Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Outer Rim Imperium

Yoru Shakou

e92f5591-33f3-49db-bf90-944851b48c25_zpsdihdx7fi.jpg
:: Outer Rim Imperium ::
"Let it be known that no one defies the O.R.I."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..:: Political Information ::..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TYPE OF GOVERNMENT: Kratocratic Fiefdom

HEAD OF STATE: Supreme System Lord
EXECUTIVE BRANCH: System Lords
LEGISLATIVE BRANCH: High Council of System Lords
JUDICIAL BRANCH: Regional Courts

OTHER POSITIONS:
  • Under Lord
  • First Prime
  • Second Prime
  • Captain of the Guard
  • Guardsmen

AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS:
  • The Raulynate

..:: Societal Information ::..

FACTION CAPITAL: Lanteeb
SYSTEM LORD CAPITAL: Various

OFFICIAL LANGUAGE(S):
  • Galactic Basic Standard

CURRENCY:
  • Denarius (1cr)
  • Aureus (25cr)

STATE RELIGIOUS BODY:

• Varies

..:: Overview ::..

The O.R.I. are a loose confederation of individual warlords holding the titles of System Lords; taking advantage of the power vacuum resulting from the dissolution of the Lords of the Fringe and the weakening of the Omega Protectorate. Its unique designation as a Kratocratic Fiefdom causes the Imperium to often be factional and prone to chaos, with only the Supreme System Lord's own power holding it together.

As it is a Kratocracy, those whom rise to power do so through physical force, social maneuvering or political cunning to secure their positions.

..:: System Lords ::..

The System Lords are the political upper echelon of the Imperium, a loose confederation of warlords. At any one time the total number of those System Lords never exceeds Thirteen. However ones place as a System Lord is never guaranteed nor is it permanent, as a System Lord can easily fall and be replaced by another.

• Supreme System Lord - A title afforded to the most powerful System Lord. There are numerous ways in which this title can be secured by a lesser System Lord. Political Cunning, Social Maneuvering, or through seizing power with sheer Physical Force. The Supreme System Lord is the de facto leader, and ruler of the Imperium.

• System Lord - A title of those Warlords whom rise to power through sheer force of will, determination and ambition. They are those whom are recognized as the most powerful among those in the Imperium. While there is never more than Thirteen, that number can dip as low as three if there are those whom are not worthy of the title. System Lords are known for their unbridled ambition, and are encouraged to invade and dominate neighboring systems. It is only the Supreme System Lord that is capable of reigning them in, or focusing their strength upon a singular goal. Each System Lord is also afforded the rights to govern those worlds they conquer as they see fit.

..:: High Council of System Lords ::..

"The High Council of the System Lords is a rather flimsy coalition of the most powerful System Lords. They only cooperate when it suits them. Their numbers vary from time to time. New ones rise up, older ones get knocked off."

The High Council of System Lords is a unique and often rarely convened council, as many of the System Lords are either constantly bickering among themselves or focused upon expanding their power. When the Imperium is beset upon by an External Force or an Internal Threat, the High Council meets to unite their power for a singular focus. The Council has the power to grant the rank of System Lord, and can likewise (through a majority vote) banish a System Lord from their number.

Through the High Council, the Supreme System Lord holds the power to negotiate with enemies of the Imperium. These powers also extend to laws that affect the whole of the Imperium, often superseding local laws set by the System Lords (a power which is often unutilized as a means to pacify the System Lords and keep them happy).

..:: Other Positions ::..

Each System Lord, including the Supreme System Lord, has a retinue that they keep close to ensure their continued power. This retinue is comprised of various Under Lords, and the commanders of a System Lord's Legions, as well as those whom form the personal bodyguard units established by the various System Lords.

• Under Lord - High ranking individuals whom serve a System Lord. Their duties often vary from Lord to Lord, which are often bestowed upon them by their System Lord. It is customary for those Under Lords of a defeated System Lord (be it through combat, or banishment) to enter into the service of another System Lord. However it is also not uncommon for an Under Lord to rise in station and power and be granted the title of System Lord in their own right.

• First Prime - The foremost warrior of a System Lord, whom is charged with carrying out the most important tasks and leading a System Lord's army. They are akin to Generals or other such high ranking commanders in similar military hierarchies. Their final mission given to them is to avenge the death of their System Lord if they are killed by an enemy.

• Second Prime - Handpicked by the First Prime, they are the commanders beneath the general, often holding a rank akin to Colonels in similar military hierarchies. Their duties (much like the Under Lords) varies from Prime to Prime, and often on what the First Prime deems is most important. In order to be chosen for this position, those whom show leadership qualities, cunning and ambition are watched for by the First Prime.

• Captain of the Guard - Those individuals whom show the greatest of loyalty to the System Lord that they serve, or those lone soldiers that have proven themselves in battle time and time again are often recognized for their achievements. While a First Prime leads a System Lord's Armies, it is the Captain of the Guard whom ensures the safety and protection of the System Lord themselves.

• Guardsmen - Individuals whom have proven their worth among the forces of the System Lord are often handpicked by the Captain of the Guard to enter service as a Guardsmen. These are those individuals whom would place their lives on the line to ensure the survival of those that they serve.

..:: Legions ::..

Every Government needs its army, and the Imperium is one that holds hundreds of legions. Every System Lord raises their own Legions, often directly reflective of their power and the worlds that they hold in their reign. Though Legions can also reflect the ambition of those whom do not hold the title of System Lord that desire such a mantel be placed upon their shoulders.

Naming conventions, unit composition and all manner of little mundane decisions are directly at the whim of the System Lord fielding the Legion. Often the only distinction that a Legion even belongs to the Imperium is those whom control it, as there are no set codes of dress between one Legion or another. For this reason, many Legions carry banners to distinguish themselves between enemies and fellow Imperium Legions.

..:: Currency ::..

It is often said that the symbol of a civilization is minting currency. The Imperium is one such government that does not accept Galactic Credit Standard, though is more open to other forms of currency such as those seen often used in Hutt Space. Internally the Imperium uses a system of Denarius and Aureus.

• Denarius - A silver plated coin which shows the depiction of a calm Nerf one side. The reverse has the image of the symbol of the Imperium; it is treated as being worth 1 Galactic Credit within Imperium space. With 25 Denarius worth a single Aureus.

• Aureus - A gold plated coin which shows the depiction of the first Supreme System Lord engraved upon one side. The backside holds an engraving of a raging Krayt Dragon; it is treated as being worth 25 Galactic Credits within Imperium Space.

..:: Goals ::..

• Take advantage of the Power Vacuum within the Southern Outer Rim Territories resulting from the weakening Omega Protectorate and the dwindling Lords of the Fringe.

• ​Establishing alliances to ensure the security of the Imperium during its initial expansion into the Outer Rim Territories.

• Establishing the Imperium as a local power before pushing for greater recognition by the Galaxy as a whole.

..:: Faction Tags ::..
9EwLGSH.png
QgcvzRy.png
(Usable only be the current Supreme System Lord)
diG1OGp.png
eIeGKaH.png
lXsTULC.png
bl2dfsi.png
cEiEoKk.png
BQioNYV.png

..:: Closing Statement / Q&A ::..

I was rather amazed with myself coming up with this. I was taking a break and out of no where, I found myself thinking about old ideas that I had thought I forgot about. This faction arose from some of those ideas, as well as new ones, and was also inspired by my friends and I remembering out favorite scenes and seasons of Stargate. I will openly admit that this takes a lost of inspiration from the Goa'uld and even utilizes some of those terms for titles and positions within the faction itself.

While I've not given up on the Raulynate, I have decided to slow myself on it to prevent me from being completely burned out, by choosing to expand my creativity and efforts upon old characters made new.

With that said, I would like to invite those whom may be interested to ask questions, make comments, or otherwise voice your concerns or feelings about the faction (though I would request that they are constructive).

I've also included a small Q&A as well. If you feel something has not been addressed, please feel free to make it known and I will respond as best as I can.

• Q: Why use the Goa'uld Empire as inspiration for a Star Wars based faction? It isn't even the same system / Sci Fi / etc etc.

• A: I've always viewed the Goa'uld Empire with a mixture of loathing and admiration. This was an empire that for Thousands upon Thousands of years was functional even though it was beheld by internal strife and political maneuvering between the Goa'uld. I felt that, and I hope that I, as well as others, can capture that same feeling and reproduce it for Chaos.

• Q: If there is internal strife and political maneuvering between faction members, why didn't you just join the Sith? / What makes you different than the Sith?

• A: That is a very good question. I will admit that there is much in similarities between the Sith and the Goa'uld Empire that the Imperium takes inspiration from. I feel that the Terminus Imperium is a faction that is not focused on the Force as much as the One Sith, as it is designed with the ideas of the Knights of Kal'Shebbol in mind. The Imperium is focused on the Non-Force Users, and on aiding them in securing their own future in a Galaxy otherwise often dominate by Force Users; though at the same time realizing that they can be and should be worked with, though they must also be carefully watched.

• Q: What makes the Imperium unique?

• A: Another good question. I believe its initial design makes it unique. While many factions chafe and often have difficulty getting their members to work together as a whole, I believe that the Imperium can over come this through its design as a Kratocratic Fiefdom. It is designed to inspire, and encourage individual members to act on their own. This means that it is intended to allow for smaller internal groups of members to act on their own stories, while also furthering the over all stories and goals of the entire faction. Individual members are encouraged to break off with a small core group of like minded roleplayers to enact their own Dominions, Invasions and other actions with a limited connecting umbrella of a faction blanketing their actions. This means that a small group of five or six writers dedicated with writing with one another are not bogged down waiting for multiple faction members to post; with the intention being to prevent Dominions from dragging on or otherwise stalling out.

• Q: What system is put in place to prevent Faction members from tearing each other apart or turning on each other?

• A: There is no such system put in place. As mirroring its inspiration, the Imperium is designed to show the true conflict and internal strife that a large interstellar Government would face. We also see this in much of Human History with many successful Empires often falling from internal strife. The continue maneuvering and rising and falling of System Lords is designed to ensure that the strongest are leading the Imperium so that the faction survives.

• Q: What if I don't want to be a System Lord, or take part in Dominions? What is there for me?

• A: That is fine. Members of the Imperium aren't going to be forced to participate in the internal power struggles, or the ambitious plans of the System Lords or those whom desire the position. The faction will be open to many whom want nothing more than a little freedom for their character, and they will be open as well as encouraged to act out their own stories and lives for their characters, free of the internal political struggles of the faction as they see fit and as they please.

It seems you and me have a problem, Terminus Belongs to the OCA, not to some archaic political party. Unless we work out a deal, I can sense a war is on it's way [member="Tasgetius Blackwood"]. So I give you one offer, Surrender now to the OCA or be obliterated in a war that will tear our world apart.

[member="William Kerkov"]
You both are minor factions, in terms of ownership of the planet neither of you two are in control from an OOC standpoint (though I get the IC issues that may arise) unless one of the two of you become a major faction.

Rather than attempt to insist that a mercenary outfit can own anything, you should have your forces fall in line to protect the Terminus Imperium at a discount rate.

Yoru Shakou

William Kerkov said:
It seems you and I have a problem
I apologize, however that "you and me" has been bothering me since I read it last night before I went off to bed. As it has been mentioned, due to both factions being Minor Status, the OCA has no direct claim upon Terminus, beyond stating that you are there. However I would like to point out (for future reference) that perhaps it is not best to approach someone with a threat of destroying an idea that they worked on and want to see flourish as it is likely that they will not be willing to work with you to come to a compromise.
<mumbles something about being beaten to pointing out that the Terminus Imperium and OCA are minor factions...>
[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]
A fine sentiment and I am glad to see another Blackwood in the Galaxy.
[member="Augustus Blackwood"]

Yes it has me bothered as well, but how can we coexist if both of our factions aspire to be Major (I have big ambitions for my faction, whether the galaxy considers us mercs or other.

[member="Tasgetius Blackwood"]

Well that's not nice, both of us are here and we each want power so.. it just means a smaller battle.

No. Not unless we work something out for this conundrum.

[member="Augustus Blackwood"]

William Kerkov said:
Well that's not nice, both of us are here and we each want power so.. it just means a smaller battle.
Until one of the two of you are major factions it does not change anything from an OOC point of view. One (or technically both) of you can still become a major faction, and things can be handled by then. You can still wage wars and whatnot, but it will not effect the map.

Yoru Shakou

Minor Factions have always been treated differently than Major Factions. It's simply a means of showing the vast difference in power between the two. A Major Faction affects the Galactic Stage at large with their sheer force of power, ambition and the pure amount of resources that they have at their command.
In comparison, a Minor Faction does not have access to such resources and is more likely to only be able to influence a single world, system or a small few. While they have power in their own right, its not enough to make them known on a Galactic Scale, thus they do not affect the map.
Likewise, I do not see a conundrum here in the very least. I see opportunity to grow two factions simultaneously. I agree with Yarva's point. Plus there was never truly any point in the formation of this faction that involved the likely hood of peacefully coexisting with another faction. The way the faction itself is designed is also to ensure that its members can act on their own and do their own thing, while also keeping the faction as a whole collectively together and working.
So I see potential ideas.
We can stick with the original plan that you pushed forward, which began with a threat, and will ultimately result in conflict between the two, or you accept the design of the Terminus Imperium and join the faction with your fleet, and carve out your own little fiefdom as a System Lord.
Either way, the end result will merely further the intended design of the Terminus Imperium and bring more attention upon it which is what is desired.
[member="Yarva Adisu"]

"Ha", that is all I can say to this. For now I will leave your faction to grow as well as mine, but there is no guarantee your 'Imperium' will triumph. Just because your faction has a well thought out government system doesn't mean you can survive this, small rivalry. Don't over exaggerate my friend, because if you do you will fall harder than any before

Yoru Shakou

With that settled, perhaps we can get the thread back on track for those whom may have questions, comments or concerns about the Imperium that may affect their decision to join or not.
I encourage you to place your comments, questions or concerns about the Terminus Imperium. I will endeavor to provide you with those answers that would be satisfactory.

Yes now it is out of the way I would like to just say, that is a very interesting and well thought out government. It is really spectacular, but your military is... a bit too "in the wind" They way you describe it means like anything can be your army as long as it has a banner. All that I am saying is that it needs a little bit of order, maybe just make a NPC Unit Thread. Otherwise, Great Job.

Yoru Shakou

The Legions are described as they are due to the inspirational influence of the Goa'uld on the Terminus Imperium. The Goa'uld Empire was one that had hundreds of Goa'ulds with their own loyal forces of Jaffa. The Legions of the Terminus Imperium mirror this, in that it is entirely and solely placed in the hands of the System Lords to write up, and submit their own NPC Units. The role of the Supreme System Lord (whom will likewise be responsible for their own NPC unit forces) is more in line with a Keeper. They are there to ensure that the Faction stays together while allowing the System Lords their freedom to take actions (either against one another to further their status, or through expanding their own power and by proxy the power of the Imperium through their own expansion).
If anything what it does is create an orderly military while also decentralizing it and placing responsibility into the hands of those whom are more or less co-faction leaders. This way the power is spread out, and the design (as mentioned) is done so to promote the strong to ensure that the faction remains strong.

[member="William Kerkov"], [member="Tasgetius Blackwood"], [member="Augustus Blackwood"],

Since the OCA is a mercenary fleet, I vote that they stay minor and become a sub-faction of the wider political influence that the "Terminus Imperium" is reaching for. From an IC standpoint, that makes more sense to me than a Mercenary force fighting for control of one or more star systems. And it provides an IC reason for the OCA to have the funding, fuel, and supply stations that are required for it to function.

From an OOC standpoint, both of your factions are more likely to succeed if you work together instead of bickering with one another. It's a fairly hard thing to gather five writers that have the time, energy, and ambition to post actively. It's also difficult to keep enough active threads running that the writers you gather stay interested in what you are trying to do. If you, for the most part, ignore each other, allow each other to do 'their own thing' without reprimand or interference, and rally under the same banner during dominions and invasions, you'll have the highest chance of success.

So please. For both your sakes. Break bread and work together.

I'm not joining anything and I'm not telling you what to do.

I'm giving you some friendly advise, as an unbiased third party. Working together to make something meaningful is the smart choice, and will work out for you better in the long run than trying to do it on your own. If you don't want to do it? That's fine. That's your choice to make. But it's a solid option that you should at least consider.

Besides. My company owns more ships than your fleet-based minor faction. That should at least inspire you to try a new angle for yourself.

Aka. Create a Company called Open Circle Armada that specializes in Police Actions, Mercenary Work, and Private Military Operations. You'll start out as a tier 2 company that is subject to the following rules....

Minor Faction Rules
A minor faction may have a number of ships between 400 and 1,000m equal to its number of unique members (writers)

Company Rules
3. Companies may own and operate a realistic amount of non-combat starships where maximum length per ship = ( Tier Number x 1000 ) / 2
4. Companies may own and operate a realistic amount of combat starships where maximum length per ship = ( Tier Number x 1000 ) / 3 and maximum fleet length = ((Tier Number x 1000) x (Tier Number)) / 2

Meaning that you may operate (you currently have 8 members, so lets assume that you're working with 5 unique writers)...
5 ships of up to 1,000 meters in length
In addition to this... you may operate any number of combat ships up to 666 meters in individual ship length... up to a maximum total fleet length of 1,000 meters.
And in addition to all this, you can have as many supply and logistical ships below 500 meters in length as you desire.

So lets tally that up.
You could, theoretically, have 5x Victory I or Victory II type ships...
Supported by 2x 500 meter frigates...
and an unlimited number of cargo corvettes, shuttles, and dropships...

Then you do a few threads where you are hired on to provide military support... and request a Tier advancement to Tier III.
And suddenly you can have more ships and bigger ships.

Yoru Shakou

I would like to keep this thread on topic and must ask that further talk about the OCA, or other such topics not directly related to the Terminus Imperium be moved to either PMs, or to their own thread as to prevent this one from being taken off track or otherwise bogged down with information not directly related to the faction topic.
Thank you.
[member="Captain Larraq"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom