Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Plight of the Just

Sylvi

S
Step two: Endear yourself to your mark.

This had not gone entirely how I'd planned. I hadn't meant to kiss death today. Nor... nor had I expected that my target would end up as endeared to me as I hoped I was to him. I was genuinely glad that he decided to stay. It was selfish, I know. My own comfort shouldn't matter when I'm working, especially when it's entwined so closely to someone I was meant to... someone I was working with. It was obvious that this couldn't go on. I knew that I'd have to face it in the future; but right now? Now, I was hurting, I was lonely, and he was soothing both of those simply by being here.

The man grabbed a chair and returned to my side, asking about the crash.

The monitors blipped, registering over a dozen sudden jolts in my hearts as they all skipped a beat. Clenching my jaw, I glanced up at the monitor, taking the time to let a tiny sigh uncoil from my chest.

"I... don't remember."

That was supposed to be a lie, but I realized with a start that it wasn't. I recalled approaching the planet, dropping out of hyperspace, finding the desert... and then it was all a black, blurry... nothing. A grimace took my features as I fought to dig through the blackness. Wait, what if I'd forgotten something important? What if William had given me a last command or piece of advice to heed before I landed?

My fingers moved under the blanket, gently touching the binding around my thigh wound. I remembered... pain, blood, heat; the intention, I wanted this to happen. Not quite like this, but somehow. Otherwise... there was nothing. Letting out a sigh, I returned my hand to the outside of the blanket at sighed,

"I'm sorry, I don't know. I didn't... scare you too badly, did I?"

[member="Kale Seleare"]

A man can change his stars
Did she scare me? Hell yeah she did. She was nearly dead, crashed, and beaten up. Let alone decided to make the worst decision ever in removing the glass shard from her leg to begin with. However, I just smiled and shook my head at her. There have been many times I have talked to others. Knowing that its best to ease them and to comfort them, rather than tell them the cold hard truth. Never before had I had to save someone's life in the way that I did. More over, I don't think I want to ever dig my fingers into someone's thigh to remove a small piece of glass. She was conflicted I could see it. Easily playing among her face. A clear voice, spoken directly to her.

"I was afraid you would die. So I was. Now that the doctors have you in a stable condition? I am not worried too much. Its okay if you don't remember. You did have a concussion, and with a crash you were probably getting those G-forces full force."

My rational brain was fighting every ounce of emotion that I wanted to convey. I tried to play it easy. To slip into my role as a Jedi and a Judge. To help those in need. However, saving someone's life is... life changing. You feel good because you did something. Preserving life. At the same time, worried that you may have messed something up or made a permanent scar upon them.

"If there is anything you remember, please do let me know. Plus, stimulating your brain will help prevent damage by the concussion."

Sylvi

Sylvi

S
Something seemed to falter inside me for a moment.

This Jedi... this man I'd never met or shared so much as a word with, had found me and been afraid I would die. I swallowed, my fingers curling in the blanket over my lap. If the circumstances had been different--if it had been William, and not Kale that had found me--would he have been afraid? Would the man that owned me care if I had slipped away before he could help? Would he even? Yet, this Jedi, who knew nothing about me, had done so much and genuinely feared for my life.

Shut up, stop it. You're here to work. So work.

I forced aside those thoughts. He was just a Jedi. That's what they do. They're weak because they fear too much for the common people, waste their time healing others. There, that was better.

Kale mentioned that the G-Forces of the crash likely gave me a concussion, which was why my memory was suffering. Honestly, I felt my shoulders relax somewhat with relief. That made sense. A concussion would heal over time. With a sigh of relief, I nodded,

"I'm sure it'll come back to me in time."

Anything I remember? I remember targeting him specifically. I remember the thoughts I'd had, how to get into his mind, how to twist his attention, his affections, planning and plotting how to endear him to me in order to get information. I remember watching the planet come into view, sitting with my feet up on the control panel, idly wondering what I'd do with him once I was done, casually deciding the fate of the man who'd now saved my life.

There was no way I could ever share those.

"I'll let you know if I remember anything at all." I replied, "thank you... I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you."

For your sake, I'm sorry that I am.

Kaleleon Kaleleon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom