Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Republic Faction Ad

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
1048-banner-1514745464.jpg

Who are we?

We are a continuation of the attempts to create a government and people who are built to uplift its fellow man and to defend those who live within and stand beside the values of peace, prosperity, and protection. While we have splintered and the old loyalists of the Republic have long vanished, a few continue to uphold its values in one for or another, uniting under the flag of the Republic and situating themselves once more on Carida.

The Republic stands to defend any world that seeks out a place where freedom, justice, and democracy are upheld, providing a government directly accountable to its worlds. A place where any being can grow to the highest rungs of society or remain that smuggler with a heart of gold, moving supplies and medicine to worlds who’s people need support.

Be they Warlords, Slavers, Cultists, or simply the puppets of some external force. The Republic will stand in opposition, ready to remove such orders from their place and reinstate the rights of those who had been held captive.

The Republic does not seek war, and it will not commit any crime against the people of the galaxy, but it will not stand idly by as the world's around them are pressured by those who would. The Republic will rise up and do all it can to defend those worlds, ready to ensure their prosperity, through the faith of its people, and the men and women who defend it.

For the Republic!

15e1d3e303a53d1c091e7a524b43eaf5aeaa0502_hq.jpg

The Republic Army

The Republic Army is an all-volunteer, multispecies Army whose mission is to preserve the peace and security of the Republic while providing for its defense as well. It is also tasked with overcoming any nation that through aggressive actions threaten not only the peace and security of the Republic but of the galaxy as a whole.

The Republic Army is the main land-based branch of the Republic Military, with the Republic Marine Corps following as a close second. It consists of various different units and commands. A few notable commands are High Command, HIGHCOM, whose role it is to manage and dish out orders to the entire Army, Tactical Command, TACCOM, is charged with carrying out aforementioned orders through the tactical deployment of troops and creation of strategy.

The Republic Army also employs it’s very own intelligence service separate from the SIS. The Army Intelligence service, AIS, is responsible for collecting, reviewing and disseminating mission-critical intelligence.

Of course, like most modern militaries the Republic Army doesn’t just rely on your standard type of soldier and employs various special forces units that along with units from the Marine Corps are all grouped under Special Operations Command, SOCOM.

The Army’s contribution to SOCOM is through the Army Rangers and the Army Commandos. The Army Rangers are an elite light infantry units whose job usually consists of shock and awe assaults on the enemy. The Army Commandos take a much more covert approach and usually operate behind enemy lines training locals to fight against their common enemies though the Commandos are often sent on high-intensity raids and conduct counter-terrorism missions as well.

17190543832423.jpg
The Republic Navy

The New Republics Navy is an entity formed through the integration of numerous foreign forces, planetary defenses, and former Remnant and Rebel commanders, creating a force with experienced and disciplined individuals who have seen war under the leadership of The Dominion, The Remnant, The Alliance and the Galactic Republic itself.
Such a diverse entity brought with it the ability to adapt and improvise, improving from learned mistakes and taking a sizable volume of intel on the ships used by governments throughout the galaxy, be they friend or foe.

The Navy in its current iteration seeks to change some of that disunity, creating a structured and efficient fighting force able to operate in several theatres without the support of the other republic branches and to be able to support and transport the personnel of those other forces without any issues. In order to do this, the Republic has learned from the lessons of the past and see a highly sectioned and sector dependent fleet, one without unified doctrine, rank structure, and command as highly dangerous to that mission.

The Republic has adopted a very militarized and almost imperial structure to its military for this reason, while ensuring the oversight of the branch by the Senate and Republic High Command. The chief officer of the Navy remains the Fleet Admiral, overseeing the deployment of the Republic sector fleets and the direct superior to the sector Fleet admirals and Naval Intelligence. Beneath him are the Admirals, and their own Vice admirals, commanders of the Republics sector fleets and operational units. They are the ones protecting the worlds of the Republic, leading the crews and marines who defend the republic, and ensure that their people do not tarnish the Republics mission and its honor.

Beneath those leaders are the Marines and Crews who stand between the civilized and free worlds of the Republic, and those who would take those freedoms and run them through the mud. These Men and Women of the Galaxy, who come from the slums of Coruscant, or the palaces of Alderaan, are the lifeblood of the Republic Navy and it is those many who the republic needs.

Enlist today, and defend a brighter future for the Republic, the Core Worlds, and eventually the Galaxy as a whole.

2824f06c67b8752c8784b1b4807847cf.jpg

The Republic Senate

The Republic Government is split between three branches, the Judicial, legislative and executive. Each has their own powers and realms of responsibility but can act as checks against the others in order to ensure the Republic does not repeat history once more.

The lessons of Palpatine and more recently Genevieve Lasedri has forced the hand of the Republics leadership to separate the Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor and their cabinet from the Senate entirely, allowing only a spectator role to the executive branch and only serving as the last barrier for a law to be enacted, having the veto power on any law going through the Senate.

But, should the senate decide by two thirds vote a second time on the law, the chancellor is unable to veto it that time. This is the basis for the Republic’s check and balance system, ensuring that no individual gains overwhelming power of the republic's government. Outlined in the Republics Charter more clearly creates these barriers between the Judicial, Executive, and the Legislative Branch, but within these paths allow for growth and a path to success for any who seek it.

It is these lawmakers, judges, and representatives for the people of the Republic that fight on a different battlefield, the one behind closed doors and in the rooms where it happens.

They make the deals with the companies who build the military’s weapons, or those that grow the food the people. They employ the republics law enforcement and determine the funding for all those who serve to make the republic stronger. They are the frontline of diplomacy with member worlds, neutral worlds, and foreign governments who exert their own dominion over the galaxy.

And all are elected by the people of the Republic, accountable to the Republic’s people and can just as quickly lose the power they fought to gain if they do not do their job.

---------------------------------------------
OOC Information/Final Note

Heyo all, speaking to ya directly now.

So, many of you know me already. But for those that don't, I am Glyph and I wish to invite you all to join me in this attempt at reviving the Republic again. Before you guys start saying it, yes, I know that this is the 5th time a Republic has been attempted and only twice has it been given a Major Faction status. None the less, im stubborn and I want to see the Republic succeed and florish. The Reason I am doing this rather than joining up with another faction is because of the fact that the Republic I had in mind is more in line with the post Prequils type, and follows the Legends progression. There will always be alterations, but that is why this is being posted.

So I welcome all questions and invite you to join the discord and talk to me in person. I cannot do this alone and I do ask that if you join, you help grow the Republic and build something you are happy to be apart of. I am merely here to give the place for people to do so, nothing more and I want to hear all the ideas I can that would help create a welcoming environment.

I do invite both interested members and people from other factions to talk, create links with people and create threads with other factions so that we can do stories with other groups and have rather extensive stories built up.

Well, I wont drag on, the link is below and I cant wait for others to show up.

If you have any questions and prefer to use the forum, post below and I will gladly answer them, I will also have below a link directly to the faction page which is currently being rebuilt and cleaned up so that we might have a clean and fresh start.

Faction Page: The New Republic Page

Discord: https://discord.gg/E89pDK4

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom