Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Moross Covent - Faction Ad

Who are the Morossi?

The Moross Covent is a minor faction that is based off of the Older Major Faction "The Moross Crusade." The Crusade was started by three individuals who falsified their identities as Aesirs, Godly or Divine beings of a Religion based around a Pantheon that is worshiped by many. The followers and the major faction gained a lot of traction with the idea of Unifying the Kathol Outback with the planet of Exocron, A once mythical Garden World that voyagers believed to be a Heaven within the galaxy, under one banner.
Using these Aliases, these men formed the religion and from it, gained a very large following. While some of the men were replaced by utilizing the Mythology that an Aesir is only taking the form of a Mortal for a short time, and will be replaced at some point by a different Aesir of the Pantheon at a later date. Either at the death, or personal choice of leaving to return to the Great Hall. The Aesirs use a Mortal body as a host, while their immortal soul can move between the two planes of existence.
Some of the men were replaced by other Gods and Goddess of the Pantheon while the Religion seemed to double in size overnight. Making deals with other Factions such as The Omega Protectorate, and The Lords of the Fringe. However, it seemed this was short lived.
During the Galaxy wide destruction of planets by a being known only as Akala, named the Netherworld Event, had fractured the structure of the Moross Crusades. Namely, the Aesirs had left and were proposed to have returned to the Great Hall as their defending of the Galaxy took much of their strength. As such, the Influence of the Religious Faction fell and broke apart into ruins.
Many of the previous members still survived and held onto the followings and teachings of the Book of Moross, One of these members was known as Zoey Marix. While she had been trapped in the Netherworld, and lived there in their distorted time of hundreds of years, something changed her into believing that she was the Aesir of Kalee the Blade. This woman has then returned to Exocron proclaiming the return of the Aesirs and the Unification of their religion once more.

Religion
The Morossi People follow the teachings of their Pantheon of Aesirs, or Divine beings who take the form of a mortal in our world to lead them, show them, and guide them to their form of Heaven known as, The Great Hall. This Great Hall has been told to be a large and ever growing home of the Morossi people for which the greatest of desires can be fulfilled. However, to be in this Great Hall, one must earn their way. This is determined by the Aesirs themselves after one perishes.
The Aesirs are beings of Divine power, and immortality from the Great Hall who are the Pillars of the Religion. These Ten Divines take turns of inhabiting the galaxy. With only three at a time allowed to be in the mortal realm. This triumvirate of Aesirs can be a mix of any of the ten divine. Each having a different purpose, motive, or beliefs of the Galaxy, they lead the devout followers in their own way to reach the Great Hall. Such as with the Aesir Inari the Reviver. She is known as the kindest of the Aesirs. The natural healer, her purpose is to aid those in need, in pain, or otherwise be the good Samaritan to those around you. Unlike her brother Aatrox the Deceiver, who's agenda is to bring glory to himself, and those who follow him by any means necessary. Not above using deceitful lies, trickery and Coupes to get what he desires.
While the Aesirs themselves are the source, and the backbone of the Religion, They cannot always be there for every follower and disciple. Thus, they have their "Chosen" or in essence, their mouth, or envoy for their aspect of the Pantheon. As with the two examples above, A Chosen of Inari would be the "Saint of Inari" with Aatrox's chosen being "The Dagger or Cloak of Aatrox." More over, all of the teachings that one could learn, read upon, or otherwise study while not able to be in the presence of these people, would be "The Book of Moross." A tome of the belief system, or any mythology that one could need to understand and follow the Faith.
Who Can be the Moross?
Anyone can join the Moross Covent. Accepting any returning, or new faces, this Religion is open to any who wish to follow, study, or simply learn more of their practices. While many Force Users can join, it is also open to Non-Force Users. Anyone can join the faction for any story they wish to create with the Religion. A Devout rising through the ranks to possibly become one of the Chosen, or an Aesir themselves, A Soldier for Hire of a Religion that they find interesting, or otherwise coo-coo for Co-co puffs, Maybe a slave to a member of the Faction?
Purpose of the Covent
While this faction is very heavily based and using almost, if not all of the original material created by the Faction Owner, and admin team of the Moross Crusade, The purpose of the faction at the moment is not for Galaxy domination at this time. Its a Story based Faction that is more about having a good coherent story with friends, allies, and even enemies based around this religion. At this time, the faction will not be playing any part of the Map game, other than the protection and use of the planet of Exocron itself. While this is within the Space of the ORC, We will not be a sub-faction of the ORC, and we will likely work with them should they have Dominions, Invasions, or other such.
FAQ
Q: Will you guys become a Major Faction at a later date?
A: Unsure as of this time. If the Faction grows to be large enough to once more become a Crusader type of expansion, then sure. However, at this time, we plan on staying Minor Faction and staying with our threads and stories based around Exocron and the Religion itself.
Q: Who are the other Faction Admins/Aesirs other than Kalee/Yourself?
A: I have not found anyone who I feel would be a good fit for the faction as an admin with the activity to be an Admin/Aesir at this time. While this is largely an OOC matter, The IC reasoning is that the other Aesirs have yet to come forth with their identities.
Q: What will you do to expand the Religion and the faction since you guys are just a Minor Faction?
A: At this time, it is the simple reformation and rebuilding of the remains of what was once a Major Faction, only in a Minor setting. The idea is that the Reformation may take time, and when enough people have joined, or when the faction itself feels ready for the expansion of the Religion and the Mythology itself, then we will do so after the reformation.
Q: What is the aesthetic of the Faction?
A: A mix of various religions. I myself use Nordic/Germanic Pre-Christian ties as the term of Aesir was used for the religion of the Nordic people(Vikings). However, there is ample enough room for Roman/Greek, Christian, and other basis of real world mythologies to be used should they be added. Honestly, Any kind of religion or Faith like base for a character and faction aesthetic will work.
A note to the Original creators of the Moross Crusade
I have always loved the idea of a religious based faction and hence why I myself joined the First iteration of the Crusade faction with Zoey Marix so long ago it seems. I find myself wanting to continue to write with the religion, but have seen a severe lack of people using the religion, and have decided to come up with a Minor faction for the basis and to just have a fun place to continue to write with an old character of mine.
Should any of the Creators, Admin, or Staff Team feel that this is rude of me to do, please let me know and contact me in any way you can. I have no intentions of slandering what you guys have created. I know that RL had hit the faction hard and thus was the fall of the faction so long ago. And I know that those same writers will likely never remake the faction again. I however, do want to continue with this, and will attempt to.
If you have any other questions, concerns or critiques for me, and the faction, let me know!
Thank you all.

As the original creator; knock yourself out.

I myself as well as those connected to me have always RPd there is a certain remnant of Moross that is still actively worshipping and waiting for the return of the gods in their former territories.

Im more than happy to have someone else pick up the ball and run with it if they find it fun.

This is awesome [member="Kalee Bladesworn"]! I loved the original Moross Crusade and assisted in creating the Moross Resu, an entire race of intelligent techno-beasts formed by the hand [member="Soliael Devin Talith"]. I was sad to see it go, but it can be safely said at least half of these creatures still fanatically believe in the Book of Moross... unfortunately, they are plagued by a more terrible threat of their own creation.

Do you have any active plans on interacting with ORC, since Exocron falls within their borders?

"At this time, the faction will not be playing any part of the Map game, other than the protection and use of the planet of Exocron itself. While this is within the Space of the ORC, We will not be a sub-faction of the ORC, and we will likely work with them should they have Dominions, Invasions, or other such." - Taken from the portion, "Purpose of the Covent" [member="Fatty"],

I will state now, that while I have not contacted any staff of the ORC at this time, I hope that it would be a neutral or friendly relation with them as their Wardens or Galatic deputies of their influence are rather open to story ideas as well as collusion, I don't think we should have any problems.

[member="Darth Carnifex"], Hey, someone else needs to play god/goddess once in a while God-King. ;)

[member="Azlyn Ike"], Anyone who was in the past iteration of the Moross is more than welcome to join back up.

[member="Soliael Devin Talith"], Thank you! I have seen you and a few others use references here and there of the Religion, and I believe someone mentioned the crusade in a hyperlane submission a while back? Either way, Thank you for the words of encouragement.

[member="Micah Talith"], I am more than open to have people who have laid claim to those titles come forward. As for if there are more than three, I can only assume that there will be challenges made for the right to use those titles.

I also hope that any who come forth with those names intend to stay active within the faction. While I would not force anyone who claims to be an Aesir to become faction staff, I would like for them to be active to some extent. As for any challenges if there are more than three? I, and those who have claimed those titles, will have to come up with something to determine who is considered "the real deal" and those who are shunned for attempting to personify Gods in a "demeaning manner."

As I have just started this faction, I am open to just about anything at the moment, and am willing to work with people on this process of reformation. As I stated in the OP, I am only attempting this at the time, and just want to have some fun with a really good concept. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out and I won't feel bad about it.

Thank you for the question that I had neglected to think about.

Eyo, Amorella AKA Aesir Inari here. Amore died during the Omega attack so no worries here. Nice to see an original member revive the religion. I have other minor chars that were originally from Moross like Loxa Visl and Imka LaRue, though I’ve shelved them for the time being. If it takes off maybe I’ll consider bringing one back.

Best of luck to ya.

[member="Quietus"], Thank you for the offer and the Kind words!

I believe I found most of them from what I have looked through in the OOC archives, However, anything related to the Moross in general would be great! Sometimes a gem can be in hiding.

Auswyn Nothrael

A
Yesss.

All these years, and the time has come to be 'home' again. This brings a sort of joy to Auswyn's zealous heart. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom