Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Many Trails of Studious Exploration

"Fascinating," Runi echoed. "Not at first. They get more interesting over time, and the more of them you learn. All the similarities. The different ways the same concept are represented. The unspoken emphasis placed on certain concepts, and what gave rise to them." Most people learned languages in order to communicate. Quite the utilitarian purpose. Some studied them deeper, of course, and uncovered the foundations on what seemed so common place.

"Malachor. I believe your red friend would love if you found a gift from that era inside," Runi remarked with a subtle humor to her tone. Of course, the Shaman hadn't minded when Yen hopped back upon her shoulder for a view. Her eyes followed along with her companion's search for truth -- or at least a key. It was pleasant exploring that dark place with Yen.

Not too surprising though to learn the place wanted blood. An old practice that often found its way back in use. Much like the resurgence of Jedi or Sith whenever they were "finally" vanquished. You couldn't kill an idea. Postpone its return by a good, long while, but not kill it. If that were the case there would be far fewer woes in the galaxy -- certain mistakes in The Beginning could have been undone.

"Oh? Are you offering to cut me, Yen?" A shadow of a smirk graced one corner of Runi's lips.

As the Shaman drew one of her swords, she pinched and ran two fingers down the length of its edge. A casual flip in the air had the grip extended out toward Yen; Runi's fingers pressed upon the flat of the blade to hold it there. "If you intend to cut yourself, Yen, be careful." A more verbose warning could be given, but Yen wasn't foolhardy.

It would be better if Runi were the one bleeding for them to enter -- only because it seemed rude to expect her friend to shoulder the burden -- but perhaps Yen wanted to take on this challenge. Long as Yen didn't make the wound too deep. There were often traps within traps when it came to the Sith. It could be a timed trial -- the slow lose of blood until a solution within was found. Or perhaps it was intended to draw out either desperation (failure) or rage at 'suffering such an indignity' (success) -- the Sith never suffered the weak that scambled, scrounged, or sobbed. So many twisted possibilities.

"I won't let whatever specter remains possess you." Unless Yen invited it in, but what were the chances of that happening? She was a Jedi Master, not a foolish Sith Acolyte that thought the dead shared power. Runi certainly hadn't come here looking for a dead Sith to prattle endlessly by her side. Yen's company was infinitely better.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna giggled at Runi's joke, sparing a look at her. "What Zlova will like, I am not sure. Help me pick, you can." She joked right back. While it was a joke, Yenna was certainly going to keep an eye out for anything worthwhile to study or take with her. Her collection was growing bigger with each expedition like this, and there would be plenty more opportunities on this particular trip.

Runi seemed to have found her funny bone as she teased the little green Jedi. "Of course! Into little bits, I must dice you." She snickered as she watched Runi draw her sword and hold it out to her, giving a far more serious warning along with a declaration that made Yenna all warm and fuzzy. "Worry, you do not have to." She reassured as she reached up towards the edge of the blade. It was far too big for her to hold, but it had more than enough sharp edge to it.

With a breath, Yenna rested her hand on the edge and gave a tug, earning a gasp and a grimace from her. "Quite a bit, that hurts." She muttered with a pained smile. But it gave her what she wanted.

She flexed her little hand a bit before she smeared the blood against the door. The trail started to smoke and eventually the blood burnt away, causing the door to groan as it began to lift up for them. "Help me, can you please?" She asked as she pulled a small medpack filled with bacta patches and bandages from her robes, holding it out to Runi along with her injured hand. The door was taking its time, after all.

"Sterilisation, do you need?" She asked with a smirk as she pulled her flask from her pocket. It certainly wasn't needed, Runi took care of her weapons. She wasn't concerned that it was some dirty, rusty blade. But it was fun to poke at the Shaman with her flask.

Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

The Shaman's brow rose slowly at Yen's quip. "Must you?" A dance of blades with Yen certainly sounded fun. The mischievous creature knew Runi would never just stand there and be diced to bits. Perhaps they'd have an opportunity later to spar. Such exercise was good for the body and soul. Not that she believed in the Echani philosophy of battle being conversational, but it could be enlightening all the same. Facets of a personality not expressed otherwise.

Perhaps Runi need not worry about Yen, but she would remain alert regardless. The tiny alcoholic ancient was endearing. Anything that thought to separate them forcibly would find out why people warned others of the wrath of the reserved soul.

A subdued grunt followed Yen's request after her blood touched the door. Runi knelt down before Yen and reached out to take the medical supplies. Her hazel eyes rose to regard Yen as the Shaman took her time in examining and then bandaging the wound. The door wasn't flying open, and if it thought to close before they entered Runi would 'politely' ask it to wait. As sure as she'd been about her own blade, Runi didn't overlook Yen's well-being even with such a relatively small wound.

"Why?" the Shaman asked calmly as the finishing touch was given and the supplies tucked away. Runi calmly lifted the sword up as though inspecting it visually. "Is it still thirty?" With a quick flick of the blade off to the side of the pair, all evidence of blood vanished from the wooden length. The corner of Runi's lips curled upward with the now-clean blade on display as if to say perhaps it had been thirsty.

"I'm pleased you brought a medpack, Yen. Even a Master of 'The Force' should not become too dependent upon it. It is a gift." Seemed an opportunity for them to just chat about one another and their Orders. Nothing weighty or serious, merely educational. Perhaps they'd exchange a few observations or thoughts. Until they stepped inside the dark interior of the pyramid and the strange mix of craftsmanship in statues, yet minimalism in architecture.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna watched as Runi treated the wound on her hand, a giggle escaping as she watched the trick with her blade. There never seemed to be a limit to what the Shaman could do. Runi went on to comment on Yenna's vigilance concerning the medpack, earning a bright smile. "Of course. A crutch, the Force is not. Help others, it is there to. Besides, a good proactive approach, it is, to have a medpack handy." She answered simply.

Once they were all set, Yenna led the way into the dreary temple. She finally drew her lightsaber and ignited the cyan blade for some light in the dark hallway. "Us to find, what do you expect?" She asked as she came to a halt. In front of her was an ornate statue of some warrior. If she had to guess, it was either the master of the temple, or something close to them.

"For traps, we must watch-" Her voice cut out as she stepped on a tile, only for it to give way beneath her. Spikes emerged from either side of the wall, missing Yenna by only an inch or two as she leapt back on instinct. She blinked a few times as she watched the spikes retract and the trap reset. "Saying, as I was..." She chuckled as she continued on, far more careful on where she stepped.

The studious woman was a delightful companion. It seemed the two of them had a great deal in common, which let the Shaman relax a little in her company. Not entirely, of course. Couldn't afford for the wrong secret to be loosed back into the world into one of Yen's books. A matter hardly worth mentioning. More important was not becoming so attached Runi lost track that Yenna herself needed to walk her own path. Couldn't deny the woman her own challenges in life; that would be rude.

"Few have ever gotten through the door," that she knew about, "so there should be quite a bit left behind by the former Sith occupants. If we're fortunate they left some holocrons around." Scrolls were nice, but given the passage of time such parchment would probably crumble at the touch.

Runi stopped along with Yen and turned her attention toward the statue before them. It wasn't often you found a temple that wasn't practically destroyed from neglect or washed away by the elements. A place like this could be easily reoccupied if someone knew how to navigate all the hazards.

Speaking of which, Yen managed to find one just then.

Hazel eyes tracked the spikes as they withdrew before Yen made a quip about their timely appearance. "Have you had the chance to explore a place this intact and ancient before? There could be Force traps, but I wonder if they have any ray-shielded cages, or even droids tucked away somewhere?" An opportunity for Yen to chime in on matters she might be eager to discuss. "I couldn't imagine someone better to come here."

Yenna Yenna

"Very fortunate, that will be. But even then... crucial, it is not. The structure, by studying, we can learn much." She nodded in agreement with Runi as they continued on. After her close call with the trap, Runi brought up a very interesting thought that had the little green Jedi pondering all the way.

"Not so sure, I am. From other structures... technology, the sith do not favour. More elaborate traps, there are, in some. But in most, quite simple, they are. Tests through the Force. Spikes, maybe even..." Yenna trailed off as she halted, using the Force to halt Runi as well before she could take another step. "... With the style, something that fits." She smirked as she pointed to two metallic orbs embedded into the walls on either side. The floor itself looked inconspicuous, though the seams were what caught the Jedi's eye.

Using the Force, Yenna hopped over the hidden platform and waited for her friend to follow, before she crushed the two arc projectors. "Visitors, I think, this Sith did not like." She joked as they pushed on. Though something was starting to poke in the back of her mind. Exploring the dangerous ruins had her contemplating a number of things.

"Say... Runi... ask you something, can I?" She started gently as she spared a glance up at the woman. "An odd question, I have, but... for someone special, have you ever looked?" She asked with an embarrassed smile. The darker shade of green along her cheeks were an indicator of where she was going with the question.

The hall split into two, drawing Yenna to a standstill as she faced the Shaman. They could decide which way to go in a moment. "Or... on it, given up, have you?" She continued.

Studying the structure could be educational, the Shaman agreed privately. Interesting to find Yen wasn't so swept up in the moment to be espousing grand dreams of what they would secure from this venture. Well disciplined in almost everything but her drink?

A soft, thoughtful hum accompanied her companion's thoughts about the traps. Runi agreed once more to the logic the other woman applied to the situation. Experience and understanding of the Sith went a long way to ensuring someone's survival on Dark roads. They likely preferred simple means of traps so their students couldn't easily detect them; so the Shaman believed but hadn't a chance to say aloud when Yen seemed to bar Runi's movements.

Hazel eyes fell upon the orbs that the Jedi took the time to point out.

Without complaint, Runi bounded over the trigger to join Yenna on the other side. "Observant as always." Another useful skill to have. Sith, as Yen said, rarely liked visitors -- especially uninvited ones. Even so long after their passing their possessiveness endured.

As they strode into the depths of the pyramid, Yen poised a more cautious question to her Shaman guide. Naturally, Runi glanced down at Yen as she briefly turned her eyes upward. It didn't take long before the real question dropped and the source of the more guarded and even bashful tone became clear. When the hall split, the duo strolled to a stop and faced one another. It seemed the moment where Yen would appreciate an answer, and perhaps she didn't want a random trap interrupting the response.

Runi stood there for just a second as she gazed into Yen's eyes. "I have. Not in a long time. I haven't given up, but it's not so simple." Those were the short versions of the multiple questions cast in her direction. A slow exhale followed a steady inhale as the Shaman wondered how far this would go. "Relationships are built on trust. Trust from understanding. Understanding from knowledge. Knowledge... that can be as disturbing as it is insightful. I would need to find someone I felt I could share pertinent secrets, and that in doing so I would not destroy the ability for them to tell their own tale."

"Someone with an open mind that didn't rush to judgment, perhaps. Not blinded by prejudices. Calm. Attentive... Discrete."
The corners of Runi's lips seemed to curl up a bit. Or perhaps it was merely a shadow cast by Yen's saber. "Do you think the Haunt of this Temple might be interested?" She had a good inkling as to the real motive, but if Yen wasn't going to be straight about it then the mysterious Shaman didn't want to be the first.

Yenna Yenna

As they came to a halt, Yenna listened carefully to what Runi had to say, unaware that she was holding her breath through all of it. She finally breathed again as a laugh escaped her from Runi's comment.

"So sure about that, I wouldn't be. A love song, he wasn't exactly performing." She joked with a gentle giggle. Her golden eyes continued to stare up at the woman. Her words were a great comfort, but even then the little green Jedi was nervous about what she really wanted to ask. There was no turning back now. She crossed the point of no return when she initially asked the first question.

Taking a deep breath, Yenna stepped a bit closer to Runi as she clasped her hands, her face burning at the prospect of what she was about to ask. "Interested, the spirit might not be... but... I am." A soft smile emerged. "A chance, to take, would you want? With me?" She asked her softly as she took another step forward and held a hand out towards Runi. "Calm, I am not always... but certainly for you, I can be." She quipped as her smile began to spread.

They needed to move soon. She could feel something drawing her to the left side hallway, but whatever it was, it could wait. The spirit of the temple would be in very big trouble if it decided to interrupt them now.

Runi gazed down at Yenna in the face of her first retort. "I wouldn't be sure about that. Once, an Archpriest of Azrune sought to destroy an entire planet to pledge their love for me." A moment later she added, "I happen to be on the planet at the time." The fact no one alive probably even knew of the Sect of Azrune hadn't even crossed the Shaman's mind. What mattered was the point -- people could do the damnedest things when it came to love.

Then Yen stepped in closer, which captivated the Shaman's attention. What she wanted to say would come in due time. Fortunately, such a time was far sooner than late. "You are calm enough already, Yen." Runi reached out to take her hand gently. Long as Yen promised not to divulge the secrets of the galaxy when training her Padawans to hold their drink. More importantly, Runi felt she should be the one asking if Yenna was certain of her course. There were risks on the Path Yen had her eye on. "I wouldn't mind spending more time with you." A small smile graced Runi's lips.

It was a chance. Not a decision arrived at from endless deliberation. There were some advantages. A few cautions. Matters of personal history where some chances had gone far afield. Runi didn't seek out others to bide her time with because it felt too akin to distracting someone from their Life's Path. Yen had made this decision herself, however, so... the Shaman wasn't an obstruction to Yen's course, right? She would need to meditate on that later; so many memories weren't instantly recalled to know if this chance had been taken before and where it might lead.

"If any further confessions result here, the specter may grow inconsolable." Most probably wouldn't take a Sith Temple as the most romantic location either. Then again, there was only one Yenna and one Runi; so most weren't them. If Runi had know beforehand -- she wasn't psychic even if sometimes it seemed she knew more than she should -- perhaps the Shaman would have convinced the spirit to be more... useful under the circumstances. Some refreshments, perhaps? No need to lament what could have been (as unlikely as it would have been). "But life is for the living, so pay no attention to its groaning." If Yenna wanted to talk further, she should feel free to do so.

"Before we press on," speaking of ignoring the spirit, "Yen, can I ask... why me?" True, many were short lived compared to her species, but there were candidates out there. Yen wasn't the last of her kind or the last of her longevity. So, naturally, Runi was wondering what caught Yen's attention.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna blinked at the Shaman's little story, a brief laugh escaping her. "Rather troublesome, that relationship would be, I think." She joked. The name escaped her entirely, though she would likely ask Runi for more information on it later if the woman was willing. For now, however, they had far more pressing matters to tend to. Her friend's jokes certainly helped to break the tension somewhat for the little green Jedi. "Happy, the spirit must be. Some company, it is getting again, after a long isolation." She quickly added, reassuring Runi that she was far from bothered by the spirit's potential intervention.

"Yen, can I ask... why me?"

It was a heavy question Yenna expected somewhat. After all, they were both quite reserved, neither of them would do something like this just on a whim. There was a reason for each and every action or decision they took. "Kneel, could you, please?" She asked sheepishly, hoping to be a bit more level with the woman. Once she was able she rested her tiny hands on the woman's knee as she looked up at her. "Many reasons, I have." She started simply with a warm smile.

"A lot, I like you. Close, we have grown, over the years. And... great pain, it is, to outlive those we love. Plus... exploring old, creepy ruins, we both like." She chuckled softly at her own little joke. Though her gaze stayed on Runi for a few moments. "Special, you are, Runi. To me. Very fond of you, I have grown. Completely, I understand, if this direction, you do not wish to go. A lot, you mean to me. Friends, as long as we can be, despite what you choose, very happy, I will be." She gently caressed the woman's knee as she looked away for a moment, trying to cool down her burning cheeks. "But... happiness, we both deserve. And..." She looked up at Runi once again. "Make you smile more, I hope I can." She finally finished.

Her tiny heart was beating hard in her massive ears. She knew that Runi was not just any random person. She wouldn't be broken if Runi wasn't comfortable with this choice. After all, she knew it wouldn't be for physical reasons. Species and the like didn't matter to the Shaman.

Happy? Yenna certainly had an upbeat outlook on even Dark Sider lifestyles. Pleasant, actually.

Runi knelt down at the shorter woman's request. The Shaman rested her own hand atop those of Yenna as she began to explain her position. What followed was a recounting of their time together, their shared interests, a wellspring of time on their hands, and... a lack of martial exploits. Perhaps, later, the Shaman would caution her shorter companion about not touting a Mandalorian's prowess on the battlefield. Just happened that Runi was unlike even many other Shaman of the Mandokarla given her unique perspective; akin to how she was likely one of the very few Mandalorians that would talk to a Sith rather than shoot them first.

Slowly, she reached up to cup Yen's cheek in her hand. "I would like that. It is difficult seeing so many passing through... even knowing they are not truly gone, it is not the same. Having someone to talk to, and hold, I would like." Runi gave Yen a small smile.

Eventually Runi would have to contend with whether she could let go when the time came. As she told so many others, however, there was no need to forego little moments in life because of what might happen in the future. If the outcome was not certain, and the reward potentially worth the trial, then why deny it?

"Does this mean I'll be haunting your Temples more often? You should warn your fellows." There were a few that hadn't seen eye-to-eye with the Shaman on a few matters over the years. A few Masters too. Not that Runi held it against them. The very young could at times see things from new perspectives.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna felt relief wash over her as Runi decided on giving this potential relationship a shot. She leaned into Runi's hand on her cheek as her eyes closed for a moment, her soft smile growing in warmth at the touch. "Well, plenty of time, we'll both have." She muttered as her eyes opened with a glimmer. "And... for you, quite easy, it will be, to hold me." She giggled as a hand pulled away from the woman's knee and rested on Runi's.

Her next comment earned a bright laugh from the Jedi as she envisioned Runi suddenly materialising at the temple on Coruscant. "Oh, mind one bit, I will certainly not. Besides, asked, if any questions are, a diplomatic visit, you can brush it of as." She joked, her golden eyes searching through Runi's gaze. Yenna finally pulled back from Runi, only to hop onto her knee and lean against her for a hug. Though she took the opportunity to plant a quick kiss on the woman's cheek before she pulled away and hopped off.

She felt over the moon. Her excitement might have been contained, but it was certainly present in her. She was going to be bouncing off the walls when she returned to her ship. In a fit of amusement, a harsh gust of wind wailed through the hallways along with an enraged echo crying out with it.

Yenna looked down the hallway and then back to Runi. "Happy, it is, I do not think." She quipped as she took hold of Runi's hand and gave a gentle tug. "Continue, shall we?" She asked.

The rest of the journey into the temple was spent with Yenna occasionally glancing up at Runi and pondering over her new reality. For the first time in a century, she had found someone she could give her heart to again. And this time, there was no burden of age to weigh either of them down. Yenna had centuries ahead of her, and the prospect of it coming to an end was meaningless to her. For if they had nearly a millennium of years to spend together, go through the motions and strengthen their relationship through thick and thin... how could she have any regrets of it coming to and end?

More traps awaited them in the temple. Hidden chasms in the upper halls, a hidden doorway that opened up to a mummified carcass of some vicious animal, likely something that withered away over the centuries despite the heavy influence of the Dark Side.

But it all culminated into a bizarre discovery in the higher levels, right in the center of the pyramid. Some kind of circular offering room filled with all manner of riches, artifacts and ornate weapons. Trophies and offerings lined the walls and the sight of it all had Yenna practically vibrating in place with excitement.

But it all paled in comparison to the tiny, red pyramid hovering in the center of the room between two spires projecting from the floor and ceiling. A holocron. The center of the temple's power and likely what contained the spirit of the Sith.

Yenna's first instinct was to simply pluck it from it's resting place, but with a deep breath she paced around the room. "Incredible, this all is! My birthday, not even, it is." Her grin stretched from ear to ear as she studied it all, notes upon notes compiled on her datapad along with numerous photos... though a few of them were suspiciously taken in such a way to include her new... girlfriend? It felt so bizarre to think of Runi like that. A more fitting word was lost on her in the moment.

"Now... very valuable, all this is. But... a strong suspicion, I have, that, come down, the temple will, if we remove the holocron." She speculated as she approached the holocron and carefully studied it, taking very cautious and careful precautions not to disturb it or anything else in the room in any way.

Yenna stepped away and came to a halt by Runi as she caressed her chin in deep thought. "Think, what do you? Some artifacts, do we try and take, and leave the holocron? The holocron, do we take, and escape just with it? Or disturb nothing, do we?" She asked Runi as she approached one of the artifacts again. A small box with a very odd presence inside it. A Kyber crystal, if her presumption was correct. "This warrior's lightsaber, I believe this is." She muttered.

Runi smiled as she watched Yen just stand there and bask in the moment. How long had it been since she'd taken such a chance? Uninvited advances not included, of course. Long enough not to remember how indulgent such moments were. Luxuries. Well, even the Mandokarla could spare themselves one or two every now and again. What was the point of life if not to live it? "I'll take that as permission." Their differences in stature did give Runi the advantage, but exploiting that was something Yenna would never need to fear.

Diplomatic visit? Well, that wasn't an untrue statement. The Enclave did indulge the Mandokarla's pursuit in matters of culture and well-being of the populace. Shouldn't be a problem even though Yen's research had little to do with diplomatic ties between the two governments -- not enough to justify a personal visit. Yes, Runi could simply use the tried-and-true method of giving people just enough information for them to conjure up a story all on their own, and admit her as expected.

Once Yen hopped up, the Shaman couldn't help but hug Yen as she wanted. Though Runi was a bit surprised at the kiss. "Bold as ever," Runi murmured as Yen darted out of range.

"It's only polite to greet our host," the Shaman replied after the ghost's display of malcontent, and Yen's prompting. It was nice strolling through hostile territory with Yen's hand in her own, now.

Their progress was steady with no great haste. Some traps were more interesting than others. The mummified beasts, for instance, had Runi lean in a bit closer during her examination. A remark about a failure to properly infuse it escaped Runi's lips before she straightened up so they could continue on their way. After all, even a pile of bones could be animated by the Dark Side -- done properly.

A bemused smile graced Runi's lips as the excitement in Yenna practically burst into flames and the short, green woman was engulfed in the moment once they found the central chamber. It was pleasing to see the place was in as good a condition as the Shaman expected. Even without the place being pillaged there were no guarantees what might have been left there.

As they prowled the room, Runi often pretended not to notice Yenna taking a few discrete pictures. There were one or two where the Shaman made sure Yen knew the Shaman knew she was in frame. No humorous hand signs, but she did her best not to appear too unflappable. It was... unfamiliar territory -- being in someone's personal collection of holophotos. A few students now and then did it. Perhaps a guest or two of Resa, but those were all matters of duty.

"Ah." Runi slowly inspected the room once more with her eyes. "It does seem a shame to intrude upon this moment in time being so well preserved," she admitted, "but I rather it were a dutiful and open-minded student of history like yourself than a lucky pirate." The temple might have managed all this time undisturbed, but there were no guarantees. Eventually someone would find their way here even if it took a few more centuries. What would be the point to leave it all here undisturbed once more? "Provided you think it is worth study."

On that note, Runi was faced with something of an ethical dilemma. "I could try to retrieve the holocron for you. It may not be as disturbed by my hand as it might a Jedi's. Before you answer, however, do you feel it's safe to possess the holocron or the lightsaber?" Putting her personal conflict aside, it was important Yenna not be unduly influenced by the dead. Sith often imbued objects with dark energy and someone improperly prepared could become possessed by the emotions or drives stored in them.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna's cheeks were quick to turn green again when she noticed that Runi was posing just slightly for some of the photos. So much for doing it discretely, though she hoped it wouldn't make Runi uncomfortable. It likely didn't, otherwise she would have said something about it. However, her attention was quick to focus on the dilemma at hand, as well as Runi's suggestions. She raised a few excellent points.

"Dangerous, the artifacts are, yes... but, to deal with them, we have ways. By far the most dangerous, the holocron is." She commented as she eyed the items around the room. "However... knowing Sith... who takes it, it does not matter. Power, the Sith crave. Two forms, they always have. One with power. One craving it. Sith, Jedi, neutral... matters, it does not. To secure its power, this Sith likely wished. Come down regardless, I think it will." She explained as she checked her datapad's notes.

She hummed in thought then gave a nod. "A few things, let's take first. Then, for the holocron, we come back last." She suggested as she used the Force to carefully removed a few items from their resting place. To her relief, nothing seemed to happen as she walked out with them back to the entrance. It took a long while, but eventually a neat pile of goodies laid on the ground beyond the hovering earth they stood upon. Eventually it was all compiled with Yenna once again jumping up to wrap her arms around Runi's neck in a hug. "Amazing, this all is! To learn, what knowledge is there? Help the order, this could! Strengthen padawans, bolster knights... Runi, against the Dark Side, it could strengthen the Order." She thought aloud of the potential. "And the history! Centuries of neglect, brought to life again. Know, the galaxy should, of the good and bad." She hopped and skipped over the trap triggers on her way back to the central room.

"The honours, do you want?" She asked as she smiled up at Runi.

The Sith weren't entirely without reason. Some Lords might set a trap to kill their rivals (even those centuries later, their egos could endure something fierce), but others that went this far might want a protege or vessel. It was difficult to tell which had set up their last, enduring stake in the world from what the pair had seen so far. Could go either way. It didn't hurt to operate under the belief touching the holocron would cause a collapse, however; Yen seemed eager to relocate everything else of historical value before attempting it. So there was no need for the Shaman to suggest otherwise.

Besides, the scholar present had made a decision on the matter. It would be rude for Runi to suggest Yen wasn't accomplished in her own field.

Naturally Runi kept an eye out for anything trying to afflict Yenna with a curse as they carefully migrated the contents of the Sith Temple outside. Especially the lightsaber. If there was anything else present that the Sith might have latched on to it was that -- certainly if they'd been a warrior. Didn't matter if the Jedi believed they had procedures and protocols to handle such artifacts; Runi had seen meek and great alike fall into darkness thinking everything was well in hand. The pair had only just agreed to see where things led, so nothing was going to end that road as soon as they started down it.

With an excited Yen launched into the air, Runi bent her arm and extended her elbow out a bit to offer a place for the shorter one's feet. A smile touched the Shaman's lips at the hug as Yen crowed about their achievement. "You're quite intelligent and insightful, Yen, but it's still surprising to hear you say that. The Mandokarla did not view the... Force in the same way, so our students are taught of both extremes. Jedi, however, rarely seem inclined to learn from their philosophical counterpart. Has that changed?" Were other Masters as eager to learn and adopt teachings of the Dark Side? There could be 'neutral' topics gleaned, of course, but all it would take was being told it came from a Sith holocron for people to stop listening. Or so it was more often than not over time. Runi would be pleased if the Order wasn't so rigid in such matters any longer.

Once more, the two women slipped back into the depths to find the central chamber. Yen offered Runi the honor to retrieve the holocron, which caused the Shaman to peer down at her companion. Was Yen trying to give Runi something to take away from the moment seeing how Yen was going to squirrel away all the spoils? That was fine by Runi, really. The Mandokarla didn't try to seek out or secure Objects of Power. "Hopefully this wasn't someone I knew," Runi quipped as she reached out toward the holocron with her right hand. Seemed unlikely. The spirit hadn't appeared or been railing against her so far. Difficult to keep track of all the souls Runi had encountered.

Only a second passed before Runi looked back down at Yen. "We could do it together," she offered with a small smile. If they already thought to take a chance being together, they might as well break out of old habits of doing things in isolation.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna was taken by surprise at the sudden philosophical question. She pondered it for a moment as she tried to figure out an answer. "Well... the Light, we stick to. Powers born from Darkness... a massive taboo, they are. Our padawans, as we teach... Emotion, yet peace. To draw power from one's own emotions, to fuel one's own power with them... the Jedi, way, that is not. Calm, we must be. Composed and clear-minded, we must strive to be, to help others. However... my belief, it is, to study their ways. To understand it. Otherwise, ignorant of the Dark Side's threats, we shall be. Combat it's corruption, we can not, if, understand its influence, we do not." She tried to explain.

It was certainly not the best time now. Such a conversation could last for hours between the two of them. "Later, about this with you, I would love to talk. A fascinating topic, it is. Perhaps, over a cup of tea, we can discuss it again." She suggested with a smile as they made their way back to the central room.

A laugh erupted from the little green Jedi at Runi's remark. "An awkward reunion, that would be." She quipped with a snicker. Though she fell silent as Runi suggested they pull it free together. Yenna's warm smile returned again as she hopped onto Runi's shoulder. "Alright... together." She agreed as she reached out with one hand and wrapped the Force around the holocron. Then, together with Runi, Yenna pulled the holocron free from its resting place.

Immediately the presence disappeared from the temple. But a low rumble echoed through the walls around them. "Time to go!" The little green Jedi spoke as she held onto the holocron.

A personal belief. Pleasing as that was to know, it was unfortunate the Order as a whole was not so enlightened. "I would enjoy that," the Shaman replied to her friend's invitation.

Well, she was a friend. And more? Perhaps they would need to discuss that as well, or perhaps it would become clear in time by act rather than word. Even she could not foresee the certain future; nor had Runi any desire to do so. Too much certainty could be as debilitating as too little.

Delightful it was for Yenna to join Runi in extracting the holocron. Something to symbolize what they aimed to achieve in the years to come. That the Sith force present decided to try burying them alive for their intrusion did nothing to perturb the Shaman. There was no need for alarm. Haste, yes, but not fear.

Runi turned and darted back the way they'd come. Yenna was a Master Jedi so there was little worry she'd lose her perch along the way. Even if some of the traps involved a flip or side-to-side leap here or there to avoid their triggers or their projectiles. Not every trap could be avoided; some had to be triggered and that haste used to barrel straight through the danger zone. The pyramid was aimed to bury them and would not wait. If anything the traps were likely designed to stall someone leaving as much as they were to bar their entrance in the first place. A delay long enough to have them crushed. A prudent measure, and despite Sith being short sighted when it came to their spiritual well-being many were quite intelligent.

She didn't stop until they'd bounded back across to the other side of the chasm. Just in time to look back as the floating isle with the pyramid atop it to sink with the roar of an avalanche.

"A shame. The loss of that period's architecture,"
Runi remarked as she turned to stare down into the rubble below. You couldn't always carry everything of intellectual value from a place. At least they had the opportunity to witness it.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna held on for desr life as Runi rushed through the crumbling hallways, narrowly avoiding a few of the traps along the way that had Yenna get a little bit anxious now and then. But it quickly passed, and soon they were standing on the edge of the chasm as the floating ground and glamorous pyramid sank and crashed with a thunderous tremor.

"Indeed. A great loss, it is. But... some photos, at least we have." A smirk formed as Yenna raised her datapad to show a photo of her and Runi narrowly avoiding one of the traps. A chuckle escaped as she put her datapad away and began to make some distance between them snd the chasm. "Some tea, let us have. Plenty of time, there is, to explore. But time for tea... scarce, that is, these days." She commented as she hopped back onto Runi's shoulder.

Unlike last time, however, this was simply to be close to the woman. She could easily walk alongside the Shaman, but she preferred to spend a moment close to Runi before continuing under her own power once again. "Fascinating, that temple was. Who this sith is, very curious about, I am." She admitted as she studied the dark holocron. With it removed now, the spirit was cut off. Secluded inside the little device.

The Shaman looked down at the image on the datapad with lifted brows. Yen had taken a picture during all of that? Runi wasn't certain how she should feel about that. Had such a thing ever happened before? Evidence of the mischief was swiftly tucked away, however, and the pair quickly departed the scene of the crime.

One thing Runi did like was Yen being on her shoulder. It made it easier to look her in the eyes. The contact wasn't unwelcome either. Most would... hold hands, wouldn't they? Since they were in the wilds, keeping their hands unoccupied might be for the best. Everything worked out in the end. "Perhaps there is not always time for tea, but there is always time for us." Which, really, philosophically speaking was the same thing -- and then some. The Jedi often were drawn into countless skirmishes, which no doubt occupied far too much of their time and attention to their own needs as individuals. Runi had a personal interest in Yen's well-being now. That had been true before, but its importance had risen considerably in the past few hours.

A hazel eye regarded Yen and the holocron as the Jedi Master mulled over the mystery in her small hands. Best if Runi didn't confess what was known, she thought. A little mystery was just what Yen enjoyed, and she had the skills to uncover some of the answers at least. Maybe not all, but who could claim to have all of the answers? Even Runi was merely a humble Shaman that wandered here or there. "It should prove a challenge getting the holocron to yield its secrets to a Master of Light. I hope your Padawans do not manage to get their hands on it though; the honeyed words of a Sith Lord are often quite alluring to the young eager to prove themselves." Why struggle in training when you could just bathe in darkness? Naturally those of Darkness never spoke of the cost.

"Are you working on a new book?" The lack of time for tea hadn't forestalled any further advances on her scholarly work, Runi hoped. After all, there was plenty of time in Resa to sit and read.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna was a little disappointed that they weren't going back to the camp, but it didn't last long as Runi commented on the holocron. "Oh yes. Difficult, this will be. To serenity, our holocrons react. But these? To emotion. To passion. Darkness, they open to. Corrupting, this device can be. To lesrn its secrets, very dangerous it is. Too dangerous, if it proves to be, seal it away, I shall." She explained. Even now, the holocron called to her. Like a voice of temptation, begging her to make just one little exception.

She tucked the holocron away, ignoring the dark voice. She had grown resilient against its call over the decades, even this device would not be strong enough to dissuade her.

"A book?" She repeated. A grin formed as she looked at Runi. "Yes! On the Tusken Raiders, I have one. Very difficult, it is, to document them. Also, accepted into the archives, my book of Mandalorians has been." She explained with a proud glimmer in her eyes. "For books, many ideas, I have. But... these days, little time, I have, for it. Hopefully, calm down, things will. A priority, books and expeditions, are not. My padawans, a priority, they are." She admitted softly as she looked around them for a moment. The forest was beautiful to say the least. And with the new development between her and Runi, it seemed to simply add more beauty to it all. "Going next, where are we?" She asked gently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom