Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Lost Hangar

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
"It's about time you came ma'm. And yes the wizards forcefully made an enterance. I would suggest using your normal eyes, because it seems that our sensors are being intefeared with, they only send back garbage data." The droid wheeled over to Joti. "You'r a madilorian correct? If so may I inquire to why your helmet is of distinct design? I have never seen a mandilorian with headwear such as yours."

"Oh this old thing?" She knocks on the side of her odd helmet "It's a custom piece. My last helmet was melted to slag. I don't exactly have a clan to forge the good stuff, So I had to make do with what I could find and make myself. This helm's made from my old partner's mask, And being ubesian, It has a very distinct look to it. Even has the old speech scrambler still."

Figuring that'd cover what the droid had asked and everything it really needed to know, She continues marching with the others into the old hanger, Nodding to her employer, Chaos Maxtor Chaos Maxtor on her way in.

She was quiet for the most part, Save for the little spur jingle when she walked.
This was mostly due to her recent experiences with outsiders, Especially force users. Mandalorians were just tools to them, And most refused to even speak to her kind. A sad truth she'd come to accept by now.

Thwoom thwoom A pair of blaster bolts zip down the hallway past her as the droidekas come to life in the next room, Causing her to dash to the side suddenly, Thumping the wall as she takes cover.
Once the battle had moved just a little, She sprints to the doorway, Carefully peeking around the corner. By the look of it, One of her fellow mercenaries was using some kind of acid to destabilize the ancient droids even through their shields. Clever.

The droidekas were distracted, which was helpful, But she didn't have any way of getting through their shields with her current weaponry, meaning she'd have to get in close or get creative.

That's when she saw it, The catwalk above.

If she knew anything about older shield technology, Their shields wouldn't hold up well under the crushing blow of falling objects, And with the droids distracted, This was the perfect opportunity.

She takes a running leap forward, Activating her rocket boots which quickly carried her high into the air, Allowing her to grab onto the railing and hoist herself up onto the catwalk.
Her switchblade, The "Terminus Shiv", Was capable of cutting through even durasteel with surprising ease. So, She activates the knife, Causing the thing to hum and vibrate at incredible speed, And thrusts it into the catwalk, Jerking it further and further in until she had cut a gash all the way through, Causing the catwalk to bend and warp downward, Forcing her to hover with her rocket-boots again. This wouldn't be enough however. So, She floats to the otherside, And thrusts the shiv back into the catwalk, Waiting for the droidekas to pass underneath before jerking the blade with an underhand grip several times, moving faster and applying more force each time.

"Come! on you Kriffing Baster-!"

Crack-

The catwalk beneath her comes tumbling down towards the droidekas beneath, Leaving Joti to hover above and watch the scene unfold below her.

R1-3G R1-3G Cato Felix Chaos Maxtor Chaos Maxtor Ladybug Ladybug Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Ar'tal Ktruok Ar'tal Ktruok Bat Rum Hilt Bat Rum Hilt K KAR

Bat Rum paused to scoop up the antique blaster from the floor as he strolled by, tucking it into his belt behind his back. Old as it was, it seemed to be in remarkably good condition; the pirate figured it would bring a good price on the artifacts market, or he might just keep it for himself as a souvenir.

The Mandalorian girl (woman? Binary? Gender fluid? Bat didn't like to assume in a galaxy this large and diverse) touched down and joined the group. He gave her a quick salute as she went by him.

El discovered the droidekas, gave the pirate the thumbs up sign. Bat was just returning it when the blaster fire started.

Ducking quickly, Bat Rum rolled to one side, reaching for his blaster with one hand while making sure the antique in his belt didn't fall out. In a crouch, he ran as quickly as he could across the floor, finding shelter behind a long-abandoned service cart. Peering around a corner, he saw Cato firing acid, hamstringing one of the droids. As it fell, it landed badly, or its ancient machinery failed it, for Bat Rum saw the thing's shield flicker and die. Not waiting for a better opportunity, he opened fire with his heavy blaster, putting one shot into its sensor head, and two more into the mini reactor bulb at the bast of its torso. The droidka exploded satisfactorily, but the pirate barely had time to take it in before a wrenching, groaning, metallic noise filled the room from above. Looking up, he saw the Mando igniting her flight pack just as the overhead catwalk came tumbling down.

Covering his head, Bat Rum stood, headless of the blaster bolts flying past, then ran as fast as he could, zigzagging to try and get clear of the wreckage before he was crushed beneath it, knowing all the while he wouldn't make it. In an instant, metal debris tumbled around him, gigantic beams, cross pieces, rivets and stairs raining from above, long-dormant dust filling the room, hazing over his vision. He stopped, his head covered, as the storm of metal raged.

And then, it was over.

He uncovered his head, looked around. He was surrounded by destruction, but seemed to be completely unharmed.

A noise escaped his throat that was meant to be a sentence but came out as a squeak, so he cleared his throat and tried again.

"Um, hey," he said as calmly as he could manage, and pointing behind him, "I got one."

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla R1-3G R1-3G Cato Felix Chaos Maxtor Chaos Maxtor Ladybug Ladybug Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Ar'tal Ktruok Ar'tal Ktruok Bat Rum Hilt Bat Rum Hilt K KAR

Last edited:
Looking over the bodies of destroid droidekas, R1 wheeled over to the broken bots and began to pick through the parts. He pulled out some parts and placed them within his compartment case. One of the parts, a droid brain, he places inside one of his panels . The droid suddenly stopped and carefully pulled one of the droids out, it was in nearly perect contition. The impact from the catwalk had damaged the "head" but overall it was in better shape than the rest. R1 pulled the body back to the door and picked up the dropped restraining bolts. After attaching on of the bolts to the taken Droideka he turned around and said "Just in case".

R1 turned and wheeled over to Bat Rum. R1 pulls out one of the droid brains. "I'll traid ya".

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla R1-3G R1-3G Cato Felix Chaos Maxtor Chaos Maxtor Ladybug Ladybug Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Ar'tal Ktruok Ar'tal Ktruok Bat Rum Hilt Bat Rum Hilt K KAR

Cato Felix

C
As quickly as it had begun, it was over. The lasers that had threatened to turn his brain to fried eggs a moment ago, were suddenly silenced.

Cato exited the cover, saw the destroyed droids, and holstered his weapons.

"Good job."

He didn't know who had contributed the most, but hey, a win's a win. Now he needed to be with the group. Apparently the threat wouldn't come from behind. He still didn't trust the group, nor did he feel welcomed, but he had formed a bond. They fought together. The only relations in his life were with the slavers that treated him like fodder, and then the gladiators that he fought side by side with. It made him feel more at home.

Target: Neutralized.

Seeing the targeting signatures fall off her HUD one by one, She begins her gentle descent downwar, Rocket bots jingling again as she touches down.

"Everyone good? I didn't realize there'd be such a mess..."
Despite being here for the money, She was genuinely worried for anyone that could have been caught in the falling rubble.
After her initial touch down, She moves the check out the fallen droids, Walking past Cato Felix .

"Good Job."

"Hey, Not so bad yourself merc"

She chuckles, Giving him a sort of finger gun gesture.

"That acide thing was a good idea, I'll have to remember that."

"You too," She turns to Bat Rum Hilt Bat Rum Hilt for a moment. "Those were some good shots. It may have been an accident but I'd say we did a good job of distracting and taking opportunities as they came up. If we can do that consistently, Well, It'll take more than old droids to threaten us" She chuckles.

When the dash of discord had erupted in the hub chamber, El had cursed quietly to himself and cut to the left, thinking that between himself and the others present, they would be able to flank the ancient droids and take them out easily. That is what he thought, but by the time he had found some cover and ducked back out to get a clean shot, the action was already over. He hadn't even seen who'd made all the notable shots; where there had been several perfectly operational droids, there were now smoking husks, some spattered with sizzling acid nearest Cato's position, and of course, the debris which had rained down from where Joti had been hovering.

"Well, no fun left for me?" Elgyn chuckled, stuffing his thumbs under belt and bandoleer as he moved forward to inspect the damage. He kicked a limp droid arm, and then noticed the emerging figure of Bat Rum. Everybody seemed to be whole, which was better than a lot of the ambushes El had walked into in his storied career.

His attention was drawn then by Joti, congratulating the rest of the ragtag team, and he was impressed not only by her attitude but the ingenuity of overloading the droidekas' shields with debris. “Very well done.” he complimented her. She was right. Each of them had contributed and no one seemed to have been hurt. However, with his companions working as a unit in this manner El found potential in all of them working as a team. “All of you have my respect. Your reactions were quick and to the point.

He paused for a second then continued.

“R1, my friend do you think you can direct some of this auxiliary power into that console over there?” El pointed to the large pillar he had found cover. The terminal was set into the wall, its screen had been flickering as though it was trying to return to life. “If you can, I bet I will be able to pull up a map of this facility. We need to get some power running to that hangar and get some light and those frelling big door open.” Once they had some light in the hangar, they could find a way into the ship. He scanned the room a bit. It was empty minus the skeletal remains minus and the scattered few cargo cases and weapons that had done no favors to their owners. “Then we can loot whatever is left of this place and booya! We fly right outta of this place for booze and bantha steaks!” He exclaimed putting on a charming smile.

"Fan out, lets see what are in these crates."

Bat Rum Hilt Bat Rum Hilt Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla R1-3G R1-3G Cato Felix

"I will try my best sir." R1 rolled over to the console. after examining it for a while the droid turned to El. "I can however doing so may cause an emergancy security reaction. This place may be far more important than we realized"

~incomprehensible otherworldly screeching~
Ar'tal had been lagging behind. He wished to study the architecture and style of the base to see if it was a military compound and which government it served. "Pretty sure this is an old CIS compound." He then saw the destroyed droidekas. "Well, you found that out already. Anyway, you are right Maxtor, we should search the crates. But! I think you should see this." He flung a completely intact, yet deactivated B2 Grapple Droid onto the floor. "You lot wanna take this guy outta here and see if we can reactivate 'em?"

Cato Felix

C
Cato didn't know what the droid was, but he liked the looks of it. It had pincers, and a blue color to it. He knew some old droids...B1s and B2 Super Battle droids had been used at the arena often. He'd killed many. This one wasn't quite the same, but it clearly was based off the B2 Super Battle Droid. He knew they could be modified to have flamethrowers, pincers, rocket boots, and other extensions. This one had the pincers. Perhaps it was one of a kind?

"We'd best be careful, if that thing wakes up it'll be a tough fight. If it has pincers, it's probably blaster-resistant so it can get up close."

His warning was mostly common sense, considering how well the group had handled themselves in combat. Still, better safe than sorry.

Bat Rum fanned out as much as an individual could, walking over to a stack of crates stacked against one wall, nearly hidden in shadow. Rather than having locks, they were simply latched shut, and to the pirate's thinking there was little of value in an unlocked box. However, lifting the lid of one, he saw it was full of mechanical parts. Taking a moment to look at the faded label on the side of the crate, he saw a series of serial numbers. The crate below started with the same prefix, as did the other three crates on the floor.

"I may have found something that can help," he called over his shoulder. "Crates full of droid parts and what look to be inert power cells over here. If you're looking to restart that antique, these would likely be useful."

fQlbYv5.png

"You got it boss."

She gives Chaos Maxtor Chaos Maxtor a two finger salute before turning back towards the mess she'd created, Nudging one of the fallen droideka with her foot on her way past. So far so good. Then of course came the grappler droid-thingy dropped off by Ar'tal Ktruok Ar'tal Ktruok . She didn't really react at first, Just turning at the sound of the loud metallic * Clank* as the lifeless droid was dropped to the floor suddenly. Upon seeing it however...

"Holy Chit! That's a kriffing B2 Grapple droid!"
At first glance, The young mandalorian had no business knowing anything about these droids, But then again Clan Jjota was full of surprises, And she was no different. She immediately runs over to the droid, Dropping to one knee beside the thing as pulls away her helmet, Revealing her fair features and flame coloured hair.

"Damn! This thing's legit too!" Her face lights up suddenly.

"You folks should put a restraining bolt or something on 'em if you have any. I've seen one of these in action before. It's Nasty."

Cato Felix Chaos Maxtor Chaos Maxtor R1-3G R1-3G Ar'tal Ktruok Ar'tal Ktruok

"Yes, I think that would be a swell idea" R1 rolled over and pulled out a restraining bolt. After attaching the bolt he spoke to the others. "It would seem that activating the front doors will activate a security reaction, possibly activating the battle doids. I would suggest each crate be opened and each droid be carefully taken apart. we don't want to risk endangering ourselves"

Elgyn cocked his head a bit as the grapple droid clattered to the ground and lightly examined its metallic form. “A very good find my chitinous friend.” El told Ar’Tal. Cato was correct about the pincers and Ar’tal doubly so about them being jedi killers. The restraining bolt was a very good idea though Joti’s enthusiasm broke the light tension Elgyn felt.

He then turned his attention to R1. “I suppose we should get started.” He walked over to one of the longest of crates that came up to nearly his rib cage and slid off the side seal revealing half a dozen B1 Battle Droids hanging in fetal position. Got some more over here” He grabbed two by the neck and placed them on the floor “I don’t have much expertise with these old model droids. I supposed we can put ‘em on the ground for you and you give ‘em the snip?” He asked the droid as he continued pulling out the rest.

In his mind he tried to peice together exactly what had happened here so long ago.

Bat Rum Hilt Bat Rum Hilt Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla R1-3G R1-3G Cato Felix Ar'tal Ktruok Ar'tal Ktruok

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom