Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Magrath Family White Tie Formal

As Armand stood outside of The Magrath Family Estate, he recalled the conversation he'd had with his oldest sister Tmoxin, the conversation which brought him here:

"I don't want to go to yet another white tie party, Tmox."

"You have to go, Armand. I can't go tonight and as a representative of this family you will be my emissary."

"But I have an important experiment I'm working on," he protested, thinking of a test tube back in his lab that really needed to get into a cold crate or else it would spoil.

Tmoxin stopped Armand with firm wave of her hand. "Do I need to tell Mother you said no to me?"

Armand thought about that prospect, closed his eyes and sighed. "No, dear Sister. I'll go."

Ultimately Tmoxin was right. This event would be a good chance for Armand to massage the diplomatic ties that helped his family keep their good standing on Hapes and throughout the galaxy. As well as push any type of Hapan agenda - security, protection and above all a primary place in the Core World's collective government.

Armand's palms were sweaty as he entered the Estate. He was so bad at politics - power, government, financial dealings - it was all woman's work to him at the end of the day. So he tried to focus on all of the beautiful people at the party and who he should talk to first. But most of all he had heard of the breathtaking beauty of [member="Baroness Magrath"] herself and he was hoping to catch a mere glimpse of her tonight.

[member="The Cartographer"]
[member="Sage Bane"]
[member="Laguz Vald"]
[member="Zerrene Torran"]
[member="Cadmus Fontaine"]
[member="Dral Ordo"]
[member="Darth Arcanix"]
[member="Lord Daemos"]
[member="Enigma"]
[member="Feena Mason"]

"Thanks, gorgeous," said Sage who was having much more fun now that he was in the arms of an Epicanthrix man who never failed to stun him with his beauty. He let one of his hands intertwine with Bael's, softly playing with his fingers. "That's what Sage gets for not keeping a watchful eye on a boyfriend who's so good looking it should be illegal. Finders keepers."

His smile turned to a frown as he thought about Cryax. "Speaking of 'Sage.' I'm worried about him. I've heard that the Yorik-Kul has made him Force-dead, and I'm afraid that if that thing stays in his brain much longer, it's going to do alot worse than that."

He had mixed feelings about his brother, especially given the fact that the Chiss had almost dragged Bael into his never-ending saga. Sage hated to bring the subject up at an event like this, but he had a soft spot for the blue bastard.

Taeli stopped as the blonde man approached her, and asked for a moment of her time. She wasn't truly in any hurry, so she decided to do the polite and courteous thing and talk with him for a moment.

"Well, I thank you for the compliment," she said with a smile. "You may indeed have a moment or two of my time."

Bowing, she continued by saying, "Taeli Rae, at your most humble service. Who might you be?"

[member="Laguz Vald"]

Yoru Shakou

These events always had those few that seemed to stand out more than others, or those that attempted too much to seem like they fit in or belonged. Their stance and general behavior lead much to know about them or their background. With a low purring her hand dropped to scratch the head of the Nexu that remained by her side. A small smirk crossing her lips as those golden serpentine like eyes peered upon those that had made their way into her home. It was always enjoyable to spend sometime before making her entrance to her own party watching her guest. It gave her a better notion as to whom she was dealing with and whom had arrived. Of course there would always be fun when a Queen was involved, and the Baroness had ensured that her eyes fell first and foremost upon [member="Feena Mason"], the Queen of Naboo. The young woman appeared as bright and chipper as ever from what the Baroness remembered of seeing images of the Queen. Though she didn't seem to be in the traditional Naboo garb of her station, which disappointed her somewhat. Of course though she could understand the thinking of not wanting to show up the Baroness at her own soiree.

As the guest continued to pile into the front entrance of a large manor, her lips curled into their own twisted smile. Watching as they arrived one by one and began to mingle among themselves. As always the Baroness looked for specific guests that she had hoped would arrive, or perhaps they were merely late. Her hand though was still busy with the Nexu that sat next to her, her mind on other matters as she slowly moved her eyes from guest to guest. Allowing her golden hues the time to take in each appearance of those that spoke and introduced themselves to one another. She was sure though that soon they would be looking for their hostess. With a quiet and gentle nod, a servant that stood at the foot of the steps motioned silently before the crier stepped forward.

"May I introduce my Lady the Baroness Raulyn Hawkshaw Magrath."

Stepping from the shadows finally so she appeared at the top of the stairs, she took a moment. Still looking upon those gathered as the Nexu stepped forward as well. The tamed beast slowly matching step by step that its mistress took. The Baroness' hand still absent minded in its petting of the creature's head. Her eyes though immediately fell upon the Queen, giving a silent nod towards her in acknowledgement before speaking up as she stood upon the first platform of the large staircase.

"Thank you for your attendance. Please enjoy yourself tonight. I will endeavor to speak with you each as the night progresses."

With a gentle snapping of her fingers the doors on each side of the grand entrance were pushed open by the house servants. A large ballroom was revealed to one side, and a full string quartet was playing. After all with this event she didn't want some jizz music that was played in those dark cantinas, she called for only the best. The room opposite was just as grand and elaborate in its decoration, the music carrying into it and seeming to find its own dance around the long table that had various dishes from across the galaxy resting upon it; for everyone's different tastes that was.

• [member="Feena Mason"]
  • [member="Laguz Vald"]
  • [member="Sage Bane"]
  • [member="Zerrene Torran"]
  • [member="Enigma"]
  • [member="Dral Ordo"]
  • [member="The Cartographer"]
  • [member="Nefertari Sovint"]
  • [member="Darth Arcanix"]
  • [member="Lord Daemos"]
  • [member="Armand Temi"]

To say that Zerrene was impressed was an understatement. She'd never even seen this much food and drink on one place before! A dramatic speech about the excess nobles enjoyed crossed her mind, but she ignored it in favor of enjoying their excesses.
The Chiss walked on the outskirts of the feast hall, making sure she didn't look anyone in the eye; just like master taught her.
As always, she made sure to observe and catalog her fellow partygoers; one could never be too cautious.

To say that Zerrene was impressed was an understatement. She'd never even seen this much food and drink on one place before! A dramatic speech about the excess nobles enjoyed crossed her mind, but she ignored it in favor of enjoying their excesses.
The Chiss walked on the outskirts of the feast hall, making sure she didn't look anyone in the eye; just like master taught her.
As always, she made sure to observe and catalog her fellow partygoers; one could never be too cautious.

[member="Sage Bane"]
[member="Laguz Vald"]
[member="Cadmus Fontaine"]
[member="Darth Arcanix"]
[member="Lord Daemos"]
[member="Nefertari Sovint"]
[member="Enigma"]
[member="Feena Mason"]
[member="Baroness Magrath"]
[member="Armand Temi"]

The [member="Baroness Magrath"] was so much more beautiful than Armand had imagined. And the string quartet she had orchestrated only emphasized her beauty. He was momentarily blinded by the sights and the music in The Estate.

But he needed to keep his senses about him. He was used to the matriarchal society of Hapans and therefore was extremely intuned to the whims and desires of women. So how could he ingratiate himself into The Baroness's company? He only needed a little more time to devise a plan.

The Chiss seemed wary of others. Nefertari decided to try to loosen her up a bit.
She strode over to her, Nefertari didn't know this guest personally, she decided to use a more casual approach.
"How do you do?" she said to [member="Zerrene Torran"], hoping to make a friend.

Zerrene was so surprised when someone actually spoke to her, she jumped a bit.
"I-I'm doing fine, thank you. " She stammered out, making sure to keep her gaze just below eye-level.
"I'm Zerrene." She stuck her hand out in greeting, her mind screaming in embarrassment.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

His grin blossomed into a full-fledged smile when the sable-haired woman introduced herself.

"Taeli," he repeated, caressing each letter with his voice. "A name befitting your pulchritude, my lady."
He took her hand then, and pressed his lips to the soft skin in a fleeting kiss.

"My name is Cailin Sarkath, madame," he answered as his posture straightened again. "And I am most fortunate to have met you."

Before he could say anything more, though, a loud voice announced to the foyer that their hostess had arrived. Cailin's eyes shifted to the stairs the Baroness was descending, then to the elegant feline walking alongside her. Fantastic specimens, the blonde man smiled at the prospect of assuming such forms, but buried the thought almost immediately. Tonight was about getting reacquainted with the power plays in the Galaxy, not scaring other guests to death. His gaze lingered on the Lady Magrath for a few more seconds before drifting to the woman in front of him again.

"Would you care to share a drink with me?

"My apologies, I don't partake in alcoholic beverages," she with a smile. The man before her certainly knew proper manners, something she could definitely appreciate. The Baroness certainly knew how to both entertain and make an entrance. No wonder small wonder the woman was very good at the game.

"You understand I'm sure, but I don't like being at such gatherings without having a clear head," she continued as the Baroness descended the stairs and the guests moved into the large and spacious ballroom. "Someone in my . . . position cannot take the risk that I might miss something."

[member="Laguz Vald"]

Cailing nodded in comprehension, a soft peal of laughter leaving his lips.

"I understand completely, madame, but I am most certain that Lady Magrath has thought of people like yourself," he added with a smile, his hazel eyes full of mirth. "I believe we can find at least one drink that doesn't contain any inebriating substances, my lady," the man chuckled as he weaved through the throng of guests in the vestibule, intent on finding a servant that carried something other than alcohol with fancy names.

Luck struck soon after, and he turned on his heel to face the woman again. "Lady Rae," he offered the other tall glass to her, keeping the champagne for himself.

"If I may ask," he started after taking a sip, "what did you mean by 'your position'?"

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Taking the glass, but still not drinking from it ye, she smiled.

"Thank you and as for 'my position,' I'd rather not say, but perhaps you can guess," she said. "A game then? You get three guesses about me, and I get three about? Fair? The prize would for you would be a dance if you guess correctly."

[member="Laguz Vald"]

As dazzling as [member="Baroness Magrath"] and the Queen of Naboo [member="Feena Mason"] were, Armand knew he couldn't just barge into their conversations like some Mooloolian. Etiquette and social graces were instilled into him from a young age. He needed to work his way around the room first.

And it's okay to have fun, he thought to himself. Not every party has to be a diplomatic mission. If Tmoxin felt that he was a failure so be it. At this point her disapproval of him was commonplace.

Armand maneuvered through the crowd to a tall female human with very long hair and a female chiss. They both appeared to be in greeting so took the opportunity to bow and gently kiss the human's hand (the Chiss looked a little apprehensive) and say, "And I'm Armand Temi."

[member="Nefertari Sovint"] [member="Zerrene Torran"]

Zerrene's nervousness and paranoia increased as a human man came over and introduced himself as [member="Armand Temi"]. She managed a clumsy curtsy, just like master said.
"What brings you to this event?" She stumbled out, scrambling for a topic.

Nef's hair rose up a bit when [member="Armand Temi"] kissed her hand. She didn't know this man, but she decided to play the part.
"Well met, Mister Temi.
Turning to [member="Zerrene Torran"], Nefertari said "I'm not quite sure, Jedi don't really get invited to much of anything...and I highly doubt anybody is alive today who recalls the Earldom of Rosedge. So, I am left to wonder."

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Dral Ordo"]

"Truth be told, neither did I." She smirked, wiping a finger across her lips sultrily. "Tell me a bit more about yourself, Mister Ordo. Certainly you have a backstory to tell about how you rose up to this point. "I'd be glad to share at least a smidgin of information about myself to you, were you cordial enough to do something like that for me."

Fair trade - info for info.

Turning to the Chiss, Armand also replied: "I'm here on behalf of my sister Tmoxin Temi who just started her post as Minister of Health and Hapan Services in The Queen's Court." He thought about explaining his lineage to [member="Zerrene Torran"] but could already see her red eyes darting around. Whether she was nervous or just bored and looking for an out, he figured neither females wanted to hear about his family's background.

But a Jedi Knight! That was interesting, indeed. Armand was force sensitive but it had been years since he had tapped into it. Once he had failed his trial to be in the Hapan Royal Guard he had put aside any thought of being a Secret Commando, Jedi or heralded xenopathology scientist - or anything else exciting for that matter. He could see how boring his life had become in the presence of these two intriguing party-goers.

"I don't often run into Jedis. Would you mind telling us about your most exciting adventure, Nefertari?" he asked.

[member="Zerrene Torran"]

"Well, I was a Mandalorian warrior until I was a young man, and I was tricked into getting into the slave trade, for which I was exiled." Dral frowned at the thought of those years.
"It's not something I'm proud of, and I work everyday to make up for that shame. But one good thing came out of those years."
Dral beamed.
"I met my adopted daughter."

[member="Enigma"]

"Don't worry, my pretty. I'll keep my word. He will be freed." Bael replied. As he said this, the woman of the hour showed herself and opened up a grand ballroom and massive buffet for all of her guests. He grinned and glanced back at [member="Sage Bane"], still holding his hand. "I don't suppose you'd care to dance with me?"
[member="Baroness Magrath"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom