Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pretty Lady and the Master (Kat or Sky!)

Mairra Fehn

M
Tython was a strange world. The first place she'd ever been to aside from Arkania. She wasn't quite sure that she liked it. She didn't hate it, but it was a lot different from the tundra of her homeworld. Here there were trees and other things. She liked the trees, but she felt like they could be hiding something behind each and every one of them and found that frightened her a little bit. Still, she frowned at them, took a breath, and moved on.

The Jedi Temple was in front of her. She could see a lot of people there. Not knowing any of them by sight made it hard to know who to talk to. She wished the young padawan had been there to greet her. That would have made things simpler. By now he probably wasn't a Padawan but a Knight instead! He could train her!

She tried not to let her excitement and slight anxiety show as she walked up to the structure and stepped inside of the main hall. People were walking to and fro, and she opened her mouth to try to speak with one, but they moved by so quick that she didn't have the chance. Threepeat bumped into her backside, nudging her forward more and she stepped further in before deciding it might just be better to wait. She smoothed out her dress as she did so.

KitKat

Katarine Ryiah was annoyed. She was in a small office, pouring over paperwork with the doors shut and the lights almost completely dim. This was the way of things lately. She had several personal matters ranging all the way from a family torn to shreds by an ancient curse to the usual stress of a missing husband. She was tired... just so tired of everything she loved going up in smoke. But a Jedi never had time to be tired and no matter what Katarine thought she was still a Jedi and her faith was still important to her.
So when the Council informed her about a wandering presence in the halls of the Tython Temple Kat had no choice but to investigate. Training some wandering padawan was the last thing she wanted to do but she wouldn't defy the Council. She sighed and left her office. This was the way of things.
It wasn't difficult to pick the woman out. She looked completely out of place. Her timid nature made it difficult for her to gain the attention of passerby. Katarine took a few steps toward her and smiled. It didn't quit touch her eyes but the smile never did these days.
"Can I help you with something?"

Mairra Fehn

M
She nearly jumped in fear when Katarine spoke to her. She hadn't seen the woman approaching! Sighing, she bowed her head a bit to the woman and looked up. Though the Jedi was smiling, her eyes showed that it was fake and a sadness washed through Mairra so profoundly that she had to reach a hand to rest on top of Threepeat's head to keep herself steady. The little droid whistled at her but she ignored it.

"Hello, Master Jedi. I... Years ago I met a Jedi Padawan on Arkania who told me that I have the ability to touch the Force if I get training to do so. I never had the chance to see if it was true until now. I've come here to seek training in the ways of the Force."

She shuffled a little in place, glancing around at everyone. Why was she so nervous? Normally she wasn't this nervous around people. She'd never had a hard time making friends or things like that. In fact, she was strongly confident that she had the ability to be someone! She just hadn't really dealt with Jedi Master's before and they were slightly intimidating when she thought about it. Especially when they offered you a fake smile.

"Would you teach me?"

KitKat

Katarine listened. She had figured as much. This girl had a sense of purpose so Katarine knew she wasn't one to just randomly wander into Jedi Temples. Her face softened when she seen how nervous the girl was. It wasn't this girls fault that James Terran was missing and Kats life was quickly spiraling out of control. She needed to lock that anxiety away or risk harming this new journey.

"I sense a future for you. A life as a Jedi is no easy path and it's a commitment that isn't easily broken. Tell me... why do you seek this life?"

Mairra Fehn

M
"My life hasn't been an easy path to this point. I don't think it would be much different, really."

She fiddled with the end of her sleeve as she looked at Katarine. This was a beautiful woman in front of her and she felt an attraction to her immediately. Thinking such a thing inappropriate under the circumstances, she turned her eyes away and looked down at Threepeat, who had moved up beside her. Dropping her hand down, she rubbed the top of his head for a minute even though she knew he couldn't feel it.

"I want to belong somewhere and not be shunned by everyone. I can do nothing else. At least as a Jedi I could do something with myself and help others too."

KitKat

"Jedi do help a great many people but often we are outcasts and sometimes even hated for our faith. There are times we work alone for great periods of time. But you would belong to an Order and a higher cause. It's sort of a trade."

The woman would have to make sacrifices to be a Jedi. It wasn't an easy road but Kat senses a strength inside. She watched the girl, wondering what she was thinking. As it were it was lucky Kat didn't know. Harboring feelings like that would disgust Katarine and she would ask for an immediate transfer of the padawan. She would never deal with the clingy obsessive type of padawan again. Mist Mayweather had been a thorn in Kats side for far long enough. She wasn't about to let it happen again.

She motioned for the woman to follow her. " you can take quarters here at the temple. Most Padawans preference and you may be able to meet some others in training. "

Mairra Fehn

M
"I don't have anywhere else to go. Here is where I belong, and at least I'd be able to do something I was meant to do."

She brushed Threepeat's dome again, and then the woman turned to start walking. Leaning away from the droid, she followed after her, the little astromech following along beside her. He didn't leave her side now that his owner was dead. Threepeat belonged to her now. At least he was a loyal and friendly little droid. He always guarded her and protected her. She was glad of that. He whistled once and she looked down at him.

"No, we'll be staying here, Threepeat. The ship will be fine."

Looking back to her new Master, she wondered what this was going to be like. She knew a hard life already. No matter what, she wasn't going to be scared off.

"What's it like? Being a Jedi, I mean. Why do people fear you? Why are there Sith?"

KitKat

"People fear the Jedi because the Jedi do terrible things. We kill and wage war and have power a lot of the galaxy doesn't understand. People will always fear what they do not understand. "

As they walked Kat lead the way to a small dormitory unit. They went inside and waited for the secretary to get a room key. While they waited Kat pondered her second question.

"Wherever there is light there must also be dark. One cannot exist without the other. The Sith philosophy fulfills the other half of our galactic coin. "

Mairra Fehn

M
She looked somewhat disheartened at that bit of news. Why couldn't one exist without the other? And why did the Jedi kill people and wage war and such? That didn't seem like what she'd always been told the Jedi were. Or, rather, the one Jedi she'd met when she was younger had not been someone like that. Why did they do such things?

"Why do Jedi kill and wage war? I thought we were supposed to protect people. Shouldn't we abhor fighting?"

They had stopped while someone went to get a key. Threepeat bumped into her backside and she absentmindedly reached a hand around to lightly swat at him.

"I don't like to fight because if I get cut I won't stop bleeding."

KitKat

"We are in the middle of a war. To tell you the Jedi never kill and never wage war is like telling you a fairy tale. Like any war we think what we are doing is right and the other team thinks what they are doing is right but war breeds monsters. You just have to pick which side of the battlefield you want to be on. ".

This was the truth. Whoever said the Jedi didn't kill were silly. Jedi blew up an entire Dearh Star full of workers and crew. You didn't have to be slitting throats to be killing.

She raised her eyebrow. "And you think a position in an order full of warriors is the best place for that?" Kat began to question the girls sanity.

Mairra Fehn

M
"Why must we be warriors? Not everyone wants to fight."

She was starting to feel slightly nervous, though. She didn't want to be a warrior. Physical combat was not something that would appeal to her. She was not the type to go out and fight the Sith head on, rushing into battle like a fool. She didn't want to fight because she didn't want to die and she was sure that would happen.

"I don't want to fight. I want to help people."

Truth be told, she might actually be a good fighter, she just would fight in ways that most Jedi did not. What she really wanted to do, though, was help the ill and those who had trouble with their crops and their survival. That was her calling.

KitKat

Katarine frowned and thought for a moment. "I think what you need is to join the medical corps. They are a healing organization in the Jedi. It's a division if the am organization that does everything from disaster relief to medical hell. . A healer is a noble profession and I think it might suit you. "

Even as she spoke the words she felt the painful memories. James was a healer. She pushed the painful memory away. "I will locate a Jedi healer for you to talk with." The secretary handed the key over and Kat lead the girl to section D room 0414. The key opened the door perfectly and they stepped inside. It wasn't much but it would be a place to call home. "What do you think."

Mairra Fehn

M
"What if I can't heal people?"

She didn't know anything, but she didn't think that everyone had the same abilities. She'd heard that Jedi had specializations, callings really. What if hers wasn't in healing, but something else? She was concerned about that. It made her wonder what she was going to do. Katarine said she was suited for something like the medical corp just based on her outlook on things, but she didn't know if that was true.

Being led to the room, the door opened, she looked inside. It wasn't much, but it was hers and that was all that mattered to her. Threepeat nudged past her and rolled inside to scan everything.

"It's nice. Thank you, Master."

KitKat

Kat smiled reassuringly at her. "Don't worry. If this is the life you want then you will find purpose and a place here. Jedi do have many abilities and sometimes they are different. I have sensed strength in you. You will find your path here." She smiled as the droid bumped around.

"I will let you get settled and get something to eat. Tomorrow I will call upon you to begin your path."

She left a few moments latter remembering her first night in the padawan dormitories. No doubt this girls mind would race just as much as hers had all that time ago.

The next day:

A message was sent for her new padawan to meet her in the gardens early that morning. When she arrived she would find Kat in silent meditation sitting under a large tree.

Mairra Fehn

M
"Yes, Master."

The woman left and Mairra threw herself down on the bed with a squeal of delight. It was all hers! Finally she was getting to make something of herself! For the first time since she was young she actually felt really good about herself. Maybe, for once, she'd get to have things go right. Wouldn't that be the nicest gift of all?

She got food when it was time, and then came back to her room to sleep. Perhaps she was a bit different than Kat imagined, because she slept soundly and woke well rested the next morning. In fact, she was overly eager to begin her training. There was only one problem: she only had one pair of clothes! Panicked, she looked in the wardrobe, and found a selection of robes there. Someone was on their game. She slipped into one before she went to get something to eat and then to find her Master.

When she did find her, she was, it seemed, sleeping. Threepeat whirred, still following her around. She shushed him and then sat down across from her Master, watching her curiously.

KitKat

Katarine smiled when she sensed her padawan sit down. "Good morning. Did you sleep well?" As they exchanged pleasantries Katarine did not open her eyes but she seemed to have no problem seeing her padawan or the little droid.

Finally Kat put her hand in her pocket and clasped something inside. "A Jedi knows that thier eyes can trick them. The Force guides us and in many cases is our eyes. Close your eyes now and concentrate on my hand inside my pocket. Tell me what is in my hand."

Clasped inside her hand was a small child's toy in the shape of a Wookie. It had once belonged to Chase Tanelorn, her former masters son. This was the exact same way Jessari had started Kats own training what seemed like a lifetime ago. The memory of her master made her smile as her deep green eyes opened to watch the cycle continue.

Mairra Fehn

M
"It was a good night."

She had slept rather well. Now she was just anxious about getting on with her training, though. There was so much to learn and she felt like she was much older than a padawan should really be. She felt like she was far behind. Of course she trusted her new master to teach her everything that she could possibly want to learn and to help her progress rapidly. That's what a good master did.

When she was told to close her eyes she did so. She wasn't entirely sure she understood what she was being told to do, but she didn't want to seem dumb by asking what Kat meant. Instead, she tried to focus on what the woman had said. In her hand she held an object. What the object was, however, was a mystery. She said that she was to concentrate on Kat's hand and discover what the object was. Ok. She could do this.

She focused her mind, envisioning the hand of her master. It was out there. It was in a pocket, and it had something in it. That something was, at first, recognizable only as a mass. She focused on the mass and felt an odd sensation run through her, like someone had just slid a feather down her spine. The mass began to coalesce into a shape. Then it took on color. Slowly it took on texture. She recognized what it was.

"It's a little toy shaped like a wookie."

KitKat

"Very good." Katarine pulled the small toy out of her hand and held it in her open palm. "The Force can help us see more than just our eyes can. Jedi spend a lot of time in silent reflection practicing these types of skills."

She looked down at the toy and it began to float above her hand as if an invisible string was holding it up. Just like Jessari had shown Katarine all those years ago. "With the Force a Jedi can do wonders. It is your strongest ally." It was true many Jedi used the Fore for many different things. Kat did not like to trivialize the Force. Things that could be done the old fashion way were done that way but she would let her padawan make her own judgements about this. For now they were just covering the basics.

"You can feel this object in my hand. By using the Force it can be lifted. This is how a Jedi manipulates objects around them. You try it." She let the toy float back down to her palm.

Mairra Fehn

M
She listened to what Kat had to say and watched as the doll floated up and down. The young Jedi she'd met many years before had shown her the same such wonders. She remembered staring at him doing it for a day. She'd been so fascinated by it all. But now it seemed almost normal to her now. She hadn't ever done it before, of course, but it didn't have the same appeal to her, mysticism, as it had back then.

When instructed to do it herself, she reached for that familiar sensation from before. It ran through her like a cold fire, leaving little bumps all over her skin and a slight shiver. Then she reached out like she had to feel the toy before and discern what it was. But this time, she motioned her hand and the toy began to rise, slowly, up into the air. She held it there, and then motioned with her hand and it began to spin in short circles above Kat's hand.

KitKat

Kat watched the toy spin in the air with a pleased look on her face. Telekinesis was a very useful ability the Jedi possessed. "Keep practicing. Several Jedi find it easy at first to move smaller things but they get discouraged with larger ones. Remember size matters not."

She pocketed the small Wookie toy. "The abilities of a Jedi are not easy to pin point and box into categories but there are some basics. The ability to manipulate objects, the ability to manipulate yourself, and the ability to manipulate others with the Force are things a Jedi rely on. Part of unlocking your ability in the Force is through physical activity. This is why Master Yoda taught Luke Skywalker the way he did. A Jedi can feel strength flowing through the Force during times when they push their body to the limits. Before we learn about combat I feel it is important to learn ways you can strengthen yourself. For example."

She stood up and ran a few feet and jumped into the air. In all reality it looked like this was nothing more than a routine jump and she should have landed a few feet in front of her position. With the Force however Katarine managed to jump almost the entire length of the garden with ease. She landed on a low branch of a large tree on the other side. A few moments latter and she was back where she had originally been standing next to her padawan.

"Inviting the Force into your muscles helps strengthen them. Not all Jedi can do this but I am curious to see where your talents lie. Give it a shot."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom