Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The path of revenge begins with on a cold platter...

See with eyes unclouded by hate
He looked over at the Rouge and shook his head. "No, not yet." He replied, then picked out his crude lightsaber. "I was hoping to make a new one, this time with the Force like I should've. But I didn't know how to when I made it. It's good, but it's not... as good as it could be. For me that is." A'Runda explained to him. If he gets it done today he'll feel pretty accomplished. "Back on Tatooine I needed to improvise. Kyber Crystals don't grow on the planet. So instead i used my old krayt dragon pearl I got when I became an adult. Sadly I need to work on the pearl. It's a little rough and scratched so it makes the blade a little unstable." He informed him on the blade's condition.

Putting the old thing back he watched as he asked Nozomi a question. He made a bit of a perplexed expression behind his mask. As far as he could remember she didn't call them mates. Perhaps it was something from before that didn't involve him.

[member="Dax Fyre"]
[member="Kimiko"]

The violet-haired fox, just smiled at the second or third time being asked that question, and began an odd circular pacing patter as if looking for something. She honestly meant the teasing quips as a way of dropping hints to apparently oblivious people. It always made her happy to get different reactions from her targets.

"Mou~ There is a lot for you, and the rest of the Galaxy too learn about our kind. Kimiko may not see it, but those genes are embedded in her, to be like all those who came before her." she looked squarely at the man, sizing him up in a way as she approached him,"Whether either of you realize it, she sees potential in you, as do I. From what I have seen, and felt," a soft giggle,"you are in for an interesting time."

---Meanwhile---

Wandering a ways down each of the tunnel's branches proved fruitless. Each time she returned to the 'Grand Junction', Ki pouted. Somehow though, all six paths led to dead-ends, and she had gotten nowhere.

Kimiko sat on the smooth icy floor, taking deep breaths and attempting to find her path. She did not want to give up this soon...she needed to get her temper under control.

It started out faint, almost as if it was on a distant mountain, flowing down the side that led into...down...

Blue eyes shot open and she leaped up from her seat and began frantically feeling at the floor. After a moment, she realized her mistake: There was a flowing river right below her, and it could only lead to one place.

Ki heaved a heavy sigh before placing her hands on the floor and focusing her energy. It would appear that she was going to have too get wet.

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="A'Runda"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
[member="Kimiko"]
The answer Dax had gotten to his question was about as satisfying and cryptic as the comment that had spawned it in the first place. A quiet groan and the man face morphed into a tight lipped frown as he closed his eyes and crossed one arm across his body, the other hand rubbing his temple attempting to suppress the growing headache of confusion. "And what exactly do you mean by 'interesting'?" he asked, eyes still closed but one hand gesturing.

After Nozomi's response Dax would turn to [member="A'runda"] and place a hand on his shoulder, "The lightsaber is an extension of the self, just like the Force is, but that doesn't mean it needs the Force to be that extension. The Force is just a tool and a method, and just like any other method, its not the only way to do things. Hard work and toil is just as good as the Force, and in my opinion, sometimes its better. You achieved so much without access to the Force, you should be proud of it."

After Nozomi spoke his expression behind his mask was even more perplexed. Looking back and fourth between them he wasn't sure what to make of their situation. Clearly this was all stuff from before he arrived. The Tusken wasn't really accustomed to feeling like he was in awkward situations. So he wasn't quite sure what to do but just listen and not press the matter.

Then Dax put a hand on his shoulder and spoke. Listening carefully to what he had to say. It was true what he said, he had accomplished a lot without the Force since after he left his clan. Always finding ways to get by when using his cleverness with the very limited knowledge he had. One had to learn quick when their whole world was taken from them. "Thank you Dax." He simply replied. "Though, I'm still eager to see how the Force guides me in a more direct manner. I only had minimally tapped into the Force when I made this old thing. But thank you for your look on the matter." At moments like this, he wondered what his clan would think of him.

[member="Dax Fyre"]
[member="Kimiko"]

A few minutes had passed and a human-sized hole had been melted into the icy floor with Ki standing out of breath but proudly above it. She marveled at the racing river beneath...before noting how big it was and that it filled up the cavity.

Time to nut up or shut up.

She gave a mediocre cry and leapt into the frigid waters, immediately regretting most life decisions up til now. She cruised down the water way for what seemed like forever before being jettisoned into an underground lagoon.

Ki surfaced and tried her best to survey the new area, taking in the waterfall behind her, the body of water she currently resided, and the small stream that fed into a rather still pond.

This must be the place she told herself, and began swimming to shore...

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"As you should be!" Dax said as patted the man's shoulder, "And hey, if you make 'em enough times you can experiment a bit. You never know what kinda crazy, Sith-killin' contraption you'll come up with."

A sudden scream echoed up through the hole that [member="Kimiko"] had previously jumped down, resulting in Dax looking over its edge to peer down into the icy cavern. "You good down there, Ki?" the Rogue called down. Not getting a response, Dax looked over at the other two and shrugged, "I'm sure she's fine."

@[member="A'runda"]

The Tusken simply nodded to Dax. But then came the sudden scream from further within the cave. A'Runda just theorized that Kimiko just slipped and fell. All the while making a little scream. "Yeah, I'm sure she's more then capable to deal with this cave." He said, agreeing with the Rouge.

Feeling like there wasn't much for him to do now, A'Runda simply went over to the edge of the cave and sat down against the natural wall. Seeing no real point in standing around while waiting for their friend to finish up their own little adventure. Hoping that when they get back he can work on his lightsaber some more along with her.

[member="Dax Fyre"]
[member="Kimiko"]

Nozomi watched the exchange with a warm smile, before silently placing herself back in her original seat. She silently fell into a meditative trance. This 'Force' the outsiders had talked about was intriguing. There were always stories of those of her people with extraordinary powers, and she felt the need to delve deeper into its mysteries. Her hunches of it being a connection to this apparently cosmic power was definitely worth any effort...so she focused on everything around her, listening intently...

---

Ki managed to drag herself out of the lake and wandered closer to the pond at the center of the chamber. It was impressive how such a large space could form beneath the ice and remain untouched for an untold amount of time. It was cold, but not bone chilling, though her wet clothes would probably not help in the long run, but she could manage.

Upon closer inspection, the pond was covered in a deceivingly thick sheet of ice. It was crystal clear and one could see all the way to the bottom. That's when a faint glow caught her eye. As she had been told, it was smack in the middle of the pond. She sighed, none of this was supposed to be easy she thought.

The woman steeled herself and sat down directly above the glow and began cycling herself to begin meditating. Almost immediately her senses were assaulted by various voices, sights, and smells. All familiar in one way or another. Visions presented themselves in order to her: Her time with her adoptive father up until he was gunned down, the beginning of her integration with the coalition, meeting with all her friends. The adventures she had undertaken up until this point. But several stood out above the rest.

They were the darkest moments in her life, the parts where the feelings of hopelessness had run rampant within her. But in each one, a light shone through, one she never noticed. It was as if there was always a path for her that had been paved without her knowing it.

She was physically levitating, the energies emitted through the Force had begun to cause the pond beneath to stir.

Multitudes of feelings invaded her mind, causing a sense of euphoria within. The crystal reacted and began slowly rising through the water.

It finally concluded with a vision, one bathed in a bright light as flower petals fell around her. She could see herself, achieving a great undertaking alongside her family and friends.

A while into this and she realized something she had been missing all along: peace.

All through her life were great obstacles and challenges she had overcome and gained strength and knowledge from. The battle on Akarui was no different. Perhaps it was the push she needed all along to finally put her mind and spirit at peace...

One final push and the crystal, in a spiral of water, pushed through the ice and rose above it. Coming to a rest in a now frozen column glowing a bright greenish hue.

Her eyes finally opened and she noticed her aerial state. She lost her focus and fell down onto the ice chuckling as she stood and spied her prize.

Gently, she reached for it, and it beckoned her...

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax moved to stare out from the cave, the blizzard still hadn't let up at all. Despite the sun shining brightly above the planet's surface, the intense snowfall prevented any light from reaching those who waited for [member="Kimiko"] to return from her venture. Eventually, Dax began to get curious about [member="A'runda"], and so decided to ask some questions, "Hey A'runda, mind if I ask you somethin' real quick? I've only ever met one other Tuskan outside of his people, and he was a Forcer as well. I take it having a connection to the Force is rare among your people?"

A'Runda listned to Dax as he spoke. Taking in the question some. "Hmm, I would say that's that case. Tuskens are a very isolated people, so knowing if any of them are Force sensitive." Looking back at him he continued. "However, I should probably let you know I'm not biologically a Tusken. I'm a human, that was adopted into a clan as an infant. Back before I could even remember. Nonetheless Tuskens are rather spiritual at times. Especially when it comes to water, believe all of Tatooine's water is sacred to them." He said, recalling some of the beliefs that they held. "But that's not to say a Tusken could never be Force sensitive. At least I think so." Also A'Runda didn't know that there was anyone else like him out there. Perhaps one day he should try and find them.

[member="Dax Fyre"]
[member="Kimiko"]

It had been some time since Ki had entered/been shoved into the natural entrance to the crystal. It held the secret it was supposed to, the path towards peace and a brighter future. Both for herself and her people.

Nozomi, who was previously engrossed in a rather intuitive meditation session, suddenly perked up. Tails went stiff, ears shot up, and eyes opened wide to accompany her beaming smile. She stood, and without turning, she spoke to her two companions,"Hmm, it appears as if our fearless leader is complete in her destined task and will be returning to us-"

She was cut off by a very cold Kimiko, still soaked, stumbling into the chamber. She was clutching her treasure to her chest, as she attempted to catch her breath. She spoke through chattering teeth,"I-I d-did it. I'm a l-little cold-d." she was shivering as Nozomi rushed to her side, grabbing Ki's discarded layers from earlier.

Though she was obviously suffering severley from the cold, Ki cracked a warm smile. The crystal in her hand glowed slightly brighter.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Goddamn i- Ki!" the Rogue swore as trundled over to her, already conjuring a flame with which to warm her. "At least you found your rock...aren't foxes supposed to be agile and stuff? Not clumsy? How'd you get all soaked anyways?" he chided her as flame grew a little larger and he placed it on the snowy ground, the particles of ice surrounding the flame, slowly melting away. What had started as a mere candle's flame had now grown into a campfire sized laze in the middle of the snowy cave.

[member="Kimiko"] | [member="A'runda"]

A'Runda was also curious as to how Kimiko got all soaked. He watched as Dax summoned a flame. By this point he couldn't really do things like that. He didn't feel like there was much he could do actually. Actually being mostly interested in the crystal she'd gotten from within the cave. But he'd take off his snow coat and bring it over to Kimiko and almost put it over her after they get the cold, wet layers off. There was no point in keeping such things on when wet. However, what she really needed was to take off the big layers and leave the fire to warm up her less covered body. If someone was sweating under their layers it's a good idea to remove them for a little so it can dry off and not be so moist. Wetness is your enemy in the cold. So he wouldn't give her his coat. "So Kimiko, how was it?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]
[member="Kimiko"]

She gave the two males playful glares, enjoying the banter as she shivered beneath the coats and spare clothing. She huddled and breathed into her hands before taking a good look at her prize. It was a long crystal, light green in color, that pulsed as if in-sync with a heartbeat. Its face had many facets, but was rough and undefined. Though, a crack had formed through the middle of the shaft, giving Ki mild concern.

"It was-s-s, interesting. Th-th-there was a flowing river beneath the ice that led to an underground lake and the pond..." her eyes fell on Nozomi,"...kind of like you said. Though onc-c-ce there, I had to face past problems and now that I think of it, tribulations I have endured. It felt like a trial. But," she looked down at the crystal in her hand,"now I feel more at peace than I ever have. Enlightened and ready for the next challenge." she looked over her friends with a warm smile as shivers rocked her body every few seconds, but she was warming up.

@A'Runda [member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"I'm surprised there's liquid water at all on this ball of ice." the Rogue said, eyes fixed on the flames he was trying to keep alive, "Figures that you'd be the one person to find it, after thousands of years of Jedi coming here." While he meant to say it in a playful tone, his concentration was fully on the fire, and came out a little bit more serious than he'd intended. "We should probably get the ship get down here soon. Get you into a change of clothes."

[member="Kimiko"] | [member="A'runda"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom