Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atsushi Ono

A
Wolf1.png

chris-anderson-09a-mando-sm-tweek.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Fun location to train Mandos
  • ​Image Credit: "mandalorian coliseum" by, chris anderson; Sigil Edited by [member="Cynthia Solus"]
  • Canon: No
  • Links: None
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Structure Name: The Nest
  • Classification: Training Facility
  • Affiliation: House Skirata
  • Accessibility: Easily accessible at various times of day, almost 24/7. Sits on the edge of a canyon overlooking a fertile valley and old, shut down beskar mine. The valley holds a small farming village. The land is owned by House Skirata and its member Clans, but anyone is free to live in the Valley. The Nest has one medium sized landing pad for starfighters and lightfreighters, but is easily accessible by foot or landspeeder.
  • Description: The Nest was once a grand coliseum of the Mandalorian people where man fought both man and beast. Slaves from conquested worlds, prisoners of war, and droids all worked here thousands of years ago until the building was purchased by House Skirata along with the large plot of land that it resides in. Most of the building had to be refurbished in order to be usable and continuously undergoes upgrades in the pit, however the exterior remains untouched. Large beskar pillars holding bright florescent lights illuminated the arena area and cracked, stone bleachers circle the fighting stage. There are many arenas like this dotted across Mandalore, but House Skirata fitted its underground and staging areas to cater to their needs specifically which included a large power generator, several pit droids and DD-6s for fixing up Bes'uliik etc. The building came under the protection of Clan Trest some time after the Yuuzhan Vong War and they have called this place home ever since. A large portion of the Pit is dedicated to their living space. It is also used as a Limmie field by local children, official Mandalorian teams, and in interplanetary matches.
POINTS OF INTEREST
The Pit: One part armory, one part small workshop, one part recharge station, the Pit is where the training bes'uliik are kept as well as several live fire and training blasters, blades, staves, etc. Its run by a very proud, small clan of House Skirata called Clan Trest.

Clan Trest Home: Where the immediate family of Clan Trest's Alor live. Has basic amenities of any apartment or home on Mandalore, albeit a little older than standard. Includes a medium sized dining room, Master Bedroom, living room, two refreshers, and two spare rooms for the Alor's children.

Clinic: A medical droid along with first-aid supplies. By no means state of the art, its more of a room to stabilize serious injury at most and at best just fixing up some minor scrapes.

Helm of Kal Skirata: The helmet of Kal Skirata resides in the Pit alongside the helmets of many other great House Skirata leaders.
SECURITY
Low-Medium:
The Nest is owned and protected by the immediate family of Clan Trest, though not much security is required here as it is simply a family training facility. No cash is held here, though millions of credits worth of House Skirata artifacts and old Bes'uliik are kept here. While the place technically is a stockpile of training weapons, old live fire weapons, and bes'uliik, if there isn't anyone practicing or its past midnight its just the current Alor of clan Trest and his immediate family living there (Alor, Wife, a pair of underage twins). Obviously its never a good idea to attempt to attack a building full of Mandalorians though. During the day, especially at peak hours, it would be stupid to try to assault this place.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
For hundreds of years the arena was used by Mandalorians to settle blood feuds and many a challenge for Mand'alor had been fought here. During the Crusades it was a place of Mandalorian entertainment where slaves, droids, beasts, and prisoners of war of the Republic were forced to fight for their lives against one another and Mandalorian Champions. when a fighter killed a Mandalorian the tradition was to offer the fighter a chance to join their ranks and fight for the glory of Mandalore, taking the fallen warrior's name and casting their old name away. After the Crusades this arena and many like it across Mandalore fell into disrepair as the fighters rebelled in the Mandalorian's time of weakness. Officially the arenas were shut down after the Mandalorian Civil War when Jaster Mereel brought about a new age for the Mandalorians. The land would eventually be purchased by House Skirata sometime before the Vong war after which Clan Trest of House Skirata would take over the site at the wish of their Alor. The arena became a training ground for Mandalorians of House Skirata and its member Clans training their warriors how to shoot, fight hand to hand, fight as teams, and ride Bes'uliik, which is still the function of the site.

[member="Dorn Skirata"]

Alright, overall I think this looks solid, a Mandalorian coliseum seems like a pretty cool idea. Very Spartacus. Just gonna need a couple of things before I can pass this up the chain.

First, it would seem you've forgotten to fill out the out of character information section. I need you to cite your image sources, describe a bit about your intent with this location, and preferably clean up the canon and links portion (keep the fields there but blank) if they aren't relevant to the submission.

Dorn Skirata said:
  • Accessibility: Easily accessible at various times of day, almost 24/7.
Could you expand a little more on this? Accessibility usually pertains in part to where specifically on a planet or in an environment a structure is located. What do its surroundings look like? How do most people travel there? Easily accessible is fine, I'd just like to know a little more about in what ways.

Dorn Skirata said:
SECURITY
The Nest is owned and protected by the immediate family of Clan Trest, though not much security is required here as it is simply a family training facility. No cash is held here, though millions of credits worth of House Skirata artifacts and old Bes'uliik are kept here.
Per the latest codex updates, I need you to give me a security rating for this location. You can choose from: None, Low, Medium, High, Maximum.

I would also like to know if these bes'uliik are relevant to the security of this structure beyond their value. Since bes'uliik training is a part of this facility's day to day operations, are they something that could be used to assist in fending off an attack? Or is there some factor that limits their use in a real battle? The same goes for the other training material on site, is this a stockpile of small arms for young warriors to practice with? May be something to factor into your security rating.

Lastly, I would recommend that you add a point of interest briefly detailing the living quarters you mention in your description. I don't need a whole floor plan, but at a glance it appears as if the arena is the only part of this structure. Mainly curious if its more like a barracks or if there are individual rooms.

[member="Dorn Skirata"]

Changes all look good to me. One last question before I feed you to my dark masters, is the clan sigil an original creation or do you have an art source you can link for that as well?

Atsushi Ono

A
[member="Zark"] it was manipulated for me by a member of the community. I've tagged them in the image credit post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom