Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Moon Cannot Be Stolen

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Lightsaber
planet_extra_butter_by_infinityunbound-d7emaqt.png
"Gaias is dead ahead."​
Jax accelerated his X-Wing messaging BB-12 to prepare the landing cycle, it's been a few days since he left his Padawan Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin on Kayshykk. She had been through a lot and needed some time to recover from her wounds at Korriban. Spending time with her friends the "Paddie Pack" as she called them will do her some good besides Jax needed some time away and relearn what he had learned all those years ago at Gaias: the Wellspring of the Force. The failure at Korriban weighed heavily on Jax's mind while the Supreme Chancellor: Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra awarded Jax the Golden Starbird, he didn't plan on attending the ceremony. He informed her that he was still shaken from the battle and needed to reconnect with the force. While the statement was somewhat true, the reality was that Jax didn't feel like a hero in Korriban. Did heroes nearly kill their Padawans in battle? It was a mistake that despite Aveline insisting that they learn from this still filled his heart with guilt.​
He failed Aveline at Korriban, the reality was his teachings to her were lax and ineffective and it nearly cost Aveline her life. Jax had trouble connecting with Aveline during their missions together and he realized that it was his failing. He thought his unique ways of teaching Aveline such as his views on the Living Force and how the force is just an encompassing whole rather than good or evil would appeal to her. Jax was wrong, the way he taught Aveline drove her away from him and likely just saw Jax as just a stepping stone rather than a master that she can bond with. Aveline changed Jax's life but he wasn't sure that he was changing her, it was clear at Korriban that Jax needed to step up otherwise Aveline could fall to the dark side.​
<Entering the atmosphere.> BB-12 beeped. His droid companion spent most of his time worrying whether Aveline would make it or not. When Aveline did recover, BB-12 was filled with so much joy that the inner circuits sparked causing an internal malfunction which shut him down for three days. A major part of why Jax was delayed when leaving Kayshykk, yet it was no matter, Jax needed to pick up the pieces of his shattered pride and confidence and rebuild it into something stronger. Aveline needed a master whom she can respect and look up to. Jax needed to work on himself, look inward and find out what the force truly had in store from him.​
"Oneness....." Jax said as guided the X-wing through the clouds. "What did they mean?"​
<Who's they Jax?> BB-12 asked on the translation screen.​
"These sprits," Jax replied his eyes staring over at the small dots of land. "At Korriban said that I've become one with the force, yet It's an ability that only activates after a Jedi passes away. Yet I've managed to attain the power while I was still in the realm of the living."​
<Maybe you're the chosen one.> BB-12 said. <The force sees you as someone special.>​
Jax steered his X-Wing to a patch a field of grass frowning. "But why?" he asked. "What did I do to deserve so much power? I'm a drunk who allowed his master to die, I can't connect to my padawan and nearly killed her. There's some disconnect here that I'm not getting."​
<The force is a weird thing.> BB-12 replied as he began to start the landing gear. <I'm glad I'm not force sensitive.>​
"Well I need to know," Jax said. "There's so much that I haven't learned or perhaps refused to learn. I need to train BB-12, I need to get stronger."​
He had to be careful gaining power for power's sake was selfish and could lead to the dark side. Jax needed to make sure that what he learned it was for the purpose of protecting his friends and to pass down his knowledge to Aveline. As the X-Wing touched down, Jax immediately got out and looked around. "This place hasn't changed one bit," he mumbled adjusting his robes while BB-12 popped out of his hatch. "Where is the Shaman?" Jax said to BB-12. "I know he's here."​
thumb-1920-864393.jpg

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Plop went the hook again. The current from the spring tugged the fishing line into the deepest hollows of the sacred pool. Quill squinted as silver fish flickered about curiously. Soon, very soon, he'd have breakfast.

The pool shivered and kept shivering as an X-Wing touched down nearby. The fish darted off to safe harbor. Quill tsk'ed with a moment's frustration and pulled in the line. He'd cast his simple gear again - the line and hook from a survival kit - once the water stilled.

The X-Wing felt like another Jedi was here, a young strong life he didn't recognize. Quill set himself to fishing for two.

Kadri Virelli

K
Tags: Jax Thio Jax Thio Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

The force danced around her as she focused harder. Perched upon a rock next to the calm waters, legs folded, the master sat for her daily meditation. The planet was a peaceful one, reminding her of home. She longed for the day she would return to Velorum, but she had other duties to attend to first. She focused on the pond, it's stillness. It had been the first element she mastered, soft, and yielding to her will. Today, it acted as a mirror, reflecting everything she felt. She stared into its energy, attempting to mimic its gentle flow.

Whether it had been hours or minutes, she could not be sure, but she came to as a ship landed in the distance. The presence of light was strong from its pilot, shining in the force around them. Across the way, there was another, more potent than from her left. She rose, stretching her arms above her head. Since she had left her home, Kadri had made it a point to meet as many strangers as possible, and learn about their foreign lives. She wondered what a pair of Jedi would have to say.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Jax heard the singing of birds flying overhead but no sign of the Shaman or any other Shamans for that matter. They usually came to this place to mediate as an ancient Jedi Temple was located here embedded with the force. However Jax couldn't sense their presence well except for an old man who was fishing near a river. <Who's that?> BB-12 squeaked while the Jedi frowned. "Not sure," Jax said. "He's force sensitive though, I sense some strength within him."​
<Not as much you though.> BB-12 said. <You got the power of Oneness now.>​
"I don't know what I have," Jax said shaking his head. "Why else do you think I came back here? Well besides me retraining the ways of the Living Force."​
From what he remembered from the voices talking to him when he was in a state of Oneness, they told Jax to reconnect with the force again. To let it flow within him. He closed his eyes reaching for the force Midichlorians were whispering to Jax about the will of the Force. Everything had lead Jax back to Gaias and back to taking the teachings of the Living Force seriously rather than using it as a way to run from the past. As painful as the past can be, it can be learned from however one must confront it which was something Jax was ambivalent to. Approaching the old man, Jax sighed. "Hey," he said. "Have you seen any Shaman's around here? Green guys who wear big masks of unique designs?"​

"Sorry, but no. Truth be told I don't know a thing about this planet. I felt the Force here and a freighter dropped me off. That was a couple of days ago. Nice place."

Down the stream a ways, a beautiful ten-foot-tall woman was waking from a nap. He'd spotted her earlier - she was, after all, ten feet tall - but hadn't felt the need to intrude.

"You could go ask her; she might know."

The sacred pool refused to yield its bounty. Quill pulled in his hook and wrapped the line around a short stick. He tucked the hook in the wrapping and the whole affair disappeared into his ragged backpack.

"I was hoping to be able to share some breakfast, but the fish are not willing."

Jax Thio Jax Thio Kadri Virelli

Kadri Virelli

K
Kadri slowly sauntered over to the pair, in no particular rush. She surveyed them on her approach, amusing what an odd match they looked. One in pristine clothes and much younger, a look of determination across his face. The other an elder, his years bestowing an intimidating aura upon him. The reini hoped she wasn't interrupting anything, but it didn't hurt to at least greet them.

A smile flickered across her face as she grew closer, finally close enough to speak.

"Salutations, strangers. Forgive the intrusion, but I have only met a Jedi once, and my curiosity got the best of me. May I join you?"

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Jax raised an eyebrow watching the old man continue to fish so he just arrived to this planet randomly? Almost reminded of himself when he first landed or rather crash landed at Gaias. The Jedi remembered getting drunk due to the fact that the memories of his master's death began to resurface again. Jax just finished a mission in Jakku and was at the bar trying to forget about the past. One thing lead to another and somehow, some way Jax crashed landed on Gaias where the Shaman said that he was waiting for him. Was it fate? Did the Shaman use the force to guide Jax here? If there was thing Jax learned about Gaias is that landing here at random was never by coincidence.​
The old man pointed to the absurdly large woman approaching them, Jax craned his head just to see her face. She had dark skin like Jax with brown eyes long locks of black hair tied into braids. "Hello," Jax said his tone a bit impatient but he nevertheless gave a respectful bow to the large woman. "I am Jax Thio and as my robes suggest, I'm a Jedi Knight."​
It felt awkward talking to a giant of a woman and an old man who was more interested in fishing than making small talk. Gaias was certainly an odd world indeed. "May I ask your names?" Jax asked the two of them. "And I was wondering what you are doing here my very tall lady?"​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom