Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Order of the Righteous Flame

Factions are never an easy thing, even with an idea as solid as the Order of the Righteous Flame. It has been brought up in the past and for a time was part of the original write up of the Faction. Though the Order of the Righteous Flame was kept as a purely Non-Force User group, due in part to how many other Factions were just inundated with Force Users of all kinds. I felt that in order to preserve the uniqueness of the Order of the Righteous Flame it had to remain completely Non-Force Users only, though as it was brought up once more recently, I began to question and think on that fact.

The Order of the Righteous Flame can remain unique, a Monastic Order focused on Non-Force Users fighting Force Users, whilst also permitting some Force Users within their ranks. However, this can provide for more story within the Order, even more so when those few Force Users permitted to join are held and leashed by the Non-Force Users of the Order. The Order of the Righteous Flame was heavily inspired by and taken from the Templars and other similar organizations from the Dragon Age Series. Thus, it is only fitting that it continues to draw from that inspiration. While instituting a "Circle of Magi" for Star Wars would be a bit out in left field, there are other organizations that can fit the need, specifically the Saarebas, and thus I present to you the following addition to the Order of the Righteous Flame.

Other Positions:
  • Saarebas

Organizations:
  • Saarebas

Organizations:
  • Saarebas: An ancient word whose literal translation means "Dangerous Thing". The cycle of life is one that continues at all times, and even with the Order of the Righteous Flame being a strictly Non-Force Users organization, the inevitability of birth will at times produce a Force Sensitive child to members of the Order. Thus they are known as Saarebas. They will be taught the ways of the Order of the Righteous Flame, though their Force Powers are not trained. Rather they are suppressed with the use of special armors and chains to prevent them from utilizing the Force. Each Saarebas is overseen by a member of the Order known as an Arvaarad, which literal translation means "Holds back Evil".

In effect, the Saarebas are Force Users born into the Order of the Righteous Flame (A question that was brought up earlier as to how those Force Sensitive members born into the Order would be treated). They are seen as Dangerous, and thus are trained and treated in such a way to reflect their status as "Dangerous Things". They are viewed as the "Ultimate" weapons by the Order of the Righteous Flame and thus would be unleashed when a particularly strong or powerful Force User is overwhelming members of the Order.

I welcome any additional questions, comments or concerns that one may have with the Order of the Righteous Flame.

All I request is that people keep on topic and refrain from joke posts (or otherwise aggressive posts or insults).

The Order of the Righteous Flame remains an active minor faction with an ambition to drive the site story forward as well as developing personal character storylines and story arcs.

If you are searching for a place for your character, then look no further.

If you have questions, comments, or concerns about the faction; I welcome you to bring them forward to be answered.

We have just expanded our purview of those individuals as well whom would be welcomed to join. However while we have opened the faction to Force Users; we do not offer training in the use of the Force as explained in our Saarebas section.

[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] I woudl be interested possibly in some RP involving my kidna rogueish jedi with your order beign with you're charatcer or another. She's of the more militent jedi mindset. She after the loss of her old homeworld kidna beelives the jedi have stopped being guardians and become politicans. Shes left the main order atm currently the only oddball light side userwithin the black rose. [long story that] so was curious if shem ight spark ideas or interest.

If you'll look a couple of posts up, there is a potential position for your character within the Order if she were to join. She could easily become a Saarebas (though the major thing to remember is that she would not be receiving any kind of training to develop her force powers if she were to become a member of the Order of the Righteous Flame).

Additional ideas you may have would be welcomed as to her involvement with the Order itself or with members of the Order.

[member="Catherine Soja"]

[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] Not sure she'd join she considers herself a jeid no less. But was either lookign at an interestign meeting as shesn ever heard of this order. Or a duel [noen lethal] if possible for starters. I find it interesting yur charatcers from Alderaan Catheriens from Corellia both have lost homes. Not sure what may come of that.

If she considers herself a Jedi, she would more than likely end up being an enemy of the Order on that fact alone. This is due in part to the Order's view on the Jedi and the Sith (and many Force Users in general). A meeting or non-lethal duel would be fine as well.

If you send a PM, I would gladly hash out the thread with you.

If there are others that have comments, concerns, or questions about the Order of the Righteous Flame, please bring them forward and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]
As a writer, I've been interested in this faction from day one, though up until recently both OOC and IC circumstances have prevented me from trying to join it. With my return to the site (as well as the improvement of my IRL health), I now feel comfortable doing so. Gerhardt here is a new character of mine, whose bio should be posted within the next hour or so, and I believe he'll be a good fit to the faction.

I look forward to the fun stories lying ahead of us.

Welcome to the Order of the Righteous Flame. We're glad to have you as a part of the faction and look forward to the stories and threads in the future involving you and your character.

[member="Gerhardt Ivanov"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner

I currently have one of your members as a....guest....in my Palace. Do you want him back?

...Seriously though, I love the write up for this faction and think that we could get some great stories with my own small faction as a bit of a rival. :)

[member="Lady Kay"]

Which member would that be?

I wouldn't mind a rivalry between two factions. I am also working on the Val Cluster Campaign, which could be a suitable place for such a rivalry to develop.

Due in part to a few IRL problems however, my activity is going to be declining over the next few weeks.

Kay-Larr

[member="Wolfgang"] is the one. I haven't heard of the Val Cluster Campaign. But I can wait until you're ready :)

Kay-Larr

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

War? No need to jump into things THAT far yet. War is too simple. Gotta think bigger and with more depth than that.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This is the Val Cluster Campaign that I spoke of, and while it is still under construction, please feel free to sign up if you'd like. I'll be putting some work into it when I can (as I've still some IRL issues to deal with and work out).

I would also accept any aid in terms of working on submissions for the planets or NPCs for specific already approved planets, or other elements of approved planets.

The Val Cluster Campaign

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Darlyn Excron"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom