Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Outer Rim Imperium

[member="Tasgetius Blackwood"]

Have you considered recruiting other minor factions to join with you as sub-factions? Place their IC faction leader in the position of a system lord and allow each minor faction the freedom to control themselves OOC as you claim to want them to control themselves IC?

Yoru Shakou

The thought did arise and it is part of the plan as written out in notes for the Terminus Imperium. As the faction had just been posted last night (coupled with my limited availability today) I had not yet been able to act on those plans. As such, I will be reaching out to other Minor Factions to offer their leadership System Lord status as you have mentioned.
[member="Captain Larraq"]

Yoru Shakou

I would just like to add that additional portions will be added to the base post as notes are formulated and already established pieces are expanded upon.
If there are still comments, questions or concerns that you may want answered, please let them be known.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

Minor bit of feedback. Speaking for myself, while your choice of font stands out, it's also hard to read. That might be a factor in getting people more engaged.

Yoru Shakou

I changed the font from the Courier New (which is this font)
To​
The Times New Roman. How does it look?
[member="Physeter Balke"]​

Yoru Shakou

After a small poll about which fonts and which text colors were easy to read, I've edited the first post to reflect the out come. The font has changed to Georgia, and the text color chosen is now Golden Rod. It should make things easier to read. If there are some points you would like clarification on or are having trouble with, let me know.
If there are any questions, comments or concerns regarding the Terminus Imperium, please make them known and I'll endeavor to reply to them as quickly as I can.

Bradok

The best Force using smuggler in the Galaxy.
[member="Tasgetius Blackwood"] [member="William Kerkov"]

This is very interesting, and with so much detail and thought put into your faction I am sure you will eventually make it to major faction status. Mangus, at least right now, really wouldn't fit in with the Terminus Imperium so I will have to keep my hand out of the faction for now. However; I would love to see the System Lords take the Galaxy by storm and replace the Jedi and Sith as the true Galactic Superpower.

Yoru Shakou

I've tried to make it as open as possible to ensure that a myriad of characters could join, mainly in the multiple positions that are available for someone to attain. I am sure that somewhere there could be a place for Mangus. Additionally there will be additional points added to the faction as it grows.
I do appreciate your confidence that it'll grow and reach major faction status, though them replacing the Jedi and Sith would be amazing.
[member="Mangus Abraxius"]

So being a Kratocracy, if another character were to challenge your character and win, they would take control of the faction?

Anyway, interesting concept, hope it comes to fruition!

Yoru Shakou

There are various ways to attain the position of the Supreme System Lord.
  • Kratocracy - As you've said, this way means that an individual feeling that they are powerful enough can challenge the current leader of the Faction. If the challenger is more powerful, then said challenger would take control of the faction.

• Succession - This means that the current reigning Supreme System Lord names a successor from among the System Lords to succeed them. If the Supreme System Lord dies, or they decide to step down, the named successor takes the title of Supreme System Lord.

• Council Vote - This is the more difficult path, as it would require an individual to sway other System Lords from voting for themselves and voting for an individual. Depending on the composition of the Council, it is always a majority rule vote. (ex. A council of 5 members, one would need at least 3 votes in their favor).

I had designed it in this way to ensure that the faction would always be lead by the strongest, and those whose interest would lay within the faction itself. A strong Supreme System Lord will always be playing the System Lords against each other to ensure their reign, and to ensure the ever expansion of the Terminus Imperium.
[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

Yoru Shakou

It'll take some doing, though I think it could work. It's designed to make it easier so that smaller groups within the over all faction can rp with each other and not get held up waiting for others to post. It's meant to be as decentralized as possible so that the members more or less run the faction with the Supreme System Lord there to keep them from getting out of hand.
[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

Yoru Shakou

In order to better enact upon the ideas of this faction; in its goal to replace the defunct Fringe Confederacy and to capitalize upon the weakening state of the Omega Protectorate, a more centralized world within the Southern Expanse of the Outer Rim Territories was chosen to serve as the new capital of the faction.
As the Terminus System were a rather fringe location in the greater area of focus, it has since been removed as the focus and possible capital of the faction. Rather in its stead, the world of Lanteeb has been chosen to mark the Faction's new capital due to its more centralized location within the over all areas of focus and interest of the Faction.
With this comes a name change to the faction as well.
It is now no longer the Terminus Imperium, and has been christened...
The O.R.I.
The Outer Rim Imperium.

Yoru Shakou

An additional section has been added.
Affiliated Organizations
This has been added in the political information section of the first post. This section contains / will contain; the list of individual Minor Factions that have joined the Outer Rim Imperium as a Sub-Faction. This list will be updated as Minor Factions join or leave.

Yoru Shakou

Even with a change in my schedule that will otherwise limit my posting during the week, with a bulk of my posting happening on the weekends, I am still deeply invested in seeing this faction take off.

In the coming days, more threads as well as O.R.I. focused ideas will be brought forward.

Additional edits or in general additions to the main post will also be added as they are formulated and worked upon to ensure that they fit within the idea of the Outer Rim Imperium.
If there are questions, comments, or concerns, bring them forward.

Yoru Shakou

There is a table, and upon this table there is a plan.

That plan involves the Outer Rim Imperium, and it shall begun to be enacted upon in the coming days.

Activity is coming to the Outer Rim Imperium, with a new surge and push for it to become better known among the site.
As always, I welcome questions, comments, concerns about the faction.

Yoru Shakou

Editorial Update
Additional Positions have been added to the section titled 'Other Positions'. These positions being that of the Captain of the Guard and the Guardsmen. They server as the leader and individuals that comprise a System Lord's personal bodyguard unit.

Yoru Shakou

Editorial Update
Thanks to the hard work and dedication to her craft, we now have a set of Factions Tags.
They have been posted here and on the main Faction write up entry in the first post.
Thank you [member="Snowflake"] for your hard work and the beautiful tags.
9EwLGSH.png
QgcvzRy.png
diG1OGp.png
eIeGKaH.png
lXsTULC.png
bl2dfsi.png
cEiEoKk.png
BQioNYV.png

Yoru Shakou

I had to take a moment and look up the Charr.
While I see your comparison and where you are coming from in that belief, the Legions are not reflective of the Charr.
Rather the entire Outer Rim Imperium faction has much of its inspiration and basis on that the of Goa'uld Empire from the Stargate Franchise.
The Legions themselves, as being derived from the System Lords or those whom are seeking power, can be more akin to the Goa'uld System Lord's Jaffa Armies. Though with the Charr appearing to have a similar idea, it can easily be said that the Legions are thus an interpretation of their creators. As it is stated, the Legions are raised by the System Lords themselves, so there is no established Outer Rim Imperium Army or Naval Force. This is due to an attempt and decentralizing the Faction.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom