Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Many Trails of Studious Exploration

Runi chuckled. In response to Yen's question about their destination, she remarked, "We can't let the tea get cold." There was no where urgent for the pair to be on this realm. A little time alone was something to look forward to -- something the Shaman hoped Yenna would remember when life demanded so much of her time.

It was sad to hear the books might be delayed, but Runi could hardly refute the Jedi Master's reasoning. Her students were more important. "Yen," the Shaman prompted after a moment of contemplation, "there are many challenges yet to come. If you should ever need another to aid you, even in matters of the Order, you can rely on me. Even though the Mandokarla and Jedi do not share all of the same beliefs, we are not so dissimilar at the core. Conquest is not the Way of the Mandalore -- though at times it has been a tool in the pursuit of our true aim. You won't need to shoulder the burden alone."

It didn't take precognition to see the general trajectory of galactic affairs, especially when you took into account the long arc of history. Times of Trial came and went, and they were amidst some of the most trying. It would be easy to lose sight of Runi being there even in Jedi matters because she was not a Jedi. Such distinctions, however, were not part of the Mandokarla. They did what needed doing -- where, when, and how ever it needed done. If they were to be together, Runi felt it was important for Yenna to understand what that meant.

"That way you can get back to those books sooner than late." A little humorous remark to lighten the mood.

Soon the camp appeared between the trees ahead upon the precipice that over looked the forest. "Shall I brew another pot, or would you care for a different mixture?" Just how much had Yen enjoyed the first cup on her arrival?

Yenna Yenna

Yenna blinked at Runi's answer. "Oh. Leaving the tea, I thought we were." She admitted with an embarrassed giggle. Her spirits instantly rose again as they headed back to their camp. But as they continued to speak, Runi reassured her that the little green Jedi could reach out to her any time she wanted.

Yenna leaned in and gave a gentle hug... or as best she could against Runi's head. They were still going to have to figure out the stature dilemma between them. The thought brought out a light chuckle from the Jedi. "Hesitate, I will not, to ask for help. That mistake, I have made. Seen too. Struggle, if I ever... come to you, I shall. After all, there for each other, we must be." She muttered with a gentle voice as she regarded the woman. "Proof read my books, you can." Sje joked right back with a giggle.

Once thry reached the camp, Yenna hopped off and looked around. "Your choice. Delicious, that tea was... but another, if you want, we can go with that." She answered as she looked up at the woman. She sat in silence for a moment as she watched Runi prepare another pot and took in their surroundings. This location was simply beautiful, no other way to describe it. A thought soon popped up as she looked at Runi again. "Runi... curious, I am. Your armour, do you ever take off?" She asked her. "The importance, I understand, of course... but asked you, I have never." She continued in hopes of clarifying the odd question.

Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

Runi reached up to craddle Yen's shoulder opposite the Shaman's head she hugged. It was reassuring to hear Yen would try to keep in mind even a Shaman would help if Jedi matters plagued the shorter woman. While Runi did prefer not to engage in crusades or unduly influence galactic affairs, she couldn't ignore if Yen were ever in trouble or in need.

"I would enjoy that," she replied regarding Yen's quip about her books. Sand People was it? They had a spiritual life that would be nice to learn how it had changed in recent generations. Admittedly, there was little need to venture to Tatooine all that often. Unless a Mandalorian was skulking about the place afraid to face the wider galaxy.

Since Yen wasn't opposed, Runi set to work heating the water once more. Nothing like a cleansing, but flavorful brew while they sat there together.

When a question rose, the Shaman looked up from tending the small flame. "I do. Often at the Briirud." A small smile graced her features. "There are those that do not remove it, or their helm, in the presence of others. As Speaker, I do not require that of the Mandokarla. Our armor protects us so we may protect others. Our helmets veil our identities because what we do is for the Clan and our People, not ourselves. They are a means to an end, not the end itself." They were also a deeply ritualistic people in their own way. The T-visor and armor were traditions that made members of their community known by one another and the galaxy at large. Symbols, but not the entirety of their identity.

"I have a question of my own." Turn about was only fair play. "Does your Order instruct members in understanding the Dark Side?" One odd question for another; one presumptive topic not hereto asked, but given opportunity to do so socially. No one was around to pass judgment on the answer.

Yenna Yenna

Runi gave an interesting perspective on the symbolism for her armour, as well as that of the other Shamans in the Mandokarla. "Fascinating. Intrigued me, it always has... to your people, how important your armour is." She admitted softly as she turned towards her.

However, Runi had a curious question of her own which she quickly brought up. Yenna pondered over it for a monent as she tried to formulate an answer. "In a way... yes. To use it, certainly not. But to a degree, of its capabilities, we all learn. Understand it, we must, to help others. To the light, to sway its followers. To purge its corruption. More extreme, I am, in my preparation against it. But crucial, it is, for us all to combat it. Though... to teach it... very dangerous, it can be. Very susceptible, padawans can be. A careful preparation, it needs to be, to protect the padawans." She explained calmly, staring off into the distance in deep thought.

When she looked back to Runi, a smile formed. "Or in the deep end, one can throw them." She joked with a giggle as she got up and walked up to Runi, sitting on her thigh with a hum of content. "A nice planet, this is. Come here more often, we must." She muttered as she stared out over the forest ahead of them. "A rotation, must we begin? Take turns, for us, to pick a planet. Then visit, we go to." She suggested as she looked at Runi.

Runi listened attentively to Yenna's explanation. When she described her own education as 'more extreme,' however, the Shaman confirmed what Yen had already said previously -- the Order still did not train their students in the manner in which they should. At least if they asked Runi for her opinion, which they did not. Caution expressed in Yen's words and tone did not disappoint Runi though. Such awareness was genuine wisdom for a mentor to know the dangers of such a subject. The Dark Side could be quite enticing, after all.

"Of course," she replied to Yen's joke about throwing the Padawans into the deep end. "After all," Runi cradled the short woman in one arm as she found a thigh to perch on, "you can always give them a firm rap on the head if they try drinking the water." That might sound like merely a joke under the circumstances, but Yen had visited the Briirud several times. She knew Runi was not above doing precisely what she'd said. The wooden swords weren't just for show as many a student had learned the hard way.

"I would never refuse traveling somewhere with you as company. No matter how far the destination may be. Life is made for living."
Runi lifted the kettle with her free hand to set it aside to cool just a bit before introducing the herbs. "Nor would I find it unpleasant to return here again." The Shaman drew in a deep breath and looked out over the tree tops below. "Far more peaceful than a city-planet." They could forego all responsibilities and hide from the galaxy, but that hardly seemed the sort of thing either of them would find long-term satisfaction in doing. The company might be nice, but there'd be the desire to explore and to help others clawing at them. At least they were together, wherever they went.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna giggled at the Shaman's words, relaxing into her embrace as an arm wrapped around her. "A cane, I should get, for that." She teased as she looked up at Runi. She was quite familiar with the Shaman's methods, though she couldn't deny that it worked wonderfully.

The woman went on to comment on the Jedi's suggestion of travelling the galaxy with a wholehearted agreement, going so far as to add the spiritual aspect of a trip like this to it all. They didn't voice it beforehand, it was simply something they both knew and silently agreed on, but it was still good to hear it being said aloud. She watched the woman pour them a cup of the newly brewed tea wuth a smile as she nestled into the woman's embrace. However, the topic of armour soon cropped up in her mind again.

"You know... without your armour, I've never seen you." She muttered, looking up at the woman. A guilty laugh soon followed up. "And... a bit less comfortable, it is. To feel beskar, not as pleasant, it is." She admitted as a faint blush filled her cheeks. It didn't exactly feel appropriate to ask a Mandalorian to remove their armour, she imagined that it was like asking them to take off their clothing or even their skin.

But at the same time, feeling closer to Runi without the iron in the way felt significantly more special as they sipped at their tea and watched the sun go down.

Yen could also use the Force to pinch or 'gently' tap students on the back of the head as well. Runi didn't make that suggestion, however, because she didn't want to encourage behavior she, herself, did not engage in. The Manda (Force) was a spiritual essence of Creation; it wasn't necessary to utilize it for correcting learners. Convenience bred complacency and dependence. Yen with a cane giving taller Padawans a corrective thump would be a sight to see as well.

Without her armor? Yen had an interesting way of broaching a topic after a brief pause for the pouring of tea. "Of course." The Shaman gave a muffled bark of a laugh. Just the armor was it? Well, the hard metal certainly wouldn't be the most... pleasant to lean against. Not that Mandalorians cared for 'pleasant' except in private in many cases. Still, there was nothing that said never to take the armor off -- provided they weren't putting themselves or their vod in danger by doing so, naturally.

"If I remove the cuirass I will need both hands," Runi said after she'd taken a sip of tea and set the cup aside on a rock. Unlike most warriors, the Speaker's armor was not a full suit of metal so it would be easier to remove. It held enough Mandalorian iron to serve in battle, but it was not a suit of war. A Shaman did not walk expecting to be set upon by hordes of enemies. Such armor often restricted the wearer's movements -- not noticeably by most, but then they weren't seeking to manipulate the lifespring of the Universe in the heat of the moment either. "I'll also need you to take responsibility if any enemies appear while I'm defenseless." As though Runi's armor were the only means of defense the Shaman possessed.

Yen would likely comply quickly enough, which would leave the taller woman the means of unbinding the cloak and upper torso armor as requested. Runi spared the short woman a glance and made a call on removing the leg plates as well so her feet didn't get cold. When she finished, Runi gathered the cloak of feathers in one arm; it might soon be nice to drape it across her shoulders and about Yen in her lap for comfort.

With her armor being a mixture of reinforced leather and metal, Runi didn't wear an extravagant underlayer. A tight black supporting bra and shorts kept the Shaman from being disrobed. Too much extra clothing beneath her usual outer wear kept in too much body heat, and was unnecessary. It was also incredibly rare a situation like this would come about.

Meanwhile, the two wooden swords had been carefully set atop the folded set of gear off to one side.

Slightly lifted brows awaited Yen's appraisal or remarks. If nothing else, Runi was ready to hold her once more as they enjoyed a little more tea together.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna was rsther relieved that Runi didn't take any offence to her request. She even joked about the situation, earning a laugh from Yenna. She climbed off her friend's lap and stood aside, watching with curiosity as the woman unfastened her armour and set the pieces aside with a practiced hand. "A Jedi knight in shining armour, do you need? Provide that, I likely can." She teased right back at the woman.

However, she soon swallowed her words when the layers simply kept coming off until Runi was practically sitting in front of her with nothing but her underwear to keep her modest. The little green Jedi's cheeks turned a deep shade of green as she looked up at Runi for a moment, completely stunned by the situation.

"I... um... a body glove, I thought y-you had... or something. Oh dear... uncomfortable, I didn't mean to make you." She apologized as she stood next to her with her golden eyes diverted out of respect. But even that didn't feel right. "I-I... don't... misunderstand me, do not... b-beautiful... you are, I just..." Her hands came up to cup her cheeks as she tried to hid her burning face. She tried to take a sip of tea with her shaky hands but even that couldn't suppress the guilt she was feeling towards Runi...

"Uncomfortable?" Runi gazed over at the suddenly bashful, green woman. The Shaman's abdominal muscles had clear definition, as did the rest of her body. They did not bulge out our of proportion, but despite being a 'magic' user it was clear Runi didn't sit around all day meditating. "Yen, a warrior is prepared to fight naked if need be. And no one makes me do anything." The Shaman added after a moment's pause, "I admit it is a bit cool without my armor on," noticeably so, "but I was hoping with you in my arm and the cloak about us that wouldn't be a problem. Should I put my armor back on? I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

Truthfully, Runi hadn't even thought of this as being too little. Enough was still covered to be decent. Perhaps Yen was merely more bashful than Runi had given her credit; the bold woman did have something of a wild streak in her. Was that limited to only copious amounts of alcohol? Seeing how their time together had just begun it seemed the two of them would begin discovering all sorts of things that'd never been broached before.

Yenna Yenna

Runi reassured her that she was far from uncomfortable or pressured by the situation, going so far as to invite Yenna right back into her lap with the idea of a warm cloak around the two of them. The little green Jedi calmed down quite a bit at her words as a sheepish smile took hold. "Ve-very well, then." She muttered.

Making things both a bit more comfortable and a bit more fair, Yenna shrugged off her Jedi cloak and set her belt aside as she walked back to Runi and situated herself in the woman's lap. Her cheeks were burning all the way as she got comfortable, using the Force to summon her cup into her palm.

"You know... rather scandalous, this is." She quipped with a giggle. "In such a position, a Shaman and a Jedi Master... luckily, alone, we are." She continued as she glanced up at Runi with a mischievous smirk. Taking another sip, Yenna leaned more into Runi with a sigh and stared out ahead of them.

A perfect moment by all accounts. Were she a bit taller, she would have attempted...

Perhaps...

Yenna took the risk and shifted again, standing up to plant a kiss on Runi's cheek before sitting down again. "Perfect, this is, Runi. Tomorrow, explore further, could we? Beautiful, it all is, right now." She muttered with another long sip of tea. The sun was steadily descending, casting its stunning, orange hue over the land. "Besides... sundown, it seems to be now." She snickered before looking up again. "Warm enough, are you? To my shuttle, should we go?" She offered as she shuffled a little closer against Runi.

Yen removing her cloak and belt was unexpected, but the Shaman didn't complain. Long as she didn't feel obligated to do any more. Runi carefully draped her cloak of feathers about her shoulders, but shifted it around to ensure Yen was enveloped as well.

Runi slightly gazed down at the shorter woman in her lap. This was a rare experience. Rarer still when it was more intimate than social. Naturally a Shaman might hold someone in comforting them, but to do so out of affection... She thought about trying to recall how long it had been, but then wondered if that would only pain her in the recollection. Not all memories set aside were pleasant ones. In fact, most were those of grief and loss.

A smile surfaced under Yen's scandalous remarks. Ah, perhaps, but then they were alone. Which had been much of the point, really, coming to this world of all worlds. Isolation. Parted from the countless distractions of the industrialized world.

The sensation of Yen shifting in her arms drew the hazel eyes back down, but not before the green woman managed her kiss. "Ah," the Shaman blinked and glanced briefly out at the horizon, "of course." There was time to explore further tomorrow. A gentle pull kept Yen close as they sat there before the sunset. "Perhaps," she added after Yen's invitation, "after the sun has set." There'd be time and light enough after that to find their way there. Runi lifted her eyes up toward the setting sun for a moment. Then she leaned down to kiss the top of Yen's head. There was time, after all.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna nodded at Runi's insistence on staying until the sun had set completely. There was no complaint from the Jedi as she relaxed in Runi's embrace. The moment was simply perfect.

And then the Jedi melted further into Runi's embrace as she felt the kiss on her head. Her cheeks burned and a stupid grin affixed along her features at the simple gesture of affection. She finished her cup of tea and set it aside with a wave of her hand, choosing instead to rest her hands on Runi's arm around her. If she had a few drinks in, she would have attempted a more bold approach but for the moment, Yenna was perfectly content.

"Tempting, it is, to stay for a few days. In a hurry, I certainly am not. Not like this. With you." She admitted softly as she spared a look up at the woman before her gaze returned to the setting sun.

She didn't want to go anywhere. And she could only hope that, whatever the future had in store for them, their new relationship would continue to strengthen and soar.

She was confident in that endeavour.

When the sun's last sliver disappeared and the only light around them was the small fire under the tea pot, Yenna shifted once more to stand face to face with the woman as her little hands rested on her collar. She regarded the woman for a moment as she scraped her courage together and leaned in to give a kiss on the woman's lips. "Head inside, let us." She muttered as she pulled away with a gentle smile.

She was very confident in that endeavour...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom