Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The pitch of a lifetime.

This was no small matter. Today I was meeting with a few of the minds of the Army of Light. Today we would be descussing about a ship that could very well turn the tides of our war agains the Sith. We have very few numbers. It seemed like we only had a margin of 10 to 1 figures. Even then we might be getting the wrong numbers. Sitting in the Conference room that hung over the giant workshop with people working on parst of ships and weapons. All I knew was that I had to pitch the idea of a lifetime to the men and women of the Army and Navy. Even though some of them had seen my wings before, I wore my book bag over my wings to protect them from the sparsk flying and tolls that could damage my wings.

With a stack of folders sitting at the end of the table, and my thoughts and heart racing faster than what my wings could ever beat. Standing in the room. Slight muffeled sounds of workers completing their tasks, and my breathing. I wondered why I was nervous. I was a trained killer, born with wings and the abilties to break necks with one hand. yet I was slightly scared on how people will judge me and my idea. I was a man of vision and imagnation. I had thoughts in my mind that would blow others away.

I only hoped that the people would see what I had in store for them.

First thing Aditya heard about 'The Pitch' was about the person who made it. Having been unable to give him his hug in the preceding days, Aditya looked forward to meeting the winged Epicanthix. Would he, being a member of her and @[member="Kei Amadis"]' race be another understanding sort? It could be, as she hoped that there would be a camaraderie rapid to the three of them. Even so, Aditya came skipping in, nearly missed the door, stuck her head in, "Is this the meety thingy for the shippy stuff?" Shook said head and walked out.

Then back in. "Yes it is! Hello! Hi! How are you? I didn't get a chance to hug you at the party, but it's good to see you." Aditya threw down her Atrisian-made bag in a spare seat and hopped over to @[member="Dove"]. With no reason to lie and no falsehood in her, Aditya honestly did seem the sort of person who was excited and glad at the people she got to meet, however they responded. Just another lesson in life, her Dad used to say, before punching her upside the head and throwing his dear daughter into another match with him. Any daughter of his would learn how to use those Left Hooks. Even if Mommy made her a dancer. She offered her arms out, a bright grin on her face. "I'm Mrs. Aditya Amadis, Engineer. Sounds like you've got quite the awesomeness planned. I can't wait to hear it!"

With Aditya there, could Kei be far behind? Whether she got her hug, or suffered the pout of the century, Aditya would move to glance at the folders. "May I? May I see, please?"

As a woman popped her head in and asked in what seemed the voice of a 15 year old girl that clearly had to much to drink. About "shippy stuff" and I shook my head with wonder as she left. Then she popped back in and said that it is. I could only watch as she let a bag fall down into a seat that was at the table. Even from the back of the room I could tell that it was one of the Atrisians. Something was up with her and she may be a Co-worker of mine. Looks like people moved everywhere. I didn't know if she was part of the IIB, but I was, and part of my job was to keep my identity of the Empire a secret. Though with her around, I might have to work harder at that.

Walking up to me she greeted me in a way that I had not see before from a grown adult. She may have been trying to hug me and seeing as she acted so much younger than her age. I walked forwards and gave her a hug. I had my reasons for going kind of against what I was known for. People generally left me alone because already most of my known life, I had spent alone. Still I opted to give her one. Walking after her as she moved on to the files, She seemed to have a never ending sentence come from her. Talking more and more, and even just as I was about to tell her my name, She spoke again. SO I decided to do the same.

"The name is Dove, Winged Epicanthix, I hope to surprise you with my ideas, and yes you may look at them." Quickly I picked up one myself and looked at the design art that had been done. a few details on the items needed such as weapons, sensors, navicomputers, seats, guns, medical supplies, and even a coffee maker was in that list somewhere. Still The plans that I had for this ship would be out of this world, maybe thought of, but never done before. After hearing her name, I knew that Kei, her husband, was close behind her. Seeing as he was leading part of this new group of people, I could understand and accept that he might be late. Still I had a high regard for him as he was an Epicanthix like me, Though Aditya looked alittle on the small side to be one.
@[member="Aditya Amadis"] @[member="Kei Amadis"]

@[member="Dove"] @[member="Aditya Amadis"]

All business today. Black and white fatigues on, unity his lightsaber at his hip along his utility belt. Busy with a hundred reports in his hands, Kei rubbed the bridge of his nose, passing datapads to people as he walked. He hadn't wanted the paperwork, or the bureaucracy but that came with the job to an extent, along with the headache. So much to organise and this was just the beginning.

Walking through the crowds of people milling about the hidden bunker's engineering section, he got a nod from them as he passed. People were beginning to look to him and the other's to lead, he better step up and do it. Taking a nip of his silver flask, strong herbal tea, he clipped the flask to the back of his belt.

Shutting the door on all of that, and sealing the hatch, peace but still work, always having the war to fight. Kei clapped his hands together, giving his wife a strong hug and a pat on her arm, he moved to the other side of the table, a strong grin for Dove. It took strength to do this, outside of the usual channels, as they were, strength and some clever thinking.

"What do we have?" A sense of a Jedi's calm washed over him, you could see it in his aura, holding there. Kei settling into the view of the schematics, he used the force to guide him in where it was important to focus, pinpoint sniper's focus. Jedi didn't need to be ridged blocks of stone, they had hearts. He felt a kinship for those outside, those here, they were building something great, something for the future, that was what lifted his spirits.

Looking over the designs, they looked solid but the few engineers working around him from Arion knew more than he did. "What are your plans for this one?" Always the practical point of view, to him a ship was only worth as much as it could get done, a tool to accomplish something. Kei rubbed the stubble on his jawline. It looked like a solid design, but it was going to need some resources to get it up into space, "any way we can reduce the cost?" Cost to him was a big issue, maybe they could source the work out somehow, pay it off in stages. It was a big ship, "and can we build this thing in stages?" Kei wasn't an engineer so he didn't have the answers, just the questions.

@[member="Kei Amadis"], @[member="Dove"], @[member="Aditya Amadis"]

I had been a long week .. .. .. of drinking, spice dens and death sticks, and if there was anything else, he can't remember it. His head pumped to the point of insanity, mouth tasted like the sewers on Coruscant, and his body ached like he had been trampled by a pack of stampeding Banthas. With a shaking hand he raised the mug of tepid Caf to his lips and took a mouth full. And sighed with relief. The other hand reached to his pocket on his shirt and removed the last of his death sticks. He lit it and took in a long deep inhale and held it in his lungs, then with a sense of life coming back to his body, he released the toxic green smoke slowly in the air. He looked around to see a couple of empty bottles of whiskey on the floor and an odd piece of clothing. He reached for it and pick it up with the tips of his fingers and held it high to eye level, A piece of women's underware, I don't remember that.

His head turned shapely around half expecting to see a body in his bed, he sighed again with relief that his bed was empty. He tossed the clothing in the corner and stood up, his head swimming with the sudden movement so he took another drag on the stick. That's better. He wrinkled his noise, something smelt horrible, then raising his arm and smelling his arm pit, he took her head away sharply and screwed up this face in disgust. Taking his clothes off and letting them fall where they may, he hit the shower.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Time for a change, the Army of Light sounded like an interesting place to be and although he is not much of a lightsider, he does find the injustices of the galaxy abhorrent. He finally arrived to the meeting place. Talks of ship development and plans to be on the agenda and he was here to meet the members of the Light and help as best he could with this project. Making his way to the conference room, finally, he entered to see some beings already in attendance. Not really know anyone, he decided to introduce himself none the less.

"Greetings .. I believe I am in the right place?, Flynn Blackheart is my name, the newest member". He said trying his best to smile .. but oh the pain of the effort.

I nodded my head to Kei as he walked in. Giving his wife a hug then a smile for me. He started to ask real questions that would be needed for this project. Even before he said it, I knew we would be tight on credits and resources. And that's where my plan came in. As I was about to answer him another man walked in, Saying that he was the newest member. Nodding my head I motioned him to come in. "Doesn't matter if you are new to us or not, we can take all the help we can get, Come inside and grab a file. Another mind to see my vision won't hurt." Even though I was not the one to say exactly that, but seeing as how we needed all the people we could get, It was easier to just say it now.

Now I focused back to Kei and his questions. "In the files are schematics of the ship that I intend to create for a Flagship that could very well possibly turn the tides of war. The finished product overall however, will cost almost double than what we have currently. So to answer your other questions at once, Yes, this will be built in stages. It may cost alot for the plans that I have, but with the use of Durasteel for most of the body and frame, It will last longer than the few skirmishes and battles that we may have. I intend for this ship to last longer than any other."

Turning around I walked over to the holoprojector. Turning it on, a 3D model of the ship that I had was shown. "First of all, this ship will not be like others it size." The current ship that was shown had the large rockets and "arms" hanging out to the side. The front arms were lower in elevation of the ship to allow clearance. The hind legs of the ship were up higher than the front ones and with that most of the ship was visible on the sides Showing different hangars where smaller ships could enter and leave. "I have a vision that a ship this large, can land." Pressing a few buttons the ships engines moved with precise accuracy. Turning a complete 90 degree angle the ship's landing gears fell from the back of the rockets to touch the grid plain in the program.

"With technology like this, we can go places where no other ship can. It will allow for troops to be directly deployed, or to refuel with out using shuttles that are a waste of space. Currently with this idea, It would create the largest square metered ship with the ability to land. Even if we were to only build half of it, it would still be the largest landing ship. I know that this may be too hard to take it all in at once, but think of the future. If the Sith and other Dark siders constantly are improving their ships to meet the standard, I will create a ship that is lightyears ahead of their time."

Walking back to the table I placed my hands down and let my head hang slightly. "All I would like from you, is your ideas, and thoughts on this. I know that one mind can imagine, two minds can believe, and three minds can create. So give me everything you have."

@[member="Flynn Blackheart"], @[member="Kei Amadis"], @[member="Aditya Amadis"]

"Thank you very much!" Aditya flicked open the design schematics and threw them to a large holoviewer in the middle of the table. Her face held no change, containing the gleeful exhuberance she was beginning to build a reputation for. "Hmm. I see." Yanking off her gloves, Aditya moved the schematics pages aside into different parts of the holoprojectors wide area. Her finger knuckles were gnarled, nails broken and tinted with purple and black bruises from knuckles to nigh on her elbows. Defensive wounds, bacta patched and fading. Somewhere this bubbly woman had been in the fight for her life. Two of her fingers taped together, she continued to flick through until her husband came walking in.

Aditya swelled with pride. "Lookit you, Kei." She grinned sweetly, moving from side to side in the strong hug, leaning up to kiss his cheek, then straighten out his clothing. "I like this you. Can we keep this for a while? This right here? I wanna keep it."

The moment passed, Aditya went to work. "These engines, we can run them cleaner. The design is solid, but they're tuned to outbursts of power, and to clean ships from our wake and tail but it won't take more then tools and the understanding of a group of engineers and I can shift their output by 20%. That'll save. . hold on, let me run the calcs." The woman tapped her fingers together, running the calculations in her head. "About 2500 standard credits per lightyear, in energy costs we can put toward weapons and shielding, and an extra burn if we need it. . . I am however worried about what the propulsion drive will do when we enter into atmo. Can we get some data on what the drive's precipitates will spew into the basic editable planetary atmosphere types? It would be useless for us to call ourselves an Army of Light if we're releasing radiation and deadly smog into the atmosphere of some poor planet we're trying to liberate or save."

She tapped at the holo projector, bringing up a closer view of the engines. "What do you think, @[member="Dove"]? Oh!"

@[member="Flynn Blackheart"] entered on a wiff of his own past days and Aditya moved from the holoprojector to rush over to him and give Flynn a hug. "Hello! Welcome! Hi! Do you like engineering, too? I'm Aditya Amadis! That's my husband @[member="Kei Amadis"], Jedi Lord Commander Person Dude, and this is @[member="Dove"]! Dove has amazing ideas on a ship we can build to house us. Isn't that fantastic? A Flagship like no other. . . Dove, what's the research facilities going to be like on-board?

Xenobiological research pays well. As does medical research and research on building materials and force crystals. We have enough Force Users here to make a real go at some fantastic studying. That could help fund part of the ship, Husband. As well as medical care. If we had a mobile hospital, which I . . . I think I saw a modified gunship like that somewhere? Yes! On this one! We could offer free care to those in dire need, but if people could pay for it on a donationed basis it would help keep the medical supplies from banging us upside the head repeatedly. . . hey, is that a dodecahedral shield generator!?"

Kei gave the look of a solider seeing a new face, a grin for someone who might watch his back, keeping him from getting killed, but also a Jedi seeing someone for the first time, universal acceptance or that was how it should be, he smiled to the newcomer. @[member="Flynn Blackheart"] The smiles were easier for him, here he had a break from the hustle outside. He had his business face on, and more was enjoying it.

"Glad you're here friend, This is going to be a tough nut to crack." Not just this but all of it, something that'd be with them for the rest of their lives however it ended up. "Any pair of hands is another that will help."

He walked around the table a few times, chatting with a few of the tech guys, and answering some questions, "I've seen one land, the Black Suns ruined our day with one bigger than this, and it was cloaked, so it can be done." But land well? Without crushing half a city with the downwind, that was a different story. @[member="Dove"]

Nobody had an answer to the suns or mandalorian's flagship ship yet, so it was fitting the AoL got their act together to match it, to put them on a level with the best and biggest out there, even if it was done in parts from salvage or from just upgrading this. Raien had his own ideas for boarding transports, but this ship right here, this was plan A, the boarding craft were plan B.

Kei grinned to @[member="Aditya Amadis"] attaching a medical center was a great idea, "A medical ship block won't be as hard to produce, we would add a docking bay for it, so people can send aid or have injuries taken care of it." It might make them look like actual peacekeepers if they dropped aid and supplies off in their war effort, "that would start to turn the populations against their Sith Masters, make us seem like liberators to some of the worlds before we even start."

"It would have to be its own small ship, attaching to load the injured or supplies then undocking." Slowly but surely a plan was forming, happy to listen to @[member="Aditya Amadis"]'s thoughts on just how to make it function, Kei was no engineer, letting the techs respond to her, and offer their own opinions and the difficulties of landing a craft this big in the atmosphere of a planet. Other ships had that ability, but Kei knew of no way personally to do so without causing some downwind to hit the ground beneath it.

"Yeah they might pay us to find and cure galactic-wide diseases and conditions while we are there, nice plan" He walked around the table back to where he stood, there was energy to his step, more than usual, this was fun. Finding the connections, the points in the force to connect and build each part upon, that was how he looked at the force, and it was coming out in his approach to ship design.

@Kei Amadis, @Dove, @Aditya Amadis

Flynn just held out his arms away from the bubbly woman as she hugged him, he was not expecting it and as she spoked he became very glad he did not take advantage of the situation as he learned she is someone wife. That he would have usually done would have landed him in hot water. "Thankyou for the warm welcome", he smiled down at her face. He gave a nod of the head to the other chaps in the room, yes they are friendly and goodly people, Flynn realised he had made the correct decision in joining them.

He walked over to the desk and listened while they spoke of the plans and ideas, seems resources are low and this was going to be a long plan in the making, but patience is a virtue and they would need it, but the waiting would be worth the end result. "Can you tell me, where are your materials for the production of the ship coming from and do you have all that is required?", he asked as he looked over the schematics. Flynn is not an engineer, but has ways of getting things done, maybe they might be a little, "under the table", but effective.

"Aditya I have not head for engineering, and will leave that part up to the experts, but I might be able to help with gathering materials needed for this". He said to her and all.

Aditya's completely black eyes and red pupils narrowed in on @[member="Flynn Blackheart"]. "Mat-oh aren't you a gift? Isn't Flynn a gift, honey? I mean ah, Jedi Lord Amad--heehh promise I'll get used to calling you official like, husband. @[member="Dove"], you had read-outs on the materials needed for the initial hu-uuurrkk!"

Flipping the charts on the holoprojector, Aditya flumped down into the nearest chair. Those were a great deal of supplies to get ahold of. "Ah, how'd you get the first ships, Kei? Negotiation Via Mint? Think we could get that Echani dude back and negotiate for the ore of three stout planets and an asteroid belt?" She'd never seen so much go into one thing, her eyes expanded with her conscious mind. This Army was much larger than she'd originally given credit for. "We. . . We're going to need creative supply lines for this puppy. Any ideas, Flynn?"

Overcoming the shock of somehow entering into bigger leagues than she'd realized, Aditya decided there was nothing for it. She would help figure this out. "Yes, inoculate their babies and heal their sick, when the time comes, they have a rapport with us. It's a solid idea, and Dove's plans coordinate with it well. My main concern is radiation leakage. In space radiation dispersing outward is fine and dandy, as long as we're shielded from the inward flux. Which Dove has some fantastic charts on in Figure 43. It's landing the damn thing on a planet and not giving half the population within a three mile zone cancer that I'm worried about. Sure. Other ships land and don't care, but that's a lot of offput energy when you consider they're also going to have whacked out weather for a few days 'cause we stopped by. Utapaah maybe, they land big ships in the atmo all the time. Or Cloud City. They might have ideas, can we call up what they do? There's this engineering firm in Atrisia I contract to for giggles and a paycheque, I've been working on pollution control. Something about enviro-scrubbers. Also might be useful in case the Sith cast down biological or environmental poisons on-board or in atmo." She tapped her finger against her lips, turning to Dove.

"Which half are we ditching for the first incarnate build? Lateral slice, or at this coupling . . . here above the command pod? I have to say, Dove, this is brilliant. Other than the extra fuel we burn entering atmo, it does save a lot on supply runs. Safety, too. I'd rather get some goonies with a forklift and skiff bringing in supplies than waiting for shuttles to get shot down. @[member="Kei Amadis"], I'd trust in Dove's commitment to the Durasteel. The mass! It's almost massive enough to shift the gravity in a sizeable enough area around it, it would naturally scramble enemy fighters coming in for closer strafing ranges. . . look, lookit this, guys. Build the frame to last like Dove's saying, and it'll save on stabilizers inside. We could grid the interior like a child's maze and it would stay together. Also, hull containment'll take hits from the Super Star Destroyers enough for us to fire back. I'd like to see the configuration of the weapons, please."

@Kei Amadis, @Dove, @Aditya Amadis

Creative supply lines or raw materials, yes indeed they will. "You mention a contact? with three planet and asteroid belt that might be a good starting point, but in the long term we will need to become self sufficient. Otherwise the budge will escalate. They always do", Flynn walked around pacing for a moment in thought, which was difficult with his throbbing head ache. He wished at this moment to be able to light up a death stick, but thought better of it in the company.

"A long term plan might be that we acquire our own squadron of prospecting vehicles and do our own mining, maybe set up a company .. small one .. that would also bring in the credits as we could sell the raws. But that will take time to set up", he looked to the other now.

"I did a ... small job .. for someone. They located a old ship grave yard, the scrapes and metal from a battle .. there was lots .. and I mean lots of dead ships that needed refitting etc, but the value of the scape for recycling was immence. If we could maybe do some research and locate something similar then we might hit the jack pot... a long shot I know. Other wise, we will do as you suggest and work through negotiations".

As all of them were talking back and forth, I handed @[member="Aditya Amadis"] the blue-prints for the weaponry. As she spoke about letting fuel turn the people that we landed next to I smiled. "Their could be a loop for that. Say we collect the emissions with some deivice, and the run it through the engine a second time to burn it up again. It would save fuel, and it would lower emissions drastically." I kne that if I had come here and collected information from other minds that we could possibly come up with something better than what I had planed. Looking to @[member="Flynn Blackheart"] as he mentioned a scrap yard. Pointing to him I smiled. "Perfect scrap older ships for usable materials, and what may help us is to take a working ship already, and convert it." I was not a tech person. I knew about how to use the items, and maybe how to fix weapons and armor, but I was not one for making things. However, seeing as I was with people that already knew about things like this, I might as well learn so I can help out around here.
@[member="Kei Amadis"]

"Yeah, Kei and @[member="Manu Xextos"] negotiated for the Brynjar and our True Venture here. With a mint. A mint from Manu's pocket. I laughed so hard I fell down when Kei told me the story." Aditya grinned at her man, then tapped her fingers to her lips. "I know of a couple of old pirate strongholds that got blown up in this nebula. Got this friend, she'll be able to lead us to it. Called it the Briar Patch. 'Course we were also the ones that blew the ships up… eheheh. Shhh. Kei? You remember the one-legged Pirate Captain who kept trying to turn you in? @Aella Caderyn and I killed him. Pew pew! His derelict is still floating around. That'll help with like, 2% of what we need! Yay! Flynn. . . do you have any friends with access to salvaging equipment? That wouldn't ask many questions and work for candy?"

"What about funnelling the exhaust and radiation contaminants into a plasmic system for the weapons? We'd only get about 50% efficiency on the second burn in the engine, which is fantastic, granted give me a few days and a barrel of mead and I could get that to 60%, but we want serious punch to our weapons, right? So why not fight dirty? And if we need the fuel for a quick mosey out of Death's Hallway of Doors, then we could punch that exhaust through the engines for an excess burn? Does. . . does that sound right? Loop… HM!"

Aditya hopped back up and spread the engine & power schematic up on the holoprojector. Her fingers drew lines of blue as she edited an electronic plan and grafted it to the side of the schematic. "What do you think of this, @[member="Dove"]? Using carbon coils to funnel and bank out impurities then shove it back through a crystalline matrix to the fuel and energy banks? The crystalline matrix would have to feed through the ship's lower decks, but it'd also luminesce so maybe we wouldn't need to waste energy on lights? We'd still need to fuel up once in a blue moon, but not nearly as much as the Brynjar. We could last for years. 'Course initial investment would go up, but in the end it would be worth the trouble. What do you think, @[member="Kei Amadis"]? Or would the initial investment go up?

@[member="Dove"]? Will it go up or down?"

Pacing around the table, he was interacting with the engineers around them, occupied with the details, like getting these plans recorded down, while minds better suited to engineering got on with the task. Someone took out a great big tool to start measuring the designs, men at work, coming through! More activity came around them as they moved further through the process. Looks like the quiet time was over for him, handling reports as he went now.

@[member="Flynn Blackheart"], a Mining company, that had potential, "A mining and salvaging company yeah. Arion has a few survey ships, but not for mining. We could sell precious materials direct to Arion, and use them in the war effort, we'd still need our own mining vehicles, i'd doubt they'd cut us anymore credit." Though they had a couple of survey ships from Arion's fleet now, it was still on strictly as and when they were available basis.

@[member="Dove"] "When we get our way, one thing we'll have to work with is scrap metal," that much was certainly true. One way or the other, they'd be seeing scrap in space. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, "have you got some solid ideas how to make use of that in the design?" Kei was interested, but he wanted the practical details, he always wanted the practical details.

The mint negotiation, Kei would never again underestimate the lust of Arion greed, or the stupidity of a trandoshan after that day. As for the technical details @[member="Aditya Amadis"] was way over his head, he went a bit misty eyed, needing his old engineer @[member="Fyor Nayus"] here, maybe one day he'd twist the man's arm. "I like the hit and run idea," getting somewhere where they were not getting shot would be plan a.

"Anyone have any other contacts that we can leverage," The good will with Arion was probably used up till they delivered what was promised.

Grinning at the memory of the pirate, "I thought that old navy dog would be around forever," in the past he'd of thanked @[member="Aditya Amadis"] for helping him out personally, but he wasn't thinking about himself when he said this, he was thinking about about everyone involved in the ship, "that helps thank you. I've got some cargo on the statement I could send our way, not much but it might bump up your offer," at one time he'd been keeping it aside in case he'd ever settle down, but with life moving into overdrive that wasn't likely to happen any time soon.

@[member="Dove"], @[member="Aditya Amadis"], @[member="Kei Amadis"]

Flynn paced the floor, his hands still slightly shaky from his indulgences and lack of booze and sticks, but he pushed that out of his mind, using the force to block the longing for the stuff. His hand came up to his face and rubbed his goatee, as he thought on what Dove, Kei and the bubbly one, Aditya had asked him. She is nice, Flynn liked her and the lads seemed like good chaps so he knew he was in good company. But what was the best aspect of them, they know their stuff and if they don't they are willing to listen to those that do and learn, this is a good sign and they will go far.

"Lets just say the people I did the small job for .... would not help", he flashed a grin at them. The idea of the Briar Patch was on the right track but as Aditya pointed out, probably not enough for what they required. No they needed a larger graveyard. As for equipment, that was the issue, he did not know of 'friendlies', that would be willing to help. Then he remembered hearing rumours of another small faction that did something similar and the rumour says that they got quiet a large pay load. If his information was correct, then they might be the answer. They could negotiate with them to do the job.

Her turned back to them all. "Unfortunately I don't know of anyone that would be willing to help with equipment or information on this, but some research on history might throw up some light for us. but...... I am unaware of this .. but how is our position with the Rebel Alliance?". It is them that he had heard about through mates, and over heard conversations in spice dens. He was once an infiltrator after all and silent as death when 'hunting' a target, disappearing something Flynn can do with Mastery.

@[member="Dove"], @[member="Aditya Amadis"], @Kei Amadis @[member="Flynn Blackheart"]

The Rebel Alliance? "I've not heard from them," Kei said honestly, he'd not had much contact with them before this had started, or after it. The rebels had never come to them, and they'd never gone to the rebels. Sure there were always whispers, many alliances had sent rumours to test the waters, but each one had the same response in the Epicanthx's mind at the moment, how would it help fight the Sith?

As time went on the design was worked on carefully, assessing its strength and weaknesses, the group and the engineers present were laboring over the details. "We'll go private then, put out the call and see which company has the stomach for it, that and the morals pointing in the right direction." Seemed easy enough, always someone wanting the credits out there, and more than a few people who hated the Sith probably willing to give them a discount on labor even if not materials. "Using the fact it's going against the Sith, as a way of getting a discount." Kei's grin broadened, that was its purpose, that and a place for them to hang up their boots.

He'd seen a few junkyards, but never anyone organising them, always sitting there. Kei seemed engaged, really engaged now, leaning over the designs and actively aiding the engineers directly. This idea was growing in his mind, the cause, "That's it, that's how we'll do it, run a scrap merchant," give all those junkyards in the galaxy somewhere to take it off their hands, "we'd clean up a few places while we are at it too."

"Nah, that Navy Dog was planning on rushing the Statement with a band of thugs and Vornskyrs, so I shot him and took his stuff. Repaired the port engine on the Statement with the manifold I got from his ship. Remember? That time I came in all messed up and limping?" So naunchelant about the life of a man who had chased them for months at a time was she, that she sat back and pressed her lips together. Kei was respectable now. "Umm, okay I shot him after he tried to kill me. Which was after he tried to enlist me again and I said no and he said why he'd pay me better and I said it wasn't about money and he laughed and stabbed me in the thigh so I hit him, and when he landed on the ground later, I shot him. Better that way, he was going to collect the bounty on the deader side of Dead or Alive."

There. That felt better, somehow. More legitimate? Aditya pondered @[member="Flynn Blackheart"]'s potential dealings, nodding. "Heard a couple of whispers about them on Atrisia, but I've never met anyone from the Rebel Alliance. Think we could find some mutual advantage in helping each other out? Maybe they have salvagers and we have, umm. . . if they need an engineer to fix some ships, I'll volunteer to go with Flynn. Is that alright with you, Kei?" Asking as his wife more than a partner in the military endeavour, Aditya sat up sweetly and smiled tenderly for him. He needed raw materials? Aditya would move planets to get what Kei needed most. Besides, with how busy he was it would do him good to be able to get a few minutes more sleep knowing it was being handled.

Tapping her fingers to her lips again, Aditya puckered them with a pop. "Yeah, we could probably use at least 30% scrap on this design. With some clever engineering and a large scale smelter we could get that to 40 - 50%. Save us a lot, but the framework should be custom and new. Don't want some two inch spot of rust on the inside of a previously used beam to cost us a battle, or hull integrity. What do you think, @[member="Dove"]?"

Something threw her, she remembered back to what @[member="Kei Amadis"] had said about cargo on the Statement. First impression was that he'd picked up some new stuff. Bound to happen. . . but the way he said it. Aditya thought back to the cargo hold on that old rust bucket, inhaling forcefully and looking straight at Kei. "Kei no. Not that cargo. I'll. . . I'll cannibalize the Myrmadinas, I'll go scrap hunting till my fingers go blue, but not that. We'll find another way. Look at us, here finding another way." She grinned, hiding her sensitive emotional bond with the idea of Kei always having a 'Settling Fund' or 'Retirement Fund' behind a casual toss of her hand toward the flimsies. "See? Other ways." There was, however, a deep guttural feeling that they might not have the means to find other ways outside of the potential booty therein laid, like a Hope Chest in the vault of the Ambiguous Statement.

@[member="Dove"], @[member="Aditya Amadis"], @Kei Amadis @[member="Flynn Blackheart"]

@[member="Aditya Amadis"] "That time? What about that time with the arm, the sling? Sure you were going to say that one." He scratched his stubble thoughtfully, "Yeah," Kei agreed, not much to add to that, "your work days are usually busier than mine," and with half the things he was getting up to these days, that was saying something, he laughed and took a breath of the force, settling himself to the task.

Laying his hands down on the table again, leaning over, as engineers continued to mock up the designs, moving around him and planning a basic prototype of the first phase. The Rebel Alliance, "take help wherever you can get it, but no treaties." The less he had to do with politics the better, it was inevitable it'd rear its head sooner or later, but later was just fine with him. For now they had Sith to stop.

Leaving the question of the hull to @[member="Dove"], and the other engineers, "if this ship isn't in use, and shooting Sith, then the cargo isn't going to help us." Kei said as a general would, his expression softening for a moment to her, "I know 'ditya, I know if there is no other way, but only if there is no other way." Kei was putting everything on the line here, he'd done so with Manu committing himself to Arion for ten years if the venture failed, and he'd risked breaking bonds with the order, he'd risked becoming a fugitive, dying in some Sith holding cell somewhere, losing his Master, all of that. Beyond that though this cargo, that was more important than any of it, and for that reason alone he'd hold it back, for now, but use it if there was no other choice.

"Nah, that was the Twilek Sisters? Remember, Frick and Frack? I forget their real names, but that's what we called 'em. That night with the Brandy. You were awful romantic to set my arm for me and let me stick around while my shoulder healed. They'd squared in on the Statement. . you were leaving an exhaust trail, and I followed 'em to this nebula and waited until they were about then boarded 'em to make a deal but they didn't wanna negotiate. Was trying to pay them off so they'd stop going after you, but they tried to sell me into slavery and take my cargo so I push kicked Frick outa the airlock and fried Frack with an open conduit coil from their starboard plasmic stabilizers. Pink dust!" She nodded, grinning at how life had been like not long before. Had @[member="Kei Amadis"] realized how many times she'd acted as Guardian Angel to his shuddering little ship? Much like the cat who prowled in a den of Nexu to defend her owner, Aditya'd come back limping, wincing or bandaged up, her droid grumbling as it docked the Myrmadinas to the Ambiguous Statement and she stumbled back toward her hero and lover. He was always there to pick her up when she felt like falling over. Even on the times she'd stuck a gun in his face then thought better of it later on. Aditya walked over to Kei and put her hands on his shoulders from behind, pressing her chin into the side of his arm.

"We'll make it work, General Amadis. Trust me, I'm telling you @[member="Flynn Blackheart"] and I will make it work. How much time do I have to make it work?" An inane question in anyone else's mouth, it was time in part of their personal microcosm. Given the time and resources, the Epicanthix engineer could work minor miracles of her own, no Force Powers need apply. A tug curled upward from her chest to her cheeks, eyes flooding her gaze at him with a gentleness she hadn't got for anyone but her husband. "And what's the leeway? Any acts I should steer clear of? Other than treaties." Reign me in, love. She seemed to say, locked in his personal sphere.

@Dove, @Aditya Amadis, @Kei Amadis

Flynn listened to them mulling over ideas and how to get the materials for the project, and he had to admit that they are great leaders and enjoyed their company. His head more clear now as the booze was wearing off, but he would kill for a stick right about now, he thinks better when smoking. "I have no contact over at the Rebels, it might be time someone with the skills of negotiation go speak to them, that is something you and I might do Aditya?, I am will to do and go where needed to get these materials, if my information is correct, then they have the equipment for salvage, but if it come to it, we could do it with ships tractor beams, as long as we have a ship with a large storage capacity".

"We start off small like you say Kei and build a scrap pile, use what we need and sell the rest for coin to think about other options, and maybe get those prospecting vehicles".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom