Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Many Trails of Studious Exploration

K R A N T

Runi Kuryida, Speaker of the Mandokarla, knelt atop a precipice that overlooked one of many expansive forests of Krant nestled in a deep valley. Her hands rested atop her thighs. A gentle breeze swept over the outcropping. The wind was pure here unadulterated by industrial pursuits. There were a few settlements on the world, but they were no so populous or near for there to be chemicals, lights, or noise of the countless souls in the galaxy to intrude upon the moment. Even the wildlife was relatively at peace over most of the world; Krant not being known for its carnivorous species.

It was not an untouched paradise, however. Even worlds on the very Rim of the galaxy scarcely managed that after such a long life-age. Krant was, perhaps, fortunate enough to escape the worst of fates. It thrived despite the challenges.

Even from where the Shaman knelt in communion with the surround she could feel the ebb and flow of energy from opposing sites on Krant. Forlorn refuges of the Jedi, the Sith, and even those of long-passed military encampments. Krant was not untouched, but it held its own. Which was in part why Runi was there -- the world offered a great deal of possibilities to explore. Alone, certainly, or with another.

Slowly her hazel eyes slid open and her left hand calmly adjusted the smoldering timber at the center of a ring of stone. The flame kept the water hot. Runi had a practiced hand at maintaining the right temperature for whatever brew or tea she was making. After all, there had been plenty of time to perfect the art and not an ounce of haste to warrant relying entirely on all the technological development of the galaxy for something so simple. Not everything required a sense of urgency.

It wouldn't hurt if Yenna Yenna joined the Shaman there sooner than later, however. If it was solitude Runi sought she knew quite a few places to stake a retreat with no possibility of being disturbed. Though, admittedly, few were as enjoyable in view or possibility as Krant's forests.

The Jedi shuttle zoomed overhead, touching down a distance away from where Yenna was supposed to meet Runi. She had been looking forward to this journey for a while now. With two new padawans, her new duties as a master, and the rising tensions against the Empire, these blissful trips were becoming a lot more scarce. It usually wasn't an issue, but she had missed Runi greatly. It was always a pleasant time with the Shaman. Somebody who seemed to understand her better than almost anyone else.

The little green Jedi disembarked and adjusted her cloak as she looked around. A warm smile adorned her lips as songbirds flew overhead, only to land in a tree and bicker amongst each other. It was a beautiful planet. Not just physically, but also through the Force. The purity of it all was something to be admired.

After a few minutes, she finally arrived at the outcropping Runi was overlooking. She approached her with a smile, lowering her hood as her golden eyes watched her. "To see you again, very good it is, Runi." She spoke up as she closed the distance. Her eyes shifted to the boiling kettle for a moment, her smile merely brightening further. "Some tea, are you brewing?" She asked gently, taking a seat beside her friend. "A beautiful planet, this is. Pure, it feels." She muttered with a deep breath.

Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

Runi turned her head aside to look back at Yenna as the Jedi Master approached. "You are always welcome to share tea, Yenna," the Shaman replied calmly. A small smile spread over her lips as the shorter woman moved to settle in nearby. Her hand reached out to retrieve the wooden grip of the pot in order to lift the vessel from its perch over the flames.

Slowly, Runi poured tea into two cups set on a tray between them. Only three quarters full. Not that Yenna had unsteady hands, but it was polite not to risk scalding a friend when sharing tea. A cooler region of the cup to grasp was equally important even if they could use the Force / Manda to holding it aloft without actually making contact.

"Similar to Kestri," she replied in agreement, "though requiring less layers to endure." Runi still wore her cloak of feathers, but not the mantle of feathers or furs that often accompanied her on the icy world. "There is a great deal to see here, if you desire a walk among the trees to find them." Opportunities. Yenna could choose to linger here, of course, and talk rather than go on an adventure. Many choices and all relaxing in their own way from the many burdens the Jedi carried on a daily basis now.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna watched with a smile as Runi poured a cup for each of them. They weren't large by any means, but for her it was certainly a steady size to hold. Not that she was phased for even a moment, she picked up the cup with both hands and held it out to her as a gesture of gratitude before taking a long slurp. "Perfect... thank you, Runi." She muttered with a pleased sigh as she stared out over the land ahead of them.

"Similar to Kestri,"

"though requiring less layers to endure."

Yenna snickered at the comment as she glanced up at her. "Quite more comfortable, it is." She quipped. "But, that cloak you gave me, a reason to use, I need. Visit again sometime, I must." She commented as she took another long sip of the tea. "Still there, is Zlova? In a while, we have not spoken." She asked calmly with the cup to her lips. That day on Scarif was still special to her. She never expected to find a friend in a Sith, but she did not complain. Though that was a concern for later.

Right now some tea with Runi was all she cared about.

"There is a great deal to see here, if you desire a walk among the trees to find them."

That suggestion immediately caught Yenna's attention. Runi knew how much she loved to explore old sites and ruins. "Very curious, you have me now." She admitted with wide eyes, another slurp lingering as she raised the cup. "Finish the tea, can we? Go anywhere, I'm sure the sites will not." She smirked up at her friend.

"You should. There is still much you could find in Resa," Runi agreed with Yen suggesting she should visit again. One could spend their entire life there -- if that was their Path in this life. Yen, however, had much to do elsewhere. It did not seem her time would be spent long in Resa, but that did not rule out visiting time to time.

The Shaman joined Yen in taking a sip of tea as they sat there beside one another.

"The Twi'lek?" Runi smiled over at her Jedi companion. "She visits, now and again. She enjoys teaching the young about the fierce nature of the Sith. Her pride in her heritage has no limit. If you would like me to encourage her to contact you, I'm certain she would." The outspoken Lethan woman never hid what she thought of people -- Jedi in particular. That didn't mean Zlova was beyond speaking with one of their kind though. At least that is what was evident from what Yen had said. Seemed the red woman had left an impression, and not one born of blood.

Another small smile graced the Shaman's lips as Yen seemed taken by the idea of visiting a local site or two. Yen's desire to study and research the world was a large part of who she was as a person. It was good to hear the Jedi was in no rush, however. Their Way did not encourage haste. "Even the ones that wander tend not to go far," Runi agreed with a slight nod. Most sites didn't move, of course. There were a few special ones, however, whose entrance was not always in the same place.

"How have you been, Yen? I admit, I am glad you could join me. We have not seen one another in a time."

Yenna Yenna

A mischievous smile formed as Runi talked about Zlova's antics. "Oh, no need. Seen me, just tell her, you have. Contact me, I'm sure she will. Enough of me, she can't get." She snickered as she took another sip. "Perhaps, a little jealous, she might even get." She quipped with a wink. It was a dangerous game the two of them played. Zlova trying to get her to fall, and Yenna playing with her ideals as Sith. But it was a special friendship for her. Odd, but certainly special.

"How have you been, Yen? I admit, I am glad you could join me. We have not seen one another in a time."

Yenna let out a tired sigh as she thought about everything going on. "Busy, I have been. Ascended, I have, to the rank of Master. Two new padawans, I also have now. A handful, I'm worried, they will be. In love, they are. There too, I was. Almost a century, it has been, but the emotions, I know well." She let out a laugh at the prospect of taking Kyell Laysel and Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok on a trip. "But, good, it is. Deserve someone, we all do. Though, discipline, they will be taught. Dangerous, such attachments can be. But... strong, they are. A risk, I'm confident, it will not be." A sad smile graced her lips as she thought back on her old life.

With her last sip, Yenna used the Force to pour another cup for herself and for Runi before resting the kettle back on the fire. "Busy, my new duties keep me. Journeys like this, more rare, they are now. Appreciate this, I really do, Runi. With the war, archaeologists and scholars are not needed. Soldiers, I fear we are becoming. Already a victim, my padawan is. An arm, he lost... and scarred, he is. Not just physically. But his love, my other padawan, is helping. Though, her own troubles, I feel she has." She took a long sip of her tea for a moment, until her eyes looked up at Runi.

"And you? With you, how are things? Staying out of trouble, are your people?" She chuckled, already expecting an answer on that.

The Shaman lifted the stick and again adjusted the burning embers in the ring as Yen inquired as to her own state of affairs. "Mandalorians do not stay out of trouble, Yen. At times they perpetrate it." But only when the galaxy had grown too stagnant. Or those that had fallen in with the Maw. Runi gave a soft chuckle. "The Enclave is weathering the endless wars of recent years well. Not without cost, but it is our Way -- to strive, to fight, and to grow."

She would have given them a more tranquil existence, if she could, but such was not the Way of things. There was a flaw in the diamond that was the galaxy; everything bent toward chaos. It was enough to maintain a balance and to establish a life for those under the Manda's care.

"War is not the Way of your people, Yen, but it is a trial the Jedi face every generation. Pivotal moments that define one's identity. It is easy to become lost in the passions of battle; even some Mandalorian become lost on their own Paths and need a guiding hand back." Becoming consumed with blood lust was not the Way of the Manda. Blood lust was a tool. Used effectively one that could turn the tides of a hopeless cause into victory. Indiscriminately, however... "There is something of a resonance between our kin. To be expected as we are all Children of the Manda. The continuum between the Jedi and Sith is much like that of the Mandalorian and the Echoy'la, or Lost -- those truly Dar'manda."

"Troubles plague us all, Yen. Help them see that they should not cause them to hesitate to ask those closest to them for help when the need arises."
The Shaman looked over at her companion. It was a common plight among those that suffered -- forgetting that they needn't do so alone. There was never a 'right time' or a 'perfect time' or even a 'good time' to ask for help. Everyone wanted to live a peaceful life free of burden. None had managed the feat. There was no point worrying how it might 'burden' a friend -- it would be ever more burdensome on that same if the ailment was left untreated and festered.

"As I hope you will, should your new rank prove to be a heavy mantle." Runi offered Yen a smile and reached over to lay a hand gently upon the other woman's shoulder.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna listened intently to Runi's words of wisdom. Despite being nearly two centuries old, Yenna couldn't help but feel like a child when Runi gave her these moments of insight. She knew that Runi wasn't normal. There was something special about her. Yenna was certain that the wisdom of years far past what she appeared came from this oddity. But she would never dare to ask about Runi's past. She would share on her own time. All that mattered was that Yenna had a friend who would be by her side for a long time, and who cared for her.

She gave a slow nod as she finished her tea, still staring up at Runi with wide eyes. "Hesitate, I will never. That mistake, I made once. Costly, it was. My master, I lost too, because of silence. My padawans, to suffer that fate, I will not allow." She spoke up as a bright smile formed. "For you, I'm there too. Talk, if you ever want... where I am, you know." She stood up and climbed onto Runi's lap to give the woman as strong a hug as she could, before hopping off again and looking around.

"Go, shall we? About those moving sites, you made me curious." She chuckled as she looked back at Runi.

A walk with her was always an odd thing. There was never any hurry. Never a need to jump onto her shoulders because Yenna couldn't keep up. They walked with the patience of centuries. With her life always being in such a hurry, she sometimes forgot that she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

But even that was cause for haste sometimes. Forty years were a blink of an eye for her, when it was a whole lifetime for everyone else. She might not be in a rush, but that didn't mean everyone else she knew had that luxury. "Runi... if I'm being presumptuous, please forgive me... but... deal with loss, how do you?" She asked her gently.

"Young, I still am... but, for others, ancient I am. Nearly two centuries. A husband, and two families, I have outlived. My padawans, I will outlive. And... everyone else too. Deal with this, how do you? Accepted, I have, this fate. Made peace with it, I have. But... heavy, it still is. A love, to outlive. Family and friends... heavy, it can get." The hurt was clear in her voice, despite her calm tone.

Runi's eyebrows rose slightly before they settled over a warm smile as Yenna climbed up to give the Shaman a hug. Hm, well, Runi could use people to talk to as well. There were some matters that wouldn't be shared with just anyone, after all. The only thing Runi would need to take care about was whether Yen decided to write something down. Not that she'd do that for anything personal. Well, nothing perceived as personal -- and that might be the difficult part for both of them. No point worrying over it in any case.

"Good," the hazel-eyed woman proclaimed as she rose to her feet, "never stop being curious." It was one of Yen's personal traits, after all, as a researcher. Curiosity had little value for a warrior. Best to hold on to one's defining characters; the galaxy had enough soldiers.

After the camp was quickly tidied up so a stray ember didn't set the forest ablaze, the two women set off on their trek through the wood. There truly wasn't any rush to reach their destination either. Krant was not a planet full of viscous monsters. Although, that didn't meant it was free of danger -- especially as they drew nearer any Sith sites that would be bleeding Dark Side energy. Well, some exercise never hurt. They should workout their core and arms in addition to all the leg work, yes?

Along the way, Yen spoke up and drew Runi's attention. Loss? The deceptively young-looking woman then laid out the source of her question.

"We may be forced to accept things, but that does not mean we must like them." Runi turned her gaze ahead with a soft exhalation. "I perceive the world differently, Yen." The Shaman gave a brief chuckle. "Forced to reconcile with it long ago. Not by choice. You understand." Of course, being a long-lived species, Yen would understand as she'd just described a moment ago.

"Some chose different routes. Resentment. Distant observation. Meddlesome. I was meddlesome, once. Until I embraced the journey was more important than whatever inevitability might come from it." Runi looked back over at Yen. "I grieve, but I also know that while the future will not be the same as the past, the spark of what was will be once more. The souls of those I care for are not truly gone. Even though they do not know my face when next I see them again..." A sad smile graced her lips. "Bittersweet it is to know a soul and be a stranger to them, but they remain. That is how I endure, Yen. I strive to give them the best life every time we meet."

"More importantly, I cherish little moments among friends. Making as many opportunities together as I can. Remembering the times we've shared. Pressing on to carry the candle of their memory forward. It is a silent suffering to be truly alone on such a long and perilous journey."

There were certain details of that lifestyle she did not volunteer in the moment. It was not so easy as that, but Yen was pained; sometimes certain things simply didn't need said. Unless the enterprising researcher asked later, perhaps, for a page in a book and not as a personal inquiry.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna looked up to Runi as she spoke about her own experience, revealing a bit more of who she really was in the process. They were both beings forced to live through pain and heartbreak, century after century. Yenna understood better than anyone what Runi felt like, jus as she understood Yenna's predicament. However, she did mention something that piqued Yenna's interest. But it could wait until after she finished talking.

"Little moments." She muttered as she looked ahead with a warm smile. "The same, Zlova said. On Scarif. Little moments with loved ones, we must cherish. Truth, there is, in that, for people like us." She admitted. "Perhaps, harsh on my padawans, for their relationship, I should not be. A blink of an eye, their lives are. Enjoy it, they must." She looked at Runi with a glimmer in her golden eyes. "Learn something, we perhaps might." She teased with a snicker. "Need someone, we all do..." She muttered to herself wuth an unwavering smile.

But her smile faltered as she came to a halt. "Darkness, I feel." She spoke up, sparing a glance at Runi. "Feel it, do you?" She asked her as she carefully continued on, trying to search through the Force for some kind of answer. Her mind went back to what Runi said, about different sites and ruins on the planet. But what could cause such darkness on a planet this disconnected?

Last edited:
Well there were reasons why Zlova was allowed to visit. Chief among them being the Mandokarla did not discriminate unless someone refused to act in a civil manner; aside from that, however, the Not-Sith Mandalorian Twi'lek did enjoy her philosophizing. To a point. She was more the type to live according to her beliefs rather than espouse them to others. Interesting to hear the red woman had said something similar to Runi herself. Scarif was it? Then doubtful it had been the Shaman rubbing off on Zlova so early on.

"To a point," Runi added quickly when Yen said she should refrain from being too harsh. It was true they lived shorter lives, but undisciplined emotions might led them down a dark Path and sully their short existence. There was no need for them to be celibate, but a little discipline would not be amiss.

Then the shorter woman gave Runi a look, which held the Shaman's attention. Learn something, was it?

Before that could go far, Yen drew up short with an alertness to her previously warm gaze. Runi stopped beside her and turned her hazel eyes out toward their surroundings. The Darkness felt, however, did not stay Yen's feet long, and her companion resumed her trek in stride. "There is a Desire that yearns to be taken from this place. It has been neglected for at least an Age," the Shaman replied quietly.

With the Force (or the Manda) there was no greater threat than the desires of its conduit, weaver, or whatever label they chose for themselves. It could amply a person's greatness, or sink them into their darkest depravity. Runi stole a glance at Yen concerned that the presence here might represent a thought the Jedi Master had just uttered.

Despite her stance as an Observer, Runi reached over with one hand to take that of the Jedi's with a small smile. "What should we do?" They were there together; it only seemed fair to exchange thoughts on what they now faced.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna heard what Runi said, but didn't immediately react on it as she continued to push forward towards the Darkness. Something dormant, neglected according to Runi. The Shaman certainly had the scholar's attention with a comment like that.

What finally earned a reaction was her comparatively large hand taking hold of Yenna's. The little green Jedi halted as her gaze shifted to their hands, and a glimmer returned to her eyes. "Well, investigate, of course." She quipped with a beaming smile. "Malicious, if it is, we must tend to it. If not, leave it, we can. Regardless, about sights, you bragged confidently..." She teased as she tried to squeeze Runi's hand to the best of her ability. "Flee from them now, we certainly can't." She continued, holding onto Runi's hand as she proceeded forward.

Were she a foot or two taller, she could perhaps have dragged Runi along as they continued on. Unfortunately she had to settle with recoiling back when her short arm reached the extent of its length. "A few inches taller, I sometimes wish I was." She joked with a snicker.

"You do call it 'The' Force," Runi retorted in good humor. A small quip that if physical stature was an issue then a little invisible aide should make up for it -- Yen being a Master of said font of power.

Far be it from the Shaman to hold up an adventure, however, the dark haired woman made strides to enable Yen's haste. A casual stroll in good company should not be wasted, but neither should matters of interest be needlessly deferred. A balance of time well-spent. Not an easy thing to manage, but when you lived long enough a person could find their stride.

"You won't be disappointed what you may find here, Yen. A woman of your aptitude could find many secrets on Krant. Few gave it any attention."
The moons might be another tale, but the forested world was blessedly ignored. A fact some had once taken advantage of long, long... long ago. So long no one could scarcely recall those events ever having occurred at all. Truly a bittersweet pill to observe so much history in person.

"Well let's be off before I make any other suggestions." Another low key joke. Perhaps Yen would find a comfortable perch on Runi's shoulder?

Their quarry wasn't terribly far; the two women could easily reach it on foot. Neither were out of shape. Jedi may not be 'warriors' per se, but they did not neglect their physical bodies. If it wasn't for their idealism their faction wouldn't be that far off the mark from the Way of the Manda. One of life's little amusements -- how similar two differing groups could be in such a large galaxy and yet scarcely notice.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna chuckled at Runi's retort. She certainly had a point, Yenna's control over the Force more than made up for her lack of physical strength. But she tried to not abuse her power for vain reasons. It was beneath the Jedi to use the Force as a toy or a means of laziness. Still, She did give a light wave of her hand to give Runi a nudge from behind as she gave a smug grin. "Like that?" She quipped.

As Runi pushed on, Yenna hopped onto her shoulder and laid a gentle hand on her head to keep herself steady as the tall woman moved quickly through the forest towards their destination. "You know what it is, you sound like." She spoke up as she glanced down at Runi. The darkness grew closer with each step, but Yenna was unable to figure out what they were looking for. What waited for them in the forests of Krant.

"Quiet, you have been, about what awaits us." She quipped with a smile. "Such a surprise, to deserve, what did I do?" She teased casually as she looked around them.

The Shaman gave the Jedi Master a look at the nudge. The sort of mischief expected from the shorter woman.

Soon, Yen actually did ascend to find a perch on Runi's shoulder even without suggesting it. Well, the Speaker of the Mandokarla had endured far, far heavier burdens. It hardly meant she'd taken on the responsibility for Yen's safety -- though that was a given for those in her presence -- as the Jedi could handle herself. Actually, it was kind of nice. Akin to how those of equal height might more lean in together.

"You came. I don't often get the chance to have 'adventures' or even casual conversations." The Shaman chuckled. "There are thinkers among the Mandalorians, but it is not a widespread pursuit. Few want to listen to a crone drone on about philosophy or the nature of the galaxy. And there's my habit of rapping them on the head with a wooden sword whenever they act out." In short, Yen's company was enough to deserve a reward. For a curious soul like her, a mystery should be just that.

"Oh, Yen, I should mention--" Runi's free hand rose with her finger spread out wide. Six black balls of energy swarmed from between the trees from multiple directions. The attack coalesced into a larger ball before the Shaman's open hand. Her fingers curled shut. Then snapped open. Seven white balls were flung back into the woods from whence they came. "I can't directly intervene. The conflict would spiral out of control." There'd be no fun telling Yen everything about the nature of the challenge ahead. Still, Runi had to keep in mind something that could mirror its opponent would be quite dangerous with the Shaman being present -- unless both parties accepted something of a ceasefire.

Yenna Yenna

A happy warmth emanated from the little green Jedi as she listened to her friend. It was odd to hear that something as simple as casual conversation was cherished so much by the Mandalorian. It was a revelation for the Jedi as well. Nothing could be taken for granted. Even something as calm and arguably meaningless as a cup of tea and conversation with someone was a precious moment. She should have known it already, better than most. Yet she found herself quiet for a moment in contemplation.

"A crone, you are not." She reassured with a giggle as she looked down at Runi. "But... right, you are. Something as small as this, even... precious, it is. Our moments together, for me, are very important. Though... on the head, a smack, I'd prefer to avoid." She looked up again with a chuckle. Though her smile immediately dissipated as several black orbs flew towards them.

She was about to project a barrier when Runi seemingly halted the orbs and sent them back. She stared on with confusion as she trued to figure out what happened. "Huh?!" She looked at Runi as the woman mentioned not being able to intervene. "What are... is that... huh?" She stammered, hopping off her shoulder as her hand rested on the hilt against her hip.

She wasn't going to draw her weapon just yet. She still didn't know what they were even dealing with. A ripple in the Force caused her to jump up and forward, just in time to avoid another orb zooming past. "Runi... is that, what is?" She asked with a hint of concern as she watched the Orb fly back. Clearly her answer was waiting deeper into the woods.

Unclipping her hilt from her belt, the little green Jedi wandered deeper in the woods on high alert for any more dangers coming their way. The Force flowed through her body, ready to be used at a moment's notice.

"As a Mandalorian, I never said this, but I think giving you a smack on the head may prove a bit more difficult than most." A failure to manage her Padawan's relationship appropriately or drinking far beyond her means would warrant the attempt; otherwise there was no need to tempt fate. Yen might not be an old Master yet, but Runi trusted in Yen's skills.

"Darkness," the Shaman replied casually to Yen's first round of confusion. Should Runi bother giving it a technical term? Balls of dark energy. The sort Runi wasn't letting get near Yen. Such an impatient and impertinent mass of Dark Energy ahead. It should know better even if she didn't announce herself. Well, it had been left unattended for some time.

A small frown crossed Runi's features when her friend had to dodge another orb. Honestly, the lack of respect was beginning to incense the Shaman. The very young did not know better until they were taught. Something this old? Senility was hardly a defense for an entity of pure energy -- there were no organic neural pathways to degrade or chemical receptors to stop up.

The trees quickly began to thin as an open area began visible between their trunks. As they emerged, Yen would find the ground ended thirty feet ahead into a deep chasm. An isle of land floated over the pit a valley-wide and mountain-deep. Upon that floating island sat an obsidian pyramid with a gold peak.

"Its way of saying hello." Literally it was translated as 'die,' but you had to read between reading between the lines when it came to the Forces of Darkness.

The peak crackled with blue lightning as they emerged from the woods. Soon the energy flowed down the corners of the pyramid until it was near ground level and then it shot out toward the two women.

Runi made a sharp sound with her lips before her hand rose before her. The beam sent hurtling toward her bent as though a flow of water come upon an obstruction, then instantly diverted off to the side into a tree a short distance away. The other beam, Runi left to Yen for handle in her way.

"Most tiresome." Dark clouds began to boil into being overhead as Light and Dark clashed overhead. The brew was quick in the making as a thunderous crack tore the air open and a bright flare of light burst into being -- a thick lightning bolt had struck from the heavens down upon the peak of the pyramid and left a nasty scorch mark on the golden cap. The Shaman grunted with a slight nod. "Now we may approach. Its disposition will not be any kinder inside, but then it should not start a fight it is not prepared to finish."

Yenna Yenna

The woods soon cleared for a sight Yenna was not expecting whatsoever. An enormous chasm stretched out for a good distance, and in the middle of it hung a landmass with a giant pyramid. She took the moment for a photo and quick notes on what the two of them have encountered, wide eyes adorning her features all through the process.

Finally a snort escaped her at Runi's comment. "An odd greeting, that certainly is." She quipped as she stepped up to the edge of their side. The jump was certainly manageable for the two of them... if the pyramid didn't have any smart ideas. Her suspicions began to rise as lightning built up and shot out towards the two of them. Runi tended to one of the arcs while Yenna stretched her hands out, channeling the Force to draw the lighting to her. The enormous power was absorbed and harmlessly dissipated by the little green Jedi before she leapt through the air and onto the floating landmass.

A cheeky smile formed at Runi's words as they approached the massive pyramid. "Fascinating, this is. Possessing the structure, is a spirit, perhaps? To ask it, I would love to. Though, rather moody, it seems." She speculated, once more making notes as she made out more details in her approach.

"A very nice surprise, this is, Runi." She muttered as the entrance drew closer. "Inside, I wonder what is. Perhaps, some answers, we can find. Who built it? How old is it? Tons of questions, this structure raises." Despite the risk to her life, the little green Jedi was nearly bursting with excitement as she looked up at the golden peak.

"Odd?" Runi had time to asked before the bothersome pyramid tried making its displeasure known.

Yen absorbed the energy, which drew a discrete peek by the Shaman. Quite the talent. Not an easy skill to master -- quite dangerous without a good instructor or considerable restraint. Only something a disciplined mind could manage. No doubt a surprise to Yen's peers given her drinking.

"You can ask. The challenge is getting it to manifest in a form that doesn't involve fire, electricity, thrown objects, gravity wells..." Runi let the thought trail off as the pair strode toward the black structure before them. What intrigued Runi, however, was Yen's nonchalant acceptance of their present circumstances. No remarks about Dark Side Entities and their mood? A Shaman could praise someone that didn't presume a Dark Entities was hopelessly unapproachable. Though they did tend to have foul moods.

"Not everything is as it seems in such ruins, Yen. Still," Runi stopped before the glyph covered doors in a short, rectangular cove, "they are often full of curiosities and puzzles. I think it should be most rewarding." Whether it was enlightening would be entirely up to what Yen hoped to gain by exploring such a place.

Hazel eyes regarded the smooth panels and the golden symbols that adorned them. "Student of Languages?" Perhaps they'd have a chance to get to learn a little bit more about one another as a result of what lay within.

Yenna Yenna

Yenna smirked as she looked up at Runi, listening to her remarks about the type of "communication" that some entities preferred. "Oh, worry, you should not. Quite convincing, I can be." She teased. Though it faded as they drew closer to the door. "Familiar, I am, with the tricks of the darkness. Experienced it, I have. Fear this spirit, I do not." She declared with a hint of determination as she stared ahead.

Upon reaching the door, Runi asked about her skills with languages. Yenna stepped forward and inspected the glyphs and symbols for a few moments. "I dabble. Quite fascinating, languages are. To learn them, I have enough time. As a Jedi, useful it is as well. Particularly the sith language." She answered finally as she slowly moved from one corner to the other, eventually hopping onto Runi's shoulder to get a better view at the higher sections.

"Sith, it is... but... ancient, this temple is. Thousands of years ago, it was constructed. Of Malachor's battle, it mentions here." She pointed to a part of the door. "And... here... the Sith empire's return. Of Korriban, when they took back. And... oh." She looked down at Runi.

"Sacrifice, it requires, to open. Blood. Powerful alchemy, this temple's master used. A knife, do you have perhaps?" She asked her friend as she hopped down, extending a hand out towards her. "To cut yourself, there is no need. Do it, I will." She reassured Runi with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom