Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pointy End (Mandalorians)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
YAVIN IV
MANDALORIAN SPACE

"Once upon a time," said Ember to the assembled Mandos, "generations of Jedi trained here. But we don't care about that. This isn't about tradition or art, this is about adaptation and skills and tools." A bitter green lightsabre snapped to life in his hand. "This? This is a can opener to me. It's my can opener, and Force help the man who tries to take it from me or underestimates what I can do with it, but it's still just...a can opener.

"I'm no Mandalorian. I'm a Witch. But my son became one, my daughter-in-law was Mand'alor for a time, and I've bled for Manda'yaim same as any of you. I know the beskad pretty nearly as well as I know the lightsabre, and I've managed to piece together a basic style that should do you just fine with a lightsabre. This is half beskad fighting and half what the Jedi call Djem So, which is my primary style. It's all about power, and controlling that power, same as with a beskad.

"If you're here, you're here because you want to learn to use a lightsabre. I don't care if you're Force-sensitive or not; I designed this combat style to work for Mandos who can't use the Force. There's old stories of people like Grievous, Anja Gallandro, Pre Viszla tackling Forcers on their own terms, lightsabre against lightsabre. I don't see what makes them better than any of you.

"Here's a box of lightsabres we took off Dromund Kaas." He cracked open a battered red toolbox. Jumbled sabres with locked activation switches filled the toolbox to its brim. "Take one, get in a grid like you're learning hand to hand. Don't take the lock off yet to turn it on."

@[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Dred Varad"] @[member="Gilamar Skirata"] @[member="Arrbi Betna"] @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] @[member="Strider Garon"] @Whoeverelsewantsin

@[member="Ember Rekali"]

Ordo Stepped up to the box and grabbed one that was big enough to grip with two hands if he needed and walked to his spot.

The silver sheen on the metal looked alot nicer from this end of the emitter. His black armor with fresh orange symbols had been hit by more than one hyperactive glow rod in his time but this was going to be one for the record books.

Strider watched as Ordo picked a two handed hilt glow stick from the box. “Overcompensating pup?” The old man jousted at the large warrior as he walked towards the box and past Ordo. Problem was Strider snagged a double handed sabre as well, making his way back to stand beside the mando he had just made fun of.

“Before you say it, yes, its overcompensation.... only because i am not going to let you have a bigger sword then I” He ripped on himself before the younger one could tie into him in retaliation.

@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Strider Garon"]

"That glowrod won't make yer beskad grow you old shabbuir." Ordo laughed.

He liked the old goat he was on Ordo's wave length just not his sword length. Ordo continued waiting for the comeback and others to line up for training.

"We better get drinks later your head is swollen."

Petra came along to support and observe. There was a desire with her for both Mandalorians and Dathomirians to work together. They were similar but they had their difference. That is why she sat there. She would help when needed but Ember had the show. However, the show it seemed to be between the two mandos and their humorous back and forth. That made Petra chuckle.

((Sorry it was short one, just wanted to show support))

Strider caught sight of the infamous witch known as @[member="Petra Cavataio"] “Sure…..head swollen…..drinks!”. It was the least to say that the large busted woman caught the mandalorian’s full attention. Then it hit him what the insolent young bastard had said to him.

Now his focus was back on Ordo “watch yourself pup, I could have been your father if the damn strill didn’t beat me over the fence”
@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Strider Garon"] @[member="Petra Cavataio"] @[member="Ember Rekali"]

"Careful you old stud." Ordo began his lie, "Petra there is my mother."

Ordo let out a laugh and looked to the woman.

"Ain't that right Buir'ika."

Ordo was ready to figure the Jetiise'kad out but trading licks with Garon was worth the wait. Ordo would probably be happy sitting on the farm trading jabs with the man all day.

Jak Skirata

J
Picking a saber out of the box he shrugged and got into formation. The hilt itself was light, compared to a beskade, and not nearly as flashy, but his black hilted saber seemed interesting. What he really wanted to do was get inside and figure out all the parts and wires that made it tick. This would be an interesting day to say the least...

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@Ordo @Davin Skirata @[member="Strider Garon"] @[member="Petra Cavataio"] @[member="stardust"]

"All right, you lot, let's get moving on this. Pair up. We've got kolcta for reattaching limbs if you get stupid."

He began to lead them through some very basic attacks and some very basic blocks.

@[member="Strider Garon"]

"You ready, for your Adopted striil to put a boot in yer backside old timer?" Ordo asked his new jousting partner.

"You watching buir'ika?" Ordo said to the woman who he was certain had thought of purchasing him from Mia Monroe.

@[member="Ember Rekali"] @[member="Petra Cavataio"]

Satara stood behind @[member="Petra Cavataio"] , listening to what @[member="Ember Rekali"] as he had made his introduction before the Mandalorians began taking their lighsabers and taking their positions. She joined the fellow Ma'tra then, in the chair beside her. She was silent the entire time, here merely to see the training session of their allies. There was still much the woman didn't know about the Mandalorian people but this certainly seemed like a good way to learn. And perhaps to even see how the male Elder worked as a teacher to others, whether they were gifted with the Force or not.

It had been fun and games until now but when the bright orange 1.8 meters blade came to life Ordo stopped joking. It was not as heavy as a beskad and ordo almost thought it was harder to use as a result. He liked feeling the resistance and the crash of a hard swing, but this was what he had shown up for, and The Manda could take him Before he'd back out.

"Shereshoy" he said to the wind. "I will call it 'Shereshoy', Lust for life."

He started going through the motions Ember had been teaching them.

Jak Skirata

J
Activating his own blade after releasing the safety his eyes flew open. The weightless, red blade before him came to life with a snap-hiss, the constant hum a curious phenomena to the Mandalorian. Dropping his arms to his side, he let the blade hang at his side for a moment, watching the controlled flow of plasma. "So, are we also going to learn how these work? These devices are absolutley facinating..." As he spoke, he flailed his arms and hands around in gestures, ignorant of the deadly weapon he held in his hand that had bounced off of his armor several times just in the last five seconds.

Holding the blade out in front of him now, his eyes narrowed at the blade before he gave it a swing, nearly throwing out his arm. "Gah! This thing...!" he cried out in shock. He had forgotten that the blade was weightless. One didn't need to exert much force to swing this blade quickly or powerfully. It was strange, and foreign to the young Kiffar.
@Ordo @Ember Rekali

Taking a moment to watching the two meat heads going back and forth a little more, it was amusing how they behave with each other. Typical male behavior and no matter where or when it was funny. Her attention did changed to look back and give Satara a smile before hearing Ember tell the group what to do next. The next step of igniting the sabers gave Petra a sense of wonder on what colors were in the box that they got from the Sith. Out of them ones ignited by the group, the woman with the purple crystal had the color that Petra loved. So a smile was given to Stardust for having the fav color.

@[member="Ember Rekali"] @[member="stardust"] @[member="Satara Hawk"] @[member="Strider Garon"] @[member="Davin Skirata"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@Ordo @Davin Skirata @stardust @Petra Cavataio @[member="Satara Hawk"] @[member="Strider Garon"]

"All right, ladies and gents, you've got your lightsabres. Now come on, pair up like I said. It's like herding nexu over here. Skirata, stop flailing, you'll take your arm off. Each of you find a partner (OOC: NPCs are fine) and start going through this. Here's the basic block, here's the basic strike. One of you do the strike, one of you do the block. Come on. Baby steps."

@[member="Ember Rekali"]

Ordo paired off with another vod while Garon stared at Petra and began going through the motions. He held the lightsaber in both hands and drove it down onto the kid's guars and then assumed the guard position as instructed.

Ordo wasn't the most subtle of people and swung the orange blade more like a club than a lightsaber. He was trained to use a rykk blade and this wasn't that different than that.
Swing move block
Swing move block
Swing move block
Either he was doing the waltz or they were getting the basics after all.

Jak Skirata

J
Stepping into line with @[member="Ordo"], the two warriors danced the dance of the modified Djem So. The two took turns, Davin gingerly swinging his blade after threat of losing limbs, not that he didn't have a dozen synthetic arms waiting back in his workshop, but he saw how painful losing an arm was on Kaas with that woman. He would rather not have that happen to himself.

The blades connected and colided with sizzles and snaps, sending sparks and illuminating the two warriors' armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom