Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Plight of the Just

Sylvi

S
|| U T A P A U ||
Divider.png
Step one, locate the mark

I'd first run across the mysterious Jedi on my home planet, Weik. His signature was utterly unique to me at the time; him being the very first Jedi I'd ever come across. I had been much younger at the time, little more than a girl. If he'd sensed me back then as I'd followed him, he hadn't appeared to care. The man had simply gone about his business, a curious little witch watching from afar.

Now, however, I am older. I am wiser, and I am hungry for the secrets he might hold.

Plenty had happened since that day I'd followed the Jedi. I had grown, suffered, grown some more. My family had taught me much, their lessons harsh and brutal. Then I'd found [member="William the Bloody"]. Or rather, he'd found me, and he had opened up a whole new world I'd never have found on my own. Once upon a time I wouldn't have even dreamed of going after a Jedi to extract what they know. But now? Now... I found myself on some backwater planet, tracking the man from my memories.

I'm no tracker myself, but to my surprise, I'd managed to trail him here. Here being the planet Utapau, specifically, a desert on its surface. The craft I'd come in lay in a wreck in the sand, as if something had all but knocked it out of the sky. That had been the hard part; crashing intentionally to the ground without killing myself. I had suffered a few minor bumps and scrapes, but thankfully had no lasting injuries. The wreck itself had once been just a simply bucket of bolts, barely worth the price and honestly kinda satisfying to smash into the planet.

I knew the Jedi was nearby, his force signature was faint, but definitely present.

He might have felt the craft land, but I couldn't be sure that'd be enough to draw him to me. No, there was one thing that would ensure the attention of a Jedi.

Amid the wreckage was plenty of debris, and it didn't take long to find what I was after: a long, twisted, sharpened piece of metal. Taking deep breaths, I lowered myself onto the ground, laying on one hip, propped up on one elbow.

A few more deep breaths.

Tucking the shard of metal plating between my knees for a moment, I tore open the fabric of my pants over my thigh.

One more deep breath.

Then, taking the shard, I plunged it into my thigh.

The sudden agony was intense, surging through me as my thigh trembled from the shock. Immediately the searing, white-hot pain lanced through my core, the strength of control sapped instantly from my muscles. I threw my head back, releasing the sudden and excruciating pain in a wild howl, that soon petered out, reducing to gasping sobs. It had been some time since I'd felt anything quite this painful, and while it was certainly difficult, I was indulging the sobs and gasps a little more than I needed to.

Nothing like a pitiful sobs to draw the sympathy of a Jedi.

Divider.png

[member="Kale Seleare"]

A man can change his stars
Utapau was a planet that I had been asked to look into. Right now, the best I had for my clearance on Utapau was that I was a Outer Rim Judge. I had a badge and everything. However, the problem with it, is that I was only considered in training, and this was a mission completely of the Volunteer kind. Secondly, I had also heard of a species of people who could help me with my force potential. Having so very little of it, rumors of people who could make people become powerful within the force was... alluring to say the least. However, I wanted to make sure it was the right way.

So far, I hadn't found anything on Utapau. I had been told that there was likely small crimes and the like, but nothing huge or anything that would require my attention. Also being told that if there was a situation too dangerous for myself, then I was to get the hell out of there and contact the other Judges to get back up. So far, I hadn't found anything. Rolling up my sleeve just a bit. The sun was beating down on me pretty harshly. While it wasn't as bad as other places I had been, it was getting hot and I was sweating. I was so glad I had decided to wear my poncho. It was a nice dark maroon color with almost white stripes on it. Making sharp lines around my neck, and then down the length of the poncho.

It was keeping most of the heat off of me and I could hide my arms under it to prevent sunburn. My face though? I had made sure to put on some... chemical? Sun Screen I think it was called? Having never used it before it was quite different. Rubbing a lotion over the skin to prevent it from burning. That was new to me. Either way, I was geared up. While the poncho was slightly hiding a pistol under my left arm pit, a thigh holster was holding a blaster pistol to draw attention from the hiding saber and whatever other gear I may be carrying.

"Master Selare, Hate to bother you, but we have a reading of a falling ship to the surface about four clicks out."
"You sure its a falling ship and not just some random debris?"
"It's confirmed. Even has its signal boosted to make sure its heard."
"Wait, you said the signal was boosted?"
"Yes Master Selare."
"Hmmmm."
"What do you propose?"
"I will check it out. Something seems off."
"Ten-Four."

The line was cut as I walked back towards my speeder. Vaulting my leg over it and sitting down, I reached to the side to grab a set of goggles. Wrapping them around my eyes, I pulled a bandanna out of my pocket and tied it around my mouth to prevent dust and debris from riding up my nose or into my mouth. Throwing the speeder into first gear, and punching the throttle. The engine roared to life and pressed higher and higher in volume until I moved up a gear. Dropping down a moment only to begin raising again.

I started to reach about 120 kilometers per hour when I started to see the crashed vessel in sight. Well, more so I saw the smoke coming up from one point upon the horizon. As I was closing the distance I radioed back to my ship.

"If you don't hear back from me in 15 minutes, come get me."
"Always at your back Sir."

Keeping quiet for the rest of the ride, I started to slow down as I saw the vessel itself. There was quite the wreckage left behind. Eventually coming to a stop, I turned off the engine and got off. Releasing the tab on my holster in case I needed to draw the weapon. My right hand barely touching the grip as I walked closer to the ship.

"Eh! Can anyone hear me!"

I didn't hear anything so I cleared my throat and then projected my voice much louder and deeper to see if I could get it to cross more of a distance.

"ANYONE HEAR ME?"

I closed the distance to try and look through what was barely windows in the ship. Covered in soot, dirt, and debris, I placed a hand on the vessel but recoiled back from the heat. Cursing myself silently for being stupid. Either way, I started to make my way around the ship. Calling out for a final time.

"OUTER RIM JUDGE! I AM HERE TO HELP!"

[member="Sylvi"],

Sylvi

S
Even without the pain sapping at my strength, it felt as though I very quickly lost steam. The loud sobs reduced to whimpering, which became quiet mewling, which soon became just gasping breaths. I'd pulled myself up inside the belly of ruined craft, out of the harsh sun and heat, and lay against one of the cool inner walls.

I don't know how long it had been until I heard him; a distant sound, calling out. My eyes opened, and I felt a pounding in my head. With a grown, I lifted a hand to it, grimacing at the sudden throbbing ache. I swallowed, slowly raising a stiff hand to my head. My throat felt dry, parched even. As I pressed a palm to my forehead I felt damp, and realized I'd begun to sweat. Oh no, these were all bad signs.

Glancing down, the wound in my thigh was now soaked in deep crimson, the size of the pool around it inciting panic deep in my core.

"Down... here~"

I tried to cry out, but I was now much weaker than I'd expected.

"H-here~!"

I tried again, taking in as deep a breath as I could manage, forcing myself to yell as loudly as I could manage. I didn't even know if this was the Jedi I was after. At this point... I didn't even care. I'd overestimated myself, and right now I actually truly needed aid.

My eyes squeezed shut as a fresh wave of pain crashed over me, a roll of shudders following. Even though I was sweating, I could feel goosebumps washing over my skin. Please, please, find me.

[member="Kale Seleare"]

The fires in the ship roared a little bit as I rounded a corner. Not really hearing any response from anyone. But a very faint break finally came from somewhere inside the ship. The sound seemed to echo just a bit inside. At first, I was trying to find an opening. Some where I could just kind of "Walk" into rather than having to make my own hole. With the ship in the sand, I really didn't want to disturb anything in case something might fall or give way.

"Hey! If you can hear me try to be a little louder!"

I didn't know if it was really a call for help or just me hearing things. Getting close to an opening on the ground, I could see it was small enough to crawl through, but not enough that if I had to pull them out that I could. But the structure... I opted to just climb through. However before I did I called out to let them know I was coming in. Just in case they had a weapon, I didn't want them to kill me.

"Hello? I am gonna slide in here to check everything out."

Getting down on my hands and knees, I finally saw a small blood trail upon the ground. There was a small pool of it. Almost as though something had been lodged and then removed. Mistake number one. If there is something deep in you, leave it. Because it may just be holding back all the blood that could be leaving your body. From what it looked like, a large glass shard on the ground is what the cause was. Scooting underneath the metal outer layer, I slid on my belly to make sure no cuts were going to be in my back.

Looking up, Just with my head poking in the hole, I looked around right quick, Seeing to my right a woman who was barely there. Leaning up against the side of the vessel. Eyes adrift from what I could tell.

"Chit."

Pushing forward as fast as I could, I rounded around to find this girl was bleeding heavily. I stood there in shock for a moment. How was this girl even still alive with so much blood on the ground? Snapping out of it, I got to work. Taking off my poncho, I placed it over the top of her shoulders as a blanket. Trying to keep her warm from shock and loss of blood. Reaching to my side, I pulled out a little package, With one hand braced on her upper thigh, I tore into the package with my teeth and the other hand. Opening it up enough to spill out a powdered substance from it. Directly into the wound.

"I know it hurts, just don't move. Try not to move."

The powder was just an Anti-inflammatory. Meant to keep the swelling down so I could work on her leg. Looking down into her leg, I was so tempted to just wrap it up and yank her out of there. But, she had pulled the glass shard out. There might be a broken piece in there. And I know for damn sure that this will be even more painful. Grabbing a knife from my belt, I moved myself to gently press my knee into her thigh. Looking directly at her, I stopped for a moment.

"Uh... put this in your mouth. And bite down with all you got. This is going to hurt. I need to make sure everything is out of the wound."

I pulled up a section of the poncho for her to put in her mouth. A large enough chunk that she could bite down and not injure herself further. Plus, I was trying to talk her through it. Letting her know what I was doing so then she wouldn't just flip the hell out on me. Seeing as how we just met, I was almost completely on top of her to prevent her from moving too much, preparing to start quite literally digging into her to make sure the glass shards were out, I waited for her.

"Hey, hey, hey. Its okay. I am trying to clean the wound so it doesn't start getting worse. HEY! Stay with me. I need your eyes open. You ready?

[member="Sylvi"],

Sylvi

S
I fethed up.

The moments seemed to drag out forever, fluttering between painful, fervent waking and cool, black, comfortable unconsciousness. My head pounded, my throat parched and dry. I weakly tried to swallow, focusing what wavering energy I had left into remaining calm and trying to slow my hearts. Every passing moment, the blackness crept closer. I don't want to go. I have so much left to do.

His voice sounded again, closer this time.

I tried to call out, to guide him here, but my voice was so weak now. In fact it frightened me how soft and frail it had become. Had I really lost that much blood?

The blackness came once more, crashing over me like a heavy wave. When it receded I felt cold, the shivers now stronger than I remember them being. Shapes were growing fuzzy. I began to feel like I was floating, as if someone had tipped up the wreckage of the ship. It was surreal, like I was beginning to lose my tether to reality. I wanted to shake my head, to pull myself out of the weird twilight, but I dare not try to move.

Chit

A sharp, harsh word pierced the haze. I glanced up to see him appearing. The Jedi. He was a little older now, but I still recognized him. A sigh managed to form in my chest, relief flooding over me. He was here. someone was here. After a moment of what I could only imagine was surprise, the man hurried towards me. I kept my eyes on him as he reached me, some first aid training seeming to kick in. I wanted to hug him, to scream in joy and fling my arms around him in relief. But I had the strength for none of it, and could only stare on earnestly.

Taking the poncho from his own back, he placed it around my shoulders. The shivers seemed to lessen in intensity a little, and my breaths slowed just a bit. He placed a hand on my upper thigh and prepared some sort of packet as I watched on. I tried to brace myself, but still winced with a grimace as he emptied the powder onto the ugly wound. My thigh trembled, my whole body seeming to clench up. The pain was intense; a white-hot, cleansing burn that seemed to cut through to the bone. The wince melted into a soft, mewling sob as tears pricked the back of my eyes. Oh, the secrets this suffering would lead to.

I watched as he pulled out a knife, shifting himself until he was completely over me, a knee on my thigh near the wound. He told me to bite down, offering a corner of the poncho. Resting at my sides, my hands balled into fists. I knew what would come after such an instruction. My gaze on him was wide, fearful. As far as he knew, it was fear of the coming pain, but in truth, it was fear that he'd already come too late.

Opening my mouth, I weakly accepted the poncho.

Another wave seemed to come over me, more blackness, more cool reprieve.

HEY!

I blinked, my eyes snapping open again.

"S...sorry." I murmured, forcing myself to keep my eyes open, "th-thank... you..."

I took in a deep breath, one quivering hand moving to rest on his knee to try and show the genuine gratitude I couldn't express. Do it.

[member="Kale Seleare"]

She mumbled sorry. And then... thanked me. I looked at her for a second. Seeing the pain and fear in her eyes. Genuine and real. I just stared at her for a moment. Realizing that I had someone's life literally in my hands. This wasn't just some band-aid for me to cover up a boo-boo. This was the real deal. It was life or death for her. She had lost so much blood... No. I need to focus! I turned my head back to the wound. Breathing in and out for a moment as though I was the one being stabbed with a blade to get shards of glass out of my leg.

"Hold still."

Taking my left hand, the index finger slowly slipped into the flesh. Slick with blood and sweat. It was extremely hot and felt clearly wrong. A finger is not supposed to be in someone's leg. However, I pushed down until I could feel the last couple layers of flesh before the bone. The thumb on my right hand gently moved to the opening of the wound. Trying to be as careful as I could to not cause even more pain, but pulling back the flesh enough to move my finger around. Slowly moving it from one side of the wound to the other.

I could feel her shaking. So violent with pain and trembling of fear. She was losing blood fast. Finally feeling the piece of glass. I almost wanted to shout "Aha!" Like I had won a prize. However, I held back that temptation. Using the same thumb and index finger, I gently pulled back the flesh enough. Using the blade, I gently stared to slide it down the length of my finger to prevent any more cuts. finding the glass piece with the tip, I used my finger and the flat of the blade as a set of pincers. Grabbing the piece. Rolling it up my finger to be in the crook of it. Slowly pulling the finger out. Looking down at my bloodied hands, I had the piece of glass in my hand.

"Alright its out. The worst is over."

My own vision started sparkling and fading. It was when I realized that the stress and the shock had me holding my breath for the girl. As though I were once more trying to dig out pieces from my flesh. Reaching to my side again, I dug my hand into a small pouch on my belt. Pulling out a very small kit. Openeing it up with my teeth on the zipper, I let the packages within fall out. Gauze, wrapping, scissors, some ointments, even Bacteria wipes. Setting to work, I tried to wipe at the opening of the wound with the wipes, as well as using a couple of the gauze pads to sop up the blood. Using my hand to just close the wound as much as I could, I layered more pads on it. Pressing hard onto the wound to make sure they stayed, and to maybe staunch the bloodflow a bit. While her clothing around the leg was still fine, I ripped open a portion again to get at her leg easier.

She probably didn't expect some guy to be doing this to her clothes, but it was better than having her remove her pants entirely. Using the gauze as the first layer on the wound itself, I then wrapped a couple times around the gauze to hold it there. Then closed the clothing back up again over the top of the wrap, and gave it another. Wrapping quite a bit over her clothes to act as a compress as well as being just another layer to soak up the blood that was on her leg.

looking around quickly, I found what I needed. A random set of wires. I folded the ends down to not jab into her. Putting them on the inside, and outside of her thigh, and wrapped around her thigh a tourniquet. While I did have the compress to reduce blood from leaving the wound, I needed to prevent blood from getting to the wound in the first place. Giving me enough time to get her to an actual medical facility.

"Anon, I need you."
"You sound distracted. What is going on?"
"One injured civilian. Glass shard to the leg, bleeding is... near fatal. I need you to contact the closest medical facility near my location and have the prepare a room for her."
"Doing so no. Do you want them to send a vehicle?"
"They will take too long. I will just take her on my bike."
"Are you sure that-"
"It's all we got. It will have to do."
"Contact has been made. They are working to prepare a room for your civilian."
"Thank you."

Speaking as I was wrapping up the final touches on her leg, I looked at her. Face pale and drained. The pain took a lot out of her. Let alone all the bloodloss.

"Chitchitchitchitchit. HEY! Stay with me. Talk to me. Tell me your name. Where are you from?"

I didn't really listen to her if she started talking. I was more so wanting her to speak so I knew she was still there and alive. Standing up, I knew that the hole I came in wouldn't do it. I hated this idea, but it would have to do. Yanking a cylinder from my belt, the brilliant blue blade snapped to life. The Lightsaber humming loudly within the crashed ship.

Thrusting it into the wall, I began to make an opening for us to get out of here.

[member="Sylvi"],

Sylvi

S
There really wasn't much more I could do to brace myself.

It was sudden. My teeth clamped down hard on the poncho, my entire body suddenly going taut as every muscle and fiber sang with the pain. Searing, white-hot agony ripped through my exhausted body, my addled brain feeling overwhelmed as the stab wound screamed with pure torture. It took a moment to even realize that I had shrieked, was still shrieking, in fact, the long, loud wailing coming from my own throat. Maybe eternity passed as I felt what little strength I had remaining racing away from me in gasping, panicked sobs. My eyes squeezed shut, I wasn't ready see him digging around in my thigh.

All too soon my energy failed me, and the wails were reduced to sharp, blubbering gasps.

I felt my hand slide off his knee as I continued to grow yet weaker. He worked diligently, dressing the wound, sanitizing it. The searing, screaming agony had been reduced to a dull, steady ache that simply encompassed me. My jaw slackened, the poncho falling out of my mouth. I leaned my head back, closing my eyes once more. The pounding was louder, seemingly blocking out everything else.

A sudden, fresh jolt of pain snapped me back to the present as the Jedi wrapped my leg into a tourniquet, the slight movements sending fresh pangs through my body. I tried to swallow, finding it unsettlingly difficult to even wince in pain. I was just tired, I just wanted to sleep...

He spoke, asking me my name, where I was from.

With a groan, I fought back the blackness, my brow furrowing as I tried to remember.

"S... Sylvi" I managed in a hoarse, weak murmur, "My name is... Sylvi. I'm.... from the..."

He turned from me, seeming in conflict for a moment before taking out his lightsaber and jamming it into the wreckage to make an opening.

"Blue..." I whimpered, shifting slightly with a groan, "suits... you..."

By now, I'd entirely forgotten that I wasn't meant to know of him. I wasn't meant to know what color would or wouldn't suit him. I just had to try and stay... awake...

[member="Kale Seleare"]

She spoke her name. Something with an S. I wasn't focusing on her. Instead I was trying to keep my mind on the saber in hand. Not wanting to break the entire ship down, just cut a hole big enough for us to duck through or get out. I watched as I pierced into the metal. Glowing bright red and white hot with the plasma melting it down to little more than metal slag. The humming intensified even as I cut deeply into it. Slowly going down the length to the ground. However, what plucked me from my focus, was a set of words she spoke.

"Blue.... suits... you."

Forcing it out through groans of pain and fear. I could almost feel it from her. Yet the words were genuine. The shock was likely getting to her a bit. Thinking I was some savior with a brilliant blue light around him. To be clear, she was right. Blue was apparently my color. The crystals within the weapon manifested color in the blade according to my Personality, Aura, or Presence within the force. She was pretty much summing up what the crystal did with three words. Blue was my color according to the force.

"Yes, it is."

I answered her now. It's when all she had said, her name came into focus even as I cut clean and precise with my blade. Sylvi. It was unique and clearly of a dialect. The name seemed familiar to me somehow. Almost like I should know where it came from, but I was unsure at the moment. Either way, I pushed it back to the depths of my mind as I brought the saber to the starting hole. Cutting all the way through, I knew the makeshift door was going to be hot. I wish I could control the force like my Mentor did. Simply pushing it away without a second thought. Instead, I had to improvise.

Shutting off the saber, I used the butt of the saber, slamming like a hammer around the edges of the red hot metal. Breaking it free and letting it drop to the ground outside. I could hear the sand outside cooking into glass from the hot metal. Burning into the ground. The blue blade then shut off with a backwards hiss and a sharp cut off. Familiar of the hundreds of times I have turned on and off my saber. Replacing it back to my side, I walked over to Sylvi. Moving to her good leg, I knelt down to her side. Bringing up her good leg over the top of my own, and then reached down to her back just below the base of her neck. Moving her closer to me so I could pick her up.

"The shifting will hurt. I just need you to power through the pain. Alright? If you need anything, The name is Kale."

Before she could respond, I moved my arm under her injured leg, and lifted. Carrying her as a gentleman would do when he just got married to some girl in a holoflick. Lifting her up, I eased her higher into my chest so she wouldn't shift. Breathing in and out, I could already feel her mostly limp body weighting heavily in my arms. While I doubted she was "heavy" or "thicc" by any standards, every person you came across could be considered heavy when you are having to carry their entire weight with just your arms.

"Alright. I am going to set you on my bike. I want both of your legs on one side. Having you straddle the seat may pull on the bandages and your leg. Which will hurt more. After that, just hold onto me as tight as you can okay?"

Even as I spoke, I easily walked towards the door. Yet, I started to hear a creaking. The ship was shifting in the sand. The lack of structure on this side meant it was moving. I didn't want it to do that. Quickly I started to move through the door, but I was too hasty. My upper arm and a portion of my right shoulder scuffed against the side. Still well over a couple hundred degrees in temperature, it burned me badly.

Oh the temptation to just drop her to the ground so I could nurse my own wound. Yet, I didn't. While my grip had lessened considerably, almost feeling like I would drop her, I limited my pain to just a howl and wincing.

"GRAHHHH! Huh. Jeu- Oh my.... Goddamn that hurts."

Legitimately fighting back tears as I closed the distance to my bike. Leaning down so I could have her prop her good leg on the ground, while I helped her sit down onto the back portion of the seat. Even with keeping my hands still on her to steady her, I changed my mind.

"No. This won't work. Change of plan."

She might not like it, but I needed her to move without me explaining. Grabbing a hold of her hips, slightly lower than the belt, I could feel her hip bones in my hand as I picked her up again and shifted her into the front portion of the seat. I then vaulted my leg over and pushed myself up against her. Having her wrap her arms around my neck and shove her face into my chest. Taking the poncho right quick, and laying it over her face to not get dust and prevent her hair from flying into mine.

I threw my bandanna up, and shifted the goggles back onto my face before throwing the engine into gear.

"Hold on. Come one. Keep talking to me!"

I twisted hard on the throttle. If there wasn't a damn limit to its rotation to push faster and higher in speed, I would have rotated the entire handle around itself.

[member="Sylvi"],

Sylvi

S
He cut a doorway in the ship, the saber making short work of the surrounding hot metal.

The man approached me once more, weapon sheathed and returned to his side. His words were soft, gentle and caring. No matter what I thought of the Jedi... they had compassion, true compassion, sometimes. I hadn't realized until now what that actually was directed towards me, what that felt like. I knew I couldn't stay here, and I knew that moving was going to be agonizing. Yet, having him there to warn me, having him simply understand that it was going to be difficult... that helped.

Kale

Blackness clouded my mind, a hazy, fuzzy pull towards the endless nothing. My vision blurred, my eyelids felt heavy. Kale. The name... rang a bell. Maybe I'd heard it before, back on Weik. Maybe I was just delusional and mixing up my memories. Maybe I was just confused.

I leaned against him as he slid his arms around me. My fingers, now cold and stiff, clawed somewhat pathetically at his chest, in a vain attempt to hold onto him. I'd been badly injured before, my upbringing was a violent one, after all, but only once had I needed to be carried to safety. That day, all those years ago, I'd been ambushed by another girl. She hit me in the back of the head, hard. I had to be carried away to the healers because I couldn't walk. Even now, I had a blindspot on my left side from the ordeal. That day had been the last time I'd been in a position like this. That day... the other girl had ended up dead.

A loud wince was my response to him as he gently lifted me from where I lay. A fresh wave of pain took me, shaking my shoulders, leaving hoarse wheezing in its wake. Searing agony lancing through me with each step as the Jedi carried me towards the opening. I gasped and winced, fighting through the pain.

Suddenly a loud cry pulled me from my thoughts, Kale's hands tightening around my form. He'd scraped his shoulder on the doorway, the smell of burning fabric and flesh filling my nostrils. The sharp scent helped to keep me more grounded in consciousness. Instinctively I wanted to pull on my magic, to raise my hands to his shoulder and send power into the wound to heal it. But of course, even if I had the strength to raise my arms, whatever magic that remained in me right now I needed to just stay alive.

We reached the bike.

At first he placed me down on the back, but changed his mind. I was weak and confused, disoriented and woozy. As he reconsidered, moving me slightly, I focused instead on the pain, the shock, the nausea. Now that I had been moved, as uncomfortable as it was, I felt alive. I could still fight. Finally, he straddled the bike behind me, covering me with the poncho and preparing to kick off. I was grateful, for I wouldn't be able to protect myself from the sand right now.

Leaning in as close to him as I could, I squeezed my eyes shut, clinging to him as best I could and keeping my face buried in his chest. Unlike my dozens of tiny hearts, he had just one, and for now, it was the drum beat that kept me grounded, alive, awake, as he sped us hopefully towards rescue.

[member="Kale Seleare"]

I threw the bike into gear. Rushing fuel into the engine, the roaring kept rising higher and higher. Pitching to a whine. A quick pop into the next gear made the whine suddenly drop in pitch and rise even higher. Doing so another three times to get into fifth gear. Going nearly 200 Kilometers per hour. I had to keep my mouth tightly shut to prevent the wind from pushing the bandanna into my mouth. Barely able to breath through the damn thing. But... I would suffer a minor problem to rush this girl to the hospital. Hell, even if it was a Veterinarian, it was better than nothing.

I don't even know if she was trying to talk, but I wouldn't hear her with all of this wind in my face and blowing past my ears. I could feel my heart pounding within my chest. Every beat was smacking my ribs harder and harder. Almost threatening to burst between them. I knew that she would be able to hear it. But... would she think i was fearing, or just the natural body reaction to adrenaline? Because right now, both were real. I feared for her life, and Adrenaline was running through my veins due to the injury I had. Trying to reduce the pain to my mind and fight through it.

"They are.... for you."
"Repeat, Repeat."
"They.... ready for..."
"Copy that. About a click out."
"Rep-... Repeat."
"One Click out."
"Ten-Four."

Trying to keep communication between us with me moving so fast, I wasn't sure if it was just the signal was bad because of the speed, or due to the wind. Either way, it finally got across when I could see the city line. Even as I was zooming through the landscape, I started to pull back on the throttle so I wouldn't suddenly crash because someone cut in front of me without thinking. Chit what should I do? Oh I know!

As I drew closer, I waited until they could clearly hear me. Pressing my thumb down hard on the button, The horn of the vehicle blared out so loudly. I thought I might lose my mind. It took a moment for the sound to travel to them, but they understood, I was racing through, and they needed to be out of the way. Now. I slowed down dramatically. Coming to barely 60 kilometers per hour. Ducking my head down into my chest, I almost had to yell for me to get my words across.

"Hold your leg with one hand. We will be shifting a bit!"

Propping my own leg underneath her own, my knee just under the bend of her injured leg, I veered right to avoid a little street shop, and a person who thought they were out of the way. Barely missing them by inches. I veered to the left hard. Coming around a bend. Pressing on the brakes a bit to slow down, I skid the rear end around in a drift around a corner to keep my momentum. The back moving wide and barely missing the wall of the turn by mere inches.

I threw the throttle down again to close the gap to the medical offices. Letting its speed die down from the distance, and then bringing the breaks slowly down to come to a softer stop than earlier.

I yelled at the doors of the place where two people dressed in what looked to be smocks were standing.

"Hey! She is on deaths door! Get your ass here!"

Wide eyed, One rushed over and grabbed the back of her shoulders. Holding her still so I could stand back.

"I got this. Let me carry her."

He started to argue but I shot him a look that shut him up quick. Sliding my arm under her upper thigh, and another at the back of her shoulders. Lifing her off of the bike, I walked towards the opening of the doors. A stretcher was being rolled out towards us. As they came to a stop, I almost jogged to it and sat her down on it. I had a couple hands aid me in resting her back down onto it where upon I ran along side them down to whatever room it may be in.

"Son, you got burned?"
"She is on deaths door. The burn can be dealt with later."
"We got her. Let the others work on you."
"She is bleeding out from her thigh. I removed the shrapnel, dressed it up and threw a tourniquet on. Its deep. Nearly to the bone."
"She is in shock Doctor. Her eyes are barely dilating."
"Get a cool rag or something on her forehead she is getting hot fast."
"Kid, we got this. Go see that-"
"Call me Son, or kid again, and I will send you through the roof. She needs attention now. Stop worrying about me!"

I could feel my anger swelling up at this doctor for wanting to push me out of the way and worry about a wound that meant nothing to me. Hell, I have had a saber in my gut before. I think I can take a small burn. It was when a Security guard at one of the doors grabbed my shoulder and held me at that door way into the surgery room. Finally stopping to let the nurses and doctors take her away somewhere, the guy grabbed my arm accidentally on the wound.

"Graaah! Thats the goddamn burn!"
"Hey! Relax!"
"YOU ARE GRABBING MY BURNED ARM!"
"Oh."

That was all he said? Oh? While he did let go of my arm, I looked at it finally to see that it was infact, pretty bad. A small couple black marks and blisters were already forming over my shoulder and arm. I suddenly felt light headed when the Nurse came over. Gently leading me to another nearby room. Sitting me down as she began to get ready to work on my arm.

"Don't worry. She is in good hands."

[member="Sylvi"],

Sylvi

S
The ride back to... wherever we were going... was all a blur.

I remember only clinging as tightly as my exhausted body could manage to Kale, feeling the wind whipping violently around us, as if it were trying to tear the protective fabric from over me and fling me from the bike altogether. At one point, the sudden, ear-piercing bellow of the horn assaulted my ears, but I dare not try to lift my hands to cover my ears against it. We'd slowed down some, and I heard the Jedi tell me to hold my leg. I did so as best I could, unwrapping one arm from around him to clutch at the injury.

Eventually, we came to a stop, and then the chaos started.

People fussed about, bringing out a stretcher or something, ready to move me onto it. I groaned, wanting to tell them to stop, to be gentle. I wanted to express the pain, to ask everyone to calm down and go slow, but by now I was so confused, Everything was fuzzy. I could only pick out small details here and there, everything else fading into the background.

All the while, Kale stayed there, by my side. In fact, her was almost aggressively protective of me, insisting on carrying me to the stretcher, and hovering over me like I'd simply fade away if he left. Soon enough I was laying back, staring up at a ceiling that rushed past me as the chaos continued around me. I tried to lift a hand to Kale, to rest it on his arm or hip or anything I could reach. I knew whatever magic I had left would barely do anything, but speaking was too much right now, so this was my only way to communicate to him.

If I managed to snag him with my weak flailing, I'd send the tiniest mote of healing energy into him, just enough that as a Jedi, he should know what it was.

Go get yourself healed, I was trying to say, You've done enough.

It must have worked, or maybe someone yanked him away, I wasn't sure. But soon, I was taken into a room without him. Lights flashed over my eyes, a slight prick in my arm as machines were hooked up to me. I swallowed, finally letting the encroaching blackness take over. It was okay, now. They had me. I was just so tired, I just needed to rest my eyes for a bit...

[member="Kale Seleare"]

After being sat down, I saw a couple other nurses or doctors run past the door. Starting to get up as the nurse in the room was putting on gloves, She reached over and placed a hand on my chest to push me back into my seat. Starting to speak something, she shook her head at me.

"You Jedi and your unwavering desire to protect everyone."
"Like that is a bad thing when she is about to die."
"And what if you get in the way?"
"I have medical training."
"Field based sure. Not surgery to make sure her muscles are going to heal back together."
"I just-"
"Jedi, just stay. Let me deal with your wound, then I will walk you to her room when she is out. Deal?"
"Fine."

I don't know why I was acting so protective over her. Just because I had saved her and was now invested into making sure she stayed alive? Looking out the door as though I would book it out of the room, the nurse continued to chuckle at me when she got a couple shots ready as well as other stuff for my arm.

"Do you think you can remove the shirt? I need to make sure nothing is in the burn site."
"I uh... sure?"

Laying the poncho on the seat next to me, I reached down and started to grab my shirt. Pulling it off about half way before I could feel a searing pain in my arm. Wincing a bit and hissing. The nurse took a moment to help me remove my shirt. By her wide eyed expression, seeing the couple wounds I had, including a rather large on on my left hip, just above the bone, she wanted to marvel at how many scars I had. All due to training or getting into fights.

"Either you need to learn how to use a saber, or you are just extremely injury prone."
"Injury prone."
"Indeed. I will say though, for your age, you are quite in shape."
"Um... thanks?"
"Hey, when you see a kid your age walking in with injuries, typically they don't have enough muscle mass to make Superhero's in holoflicks look like a chump."

It hit me rather hard with what she said. It was true. Looking down at myself, I looked rather muscular and chiseled in the chest and abs. Even my arms were much larger than when I had joined the Jedi. I had a nervous chuckle leave my lips and I could feel my face getting hotter than the sun.

"Sorry, I just uh... normally I don't take clothes off."
"Don't worry um...."
"Oh! Kale."
"Kale, Don't worry Kale. I have seen fit people, and extreme cases. Just don't get your hopes up."
"Oh no. I didn't think... I mean..."
"Relax. I am just teasing you. Calm your breathing for me. I need to get these meds in your system to reduce the swelling and to prevent inflammation."
"Okay. Sorry."

Her head shook as she was measuring out what she needed. Closing my eyes, I focused upon the force like I had been told many times before. Attempting to feel anything from Sylvi in the other room. Once more, I couldn't feel anything other than the breath of the air conditioning in the room. I felt a couple pinches in my arm as i was slowly falling into a meditation state. Nothing seemed to happen for a couple minutes. Even as I could feel the gentle touching and probing from the nurse on my arm. Testing the skin or placing bandages on my arm. For a moment I was just there. In the emptiness in space as I was calming myself.

"Kale?"

I heard the nurses voice. Barely breaking through the echo, but I stayed within this calmed state. Making sure I didn't do anything. However, I heard her speak out again.

"Kale? I need you to stop, Please?"

I could feel nervousness in her voice. Opening my eyes, I saw for a split moment that the tools in the room, the chair in the corner, the poncho and even my body were all floating. In that break of my thoughts, Everything fell to the ground. Clanging or I groaning with landing on my tailbone. Realizing what I had done, I looked to the nurse in shock.

"I... I am so sorry. I didn't mean to. I have never done that before. Please forg-"
"That was amazing! How did you do that?"
"I uh.... I don't know..."

Looking down at my hands, I just saw the natural folds in the skin slightly wet with sweat. Then to my arm as it was all bandaged up.

[member="Sylvi"],

Sylvi

S
Normally, when you fall unconscious from blood loss or anesthetics, you don't dream. Rather, you simply slip from the final moment before to the first one upon waking.

It's... a little different for a witch.

I felt myself hovering, suspended from everything in a blackness. It wasn't cold, nor hot. It was devoid of any sensation at all, in fact. There was no breath, there were no heartbeats. No blood pounded in my ears and no ragged gasps took my chest. I felt nothing. It was... calm, peaceful almost. This was a state I had been in a few times, when my family had taken to particularly harsh lessons. I would slip into a deep sleep, and come to this empty place. Here, I could step away from it all... I could just be. I could flick through memories if I chose, or simply be at one with my magic.

Kale

There was a distinct echo about my nothing, the energy of the Jedi. At first, I retreated from it, floating away from the energy with a pang of guilt. He had been so fiercely protective of me, even severely injuring himself to make sure I got help. How would he react if ever he found out I'd done it to myself? There was no hiding in this nothing, no lies, if he truly was in here, he could find out.

I relaxed a little, with what might have been a sigh if I were still in the body that breathed. Well, I was still there, too, but up here that all seemed so far away and insignificant. Instead, I focused on the Jedi's energy. It was calm, focused, empty, typical of the training I understood they received. I felt drawn to it, like a beacon in this infinite expanse of black.

A part of me wanted to go to it, to leave where I was and sail through the void to see what he was doing. But although I had been in this state a few times... I'd never strayed far from my body. Even witches have fears, and one of mine was the creatures that lurk here, waiting to pounce on what was right now so vulnerable and weak. So instead of going to him, I stayed, resisting the temptation to follow that glowing blue beacon.

There was a stirring beneath me.

Well, "beneath" didn't have meaning here. It as all relative. In my mind the nothing is above where my body lies, hovering over it, so as they worked on me, I felt the disturbance below. As I felt it, the void began to recede. Without breath, it would be difficult to describe the sensation of preparation. But that's what I did, centering and receding into myself as the blackness folded up like a piece of paper. As it did, and my thoughts once more became fuzzy and clouded, I caught myself hoping that Kale wouldn't be far away. He made me feel safe, and when I went back the fear was going to return. This calm, silent reality collapsed as the faint sounds of life returned.

I was waking up.

[member="Kale Seleare"]

A couple hours later....

Surgery was finally done. It had been about an hour and a half before I could see her in her room. She laid there with just their little hospital gowns. Underneath a blanket with an IV stuck in her arm. Sitting in the chair, I made sure I was back a couple feet from her. Of course there would be nurses moving in and out of the room to check on her condition. Just leaning over in the chair. Hands pressed together holding my head up with elbows upon my knees. Bouncing in nervousness. The heat in my own burn wound was removed almost completely, but the bandages were still there. I myself was strapped up to an IV just in case they had to put something in me.

However, even against their own recommendations, I came to her room. Staying and watching. Her motionless form barely breathing. Shallow breaths for what seemed forever. Dipping my head, I kept it low. Hoping that all I had done was good enough to keep her alive. The adrenaline had long since worn off. My body no longer shaking from the dump. My body fighting bouts of fatigue. I could feel my eyes dropping and their heavy lids shut close as I sat there. Feeling myself drift off.

Staying by her side. Waiting. Hoping. But why? She was just some girl who I happened to save. Why was I pushing so hard to stay here by her side. I should be leaving to go back to my job. I should be... but something kept me here. Every gut feeling told me to stay.

And so I did.

Even if I was drifting off to sleep within a chair, in a strangers room.

[member="Sylvi"],

Sylvi

S
Consciousness came slowly.

The first thing to come back was sound; the gentle, consistent beeping and humming of machines, the soft, hurried footfalls of nurses and the clack-clack of droids. I focused on the sound, drifting closer and closer to it. Soon, it as accompanied by smell; the sharp, sterile smell of disinfectants, the fresh smell of artificially cooled air. Eventually, I became aware of more; I was laying down, in a bed, a blanket over me. Finally, my eyes fluttered open.

At first, I could only make out bleary shapes, but blinking a few times, the room finally came into focus.

Then the pain came.

My upper thigh throbbed terribly, each aching wave seeming to sap what little strength my muscles had regained. My head pounded, my throat dry and parched every time I tried to swallow. With a groan I lifted a hand to my head, the IV stinging as I shifted. But as much as the pain was uncomfortable, it meant that I was undeniably alive.

Kale

My thoughts turned to him, to the Jedi that had plucked me from the wreckage of my own creation, sacrificed his own shoulder to what would probably be an ugly scar, to bring me back here. A soft smile curled to my lips at that thought. My own shoulder sported such a scar on one side, as if it had been torn up by a massive hound. In a way, I supposed the Jedi and I matched now.

Fighting to lift my head, I looked around to see said Jedi sitting in a chair not far away, barely able to keep his eyes open.

"Your kind... are gluttons for... martyrdom." I croaked weakly, "you... should... be resting."

But gods, am I glad you're here.

[member="Kale Seleare"]

My head bobbing up and down. Trying to stay awake despite my lack of sleep. I could hear shifting and movement, but didn't look up. Likely one of the nurses. Checking on the vitals once more. But the voice, raspy and barely there. Her voice damaged and broken, but still there. Speaking up, My head snapped up at her first words. Starting to stand up to walk to her, I felt a wave of nausea hit me. Standing up way to fast, I still worked my way over to her as she was being truthful. We were a glutton for punishment. Holding the side of my head with my left hand, I stood next to her bed with the IV still attached to me. Right hand pulling it along side me.

"I will be fine. I can rest when you are better."

What the hell was I saying? I knew nothing of her other than her name! She was pretty much a complete stranger to me, but I took her life to heart. We were taught as Jedi to respect all life in any form. So we protected it as much as we could. I forced a reason that I was just making sure she was safe.

"Sorry I just..."

I closed my eyes. Breathing in deeply and releasing it slowly before continuing.

"To be honest, I was worried I didn't do enough. I wanted to make sure you would be okay in the end."

Slowly, I knelt down at the bed so then she wouldn't have to crane her neck up at me. With my taller height and her being in a lower position of the bed, I wanted to make sure she was comfortable.

"So uh... Are you okay?"

[member="Sylvi"],

Sylvi

S
I was too weak to protest as Kale stood from his seat, pausing as he suddenly went pale. My lips pursed like a disapproving mother watching a child run around and hurt himself. He was stubborn. All Jedi were stubborn, I shouldn't have been surprised. Still, his stubbornness was likely the reason my own ambition hadn't killed me. So, I was grateful. The man approached my bed, a hand to his head. As he reached me, I gently lifted my own hand, resting it on his forearm.

"You'd better." I responded, managing a smile.

Kale seemed to get a little uncomfortable, maybe at his own zeal. It would very likely lead to his own undoing unless he learned to temper it. My own breaths caught in my throat for a moment and I shifted how I lay in the bed a little. Now that my life no longer hung in the balance, I felt more myself. The amount of attention he paid to me, the way he seemed to be wholly concerned for my safety and comfort... it made me uncomfortable. It was unusual to be shown this sort of attention. I'm a Lucite; I live for suffering. Care and comfort are not for people like me.

I hoped he was too weak to sense any of my inner conflict, gods above I was too weak to hide them right now.

"You did plenty. I just need rest, I'll be fine." I answered him. Again, I felt that discomfort rising to the surface. It was icky. I needed to change the subject. "Hey, wanna see something cool?"

I lifted my hand from his forearm and pointed to where normally there'd be a heart monitor. Except, on this screen, instead of a single line, there were dozens on four different portions of the screen. They all beat much faster than a standard heart, as if the monitor was hooked up to and displaying data for dozens of patients. I felt a genuine smile crawl onto my lips. Not often I got to see something like that.

"All the hearts I've stolen." I joked, chuckling until a wince of pain made me stop. "Really though, I'm Atoan. Dozens of little pumps instead of one big one, means my system's really efficient. Heh, I wonder how long before the poor doctors figured that out. I would have said something if I could. Must have been a shock the first time they tried to get a pulse."

[member="Kale Seleare"]

Breaking contact with her, I just... I wanted to continue to help this woman. Even if it was all done. Every part of the "country born boy," wanted to take care of her, make sure she was good and safe. However, the Jedi within me told me that my job was done and there was nothing else i needed to do. Nothing more I could do. Other than wish her luck. Instead, I decided to compromised. Just staying her in case she needed me, but not be so... aggressive in my willingness to help her.

She then pointed out that she had multiple hearts. It was interesting. A species of people who were able to have hearts all over their body pumping blood. It then hit me. If she had a bunch of hearts, then all of them were pumping extremely fast and that is why she was loosing blood so quickly. Likely a downside to having a superior physique and stamina. I understood that much from simple biology. I then smiled and shook my head at her last comment.

"They find a pulse from your veins. Not your heart or hearts directly. Though, I bet trying to find where they all were was a hassle."

Looking about the room for a moment, I saw a glass of water that was still on the bedside table. I indicated it with my hand and offered it to her. Considering she had been hours without food or drink, it was likely her mouth may have been dry or thirsty.

"Here, take a couple sips. Staying hydrated will help keep the meds they pumped you full of to work correctly. And uh, is there anything else you'd like me to do?"

[member="Sylvi"],

Sylvi

S
It was nice.

It was... it was honestly nice having someone around when I woke up. I'd awoken to pain before, coming around after a healing session from a particularly enlightening day. But, I had always waken up alone. It wasn't that I didn't like it; solitude is how I heal, after all. It's my time for contemplation and planning, to be at one with myself. But as pleasant as the solitude is... I couldn't deny that having someone nearby, someone to talk to, to distract me from the pain, it was nice.

I was going to miss this.

He spoke, correcting my assumption but not acknowledging the quip.

"It's not the first time I've given a medical professional an unintentional shock with it. I'm glad you found me when you did, though. Unfortunately a more efficient system also means..."

I trailed off, no, didn't want to think about that.

He offered me a little water, and as he mentioned it, I realized that he was right, my throat was dry and my head was pounding. Gratefully, I reached out and accepted the cup, taking a few small sips.

"Thank you, Kale." I answered after a few moments.

What I was about to say made me pause.

We were at a crossroads; one I was sure Kale was not aware of. I could dismiss him. I could thank him graciously for his help and let him return to whatever he was here for. I could abandon my mission here, turn my back on my original plan, and release him from the fate I had picked out for him. To my own surprise, that was what I wanted. He didn't deserve what was coming.

"Actually... Would you mind if I... stayed with you for a bit?" I asked with a soft sigh, reaching out to rest a soft hand on his forearm. The physical touch would accentuate my vulnerability, femininity, hopefully excite that noble instinct to protect that all Jedi seemed to share. "You know, in case I end up in trouble again?"

[member="Kale Seleare"]

Giving me thanks, and taking a couple sips from the water, it took a moment for the question I had posed to be answered. Her mind deep in thought. I could see it upon her face as well. She was fighting thoughts of whatever was going on. Not that I could help with those. We were different people, from a different place. Strangers in this larger than life galaxy. Her hand reached out and grabbed my forearm. Looking down at her hand, I was just slightly confused. Why did she so easily pull away from me earlier, and now was wanting me to stay? Was it the drugs? Was it something I did? I didn't ponder it long as I simply nodded my head.

"I don't think there will be any trouble, but I can stay."

I looked over to the side where the chair I had been sitting in was still on the other side of the room. Leaving her grasp for the moment, I grabbed the chair and then brought it to be beside her. Sitting down into the chair instead of being crouched or on my knees.

"Do you uh... mind if I ask how you crashed?"

[member="Sylvi"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom