Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Need for Speed

xiqfVVX.png

"I think I see why you took so long."

She'd gone to change. He didn't expect that. He just thought that she'd head out back, grab her speeder, and then they'd be off. Instead he was hovering on his board, idly spinning in place. Keeping himself entertained. When she finally did return though his bored expression lit up to one of pure excitement. He was ready and rearing to go.

"Let's go! I want to go fast."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Wedding Ring

Valery pouted just a little at his reaction, "I didn't take that long, you know." Or had she? She actually had no idea how long she had been gone — the thrill of going out for a ride with her son messed with her perception of time. She was just way too excited, and getting ready for the ride was an important part of that.

Especially with just how fast her bike could go.

"It's also not that comfortable riding this bike in a dress. But... now I'm ready." She grinned, pulled on the throttle to let the engine roar a little for him, and shot him the most smug grin she could.

"Try to keep up, alright?"

And she blasted off. The entire purpose of this bike, built professionally by a Jedi who knew what he was doing, was to reach speeds no person should ever be allowed to go. But much of Niv Hani had no traffic or roads, so no speed limits either! She took that to heart, as she moved towards the mountain range at an absurd speed.

"This path through the mountains is going to be great! I'm sure you'll love the view!" she called out over the wind.

xiqfVVX.png

Frankly put, any length of time was too long for Aris. He had his new board, and the brief flight he took wasn't anywhere close to enough for him to fully enjoy the absolute speed he could go. He needed more, wanted more. The moment she finally took off? He kicked it right to max to keep up. The only thing that made the grin on his face wider was the fact that she was also going just as fast.

Maybe a little faster, but as he crouched he was able to keep up.

"I'm sure I will! How often do you travel it, mom!?"

jTLKMCN.png

HAIuSyi.png

Is that so?

Valery grinned and accelerated just a little more. She wasn't about to let her son beat her at her own game. He was quick, strong and a true Noble at heart, but she was the Noble. At least, for now. There would be a day in the future when her kids would rival her in a lot of the things she was good at. It'd be different for each one, since their skills and abilities varied so much, but it was wonderful all the same.

What Mother wouldn't want their children to do just as good, or even better? More importantly, though, she wanted them to be just as happy with life.

"Not as often as I'd like!" Valery called out before she slowed down just a tad to be alongside him. "It's beautiful out here, but it just isn't as fun when you're alone, you know?" She was all about sharing her joy and places of happiness with her family, so this is what made it fun to her.

That he was with her.

"But I have a feeling that might change now. If you don't mind going out for rides with your Mom~" she teased just a little.

xiqfVVX.png

"I don't, if I'm being honest." He was fine with being alone, and honestly now that he saw this path he'd likely go on as often as possible. If he was allowed to go by himself, anyway. That was something he'd have to ask his mom about later, but right now he was just excited to run through the path for the first time with her. He leaned farther down, crouched, just to try and keep up even as she was ahead of him.

"I think I'd like that a lot! Together. Do we get hot cocoa when we get back?"

jTLKMCN.png

HAIuSyi.png

She could have seen that answer coming. Much like his father, Aris could easily do these things alone and still have a good time. Valery was a little too social for it, though she didn't need much either. She just felt at her happiest when she could share something fun with her husband and children.

Which is why she usually dragged Kahlil along for these trips. Not that he minded that much.

"Cocoa?" Valery chuckled and looked ahead with a growing smirk. "If you want cocoa when we're back home, I'll make you a cup. First though, let's park up ahead for a moment!" She exclaimed as they reached an open plateau at the edge of the mountain cliff. There was a bench there where people could sit and enjoy an amazing view from, and Valery stopped right besides it.

"I brought sandwiches and more of the fruit juice I made. I figured we could eat lunch and chat before we go down the other side of the mountain and head back."

xiqfVVX.png

"Yes."

Was his steadfast answer. Any chance to enjoy cocoa was one he was automatically going to take up, no matter the situation. Well, most situations. When she finally came to a stop he almost sped right by before he swung the board around, blinking in surprise. He fully expected them to speed along the whole trail until it either got too dark or he ran out of gas.

Likely he ran out of gas.

Instead he came to a pause beside her, still hovering on his board as he looked out at the view. And smiled.

"Niv Hani is really beautiful."

He sat on the board then, clicking a button to it gently settled just above the ground in a hover mode. "What kind of sandwiches?"

jTLKMCN.png

HAIuSyi.png

Of course, he wanted Cocoa. Whether it was winter or summer, he'd always want a cup if she made it. She wouldn't openly admit it, but it was a little thing between them that she really liked and probably meant more to her than most would expect. Kahlil knew, of course, and he was quite the tease about it.

"I love the view from up here," Valery agreed while she dug around in her bag to get the sandwiches out. She knew he likely wanted to blast their way along the trail, so it'd just be a short little break. Unless he had an awful lot he wanted to talk to his Mother about, of course.

"All kinds. Peanut butter, jelly, a mix of the two, and also some with cheese or ham." She opened up her bag and offered it to him. No matter what, she'd always let her kids choose first. They needed to eat well, after all, and she wouldn't ever want to put herself above them.

"I'm glad you still enjoy hanging out like this," Valery began as she looked out across the horizon. "Some kids your age get very rebellious and don't want to spend as much time with their parents anymore." She chuckled and turned her gaze back to him to see which sandwich he picked.

xiqfVVX.png

Aris reached in blindly, snagging whatever sandwich he'd end up getting to take a bite and chew idly. His focus really was on the view before them, his smile soft as he just took in he nature that was here. He was a true Epicanthix; beauty was something to always appreciate. It ended up being a peanut butter sandwich, which as ever he chewed and enjoyed before he blinked and glanced to Valery again.

"Mm. I wouldn't say I don't want to spend time with you, but I also don't mind just being by myself. I'm comfortable being alone, as much as I am being around you, dad, the others, my friends. I might want more time alone eventually, but not right now at least."

jTLKMCN.png

HAIuSyi.png

Jelly.

Of course, it had to be jelly. Valery looked at the sandwich she had randomly snatched herself and chuckled. A part of her had expected that she'd never want to touch jelly again after her pregnancy. The evenings of scooping out several jars with a spoon were over, after all. But even now, she liked it.

"Which is completely fine," Valery said with a smile. "We're all different and there's nothing wrong with wanting some time for yourself. I know your siblings don't always make that easy, but you don't have to feel like you need to always give them attention." Vera understood this and gave Aris plenty of space, but the little ones didn't think about it like that yet.

They just loved their big brother.

"That said, when you do feel like spending some time with me, I'm always here for you." She took a bite from her sandwich but kept looking at her son.

Sometimes, she still couldn't believe her dreams about being a Mom came true.

xiqfVVX.png

"They haven't bothered me yet. But I'm also pretty good at just leaving when I feel I should." When he needed space, he was sure to get it. Aris didn't believe in sugarcoating things or being dishonest with his intentions. If he wanted to be left alone, he made sure he was clear about it. He took another bite, chewing idly as he looked out over the view.

"Good. I have a lot I'm still tying to figure out, so.. It's good that I can ask you questions still."

jTLKMCN.png

HAIuSyi.png

"That's good," Valery said with a chuckle. "They really look up to you, you know?" Perhaps he did because he was a quick learner and able to pick up on things. But things related to emotions weren't always the easiest, so perhaps he just looked at it as sibling love and affection. But Valery knew there was way more to it than that.

Especially from Adam.

"Adam told me just a night or two ago that he wants to be like you. He was playing pretend with Aeryn and he was pretending to be you." It was the cutest thing, to see them play with their action figures, dolls, and stuffed animals. The imagination was wild, as one would expect from a Noble, but there was something very sweet to it as well.

Hearing that he had questions, Valery perked up and smiled, "Well, is there anything you want to talk about now? We have time if something comes to mind."

xiqfVVX.png

"Pretending to be me?" Aris tilted his head. Had he done something that was worth emulating? He couldn't think of anything specific, but if Adam was then he'd make sure to at figure out what it might've been. If only so he might keep up what's good and what's not to act like in Adam's eyes.

Not for the pressure of it, more just so he didn't do something bad for a boy his age to copy.

"What does it mean to be a Jedi, to you specifically?"

jTLKMCN.png

HAIuSyi.png

Valery chuckled, "Mhmm. It's something a lot of little kids like to do. They have heroes or people they think are very cool, and in their imagination, they just want to be like them. In your case, you're strong and fast, and your dueling practice with Seszil is very interesting to see. The little ones love to watch you." Which also meant that they wanted to be just like him. In terms of strength, speed, and just how cool their big brother was.

Both Aeryn and Adam, but the latter really looked up to his big brother.

The question that followed brought a smile to Valery's lips. In a way, it was one of the first things she had talked to Kahlil about when they first met, too.

All those years ago on New Cov.

"To me, it means a willingness to sacrifice your own needs and desires for another. Selfless help, even at a high risk or with a high cost. It means respect for the Force, and wanting to use it to benefit others, and not yourself," Valery explained. "But it also means simpler things to me. Kindness, compassion, and even love."

She looked down at her own hand and flexed her fingers. The golden band around her ring finger represented love to her, and it not only gave her strength but helped her understand other people better.

"It means that your life is about more than just yourself."

xiqfVVX.png

"Mm. I guess that makes sense."

He hadn't felt like that about- He paused, looking to his mother again. Then smiled. Right. He had absolutely felt that way about someone. Wanting to be like them. He took another bite of his sandwich, turning his eyes back out to the view as he listened to her describe what she believed was Jedi. He nodded. "That's sort of what I thought, yeah. I wasn't sure how to phrase it, though. .. Thank you."

jTLKMCN.png

HAIuSyi.png

Valery reached into her lunch pack and grabbed a bottle of the fresh juice she made. She offered it to her son and looked at him with a motherly smile. That look on his face was familiar. He very much looked up to her, and with his desire to become a Jedi Battlemaster one day, he was essentially trying to be like her. Along the way, he'd more than likely develop his own style and perhaps lean more toward certain forms over others.

But he'd have to learn everything, the way she once had.

"Of course. When I was your age, I didn't really think about those questions at all. I was... a little more like your sister. I was very good at the more practical things and those lessons motivated me the most. But if you spend enough time around Jedi, you learn more than how to use a lightsaber."

"Your Master, your Dad and I, and even just random Jedi you meet — we'll all tell or teach you things that will stick until long after we're gone."

xiqfVVX.png

"That's how it's been so far. I've learned a lot so far, from a lot of people. It's been.. Really nice." A lot nicer than he'd assumed it would be. He smiled calmly, again taking another bite of his sandwich. It didn't matter their rank, their age, or even if they were part of the Jedi or not. He'd learned a lot he wouldn't have just from his books, and certainly more than just his style with a lightsaber.

"Thank you, for bringing me here."

jTLKMCN.png

HAIuSyi.png

"You don't have to thank me, sweetie." Valery chuckled and looked over at him with a smile brighter than the sun, and nothing but motherly love in her eyes. It wasn't that long ago that Valery found herself in the mountains of New Cov, looking across a valley just like this one, hoping that she could one day experience what it would be like to become a Mother. What it felt like to look into your children's eyes and see their unconditional love.

She felt blessed that he wanted to be here with her.

"I'm honestly very happy that you wanted to come with me." She stood up, having finished her sandwich, and placed her hands on her hips to gyrate them around and loosen herself up after sitting for a while. She then then turned back to him, that smile spreading into a proper Noble grin, and looked down at his board.

"Do you want to swap places for the ride back? You driving my bike and I give your little invention a try?" Maybe he wasn't confident about driving her bike, or maybe he didn't want to give up his board. But worth a shot, right?

xiqfVVX.png

Swap places? Aris hummed in thought, glancing again to his shoddy looking board, then to the very expensive, cleanly designed speeder. She was giving him the choice? "Yes, I will take the speeder back." Whenever offered something, Aris always took it, without hesitation even. if someone was going to offer him something, he figured that meant they were sure, and that he shouldn't hesitate on answering with what he wanted.

"Are we going to race? I'm good for racing. I know the path back at least."

jTLKMCN.png

HAIuSyi.png

"Oh now you want to race, hm? After swapping bike and board?" Valery was purely teasing him, of course, but that likely felt very familiar to him. In some ways, Vera and Valery were exactly the same, and teasing was one of those things they both loved way more than they should. Similarly, Aris was almost as good at handling it as Kahlil was, and that usually meant trouble for the girls at the Noble household.

Not that she'd get out-teased by her son.

"Alright then, let's do this." Valery stood up and walked over to his board. Luckily, he was just as tall as she was, so the size of the board was actually perfect. She got settled on top, tested her balance and flashed him a grin.

"On the count of three?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom