Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Meeting After

The party was fun well wishers, visitors, nobles, the people of Alderaan Faith felt blesse by it all. And most of all Draco had made an appearance even though he hated parties. He was full of surprises but now was a time for the behind the scenes meeting, the twist so to speak. A room had been set aside within the Palace the group to meet. It would not do to see shuttles leaving the palace heading into a single direction, with all the Senators.

No Faith wanted the group to be able to meet without someone questioning the reasons, in small groups of twos the Senators were asked to come to the room.

It was now that Faith wished she had something to change into but once she left the room she would still need to be in party mode. She looked over to Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix , "Let's hope we draw little attention by our absence. I'm glad you are here, and were relatively unharmed. It would be a terrible loss."

She had been told that slowly the others were being asked to join them in this room. She wondered how much longer she would be able to hide her support to the group from others in the Senate.

Tags: Donavon Arturo Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe Eboi Seth Maesr Elastren Shran Auteme Auteme Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn and Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto

if they're watching anyways
1002508070-photo-u1_autoformatq60fitcropfmp_3.png

hJJw3Ng.png

Faith Organa Faith Organa Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto | The Crew

Auteme was the last to enter the room, and first to check that the doors were properly closed -- before spinning, snapping her fingers as loud as a thunderclap, and pointing to Kotibana.

"Do not," she said, her tone soft yet deadly, "bring Draellix anywhere there is even a chance there are cameras. I understand the necessary urges and whatnot, but I do not care how much you might love her. We have enough trouble with hardliners like Stazi," she made a gesture at Lowe, "with our current company. We must look flawless, singular in focus, and relations of any personal sort with the head of another nation -- particularly one such as the Crusade -- looks like a conflict of interest."

She took a deep breath and calmed down. Kotibana probably already knew all that. "My apologies," she said, waving as though to disperse some unsavory odor. "Yes, let's begin."

Lujian-Military-Symbol.png

She let out a sigh as she rubbed her temples with her fingers, a sign of the significant stress she was under. “Thank you so much for everything, Faith. It really means a lot right now to have someone I can truly trust.” She gripped tightly onto her hand, making sure that the shaking went unnoticed as she turned and offered a conflicted smile at Faith, “It has been a difficult journey… I fear the worst might be still ahead of us…” Her eyes seemed tired, her voice seemed to lack some of its usual life that use to accompany it, “I think it would be prudent for you to remain in the shadows… We cannot risk anything happening to you or to…” She turned away, staring for a moment at her data pad. There was much to risk for the Queen… Her husband... Her cousin Alicio Organa Alicio Organa … She simply let the sentence fall away as she took another sip of her wine.

Small conversations occurred around the table as the members slowly filled in. Auteme Auteme was the last member to join, and it appeared she had not taken fondly to the revelation of Tiresh’s relationship with Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana as she brashly confronted Tiresh in front of the entire coalition.

As Auteme laid into her, she instinctively stood up from her chair and glared at the woman, her cheeks flushing a bit red from embarrassment at such a public rebuke, and her hands coiling up into tightly held fists. She was absolutely furious. How dare this woman, of all people, call her out on the effect she was supposedly having on the Coalition, When it was her that was the one who had just made a public spectacle that exposed the coalition in a confusing and lack-luster light.

As much as she wanted to return the rebuke 100 fold upon Auteme's own head, her gaze fell upon everyone else that was awkwardly present. She chose to swallow her pride, knowing that this could not be the tone that would defined this coalition. She needed to humble herself for the sake of unity… for the sake of keeping the coalition in tact.

As Auteme finished her pointed words, Tiresh unclenched her firsts, sighed deeply, and waved a hand towards an open seat for Auteme to join them. “Thank you, Senator Auteme, for sharing your perspective and concerns.” Her tone was a bit pointed, and her gaze was rather icy, “I will be sure to include my relationship with the Prime Minister in the agenda for today's discussion, along with your own curious actions as of late.”

Once everyone was seated, Tiresh took her seat again slowly, the silence so thick one could cut it with a knife. She looked with heavy eyes at everyone gathered. It was almost as if the Senator had aged 10 years since their first meeting on Lujo. Truly, a lot had transpired since then. “I know there is much for us to discuss, so allow for me to share the agenda items for today. First, there is the failed assassination attempt that was orchestrated against Donavon and myself on Fondor. We must assess the risk that is levied against all of us in this room, and re-evaluate our strategy moving forward.”

“Second, there is the matter of Auteme’s press release. Her eyes shifted over to Auteme Auteme with a neutral expression, “In this press release, our Coalition is made public, and Auteme is referred to as being its leader. Considering that we were not planning on going public until Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn ’s legislation, in order to keep the element of surprise, and considering that I was appointed by all of you to sit as chair of this Coalition, I think it would be appropriate for Auteme to address this Coalition and explain to us how her actions are benefiting the Coalition, and why she did not feel it necessary to consult us before taking matters into her own hands.”

Tiresh took a sip of water to clear her throat before continuing. “Third, There is the matter of my relationship with Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , who is the Prime Minister of the Ashlan Crusade, and the possible effects that such a relationship might have on this coalition, as Auteme pointed out to everyone earlier.”

“And finally, there is the
Strategic Roadmap. We have been sending drafts back and forth throughout the past few weeks, but it would be prudent to finalize this document so that we can all be on the same page moving forward.”

She let out a tired sigh, “Are there any other items that are considered urgent and need to be added to today’s discussion?”

Last edited:
CC-Express-20211230-1313590-23524539208052164.png

Objective: discuss what the FAC is happening
Tags: Faith Organa Faith Organa Auteme Auteme Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix

20220227-154259.png
Xasha entered the room with the other senators. She unclipped her wings from her back and hung them on a wall, still in her cute flapper skirt and crop top she was likely the least business dressed of the attendees. She nearly jumped when Auteme Auteme turned and tore into Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix . She had to double check the words weren't coming out of her own mouth, she had assumed she was the firey and direct one of the group. This Auteme was one to watch apparently, although the tone seemed a little confrontational even for her taste. As she sat and pulled a rolled up data pad out of her dress she listened to the introduction from Tiresh. Those points of order made a lot of sense.

"I would also like to thank the Queen for entertaining us at her home for this meeting. It is important we get on the same page so the Corpos don't get the upper hand.

I am very sorry for your experience Senator Kobitana, I am glad to see you still among us. I have stepped up all security measures around myself and would suggest everyone else do the same. I think I might be sleeping with a power suit under my pillow after this meeting."
she gave a slightly sardonic laugh and scrolled her pad to share her recommended security measures, they didn't all have access the same quality of marines as her, but they could at least see her plans to help discuss things later.

"as for the agenda, my only addition would be a quick show of hands to see where we all stand on Starways? Is that the done thing? Discussing voting prior to the vote? oh well, in case anyone hasn't read the senatorial press my view is no." she raised her hand and gave a more self aware laugh, her outburst has the poor conductor had almost become a meme in the senate since.

She relaxed into her chair after speaking started playing with her red hair, looking at the other Senators in the room. She was concerned that the personal views and apparent rivalry between between Tiresh and Auteme could be a problem. Auteme for using the FAC for personal advancement, and well, the Ashlan thing.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Last edited:

"We don't need to discuss Draellix. You should keep your relationship with her private. It's not just a FAC thing, either, I think the association could hurt your reelection chances. It's just such an easy point of attack for any of your or our opponents that it'd be irresponsible to hold onto that relationship publicly. Seriously, keeping a private romance isn't hard." Auteme found her seat.

"As for press release... I actually have no idea what you're talking about," she admitted. "My office hasn't made any statements regarding FAC or anything close to it. I also suspect it'd make me look untrustworthy -- further, moronic -- to current company. If there's anything I need to clear up, please be forthcoming about it."

Tag: Auteme Auteme Faith Organa Faith Organa Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto

Sssar lounged in his normal manner, curled on loose coils of rough purple scales, as the others entered. The Constables he had brought with him were waiting for him outside of the private meeting. Since the Senator had founded the group he had rarely been anywhere without them. The organization provided both the assistance he required having no limbs, protection, and policy advice. Simply put they were his caretakers, advisers, and bodyguards.

As Auteme Auteme and Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix sparred with words his expression dimmed. His yellow eyes turned to Faith Organa Faith Organa as he gave her an acknowledging nod.

With the topic of the magazine cover brought up and Auteme's denial of her office's involvement, the Filithar, turned his large head towards her languidly then back to the others with an airy exhalation, perhaps the closet thing that Sssar could muster to a sigh "Ladiessss" he began "Pleasssse. Let ussss ssstart again before thessse talksss accomplisssh little. While the unfortunate revelation of our exissstence issss premature it sssshould matter little. The relationsssship between Tiressssh and thissss Draellix issss inconssssequential - at the presssent. I believe the only worth disssscusssion issss that of the road-map. Sssso I would like to begin there, and drop thissss other bussssinesss altogether. Or at the mossst addressss it all afterwardssss." as he finished he looked to Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto with an expression that could only be described as 'really?' whenever she asked for a show of hands - appendages that Sssar was clearly without. Though he didn't seem especially offended. She was a relatively young and new politician. Sssar was also keenly aware of how uncommon it would be for many to have previously been in the company of a limbless non-humanoid, sapient, individual.

Faith nodded, "yes Tiresh it will get more difficult that is for certain." What Faith hoped is that it would not turn into such a struggle within the Alliance that it broke. It was possible but to remind the young woman of that now would bear no fruit she was full of concern and worry already. Faith squeezed her hand back.

As Faith sat down she caught the gaze of Senator Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn she nodded in return. Why had she not engaged with him before? Lack of opportunity? Or perhaps just not enough time. "Senator Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto You are welcome you are all welcome on Alderaan at any time"

A pause and the discussions about the FAC began

"I second what Auteme Auteme has said, that Tiresh's relationship with Isla may not be harmful to the FAC, but it presents an area where Tiresh or Isla could be vulnerable so privacy as much as can be maintained should be. If you want to hurt someone you go after who they care about." She smiled at Tiresh, yes another reason to try to remain in shadow to protect the family protect Alicio Organa Alicio Organa .

"So in light of what happen on Fondor, I would say security is a concern for everyone in the FAC." Faith looked to the table top for a moment. "I have read the Roadmap, I do not have anything to add at this time, but I assume it is a living map and subject to change." Another breath she needed before going on, "As for Senator Taszzn bill it will declare the FACs intentions whether it passes or not it makes a statement."

"Currently that's all I have to say."
She would wait for the others to bring up their concerns, or additional points.

Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix | Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

Last edited:

FAC Meeting,
Alderaan

Madelyn’s fingers drummed gently on the cool surface of the tabletop. In her element once again. Having been one of the first arrivals, she sat back and watched as the Senators arrived and took their places and the room began to buzz with quiet conversation. Madelyn watched as Auteme entered, making a direct line for Kobitana and muttering something, and was that Auteme looking over at her? Madelyn met the woman’s gaze for the briefest of moments before she and Kobitana returned to what looked like quite a contentious chat. Curious.

The argument escalated, Madelyn and the other assembled members looking on as the nature of the row became clear. She did her best to remain impassive, taking mental note of what was said and sitting placidly as Kobitana brought the meeting back on track in her textbook manner.

The developments were rather interesting, indicative perhaps of rifts forming within their happy coalition, or at least of shifting priorities as the election year drew ever closer. For Madelyn, that meant that something needed to be done to clear the air. She knew the havoc backstabbing and plotting could wreak on their group.

The meeting moved along and Kobitana brought up the agenda for discussion, which of course included the recent assassination attempt, as well as the next steps the Coalition would take in their efforts to unseat Corporatist power in the Senate, the rather irksome news that the group had been made public early, and the recently mentioned relationship between Kobitana and the Crusade’s head of state, Isla Draellix. Suffice to say there was much to discuss.

Xasha Castillo opened by suggesting each of the present members should update their security details, a comment to which Madelyn nodded solemnly, and followed with a question regarding the proposed Galaxy Starways bill. “I feel that the proposed Starways legislation is outside the purview of our little coalition, and that we should let our members vote as they see fit.”

As Senator Taszzn weighed in, Madelyn nodded in agreement. “Sssar is quite right, while we had intended to reveal our organisation at the next Senate session, it is no great loss that Chrono Magazine has published their interview with Auteme. What is an issue is that we are a council, a team, and we must remain united in our efforts if we are to succeed in our bid against our better funded and better positioned corporatist opponents. As the election draws closer, it would do us all good to keep this in mind.”

Now for the key moment. The battle lines had already been drawn in secret, no doubt, but it was time to see where everyone stood.

“In the interest of maintaining transparency within our group, I now ask those of us who are present to please indicate their intention to run as a candidate for the Chancellery, and whether you seek to do so as an independent, or as an FAC candidate. If responses here are candid, we can, I hope, also assess the intentions of the absentee members.”

Madelyn looked over the room for the moment, trying to read the faces around her.

“I will not be running for the position of Chancellor, though I will happily serve as running-mate for an FAC candidate. And of course, all of this hinges on our opposition of Tithe's term limits proposal.”

As Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto appropriately thanked the queen for hosting their meeting, Tiresh cringed slightly that she had missed such an important opening statement. Apparently Auteme Auteme had truly distracted her. She nodded in agreement, “Sorry Faith, I must be forgetting my manners.” She said softly to Faith Organa Faith Organa with an apologetic smile.

Tiresh nodded gratefully towards Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto as she expressed concern for what had transpired on Fondor. She smiled as she mentioned Galaxy Starways Galaxy Starways , knowing exactly where the senator stood. She did agree with Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe ’s perspective that such was outside of the coalitions focus, but she did not mind sharing her own perspective if it was requested, “I agree with Senator Lowe that the vote on the Starways legislation is outside the scope of this coalition, but I am more than happy to share that I will personally be opposed to the legislation in its current state… not that anyone would expect otherwise from me, I’m sure.”

As Auteme spoke again about Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana and her negative outlook on the relationship, she tried her best not to roll her eyes. “I understand that perspective, Auteme, however allow for me to highlight the positives to such a relationship being made public right before an election. The Ashlan Crusade is an ally of the Galactic Alliance, as well as an ally of the NIO. To have the Prime Minister of the Ashlan Crusade in a public relationship with a Senator from the GA is an obvious strengthening of the bond between our two powers. Being on the brink of war with the NIO, such a strengthening could prove to be critical in swaying the Crusade in our direction. And force knows we have enough enemies as it is… we must strengthen our alliances now more than ever.” She took a sip of her water, pausing for a moment, “And imagine if that relationship is tethered to the FAC, would that not be favorable for our cause? However, if the general consensus is that I should keep the relationship private, I will honor the majorities opinion in the matter. So we can easily move past this point with a vote…” She pulled up her data pad and opened a new app that had been developed specifically for the FAC, allowing for all members to vote unanimously. “Everyone, please vote Yay to make the relationship public, or Nay to keep it secret.”

After the vote, she moved to Auteme’s media coverage, “If it is the general consensus that we can work around the changed time table, then we can move past the topic of Auteme's media reveal and simply echo Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe ’s reminder for all of to bear in mind that unity is our greatest asset as a Coalition.”

Faith Organa Faith Organa emphasized the need for security for all members, and gave her stamp of approval on the Roadmap.

Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn desired to move on the most important topic as quickly as possible, that being the Strategic Roadmap, which Tiresh was grateful for.

As Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe broached a subject that, quite frankly, terrified Tiresh, she took in a sharp breath and let her eyes drift around the room to see the reactions of the other senators. She feared above all that the matter of Chancellorship could be the topic that divided the parties. And if that happened, then the Corporatists would win. “I will only run as a candidate for Chancellor if I am the nomination of this Coalition. If I am not, I commit to support the nomination of this Coalition, and I strongly encourage all of us to do the same…” She tapped her fingers softly against the tabletop, “I propose that we nominate viable candidates within the FAC, and that we all vote and back one candidate and one running-mate that we all commit to support. I know that we all represent different political interests, but we must stand together in our nomination for Chancellor… if we don’t, and we split our votes, then the Corporatists will win the election and we will loose everything we have been contending for.”

Tags: Faith Organa Faith Organa Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Auteme Auteme Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn

20220227-154259.png
The Constancian senator was slightly irked at the remark that Starways was outside of the remit "I'm sorry, if a corporation seeking permission to sidestep planetary governments is not with our purview then I dont know what is. But I'll say no more, you know my thoughts and I will just have to trust that you are right minded people and vote accordingly."

She did a slight eyebrow raise in resignation then moved on, eyeing up the vote that had appeared on her rollable holopad. Xasha almost pressed nay but then hit the other button and spoke. "I am voting for transparency here on the Draellix issue. The rumour mill has already started, I had heard these rumours myself. There is little privacy in our senate, all it takes is one person to hear a rumour then challenge Senator Tiresh in the senate. Does she then confess on someone else's terms and have to justify trying to keep it secret. Or lie to the senate and completely destroy our collective work. I dont like it, I think its a risk, but its the better of the two options in my opinion. That is my last comment on that matter for now."

She laughed and made pretend tapping on her holo "I'm sorry, my app isn't working, it won't let me vote for all senators just swearing off romance?" she made a mock scowl and pointed at the other senators "Anyone tries getting in my pants will find a nasty suprise." she blushed and burst out with laughter realising what she had implied.

I now ask those of us who are present to please indicate their intention to run as a candidate for the Chancellery

'what?' thought Xasha, can't we deal with one potential conflict at a time. There was no need for this, they were all politicians, if any of them tried to say they wouldn't take the big chair, then how did their limited ambition get them to the senate in the first place.

"This is not a useful discussion, but I will bite. Sign me up, Chancellor Callisto of the Concordist bloc, or I suppose the FAC bloc if we don't all descend into a cat fight. I want the big chair, even if it is just for the nicer cushions the pampered Prince currently sat on it definitely has installed."

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Lowe gave the source of Auteme's apparent betrayal of FAC, which... only confused her further. The topic of chancellorship being brought up was poorly timed, and Kotibana and Callisto, ever the moderates, were happy to take up time addressing every issue brought to table at length rather than shifting to something more pressing. Their views on the 'issue' of Draellix showed their political immaturity at best, and a gross misunderstanding of the situations of both the Alliance and Crusade at worst.

She cleared her mind of every frustration, and rose slowly.

"I will address the... other issues when our discussion warrants it," she said. "Senator Kotibana is quite correct in that splitting the vote would be disadvantageous. Therefore I ask that you support my bid for the Chancellorship in the coming election.

"I am the most qualified candidate for the office. I have been a continuous member of the Senate -- in varying forms -- for the past decade, and my regular involvement in the public sphere has given me an enormous platform to build off of. I have also served alongside the Jedi and GADF in numerous conflicts, lending me pedigree towards that audience as well.

"I am also confident that I will be able to secure the support of the two previous Chancellors when I begin my campaign. Additionally, I am currently in the process of securing my running-mate.

"Let me be clear -- I am not 'throwing my hat in the ring' here. I will be running for Chancellor regardless of this coalition's support, because I am confident I will win against any candidate the corporatists put up, once we strike down Tithe's attempt at removing term limits, but I do not intend to make it a marginal victory. With this coalition's support, I think we can manage a decisive result in the popular vote -- a way to tell the entire Alliance that we are indeed the force of change and good we claim to be. As Senator Kotibana said, running multiple candidates will hurt us. I request that you support my campaign."

Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto said:
"Anyone tries getting in my pants will find a nasty surprise." she blushed and burst out with laughter realizing what she had implied.

Tiresh immediately burst out a loud, single-syllable laugh, before immediately putting her hand over her mouth and turning a bit red.

As Auteme rose and started to fully expose her own political ambitions, Tiresh leaned back in her chair and started to rub her forehead slowly, closing her eyes as her face expressed one of pure distaste for how this meeting was progressing.

But then, when Auteme Auteme straight up admitted that she did not care what the Coalition thought, but that she would run for Chancellor regardless of the Coalitions nomination, she couldn’t help but laugh out loud in utter disbelief. Was this really her plan? If it was, she had just destroyed any chance of her becoming Chancellor by Tiresh’s judgment. The Senator of Lujo had had quite enough, and as Auteme finished, she stood to her feet and placed both hands on the table, leaning forward and glaring with annoyance at Auteme,

“Tell me, who is going to vote for you, Auteme?” She asked with a very pointed tone, “Surely not the Corporatists, and you have done nothing but ostracize yourself repeatedly from this Coalition with your blatant disregard and indifference towards all of us.” She took in a deep breath and let out a long sigh, “Fine, you want to throw your hat in the ring? So be it. But you are NOT going to dictate to this coalition what we will or will not do. You can be one of the nominations that we will consider. That is all. Thank you.”

Tiresh looked around the room, needing desperately to pull things back into a productive direction,

“Anyone else who is interested in being considered for nomination by this coalition, we welcome you to speak, however, let us move on to the most pressing matter at hand… out Strategic roadmap. Has everyone taken the time to look over the recent updates? Any comments, additions, or edits before we finalize?”

Faith shook her head keeping her voice low, " Auteme Auteme , Tiresh I'm sure that right now no one is trying to push their worthiness over another. WE are a group aligned in our visions for tomorrow. We shouldn't sound like we are antagonizing one another. Doing so shows a weakness in our solidarity and we need solidarity on these things. You both possess qualities that would benefit the Alliance, if possible you should find a way to complement one another on a single platform maybe change the rules run as a team, deciding factor is based on number of votes, just a Alderaani peacekeeping idea. From an old lady who has sat in the Senate for years. The pressure will only increase on our group as we step further into the light." Faith remained sitting and calm.

Faith took a deep breath, was this going to be like herding cats? Was everyone going to go all which way and have the arrogance that cats have. At her feet sat the biggest cat she had ever dealt with Blu. Blu could nuzzle one moment and bounce off with a growl.

Faith wished they could run as a pair what a power couple they would make. "Now getting back to business at hand. First I have no desire to be a Chancellor I have enough on my plate as Queen. I like being home." She did she enjoyed home with the lush green as opposed to the tiered living of Coruscant were mechanics ran everything just about. Drahr would also like for her to be home more, not less, not moving off to Coruscant where she most certainly would have to go if she ran for Chancellor.

"Also. I want Isla and Tiresh to be safe. But if it is already leaked they are a couple then we need to be sure security is stepped up and everyone protected. Including Isla. Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix your personal life is your own, you are high profile now be mindful of your safety. Please." Faith could not lose a friend and someone so young it would be gut retching to lose them.

"I don't quite agree that Starways is out of our purview. Perhaps not number one on the list but definitely not something we should forget about." There more words then she spoke since the other day.

"Senator Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn what say you?"

She had already agreed to the roadmap.

tags: Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto | Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe |

Sssar's eyes flitted between the speakers as they discussed a spread of topics although his interest seemed to extend only as far as the surface of each. Until he looked towards Faith Organa Faith Organa and gave a nod "Galaxy Ssstarwayssss sssshould be sssseen assss part of our... mutual rivalssss until ssssuch a time assss they prove themsssselvessss to be disssuaded from the notion of planetary dominionssss and the like. Our converssssation ssssurrounding them sssshould, in my opinion, be limited to meeting policy. That issss to ssssay how we meet with them or if we choosssse to do sssso. If the sssstatusss quo issss to remain then write them off assss a competing interesssst."

"Then to the offer of sssspeaking in for the office of Chancellor - let it be known that I to plan for the privilege. Though I will refrain from campaigning before you all now. Be aware that while many may feel they are the bessst choice for the nomination... there can only be one. But a new day issss alwaysss on the horizon, do not lossse sssight of thisss. We mussst remain ever vigilant." Sssar's demeanor became more business focused then as his body tightened the coils into a taller heap, and a seemingly endless illusion of scales running over one anther in paradoxical coils lifted him higher "Thissss map... our sssstrategy. Controling the Narrative - wassss it? Yessss." Sssar's voice became pensive "While it issss true that the Corporatisssstsss have both the wealth and the connectionsss to pusssh their narrative there issss power in tenacity. I recommend break-through attemptsss via conventional ssssources within the holonet but alssso analoguessss. Large ssssignagessss, coalition funded holonet ssssegmentssss, subluminal transsssmissssionsss." he hissed firmly "Let the people ssssee that creditssss can buy coverage but they cannot buy mettle. Many may be aware that I have an organization called the Abiding Precept Consssstabulary... thesssse volunteerssss are driven. Focusssed. While we may have a poor reputation with thosssse of the lower citiessss I assssure you the good we do shinessss through. We may be able to utilize thissss in showing re-doubled effortssss to disssrupt the criminal elementsss of the lesser corporate entitiesss. Jusssst a thought."

Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Auteme Auteme

Tiresh seemed very intent on misunderstanding Auteme -- cutting through to the root wasn't something she could blame Kotibana for, but it was still a touch frustrating that the context and evidence Auteme had worked up was so readily swept away. Frustrating too, that their chair seemed so easily pressed into petty pointing.

But, Auteme couldn't be mad. The relative silence on the part of Organa and Taszzn meant she was otherwise secured.

"Senator Taszzn, you give sound advice as ever," she said, nodding. "Ensuring our public messaging is consistent, reliable, and affirms our integrity is incredibly important." She glanced briefly to Kotibana -- outside of the damage Draellix might do, Auteme found herself more worried about Kotibana's position. If Tithe moved to remove the chair of FAC from the Senate, citing genuine security concerns, it'd be a blow worse even than assassination or capture, a political suicide that could shatter the coalition.

"I suspect our Vice Chancellor should embody the necessary integrity we seek in our Senate," she said, gaze passing briefly over Lowe -- hinted disdain evident -- before fixing on the door. She paused a moment, before her hand rose. The doors flew open, revealing...

"Dracken Pryce," she said, pointing at the man, "you will be my Vice Chancellor."

Lc422Xp.png

"N-no, Gab you can't see the queen right-I'll introduce you after this like a proper lady how's that?" A muffled shout of protest came from the other side of the door as Pryce struggled to get in whilst double-fisting brilliant glasses of Akivan Liqueur, its purple liquid contents spilling over his hand as the door stopped on his foot.

"Huh?" He was dumbfounded. He had heard the last bit of the conversation, as much as his daughter was trying to distract him. But..He couldn't be hearing right. Auteme wanted HIM as her Vice-Chancellor? Was she running? Wait, that was for another time. HIM?! He dropped the glasses on the floor, the fine glassware shattering as soon as it hit the floor. Little Gabriella somehow managed to squeeze her head past his leg and peek in then gave the room a sheepish smile and dashed away back to the party.

"I must have heard you wrong," he said, entering fully, carefully sidestepping the broken glass and spilled drink.

Tiresh nodded repeatedly in agreement as Faith Organa Faith Organa pointed them back to group strategy and unity. That had been what she had tried to communicate, but perhaps she had come off in a different light than intended. She felt fiercely protective of this coalition… They had weathered through too much for it to begin to fall apart now.

Tiresh turned and offered a solemn smile as Faith Organa Faith Organa emphasized her concern for herself and for Isla. “Yes, Thank you Faith. I will be careful.” There was a promisingly moderate-leaning Corporatist named Isar Isar that was on the verge of being elected on Brentaal, and so she determined that his campaign party would be her final public appearance. After that, she would leave the gathering to her colleagues.

She perceived that both Faith Organa Faith Organa and Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn had valid points as to why the Galaxy Starways legislation should be considered by the Coalition, nodding as she jotted down some notes on the matter. She also nodded as Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn said that he would like to be considered for nomination as Chancellor. She breathed a sigh of relief as he committed to stand with the Coalition as well. What a relief. They needed to stay unified.

Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn shared some valuable insight into the Strategic roadmap, offering some viable strategies and practicals on how they could accomplish it. She quickly jotted down the details he mentioned as well as the name of his group, looking up and nodding gratefully for such a contribution. “Excellent, Senator Taszzn. This will help us take some very practical steps forward.” She commented as she continued to write.

Auteme Auteme began to comment on Sssar’s suggestions, seeming favorable towards the ideas presented. It seemed like things were finally moving back in a positive direction. But then she mentioned something about their Vice Chancellor. Tiresh paused her writing, looking up and blinking blankly at Auteme. Where was she going with this?

Auteme Auteme said:
"Dracken Pryce," she said, pointing at the man, "you will be my Vice Chancellor."

Tiresh’s eyes widened in horror as Auteme ignored yet again the prospect that the coalition would rally behind their own candidate, which would be voted upon by all members. She looked over at Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce who seemed just as shocked by the statement as everyone else was. Was she really just commanding for everyone to bend to her will? What exactly was she attempting to accomplish right now?

“Senator Auteme!” Tiresh stood up abruptly, shaking her head in disbelief at the brash arrogance of the woman. She paused, looking around at the other members present. Is this what everyone wanted? Did they desire to be dictated to like this? Was she just completely unaware?

Here gaze turned back to Auteme Auteme with fire in her eyes “You are not the nomination of the Coalition yet! You might be once the time comes for us to vote on who we will put forward, but you must stop treating this Coalition as if it exists for your own personal benefit! Now this is the third time you have overstepped in this regard. If you refuse to respect every member of this coalition’s vote, and you continue to disregard us, then I will be forced to ask you to leave. Is that understood, Senator?”

She rubbed her temples with agitation, her voice softening, “Is this what everyone wants? Should I step down as the appointed Chair of this Coalition? Should Auteme lead us? We cannot afford to fracture! Please, let the other voices in this room speak! We have sacrificed far too much to…” Her hand started to shake violently, Tiresh quickly grasping it and forced it to stop. She looked down at the data pad in front of her in silence, her face suddenly sorrowful and pained. “...Is this what we have become? A room of self-interested people who don’t give a damn about anyone else? Are we all going to back into our own corners and hope for the best while the Corporatist’s move forward in unity?”

Last edited:

Tags: Faith Organa Faith Organa Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Auteme Auteme Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn

20220227-154259.png
"Oh my gods! Can we knock this off please? I have my circlet and I am still getting a headache! Auteme Auteme I am happy to discuss your nomination at a future date, I might even let you take me out to dinner, there is vastly over priced restaurant on coruscant I have been dying to try.

And Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix , I feel you are the right person to lead the Coalition at this time, your defiance of the attacks on your person has earned you that right, and again, i would love to discuss your nomination, also at a time more suited, but your own outbursts do you no favours."

She smiled sweetly and took a deep breath, she came her in order to be the voice of her people, so she we just suck up the sour atmosphere and do her best for them.

"can I suggest a ten minute recess of this meeting for everyone to cool off? And come back, with the agreement to focus on our constructive goals, we can always argue about nominations later. Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn has raised some excellent points and I would like to calmly discuss future legislative attacks on the Corporatists, but we are only likely to trip ourselves up with infighting."

She took her circlet off for a moment and looked at, instantly feeling the wash of emotions in the room, it had the emblem of Constancia emblazoned proudly on the forehead. "I have never wanted anything more than to make the lives of my people better, I have taken a risk aligning myself with the FAC and I will not let that risk be squandered by infighting." she placed the circlet back on her head and shut her eyes as the peace of the thought blocking circlet returned. She was not usually the voice of reason in a room. Why now?

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Faith was trying her best to be calm be neutral see all sides. But this. Faith shook her head, it was like having the twins at age 5 again they each fighting for their own position and what they perceived as theirs.

Auteme Auteme wants to be Chancellor, so does Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix , and so does Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn she was glad she didn't want to be Chancellor. Oh and then with the timing of a hunter in came Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce , she bit her lip as she wanted to tell him he was late. Instead she rubbed her forehead.

"I agree with Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto there is risk here need to stop bickering and focus on what's important. Who will run for Chancellor with whom I think is a bit premature. " Faith stood up, "Perhaps a moment so that Dracken can get all caught up. Then we begin again." She noticed Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe was contemplating events around her.

Faith headed for a pitcher of water, she really wanted a glass of wine. But not now.

FAC Meeting,
Alderaan

Madelyn sat still, her hands resting on the table in front of her, emerald eyes flicking cooly between the parties bickering across the room. She did not leap into the fray, or start hurling accusations, nor did she leap to anyone’s defence, though there were moments where it felt like she would have to. Instead she sat and watched and waited until it seemed like cooler heads were prevailing, the diplomatic words of Xasha Castillo and Faith Organa soothing the jeers and barbed language fired off from Tiresh Kobitana and Auteme. A brief recess was called, and still she waited, occasionally skimming over a scrolling line of text on her holopad, waiting for the group to return

In the moment of calm that resided as the Senators returned to their places, Madelyn spoke.

“I apologise for the antagonism that my question has provoked from our little collective, and I trust that you all understand my reasons for doing so. It is in our best interests, however painful it might be, to be truthful and open at this time. Now that the cards are on the table, we can proceed with our next steps.”

“Senator Kobitana, Senator Tassn and Senator Castillo have each stressed the need for unity of purpose if we are to overcome the political and economic power of the Corporate Bloc, and they are right. Though we have our individual aspirations to lead the Alliance, we must keep our focus on our shared values and political objectives, especially the pending bills drafted by our members, irrespective of our own campaign goals.”

Madelyn glanced around the room, trying to gauge reactions. Her tone was steady and level, firm but not argumentative. Xasha had been right that too much time had been wasted on bickering, and that the FAC was a risk for all of them. The only way to make it pay off was to hold on for a little longer.

“With that in mind I move that we should accelerate the process to nominate the FAC’s candidate and hold a vote soon after the conclusion of this meeting. If those Senators who do not win the nomination wish to run as independent candidates…” Madelyn’s gaze flitted to Auteme for an instant. “Then they will leave this coalition with our good graces and well wishes.”

She let the moment hang in the air for a few seconds before pushing on.

“Onto the matter of our Strategic Roadmap, I am beginning to worry that our twin principles of Maintain the Pressure and the Kobitana Lightning Rod are putting our members at significant risk of harm, as of course was demonstrated by the demonstrable attempt of Chairperson Kobitana’s life. We are seeing success in our efforts to control the narrative and sway public opinion, but as it becomes increasingly dangerous to conduct our campaign, we may find ourselves too harried by plots and conspiracies to continue. Because of this I propose an additional strategic directive: Hold Them Accountable, in which it is imperative we bring to justice those who would use criminal means to silence and terrorise us.”

“I would be pleased to hear your thoughts on these matters.” Madelyn concluded, sitting back in her chair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom