Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Maverick, the Smuggler and the....... Ewok?!

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Just when Crosten and Jax were close to capturing the Dark Lord: Osmos he managed to escape but not without putting the ship on self destruct. The two of them managed to escape just in time but the trail ran cold leaving Jax and Crosten to start all over again. They headed to Coruscant specifically in the Jedi Temple to repair Crosten's ship and to track down Osmos once and for all. It took a while, but thanks to the flight logs that Crosten had taken before the Sith Lord's ship exploded it and after a while of translating the Sith code, determined that Osmos was headed for the Forest Moon of Endor: The site of the last battle of the Galactic Civil War well at least what it said in the history books.​
The two of them got in Crosten's ship and headed straight for Endor, Jax really wanted to get this over with. Osmos was nothing but a pain in his ass. However Crosten did tell him that Osmos had drug facilities scattered all across the galaxy. Perhaps Osmos was heading to one of them? It would be a boon to bust Osmos and the entire drug cartel he has. The lower levels of Couruscant were full of drug addicts and according to the Couruscant Health Organization at least 1/3 of them were first time addicts. The Sith Empire were looking for more subtle and long term ways to destabilize the Galactic Alliance and this was one of them. "Welcome to Endor," Jax smiled getting up from his chair and stretching. "Where the only terrifying things are teddy bears no seriously these little bastards tore through Stormtroopers like they were tissue."​

It was an adventure, but it didn’t have the ending Crosten would have preferred, given that Osmos stiffed him on payment and remained alive. He was also at large in the galaxy causing terror; which was also a problem. Truthfully, he sorta cared more about the former, but he knew the latter was most definitely the Jedi’s business; so here they were, smuggler and Jedi working together towards a common goal. What an odd pairing, he thought – might make for a good movie or something.

Eventually the two landed on their destination. It’s a good thing he had his landing zone programmed into the ship in advance, finding a spot on the forested planet himself would have been rather difficult. The small clearing seemed to be the only one on a landscape of seemingly endless forest, and soon enough the ship had touched down for landing. Hopefully they could find some sign of the operation down here; it was their best lead. If they were quick enough, he figured, they should still be able to catch up with them. He had already gotten here as fast as he could – which was already a fair degree faster than your average pilot in the galaxy could.

“I’d have a hard time believing that if I hadn’t seen crazier kriff.” He retorted. Size only mattered so much in a fight; a well organized group can outdo forces much larger. Still, he had never heard of Ewoks before. He figured they were short and furry, but only because Jax had just implied it. What he figured soon became what he knew once Raarpaa had introduced herself.

“Well, thanks. Name’s Crosten, recently became pals with this guy” he replied with a grin and tap of Jax’s shoulder.

Raarpaa Zerlac Raarpaa Zerlac Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Well isn't this something.​
The moment Jax and Crosten exited the ship, an Ewok had greeted them introducing herself as Raarpaa Zerlac. The Jedi could sense that she was strong in the force. Yet what surprised him was the fact that Raarpaa spoke Basic fluently, Jax never met an Ewok before but what he had heard about the little bears was that they spoke their language that sounded similar to the Jawas of Tatooine but the Ewoks spoke in a higher pitch. "Eh," Jax shrugged. "I've seen weirder stuff under the influence of Glitterstim."​
And what a wild ride it was, though Jax's telepathy increased but it distorted the world around him. The last time he took some Glitterstim it was back at Courscant and he found himself on Level 5 some how. "Name is Jax Thio," Jax said. "Jedi Knight of the Galactic Alliance, my friend and I are on a mission to take a Sith Lord named: Darth Osmos. We have reason to believe that he has taken refuge on the forest moon of Endor."​
He placed his hands on his hips looking around the forest, there were sounds of birds chirping in the distance and already he felt a Snake slither across his boots. Lovely. As Jax stared at the Snake, his gaze turned to the small Shoto blade on Raarpaa's waist. "A fellow Jedi huh?" he smiled. "Wasn't aware that Ewoks trained at the Jedi Temple, the force is strong with you though. I take it that you're the Warden of this planet?"​

Jax Thio Jax Thio Raarpaa Zerlac Raarpaa Zerlac

He noted Jax's confusion; maybe he should have been as well? Truth be told, on these little adventures he often encountered stuff that was strange and bewildering. If he was the question-asking type, he'd have sure accumulated an awfully long list by now. The galaxy was a vast and unusual place, and the aging smuggler had seen quite a bit of it by now. Not that he seen enough Ewoks to think her grasp of the Basic tongue was strange or unusual; she was the only one he had ever met.

"Yeah, and pretty determined to do so at that" he added his grizzled reply to Jax's explanation. It was no lie; getting this sith lord was his life's mission; at least at the moment. That doshing scum had taken the smugglers credits and tried to take his life too; something he wasn't about to let slide. Nor did he want to relegate himself to living in a Galaxy where any two-bit Sith lord could screw folks over like that. He never knew much of the Sith until then, but he was awful kriffing sure he didn't like them now. By good graces then that he was here with not just one Jedi but two, he felt rather hopeful they would manage to get him this time around.

He was almost disappointed when she stated she wasn't Jedi, but she was meditating or focusing or - something. Crosten wasn't wise enough to know for sure, but it looked an awful lot like Jedi stuff to him. His face even lit up a bit when she affirmed the Sith he was seeking was present. A good sign indeed.

"Well, that's a great start. I sure hope he is, this is the closest we've got to him since that last run-in. And we got closer to get still." he replied with a nod.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Jedaii? The ones who existed before the Jedi Order? Jax had heard of their presence in the Galaxy but they weren't common. This Raarpaa was one of a kind. A force sensitive Ewok who is part of an organization that was once thought to be extinct, now that there was a one in a million chance of encountering someone like that. The galaxy is just a weird place. "I sense him too," Jax said feeling the dark side around the forest. "I don't like it, sounds like Darth Osmos is leading us into a trap."​
He could have a base here and besides, Endor has a plenty of plants that could be used for drugs. No doubt Osmos had a base here. "So Raarpaa," Jax asked. "I was wondering if you've sensed anything unusual here? Besides sensing the Sith's presence?"​

Raarpaa extended her senses further, feeling the Bogan of the nearby Sith and the Ashla of the Jedi in front of her. "If you are referring to traps, I sense no traps aside from the ones my people have made for prey. We have improved since the Galactic Civil War, but not by much in comparison to the rest of the galaxy; they are better hidden and more clever, enough that you may need a guide. The absence of traps made by the one you seek may be a trap in and of itself."

Crosten hardly knew any better - he knew was a Je'daii was not a Jedi; but frankly, that was about it. Still, he was far to polite to ask about it, though he had a fair amount of Jedi history to learn, now that he had been caught up in these events. The smuggler simply looked to both as they reached though the force to sense the Sith they were seeking out. Jax sensed it too, which was good; but an unsettling feeling began to settle in. It was great that this was going smoothly; but he couldn't help but wonder if this was going too smoothly.

Both of them were apt in putting his concerns into words. This sure felt like a trap, and Raarpaa was right on that; if there were no real obstacles set by the Sith that he was aware of to stop them, there were no doubt obstacles he was unaware of that would spring up. He could use a lot of words to describe Osmos, but stupid wasn't one. Far as Crosten could figure, someone's gotta be fairly crafty to remain a Sith.

"Yeah, I'm worried about that. This ain't normal, this guy sure ain't no pushover" Crosten quipped, giving a nod at her wise observation

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

"Thank you for your help Raarpaa," Jax said looking around. "It'll be much appreciated if you can help us navigate through this forest." If what you say is true, then that means that our Sith friend probably has traps lying in wait as well. Given the Sith Empire's habits they would raze the whole forest down before they let the Ewoks get a chance to breathe."​
In many ways, the Sith Empire were more ruthless than the Galactic Empire ever was. They've learned from Darth Sidious' mistakes and would rather shoot first and ask questions never. Though of course when it came to Jedi, the Sith couldn't help but gloat. "So Raarpaa," Jax said folding his arms. "Is there a village nearby?"​

Crosten Feyn Crosten Feyn Jax Thio Jax Thio

"Yeah, me either. I sure wouldn't put anything past 'em." Crosten bitterly agreed. Sure, he'd only encountered one Sith, Darth Osmos; but that introduction had been plenty enough. Having seen the treachery of the Sith and the aid of the Jedi firsthand had made which team he was rooting for pretty clear to the smuggler. And thankfully, the two he was with happened to know an awful lot more about dealing with the Sith. Jax in particular had been a bastion of wisdom; especially to Crosten who was now deeply involved in the pursuit.

Raarpaa followed up with a question and a notably odd shift in her tone that Crosten was aware of; though a touch ignorant of the rationale behind it.

"Uh, I dunno. I can't see...nothing but trees." He remarked, a touch bemused. He listened to her net words with much the same expression during an awkward pause, while the sounds of life throughout the forest filled the air around them. The swaying of trees and scattered noises of wildlife filled the otherwise silent moment, before Crosten turned to Jax with a question to interrupt it.

"Uh, Jax? Can you figure this one out?"

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

"You're guess is as good as mine Crosten," Jax placed his hands on his hips. "I've heard the Ewoks are very good at blending in with the forest it's a major reason why they were so effective against the Empire all those years ago."​
Who knew the might Galactic Empire would meet their end by a bunch of cute teddy bears. It showed the New Republic that hope can come from the most unusual places. Sure it mattered how big the stick was but It mattered a hell of a lot more on whose swinging it. The Ewoks had home court advantage and used every single one of it. Jax closed his eyes reaching out to the force, already he could hear the language of the Ewoks chatting above. He could feel their heart beat and a..... arrow?​
"Chit!" Jax heard an arrow unleashed from its quiver heading straight for his head. Activating his Lightsaber he immediately disintegrated it, the Ewoks emerged from hiding aiming their bows and arrows at the three of them. "Hey Raarpaa," Jax said deactivating his Lightsaber. "Why don't you tell your folks that we mean them no harm?"​

"Yeah, home turf advantage sure counts for a lot." he replied. Fighting's always tougher on your opponents land; they know it well and how to use it. Having seen both the endless forest and the Ewoks who lived within, he could see how they could be much more than a nuisance to an invasion. Would be awful hard to wipe them out if you hadn't a kriffing clue where they were at, he figured. You'd probably just have to obliterate the entire planet; no small task normally. He heard enough legends to understand that Jedi generally didn't take to well to co-existance with planet destroying weaponry. You'd also have to be pretty low to even consider something like that, but given what he was learning about the Sith that was making more sense already.

Jax was reaching into the force, or so it seemed to Crosten. He didn't know how it worked or what exactly it did; but it could bring unbelievable effects. He'd seen it and was quite sure of that. His moment of musing was swiftly interrupted by an arrow's whoosh through the air; by the time he saw the arrow it had already been cut into two by Jax's deft swing of his lightsaber. Crosten jumped away in shock, his hand on his holstered blaster ready to draw; but Jax shut his lightsaber off, causing Crosten to rethink this instinct.

For the best, as it turned out the arrow came from friend, not foe; or so said Raarpaa. Given the arrow that came their way, the smuggler couldn't be sure of it, or if sating their curiosity would be good for him. But with Jax's skills and their guide's good graces, he figured he couldn't possibly be in much harm.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

"Well then," Jax said slowly placing his Lightsaber on his hilt. "They have a hell of a way to show it." To nearly shoot his head off with an arrow wasn't the best way to say that they were curious to see them. Upon further inspection though, Jax could see worried looks on the Ewoks clearly something was bothering them. "I sense unease amongst these Ewoks," Jax said to Crosten. "It looks they're worried about something else."​
Could it be Osmos? Most definitely, a Sith Lord loves to make their mark on a planet. "Well," Jax said. "If these Ewoks want us to follow them to the village, then we shouldn't waste any time. Let's get going."​

Raarpaa nodded at Jax Thio Jax Thio , sensing her kin's unease as well. "There have been rumors of disappearances lately. Those who go alone never return. Entire tribes disappear overnight. That is part of the reason they were here: they were afraid I would disappear."

She led Jax and Crosten Feyn Crosten Feyn up to her village, and as soon as they got up, an Ewok ran over to the Journeyer, clearly distressed. The Je'daii listened to them, and her normally jovial countenance disappeared, replaced by concern. If she had been humanoid, her face would have paled. She quickly followed the other Ewok, gesturing for the humans to follow. "Hurry."

Jax had made a fine point there; they were strangers in a strange land, and if Osmos had landed here there he was probably causing them trouble. Far as the Ewoks knew, they were outsiders; and probably looked to be one and the same as whatever brought them the unease that Jax aptly identified. Understandable as it was, that arrow was a startling sight to say the least, and not one the wary smuggler was about to take lightly. Not wanting to escalate things, he didn't draw his blaster. But not wanting to be caught off guard, he refused to take his hand away from his holster until Raarpaa explained their case.

The sooner they started handling matters with words instead of arrows, the better. Crosten climbed on up, ever cautious as she and the other Ewoks conversed in a language he didn't understand at all. But he understood the word 'Hurry'. He was already concerned something was amiss, and now it seemed there was no time for discussion. Given her reaction, the situation was dire, explanation could always wait for later. Right now, action was clearly needed; though Crosten didn't know what he'd need to do, he knew he had to be ready.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Raarpaa lead Jax and Crosten towards the village where there were many Ewoks inside their treehouses gawking at the strangers. Many Ewoks also appeared from behind the bushes and began to talk to each other in panicked and worried tones. "Can you tell them," Jax said to Raarpaa. "That we come in peace? Judging by the look of them it seems that we're not the only ones that they're worried about."​
james-coleman_ewok-village.jpg
"You outsiders," An older Ewok in black and white fur approached the trio. His multi colored feathered hat billowing in the wind, he held on to his wooden stick which was as tall as he was. "Are you the one who will help us against this Dark Lord?"​
"Yeah," Jax said surprised to see another Ewok speaking Basic. "Me and my friend are to apprehend the Sith Lord, has he harmed your people in any way."​
"He has ravaged this land," the elder answered. "Enslaved entire villages and took them to inside a metal monster. Come we have much to talk about."​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom