Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Night Of Terror (SSC Rakghoul Outbreak)

2 days earlier...

493d69c811351f0625f1080f49191fec.jpg

Silver Sanctum Outpost
Galidraan, Thanium Sector
Looking over the snowy mountains in the distance, the Jedi and Rangers were warm inside the observation tower of the Silver Sanctum outpost on Galidraan. To say Connor Harrison’s arrival was unexpected was an understatement – there was nothing to alert the Jedi to the planet, and the Rangers hadn’t expected a visit for weeks.

The night was crisp, the moon full and it cast a hazy blanket of mist across the snowy plains below. The outpost was surrounded by a forest dusted with snow and was erected on the site of a former castle that had eroded away with the cruelty of time and harsh weather. From here, the Sanctum had their eye on the planet and surrounding atmosphere. The outpost had retained some of the original architecture, and kept the twisting passageways, towers and underground catacombs for their practical use.

It was also here that Connor had made it quite clear that if any sort of ship not bearing Sanctum marks came into orbit, to take defensive action and call in the Jedi for assistance. He didn’t mention the rakghoul incident on Kulthis, but he did mention possible Sith activity in the area so everyone had to keep an eye out.
If the Sith was going to make her move from the West, this planet would be a perfect place to spot her.

Now. Leaving the landing ramp down on his ship wasn’t the most effective security measure, but with a Ranger on hand to keep an eye out, Connor didn’t bother. The stowaway Sith probe droid came to life once the ship had powered down at the base of the outpost in the erected hangar and silently floated out when the Ranger on patrol was on the other side of the small hangar.

The droid had its programme to follow via the control of [member="Eldaah Aderyn"] – 24hrs once activated until it moved out to secure a target for the virus injection...

Present Day...

Armed_Sheathipede_variant.jpg

SSC Shuttle
Travelling through Silver Sanctum Space
The probe droid had activated and chosen the closest human at the time, the new Ranger on duty, to attack and inject the virus into. Then, it was going to be minutes for mutation to take hold and the rakghoul burst forth from what was a human male, now a deformed vicious beast.

Connor replayed the distress call from the Outpost another time for those inside the shuttle, travelling as fast as it could to Galidraan.

”Emergency call! Code Red at Outpost GA-3 – we’re being hunted by….these creatures and losing men to them, and they’re mutating! Master Heavenshield, please help…. –“

A bloodcurdling screech followed a second later before the message abruptly ended. Connor had heard such a call before, on Kulthis, and he knew what was coming.

With little time he had, the Jedi rallied as many faces as he could en-route through the Temple to Grandmaster [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] to prepare him for what was happening. It didn’t take much for the noble leader to take up arms.

Now, the Jedi rescue team were approaching the planet and thus the outpost. Connor told them all inside the hold about the creatures – the mutated rakghouls.

"They have a weak underbelly from what I remember. Their skin is tough. Bone-like. They move in packs usually, and from what I heard they only survive in night. I don’t think we can harness the light of the sun with the Force, but if we lose them before sunrise, they will hide, and won’t come out until dusk, and we will have no way of finding them.”

The ship rocked gently.

"Like I said before we left, the woman behind this is a Sith and a very cunning one at that. She’s small, blonde and has a face like an angel. However some of you have met her before on Toola; head to toe in black and wearing a distinctive helmet. You should all know how our Rangers act and look, but if you see one who happens to look like her, take her down. She fooled me once, so she could fool any of us with her manipulation and deception.”

He looked at the faces, new and old, before him.

"You all know what we have to do – eradicate these creatures and reclaim our Outpost. If we lose today, these things will take down every planet in our system with their Sith master leading an rakghoul army.”

Connor’s voice went deadly serious.

"If one creature bites or scratches you, you’re dead. The virus will mutate your cells, break your bone and you will be trapped in the soul of the rakghoul forever serving the Sith. I order all of you; if you see one of us go down with a hit, Padawan or Master, you end it for them before the nightmare begins. Don’t let your emotion cloud your duty to the Order and each other.”

The 5 minute call until reaching their location came through.

"If you have questions – now’s the time.”

[member="Karen Roberts"] | [member="Matsu Ike"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"] | [member=Máni] | [member="Astrid Stormguard"] | [member="Abaigeal E'ron"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member=Nikias] | [member="Josiah Saedrin"] | [member="Abygail Ericson"]

She had been hiding from them all quietly living among them learning about them with Kei gone much of her desires to be here went with him. She did not know where he had gone or when or if he would be back. But when the emergency call rang out, this time Elara picked up her weapons and headed to the ship.

Blasters on one hip and a quiver full of quarrels for her new weapon. Something new that she had been playing with a bowcaster . She had to have some of the items changed to fit her build and strength and while she was stronger that average she was not stronger than a wookie, the bowcaster needed to have an automatic pull mechanism, once it sensed the quarrel in place it drew back locking in place. But. Being tenacious as she was, she practiced at loading it herself, building her strength.

It might not be advised to do this testing among the rakghoul but she was not one to ever be accused of lack of enthusiasm.

She was however reverting to old ways of solitude. Even as her gold flecked eyes looked around the ship, she wore some of the armor Kei had given her though she found most of it cumbersome .

[member="Connor Harrison"]
OOC: I can drop in here right?

Jenson Koraz breathed heavily, his blade up and mind solidly focused on his goal. The pounding from the other side of the door had become rhythmic, the incessant sounds of rakghouls banging on the durasteel turning almost into a song. He found himself humming along as the two surviving Rangers, who had taken refuge alongside him in the armory, scrounged for ammunition and weapons. They took bags and threw into them everything they could carry: ammunition packs, thermal detonators, even rocket launcher warheads. The soldiers didn't speak, but Jenson knew what they were thinking.

We're doomed.

Even though the thick blast door protecting the armory was too thick to be busted through, the two Rangers and one Jedi inside the armory had no food, and no water. With the loss of the communications system, they had no way of calling for help. Sooner or later, they would starve to death, if dehydration didn't kill them first.

Blocking out the sounds of pounding on the door, Jenson knelt down and began to meditate, focusing his mind on calling out through the Force. His message was simple and clear, and he hoped it would be heard.

I am here, Master, the Padawan called through the Force, Help me.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Matsu stood there listening to Connor as he spoke and the jedi master brushed at her robes with the protective armor underneath. THe lightbody armor was made to resist lightsabers and blasters while she could attune it with the force to be even stronger. Her toolkit and the channeling crushgaunts were a nice nee addition while she heard the things and was setting up the medical synthesizer kit along with the new field injectors. The small gun for the off hand made to extract samples quickly and get them into the machine to analyze them. "There are techniques to harness it for distraction but handling a rakghoul even a new strain has always been breaking it down."

That these were newer generations it meant the strain would be more pure in them, the stronger and less diluted from generation after generation of infection would be better and easier before she was touching some of the equipment. Her sabers going to her thigh clip as she touched the chakram sabers feeling the force energies rolling off of it. Her getsuga resting on her hip under the robe she was wearing over all of it. Her padawan as well as some of the others were here before she stood at the ready adjusting a few of the things. "Sorel be careful with these, we have the supplies we need and can use quickly. You have some training in dealing with things."

All of the work they had been doing and working on when facing creatures as well as Sorel's normal things as her master had brought an additional suit fitted to her size. Sasori light armor with the arms so her robes that were made stronger from the materials. There were some cases of the armor and equipment from Sasori for those who wanted to use them as she slid a hand over her robe offering a nod of her head. "Be safe and while we can look for ways the infected are lost." The jedi master straightened her neck guard holding it in place while sealing the suit with it all beefed up touching the belt on while she clipped it. "This could be fun."

Sitting there with my head held low. I could only think of the past few weeks that had been happening in my life. So much was changing. It was killing me with all of these missions that I was doing. Both with the Silver Jedi and with the Mandalorian Empire. Each and every minute I spent not around my father, I knew that we were growing apart. He tried to hard to stay with me. To forge a new relationship with his children because of his absence from our early years. He tried, I would give him that. But I needed to grow up. I was a young adult. I was coming of age, And I needed to learn when to let go of my past.

Holding the helmet in my hands, I looked down into the leather cap that would protect my head from the actual metal, and the many form of straps to keep the helmet upon my head. Jedi Master Harrison gave us the rundown. Kill anyone who had become bitten, or even scratched by this new strain of Rakgoul plague. I had not been able to kill a random man who was attempting to kill me. Would I really be able to kill someone who turned into one of these hideous creatures? Could, or would I be willing to even kill my sister or parents if I had to? I wasn't even paying attention to know if they had come or not. Considering my mother was a healer, she would try everything within her power to fix these people rather than fight.

After looking up finally for the first time in the entire ride to the planet, I noticed many were here. But I didn't see any of my families faces. And before they could see me, I pulled my helmet over my face and started tying up the straps. I could feel my eyes water as I was scared. I didn't know what to do. I held it in though. I held in the pain of not knowing what was coming next. I needed to fix this. I had to fix it. Because even a scratch from these creatures would turn us, I could not use a sword. Their blood were to enter someone's mouth, or they were to cut themselves on my sword? I would never forgive myself.

I carried only my blaster pistol, and my two lightsabers. One in its brilliant gold blade, and the second in its sinister crimson horror. I hid the crimson lightsaber. Keeping it tucked within multiple layers of clothing. I would only use it if absolutely necessary. Should I have to fight to protect everyone, at the cost of my own life, then so be it. I would not let any one of these people on this ship get hurt. That much, I could promise. That I would use every ounce of my power to prevent anything from happening. As for what may happen? There was only so much I could do.

My armor clinked as I closed my hand into a fist slowly. Feeling the force flowing strong within the ship. I tried to control myself. Sedating my desire to go on a complete rage against these creatures. I had to control my emotions. I let them take over more often than I had ever thought possible. Taking a hold of the lightsaber on my belt, I kept it close to myself and prepared for the worst.

"Where is the source of this plague... I assume it would be hidden somewhere so they could operate even when the sun is down. These creatures seem smarter than any other form of this viral outbreak before. We should be careful of more than just their bites and scratches Master Harrison."

Looking up at the man. Peering through the armor upon my head,

"I'm worried of those that hold more intelligence than we give them."

[member="Connor Harrison"], [member="Matsu Ike"], [member="Jenson Koraz"], [member="Elara Wahia"],

Connor smirked at [member="Matsu Ike"] – did nothing ever phase that one? [member="Zephyr Carrick"] asked the first question.

"On Kulthis, the virus was being tested in a village no longer there. It was destroyed. The Sith has some…control over them, or at least they know who NOT to attack. They are nothing more than a twisted Sith army; preying on innocents to create some new fighting force they can unleash while they cower at the back and watch. I suspect our lady will be planet side but her motives? I can’t say. I don’t know if she’s operating alone or if this is some precursor to a more sinister Sith invasion.”

The thought of that made Connor go cold.

"Eitehr way, we need to give the Sith a message if they think they can come into Sanctum space. It’s time to put a face to our name for them to remember.”

Valae stood in the middle of the shuttle, surrounded on all sides by her fellow Silver Sanctum members. The padawan’s heart was beating rapidly, as the urgency of their current situation was quite palpable. Valae’s sweaty palms clasped the front of her robes, and she was silently willing herself not to go completely pale. Her chestnut colored eyes shifted about slowly, studying the faces of those nearby... their expressions were solemn, brave, and illustrated their sense of duty well. But were any of them as nervous as she was?

Those that were close to Valae knew that she had reservations and self-doubt when it came to combat. The gentle woman preferred not to engage in fighting, and the thought of it was enough to send her moving in the other direction. However, today was not the day to be cowardly... it was time to stand tall, be courageous, and join her fellow Jedi in battle. She listened intently as Master Harrison explained the threat that they were up against, and his description of the creatures made her feel a bit nauseous. Could she cut down one of her peers if they became infected? She didn’t want anyone to suffer such a cruel fate, but she knew that she had little say in the matter.

She drew in a slow and deep breath, trying her best to steady her nerves. Today would be Valae’s true test, and she silently vowed to stay strong... for herself, for her friends, and for the Sanctum.

There was no place in the Galaxy for hordes of mutated zombies who sought to pass their disease and kill all that stood in their way. Vinterboud, Rakghoul, it made no difference... The very thought of more people losing their lives, becoming desecrated by this pestilence, made her blood boil

She would not stand for it.

So when a distress signal was sent to her Uncle Thurion the young Snowstrider was quick to assert herself as one of the Jedi who would be accompanying Master Harrison on the mission. Her Mother had spoken out against it - for had they not seen enough horrors of late? - but Mysa would not listen to reason.

Stood to one side within the shuttle, Mysa found herself listening intently to everything the Jedi Master had to say about the rakghoul. The more information they had, the swifter they could cull the spread of the disease before it got too far.

When he mentioned the fact that they required the night to survive, cogs already began to turn in her mind. Was there no way to enclose them in an open aired courtyard? That way if the battle was not over come dawn they would be unable to hide...

She didn't voice her thoughts, she wasn't that accustomed to joining the Sanctum on missions and thought it best if she just followed their lead for now. She was only a student, after all.

Making a mental note of the Rakghouls' weakspot, as well as the description of the Sith who was causing the outbreak, Mysa gave a very slight nod of her head. Deception was something her Mother was very good at spotting, but Mysa hadn't been born upon the Umbaran homeworld so it wasn't a trait she'd ever had need to develop.

Had her Mother not been so heavily with child, she might have proven useful. Alas, Mysa would have to rely upon her own instincts and pray that someone else found the Sith. It wasn't that she was a coward, simply that she didn't want to ruin the whole mission by her inexperience.

His final bit of information was perhaps the most daunting. Every time she had fought against a mighty foe she had found herself struck, even with the recent battle against the Vinterbound. The last thing she wanted was to become one of them. The last thing she wanted was to become the cause of so much pain.

Her fingers twitched at the saber on her belt. The Valkyri furs lay about her shoulders to stave off the cold of Galidraan, beneath which she wore a simple set of Jedi armor.

Would it be enough, though?

[ [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Jenson Koraz"] [member="Elara Wahia"] [member="Valae Kitra"] ]

It had been too long since they stood with each other. Syala couldn't entirely recall the last time she and [member="Connor Harrison"] had faced any kind of threat as a united front, but now was as good a time as any to remember just what that meant. And so she stood by his side in the hold of the vessel transporting them to the overtaken outpost, listening silently as he gave his speech, sightless eyes lowered as she drew on the Force in order to expel a calming aura about herself that would hopefully serve to relieve a fraction of the tension she could sense radiating from Masters and Padawans alike. This was not an easy day for anyone in the Sanctum, but just as with everything else, they would have to make it through.

She drew her robes closer about herself, taking careful notice of all that was made known in regards to these creatures. There would be no issue when it came to the matter of visual deception, as she was unable to perceive her surroundings in that plane to begin with. As always she would rely on her ethereal senses, the Force lending her a purity of vision that nothing else was able to provide. Her hand brushed across the hilt of her blade, a weapon she only took up in times such as these, when there was no other option. And she had volunteered for this mission, knowing Connor would no doubt be present. He always did have a way of finding himself in the most dangerous situations at any given moment.

"You're getting better at your speeches, I think, Master. That wasn't quite so bad." A smile turned up the corners of her mouth, and she looked up at him even if her eyes wouldn't allow her to glimpse upon his countenance. "Does this Sith that we're facing have a name? I would like to know more about just who we're up against, if it's all the same to you. I've not been so readily involved in this conflict, though the Force has granted me visions of these happenings in fits and bursts." As always, her perception of the future in that manner was still relatively sporadic, though she had gotten better at reigning it in when it was uncalled for. "It's been too long since we've done something like this together, wouldn't you say?"

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"], [member="Valae Kitra"], [member="Zephyr Carrick"], [member="Matsu Ike"], [member="Jenson Koraz"], [member="Elara Wahia"]

Connor turned to [member="Syala Daivik"] – the former Padawan who could see more without sight than anyone else he knew.

"Oh, thank you so much,” he said to her with a wry smile.

He took her question to the others.

"As for who this Sith is? The name she gave was Eldaah Aderyn. She also gave the impression she was far more powerful than what she let on. She uses concealment, deception and cowardice as her weapon – typical Sith calling card. She’s obviously into alchemy, so it’s not just the threat of a lightsaber you need to be ready to defend against, alright?”

The ship lurched gently, and he felt it turn and descended.

"Ok, we’re landing on the outskirt. I figure we are going to be expected, so keep your eyes and ears open. Do NOT find yourself on your own. If you do, you signal anyone close and we will find you. Stick together. We suss out the area, we take back the Outpost, we quell these beasts and hopefully get answers from Eldaah. And stay alive. Not too much to ask for one day out, is it?”

Connor forced a smile as he turned to Sy. "I like my little speeches I do.”

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Syala Daivik"] [member="Mysa Snowstrider"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Jenson Koraz"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Elara Wahia"]

Outpost infected. 99% of subjects transformed. Permission to move onto capital city?

'Permission granted three,' the message appeared on the probe droid's internal communication with its master. With a whir, it moved off towards the distant capital city, just before the ship carrying the Jedi arrived to the distress call that had been sent out. She wasn't personally on Galidraan, but she didn't need to be to observe the progress of the outbreak. Her probe had provided her with the access codes to the SSC outpost's communication and security systems, except for the second code needed to access the armory doors remotely.

Still, besides the few left and trapped in there, everything was going according to her plan.

The fact it had been an SSC outpost that Connor had landed at and inadvertantly brought the virus to was a lovely irony to her, but maybe one he hadn't picked up on yet. She was curious how the Jedi would react to seeing her project. From within the facility itself, the shrieks and screeches of the rakghouls could be heard... well some of them anyways. Others were being quiet, watching and waiting for anyone to foolishly stumble into the outpost.

OOC: I wasn't expecting so many posts before I woke up lol Anywho, I'm going to be placing the strengths and weaknesses of this strain here for you all to see. I only ask you don't immediately use the OOC knowledge IC, please learn it from IC sources and such. Thanks :)

[SIZE=9pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Extremely tough hide (allows the Sithspawn to take several blaster bolts and keep going, larger caliber weapons and lightsabers can still easily damage it)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Superior Strength (able to crush a humanoid’s skull with their bare claws)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Razor sharp claws and teeth (claws can cut through skin with no resistance, can’t penetrate armor)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Predatory senses (has very keen hearing and tracking skills)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Climbing skills[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Incurable (Virus’s structure is constantly shifting and evolving, making developing a cure or vaccine incredibly difficult/ next to impossible without having access to the base strain created in the lab)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Susceptible to fire (fire melts their hide and can kill them rapidly)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Blind (they are unable to actually see their prey, relying on sound and detecting movement)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Susceptible to Force Light and other light side techniques[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]+ Sunlight kills them (they will instead only hunt at night or lurk in dark spaces like caves)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]
[/SIZE]

His return to Voss alongside his family had been a breath of fresh air from the horrors and tragic loss encountered on their ancestral homeworld of Midvinter. After a period of healing spent at their vacation home on Tabaqui following the battle, Thurion was ready to get back in the saddle as Grandmaster of the Coalition, as well as get back in touch with his apprentice, [member="Valae Kitra"], and resume her training. It had not taken long, however, before a distress signal reached their perked ears.

Joining his old friend, Master [member="Connor Harrison"], on a mission to fend off a host of Rakghouls - hideous creatures capable of infection you with but a scratch or bite and turn you into one of them - Thurion brought his padawan along for some much needed time in the field together. She had progressed steadily since her introduction to the Jedi and the Force, and he was certain she was up to the task. She would only have had to say the word, however, and he would have let her remain on Voss. When she didn't, he knew she was truly ready.

While the others aboard the shuttle listened to the words of Master Harrison, Thurion placed a hand upon Valae's shoulder from behind. "You'll do fine, Padawan. Trust your instincts, and trust in the Force. I will be right beside you," he leaned closer to whisper past her ear. Before letting go he squeezed her shoulder lightly for comfort. His gaze wandered over to [member="Mysa Snowstrider"], who had also chosen to go on this mission. How she ever managed to persuade his brother into allowing her to do so, he'll never know.

Without a word he stepped towards the white-haired child and embraced her. Neither wore armour this time - he had no wish to don it again so soon, and instead wore his trusty leather jacket which had been with him since returning from his pilgrimage among the stars. No Valkyri blade rested at his side, but merely his lightsaber; on Midvinter he had been the son of the High King, fighting for his homeland. In his shoes now stood the Jedi - the man he'd been long before learning about his heritage.

"How are you holding up, Snowflake?"

Matsu was listening to the ones there while she raised an eyebrow but was looking up towards some of them but remaining collected. She simply offered a look while going over some of the other equipment and withdrawing one of the blasters as well as the gloves while touching the palm crystals. She had plenty to work with and hearing him describe got a small look of disappointment. She might be a sith but underestimating the abilities and implying they might be a coward was a dangerous game while she walked. "Care master Harrison, she might not lead her army from the front or be in the mud but experience has shown plenty of damage having a wall of deranged and violent meat shielding you can do.

If they buy her enough time swarming she could use some skills few have ways to defend against." She said few mostly because she had worked at it, the sigils the artisan's had created could defend the minds of people up to the degree of a phobis device and those were not easy to come by or still around, its defense against darkside abilities was also why she had worked hard to make them available to those who followed the light. She was adjusting her hair a little though when they were arriving with a small look clasping her hand behind her back. energy shifting while she let the area around slowly glow to conceal, to blend the ship and for a time those with her into the flow of the current.

"Be careful though, over confidence is dangerous. Temper it with a little doubt and you should be fine." Her face was expressionless feeling the energy while the green dome encompassing the ship and area to conceal them gave her a chance to test and stretch those muscles in the current training that were not as often used. Only in a few places could she really let loose as it were concealing with an illusion few aside from the elder fallanassi would see through. For sith without knowledge the the current it was a long lasting illusion like when the temple was concealed. She could do a lot here concealing herself and Sorel in the force and from sight before she spoke. "Stay close padawan, we'll be concealed until we find what we need."

The Valkyr had often found himself throwing himself into every piece of trouble and action that the SSC could offer since leaving Midvinter and arriving at the heart of SSC space, Voss. His glacial eyes held no trace of fear or emotion at the current situation, but his thoughts would say otherwise.

He would be a fool to enter into this with an absolute confidence, especially when the truth of the matter was, there was a slightly better than good chance that he could be infected by the creatures. A fact that was reaffirmed with Master [Member=Connor Harrison]'s detail of the mission and description of the enemy. Oddly, it brought some manner of peace to Máni as he now knew what to expect from the creatures.

He stood off to the side, his eyes looking at each member of the Silver Sanctum until they settled on two familiar faces, [Member=Mysa Snowstrider] and the Midvinter prince, [Member=Thurion Heavenshield]. He watched their embrace and waited patiently as the two relatives began to speak, until there was a break to bring his own words to the two.

Despite inner protests, he found his legs pulling him towards the Prince and the High Kings granddaughter, closing the distance in several even strides.

"The Gods will favor our actions." his voice rumbled with confidence and faith, showing his unyielding belief in his Gods and their activity in every aspect of a mortals life.

Josiah Saedrin

J
Josiah didn't really know what a rakghoul was. He'd never seen these creatures on his home planet and he barely ever made it to planets where they could be seen. So he guessed he was practically in a really bad situation at that moment. Even though many people had heard stories of these creatures, he hadn't been granted with such a luxury. So all he had was an estimation of what they could have been based on the speech of the man called Connor Harrison.

As the very first mission as a Jedi of the Silver Sanctum Coalition, this was rather amazing, yet dangerous at the same time. He had a lightsaber, yes, but that was it. He had very limited knowledge of the Force and even worse lightsaber training.

Yet he thought he would be able to defend himself and destroy a few of these creatures. Maybe with the aid of his blasters, he would be able to do some damage. Of course he wouldn't venture into the danger alone, as that would have been suicide. So he made a mental picture of who was in the team, trying to find somebody whom he could work together with.

It looked like most of the people there knew each other and he was just an alien in this community. But he told himself not to fear, as everybody had started out like that.

Master Harrison had answered my question. Saying that the intelligence behind them was the Sith. No doubt about that. More so, I was wondering how in the hell would they be able to tell the difference completely between one person and another by sound alone? Sure, they could smell the victim, but they would have to have prior knowledge of what to sniff out for. Just like hounds, they had to have a prior item to work off of. Knowing that, I was even more scared. Meaning that these sith knew about just everyone they would ever want to infect with this. Would a Master within the force become corrupted from this? Surely enough somehow there was someone that would be able to out live this.

Either way, I prepared myself. Even seeing the Silver Jedi GrandMaster join us. I knew of him and his recent exploits that were taking place off world. Xander, my father knew of this considering that my mother was on the council, as well as my father. As for why he returned? I have no clue. Still, I could see that they were joining up and talking about many things. Things that I should not interfere in. I thought about walking up and bowing to the Grandmaster, but I was sure that he had to deal with so many formalities every day. I knew that I would be bored of such an aspect.

Having to be formal all the time, I would only assume that this might be his chance to get away from all that... well this sure is one hell of a way not to be formal. I breathed in. Hearing myself echo in the helmet as I was rather loud with breathing in. Closing my eyes, I let my breath release out of my nose slowly. Standing up, the clinking of my armor was clear. I was wearing a set of armor meant to withstand a full on battle. I walked over towards the two. Even in my youth, I was fairly tall. Really close to my father's height, I seemed to tower over most other people here. But these Valkyri, they stood right at my own height. I didn't quite feel out of place with them. Considering that I used a sword, a "primal weapon" I guess you could say I would have liked to find some kinship between them.

"Hello, its nice to meet here with you all. However, I would have liked our meeting to be under better circumstances."

I would have to force myself to work as a team when all I wanted to do was go after this Sith girl and kill her myself. maybe take a few samples of these creatures, and kill the rest. Either way, I needed to learn how to work together as a team. Not play the lone wolf card.

[member="Máni"], [member="Matsu Ike"], [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], [member="Eldaah Aderyn"], [member="Connor Harrison"], [member="Syala Daivik"], [member="Mysa Snowstrider"], [member="Valae Kitra"], [member="Jenson Koraz"], [member="Elara Wahia"], [member="Josiah Saedrin"],

She did not have much to say yet she listened her exceptional hearing allowed her to hear more than many others around her, some had equal skills some had less but excelled in others. She only hoped she could fall in with them and find being at their sides easier than fighting her way off of Nar Shaddaa long ago.

She could see extremely well too it was said her species was built for war, perhaps she did not know. Many of her kind stayed away from off worlders they were unpredictable. She had learned differently that some where very predictable, others could be shooed away easily.

Emotions quivered in all their voices try as they might to hide it, the strength and calm of a leader, the anxiety of the newly recruited, the wisdom of the seasoned Elara knew all these tones, others around her knew them too if they listened. One had only to listen.

"Master Jedi [member="Connor Harrison"]" Elara stood up, "I can see up into the ultra violet perhaps I can be of some help to those that cannot in searching for these creatures where they hide" Elara had not volunteered for anything either in a long time.

[member="Josiah Saedrin"] [member="Máni"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Eldaah Aderyn"] [member="Syala Daivik"] [member="Mysa Snowstrider"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Jenson Koraz"]

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Sorel was no stranger to danger - she saw it an inevitable occupational hazard. So she thought nothing of accompanying her Master on this journey. Not that she was blasé about risk - she was careful and less impetuous the older she got, but she would not shy away from her duty.

But the suit of light armour her Master had brought was both a welcome addition but also a reminder to the Padawan that despite having the Force as an ally, she needed to take every precaution that was offered.

Of course the pair of them often had a different definition of 'fun' than the average person, or even Jedi, but there was something about pushing yourself that felt right to Sorel. Easy and safe? It seemed to her a Jedi wasn't required on those occasions.

So she listened to the wisdom of the older Jedi and absorbed as much information as she could to assist her in the challenge ahead.

[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Connor Harrison"] @everyoneelse:p

The landing lights came on from the belly of the ship over the virgin snow below.

Inside the transport, the hold lights came on to illuminate the Jedi preparing for what terror lay ahead.

"We're here.”

snow_fort_by_travis_anderson-d8b8jmq.jpg

The night was here. The landing ramp would be open for them to disembark at a partially destroyed camp. Part of the outpost itself - a watchtower. Pipes and steel were crushed and bent. Fabric torn and flapping in the cool wind. Blood on the snow left a grizzly clue as to what fate had been dealt to the Rangers on duty.

In the distance, a clear path to the forest and the Outpost itself.

There is an eerie silence bar the fabric blowing, the wind whistling and the hum of the transport engine.

"We don't stop for anything until we reach the outpost! Stick together and keep your eyes open - remember, these beasts feed on movement. You see one, you move slowly and carefully. DO. NOT. RUN.”

Dark and difficult times lie ahead for our heroes.

Matsu was looking at them all and it was interesting when they arrived. THen she was hearing connor and her face went blank, much like her padawan she internalized and when in the company of comrades there was a chance to be happy or show emotions but out here in the field they were jedi. Her gaze fell on the outpost while she moved forward into the snow letting the current conceal but was reaching out with her force senses. Shifting the senses to look at different things while wondering why these ranger's hadn't been in the full kit Willa had made her teams wear. SOmething for another time though while she crouched down towards the snow and tapped a finger to it.

Her senses returned to normal and focused on everything around while pushing some energy to expand a field of detection. The sensation of force users going to her senses as she didn't know many of them but the ones she did know felt like a dull ping while the new ones were a ringing. She had worked with Corvus for the two of them to develop the senses a jedi needed as she was reaching into the force around the world. Generating small whisps of white energy that could be pulled to her and used as she spoke. "[member="Sorel Crieff"], I do hope all of those adventures have taught you some of the nice skills my padawans. I think you'll get to see why sometimes it is nice to dabble."

She spoke and it was careful while holding her hand out flat against the snow ... Then slowly circling it with a clear indent of powder raised to the sides like a ring. Her detection field while slowly spikes formed shifting with the small movements beneath her hand in the ring. "Life detection was a move create by the ancient jedi and used by the shadows. It allows a skilled user to sense all force users within a radius and know who they are without moving. They will also be able to know where they are and when they move or scratch their nose. Combine it with skills to shape the elements and you can reveal for those not trained a location." She waited for Sorel to come and was hoping [member="Connor Harrison"] was listening.

"It takes a lot of effort to hide from the sense, more skill then most will have." So... she was watching it for a moment while pointing. "This is us, the concentrated gathering of force users, if anything comes within range we'll be able to see it for now." She kept focused on it and was letting the others move around and shift to get a better sense of them, if she had the time she would recommend everyone know how to make a force call in case of problems of send up glowballs should there be danger but she didn't know if they had that training. She was only certain of one of them for sure when it came to what kind of training they for situations like this. "Connor you should have an emergency rendezvous point setup."

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Elara Wahia"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Josiah Saedrin"] [member="Máni"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Syala Daivik"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Mysa Snowstrider"] [member="Jenson Koraz"] [member="Jericho"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom