the facility silently opening in front of them. A white sterile corridor, doors stretching up and down, like so many labs, so many hospitals the galaxy over. Not a body moved, not another sound could be heard apart from the sound of their footfalls as the cyborg led them deeper into the facility, a single portal opening to deposit them into a lounge complete with a comfortable sofa and a bar.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'm guessing this is gonna be one of the more interesting negotiating sessions I've ever been to. Can I get you something to drink?"

HRD Jalan Riyadosh

HRD Jalan Riyadosh

H
There was a growing smile at his words. The mention of an interesting, or at least unexpected story bringing humor to the droids face. Part of her short learning process with her creator. Something she had spent all her available time to learn and emulate to the best of her capabilities. Not difficult given the amount of free time a droid could accumulate without the need to sleep like a typical biological.

"There is indeed a story. One of strange circumstance, unintentional secrets, and blatant oversights." The droid nodded, still carrying the tone of humor in her voice. The HRD and the worker drone moved with him, the drone coming to a halt just inside the door but not moving further. The HRD however took a seat at the sofa. Her attention sharply focused on John Locke John Locke as she raised a hand.

"The offer is appreciated, but I do not require refreshments at this time." A brief pause had the droid chasing a line of question that the personality model was curious about. "Have you ever negotiated with a droid before, John?" The informality made the droid pause, pondering her own title briefly before curbing a future issue.

"You may call me, Riya, for the time being as to avoid confusion between myself and my charge."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom