Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Akarui
Palace Grounds

Kimiko had been unusually focused, since the return of her eldest daughter from the rescue mission on Saijo. It had steeled a certain resolve within the woman, and yet, inside, her own mind could not completely push itself completely where certain parts desired. It hadn't been the first time the darkness had trickled through the woman'd mind and earlier bouts had been staved by music and love. But the streams still persisted at times...

The newest procurements were getting underway, and luckily her people were in agreement with her decisions. They were a blessing, her people, and the appreciation would show in time. But for now a heading had been set and the little empire in the corner of the Galaxy was stirring.

Mount Fuji
Shrine

Nozomi sat in silence centered in the diminutive shrine complex atop the towering mountain. It always calmed her when she made her visits to the country shrines, visiting her priests and priestesses ensuring their spirits were high.

But this visit was preceded with troubling news. The more prominent if the shrine wardens had received shadow-filled dreams and odd sensations during their prayers and meditations. This had prompted the small shrine to request an urgent visit and inquiry by the head priestess. She had come, eagerly, to answer their request and attempt to ease their troubles. But she herself was having issues akin to the original summons.

The most troubling aspect about the whole ordeal currently, was that it was growing...

[member="Curtis Learchin"]

Curtis stood at the foot of the steps leading up to the shrine which sat atop Mount Fuji. His hunt for areas powerful in the force had brought him to the peaceful world of Akarui, and since arriving he had been on the hunt for the shrine. Now he had found it, and it was only several feet above him. He would've rushed into the shrine, however he sensed a presence that was far more powerful than himself. More than this, he could tell that the tenders of the shrine were not average priests or priestesses. It was a good thing he was armed then.

As he began the climb, swordstaff in hand, he thought about what he would actually do if he found this well of energy. The whole reason he was searching for these was to increase his own power, but he was unsure of how each nexus would affect him, and if his master would even take him back once he knew what he'd been doing. It was too late to dwell on this though.

"Peace is a Lie, there is only Passion."

[member="Kimiko Taiyo"]

The empress herself had very recently arrived early in the day at the urgent request of the head priestess herself. Nozomi's normal cheer and playfulness were surprisingly absent from the correspondence, thus pressing haste from Ki. Upon arrival, she felt it immediately, a dark pressure in the area of the great mountain, one she had not experienced as of yet.

She made haste up the small path towards the shrine, spotting Nozomi, accompanied by her priests and the matriarch of this province's clan, Honoka, standing at the top. Upon spotting her, the party bowed and Nozomi spoke, without her usual demeanor,"Greetings Your Grace. Thank you for coming on such short notice. The local priests and myself have felt an odd darkness emanating from the area this shrine oversees. We did not want to trouble you with such a matter, but with your knowledge of things of this nature I thought bringing you here might shed some light on this matter." beside her, the Kousaka Matriarch was nodding along with the words, awaiting her chance too speak,"I agree with Nozomi, if it wasn't affecting the local village, and my people, we could've handled it. But, our grain crops this past season have not been as fruitful and some of the livestock has passed before winter even set in."

Ki listened intently, hearing her advisors and people's stories. She had agreed to assist in discovering what was causing these disturbances for this area of her planet. They knew of several areas that held high importance to the Akarans that might have been actual Force Nexuses, but none had actually been lively and were set to be just areas of 'religious' importance for her people. But, Mount Fuji, the largest mountain in the central highlands, was now giving off some sort of energy. This new revelation intrigued the Force sensitive empress and the possibilities drove her mind wild.

Her thoughts were cut short when her senses picked up the approach of another, a darker presence. One that was unknown to her. Her knights picked up as well and turned in place, shields and saber staffs at the ready as the figure appeared.

Definitely no one I know...

"Who are you and why have you come here?" Kimiko herself challenged.

Curtis climbed the steps slowly but with fierce intent. The presence he had felt was stronger now, whoever they were, they were close. He prepared himself for a fight, holding the swordstaff at an angle where he could strike quickly if needed. At the top of the steps stood the presence he had felt, alongside armed guards and priests. Challenging them all would be foolish, and he was seeking something greater than them anyway.

"My name is Curtis Learchin, apprentice to Darth Pyrrhus." He spoke clearly and confidently, showing no weakness in his voice. "I have come to your world in search of an ancient power, one I believe you have come to find yourself." That seemed like a logical conclusion, why else would so many force users be in one place? "Now stand aside."

Through Passion I gain Strength

[member="Kimiko Taiyo"]

Darth Pyrrhus...

Kimiko's eyes narrowed at the name, one she had gone a while without hearing, and the fact this person claimed to be their apprentice, great. She did nod, not wanting to cause a altercation that could cause unwanted casualties. Her guards maintained their focus, but stepped behind their charge, in between her and the gathered party.

She let loose a sigh, looking back over her shoulder and smiling slightly,"Well it appears as if this anomaly is larger than we all originally believed." One of her signature soft chuckles sounded as she returned her attention to the newcomer,"Well, welcome Master Curtis, to Akarui. I am Empress Kimiko Taiyo, and yes, I am here investigating a disturbance somewhere in the area of this mountain. If you would, you could join us in our search for its source? I do not wish to cause any unnecessary trouble for anyone."

She remained positive, keeping her welcoming smile up though her hands were clenched within the sleeves of her robe...

Curtis kept his focus on the guards rather than the empress, they were the ones who posed the most immediate threat to him. He knew he couldn't defeat them all in open combat, part of the reason he had mentioned his master was to install some fear in them. The power he felt in the area was why he was there in the first place, yet the offer of cooperation was enticing and unexpected.

"Call off your guards and I'll go with you." He didn't expect her to fulfil that request, but she must've known that he wasn't a powerful force user, and that they outnumbered him 10 - 1. "Whatever the disturbance is, it is of a dark nature. Has your planet had much history with the Sith or the dark side?"

Through Strength I gain Power

[member="Kimiko Taiyo"]

She eyed him cautiously, processing the request for a moment before speaking,"Very well, you and me will conduct the search in the areas surrounding this spot. Nozomi, Honoka, you will remain here and see what information you can gather about the history of any abnormal occurrences nearby." She gave her party an assuring smile, causing them to relax slightly, the guards deactivating their weapons and the whole group bowing.

Ki returned her attention to the visitor, tilting her head as she thought about the question,"Hm...none that I have discovered since my tenure began. The only outside influence was from a supposed Jedi Master and her Padawan during the Great Galactic War. That was the only incident that left some form of mark here, or so I have been told." Her eyes closed and a deep breath was taken in, feeling the wilds about them,"But yes, I have felt the darkness around myself. Do tell me Master Curtis, what sort of disturbance would you qualify this particular one as?"

Curtis moved forward, lowering his weapon and standing next to the empress. He closed his eyes for a moment and reached out, trying to determine the kind of threat they would be facing. It was odd that nothing of note had occurred here, however the Sith of old were sneaky, and often hid sites of power on unsuspecting worlds where they could be used in secret. The presence of the priests was worrying though, if the power had been here for years then why were they only just discovering it? Did something awaken it?

"It is... difficult to tell from here, but I would say the power emanates from a shrine or alter." He turned his head to look at his temporary ally for a moment, a curious creature but one who seemed fair. His master would've killed her quickly if he were here. "I sense that you have heard the name of my master before?" It wouldn't be a surprising fact, his teacher was an important member of the Sith after all.

Through Power I gain Victory

[member="Kimiko Taiyo"]

She nodded, both as understanding of his analysis of the situation and the question,"Master Pyrrhus' name has passed my ears several times. Neither malicious nor benevolent in meaning. But, if your assumptions are correct, we could be looking at quite an interesting discovery here. I would definitely like to know what, if any, reason the Sith had here." she looked at her newly acquired companion, and smiled, Oh the company we sometimes keep.

She took a moment to focus on the radiating darkness, feeling the tendrils as they emanated from their source and pulled on her,"Well, shall we?" she asked before stepping off towards the descending steps of the mountain.

Curtis nodded and followed suit. It was good to know that his master was known, even if it was only in passing. Not enough to make them fear his wraith, but enough so that they wouldn't just kill him once they were done with him. The vista from the mountain was staggering, the planet was far more beautiful than Dathomir had ever been. Mind you, Dathomir wasn't known for its beauty, instead it had an infamous reputation for being linked with the dark side.

"It is strange that you would trust me, Sith aren't beloved by many." His attempts at small talk were shaky at best, but he would rather form some kind of bond with the woman than be stabbed in the back by her a few hours later. Although that might still happen.

[member="Kimiko Taiyo"]

They reached a small outcrop, situated slightly higher than the shrine's seat on the mountain. The air was thinner, and an evening chill sat heavy around them as night began to fall.

She took a moment to take in the scene on the shadow-side of the great mountain before responding,"You are right that the Sith are not welcome where they have not conquered. But here, I have tried to be welcoming to all, allowing those who would not pass freely elsewhere do so. You will come to no harm as long you are here, I swear it." The empress turned to him, smiling genuinely, attempting to ease his troubled mind.

As much as she wanted to get past the awkwardness and just get to the task at hand, she thought perhaps, the wider her web of friends, the better,"Maybe, if there is a positive outcome from our findings here, the future may allow more like yourself to come and learn from it." she turned away, shrugging as a whimsical smile spread,"Perhaps, my little world, in our own little corner of the Galaxy, can be an example, where Light, Dark, and all those in between, can learn to live with one another."

Curtis half scoffed at the idea. Peace seemed to be the furthest thing from anyone's mind at this point, himself included. The thought that a neutral ground could be established seemed more like a dream, not one that was unpleasant, but one that was impossible to grasp at this time. The presence of the dark side was slightly stronger here, so at least they were on the right track.

"Unfortunately, I doubt that the cooperation of an empress and a Sith will bring about peace." Was all Curtis had to say, fully aware that offending his new companion would likely lead to complications later down the line. He stopped briefly, dropping to one knee and feeling the force flow through him. "Besides, your little world seems to be darker than expected. We're close."

[member="Kimiko Taiyo"]

Her quick change in mood disappeared as he announced what he had felt. She closed off to the physical world and focused, quickly finding a strong presence from below...

"You are right...it seems as if it is coming from below us. Much of the geography of this world is still unknown. A cave perhaps? Your ancient counterparts did happen to enjoy digging grand tombs for themselves." she began attempting to figure out a path into the mountain, grinning slightly,"Perhaps we could both learn something from this. I do enjoy seeking new knowledge."

"Yes, they were quite grandiose." Curtis agreed. He had heard of the great tombs on the Sith homeworld, whatever name it was going by these days. He imagined that this was not the same sort of tomb, it seemed too remote and hidden. But maybe it was just this world's best kept secret. The outcrop may have been higher, but tunnels could run deep from their entrance. He closed his eye, reaching out further.

"Behind this, there's a draft." He said after a minute, pointing towards a large collection of stones. "I'll need your help moving them, let's see what you've got." Curtis joked, before reaching out with the force again and moving some of the stones. Whatever was here, it was buried deep.

[member="Kimiko Taiyo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom