Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Living Force

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Spasa Spasa

If somebody told Jax that Spasa: The "good" half of Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé would be Jax's second Padawan after his encounter with Pom at the battle of Korriban. Jax would probably punch that person in the face and maybe yell at their face saying that they must be off Deathsticks. Yet if there was one thing life likes to be is that it's unpredictable, the Force was created from life and it seems to have a sense of humor. Spasa though somewhat free from Pom's and other powerful Dark Siders grip, was still haunted by the many voices inside of her head. Jax's landlord would often hurl complaints to him about Spasa making too much noise in his apartment along with being late with rent again. Concerned about Spasa, Jedi Master could still feel the Darkside grabbing hold of her soul though it is weakened.

It was then, the Jax thought of a solution to help the witch. Gaia, the planet where Jax experienced a spiritual awakening of sorts. The planet where Jax was taught about the Living Force and how life was bound by it. If the Shamans helped Jax, surely they could help Spasa the Force was strong in the planet and it was located far from civilization. Besides, the Sith Empire was destroyed and their inhabitants probably scattered. They'll be too busy to bother with someone like Spasa, just as Jax and Spasa were about to leave It was then the NJO tasked Jax with a job. Since they were still suspicious of Spasa and since Jax vouched for her, the Jedi tasked Jax into being Spasa's Master. A person that powerful needed to be a Padawan with a Master and Jax was it.

Reluctantly, Jax agreed to the deal and the concept of being Padawan was foreign to Spasa. Part of the Jedi wondered how Aveline would take having another apprentice aside from her, but Jax didn't think about it right now. All he wanted to do was help Spasa, and honestly maybe the ways of the Jedi would better her defenses against Pom. Jax landed the Freighter onto the planet and was the first to exit. "Welcome to Gaia!" Jax said to Spasa. "Home of the Living Force! We can begin your training here!"

Being a teacher again felt very awkward.

R.bae96ae61f0391f0b2a978a6f905bd2c

Tags: Jax Thio Jax Thio

KTDAs3h.jpg
'How shall one fight against their own magick?' Spasa wore a thin chainlink necklace of Amulets charmed to ward against the encroaching Darkness, but she could not eradicate it. It had been longer than a decade and a half ago that she was first stricken from this world. PomStychTivé had her children, but Spasa had not aged a day since that fateful day she was kicked from this life and preserved within the ethereal plane. Something inside of her, was ripe to earn personal protection. Maybe it was her steadfast faith, maybe the true nature of her soul just could not be held in sheer Darkness. She doesn't remember anything that happened between going somewhere with Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara , up until the moment she found herself standing with Jax in a Temple on Coruscant. Somewhere along the way, she ended up stricken of Darkness and alone in the Nether. Then true Darkness tried to snuff the very light of her soul from existence.

The vivid majestic beauty of the Empyrean, and of the goddess who protected her, how quickly Spasa's recall of her lengthy time there paled. Her precious memories evaded her conscious thought and this reality stemmed a profuse sadness within her. She could step into the void of Darkness far easier than she could take a single confident step to stand again before divine glory. Spasa however, vowed to never ever again cross realms. She would not risk repeat entrapment in the Darkness.

There were things she used to do, Magick she once cast without the slightest concern for whether she ought or ought not do so, Necromancy for one. Something inside her today, stemming back to when she was with the Jedi before, it stirred her moral compass. She used to live with great freedom to satisfy her every desire, but now she seems to comprehend self control. She learned why it is good to set personal limits.

She had been to the Jedi Temples and learned to meditate on the Light of the Force. She remembered the faces of her friends like just yesterday she had seem them last, unaware that so many years had passed for them filled with personal trials and War.

She did not speak these past few days very much with Jax, nor had she ever smiled once. She stared out into nowhere alot, just fighting off the insanity which weighed upon her thoughts so much she refused to sleep at night. She could not trust the Darkness. She would fight sleep daily for as long as possible. Seldom during the day while Jax left to tend his duties, she would black out from physical exhaustion. She didn't know what would go through her thoughts during that time.

Spasa always realized that she could find solace in Jax's eyes. She would often catch herself simply staring into them, herself frozen, until he would react in some way that would lead her to animate again. She often wondered why this Jedi took her on. What reason had he? He took care of her. He is under no obligation to her in any way to do so. Spasa even informed him this specifically, numerous times. She figured he owes Jairdain Jairdain a favor. She was always quite pleased to see Jaridain come around.

Coming in for a landing, still unaccustomed to traveling the galaxy by ship, she turned green enough that she became quite thankful to land; anywhere planet would do!

"I hate feeling trapped inside this tin can!" she said finally, after her long silence during the flight. Jax's enthusiasm with their destination however, sparked more fright in her than happiness. She could not quite understand why she is actually here. She remembers Dathomir…

Regardless, she nodded at the Jedi Master and rose to follow his lead, glad to be anywhere else than inside the confines of any ship. "It's hot…and it smells like someone puked in here before. Have you grown so accustomed to this ship that you don't even notice it?"

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

The moment Jax's feet touched the grassy fields of Gaia, he could feel the Force thrumming through his body. He could feel, the land that they are on, life, death which feeds to new life. The Jedi smiled closing his eyes embracing the Forces energy like a plant undergoing Photosynthesis. Warmth, coldness, peace and violence all wrapped around in a heartbeat beating to the rhythm of balance. He hadn't been here in a long time but Jax could understand the Force much better than when he last step foot in Gaia. The Force was life, the Force lived inside all living beings even the ones who couldn't manipulate the Force. It had a will of its own in which people can freely use for good or for ill.

It was a shame that Jax had to die in order to understand the nature of the Force. How everything was connected to it, that all encompassing, transcending energy field that surrounded and penetrated al living things. Jax had to simply clear his mind, breathe and reach out. A simple task yet many Jedi including Jax more often then not fell short. The Living Force is the duality of the Dark and Light Side, one can't exist without the other. It was then that the good vibes that Jax felt was interrupted by Spasa's unexpected whining. She hadn't spoken to Jax for a few days to hear her first words to be nothing more than moaning was rather irritating.

"Damn brat not another Aveline," Jax thought feeling the urge to roll his eyes. Instead, the freshly minted Jedi Master forced a smile.

"Spasa," Jax said through clenched teeth. "It's lovely to hear your kind words again, but this is not my ship. It's a freighter I rented from the used starship. The last people who controlled that tin can was severely injured by a drunk flyer. You know how I gleamed that information?"

Jax placed his hands behind his back. "I reached out into the Force and felt the people who were in that ship." His face became solemn. "There was a man who was on his way to meet his family for dinner. Just moved into Coruscant, about to cross the flyway until a Dug came in smashed his frontside."

The Jedi sighed. "I want to help you Spasa," Jax said. "I want to protect you and the best I can do is to teach you the ways of the Force. I'm under no obligations, I just want to help those in need and to fine tune your powers in case Pom comes back."

He motioned to Spasa. "First lesson," Jax said. "Sit down near the cliffs, close your eyes and mediate. What do you see? What can you feel?"

KTDAs3h.jpg
Pom cares just enough about Jax that she is ever available to him actively awaiting when he should come seeking another growth spurt.

Spasa, on the other hand…

As the Jedi Master told her he rented a ship to get them there, her face immediately contorted to one of ICK! "Oh…" she snorted with disparagement, "that fact makes me feel special."

Who would have thought that from the moment she left Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson so that he could be with Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt -Matson, a young woman she regarded as her beloved sister, she would find herself here in training with another Jedi. Spasa would not be convinced that any time had passed between then and today. She just figured this new group of Jedi she met to be zealots, (which she is accustomed to regarding Jedi,) and that they are confusing Spasa, AKA Pom with someone else entirely. She had not been out among the galaxy long, maybe someone she burned in her recent past has it our for her. She definitely burned herself some enemies along her path. But to believe there are literally two of her, living and breathing, flesh and bone, walking around in this physical realm…insanity actually. To Spasa it was some sort of a mental assault she suffers, not a true reality…an insanity inflicted.

"Again with this! STOP saying such things! You know how demented you sound right? I AM POM. I went by that name until just about a year ago. I just took it upon myself to go by a new alias since, to represent my acceptance of the challenge of my personal growth! I don't know who it is you are talking about, another Nightsister most likely. But whoever she is, SHE IS NOT ME!" Spasa could not believe in such absurd theories! "The things you have been saying go against all rationality. You must KNOW that!"

But he does seem right about one thing, something here makes this place feel weighted with peace. These Jedi might be eccentric, but they do have things to teach which she is willing and needing to learn. She recognizes that. Maybe someday she will again locate Cyr and Loske. It will take a grand amount of time till that happens, flying around in space like a tiny spec in a great void, rather than stepping foot into the Nether and immediately discovering where her old friends are.

Jax spouted off a dramatic scenario about who could have soiled the ship so badly, tall tails she figures having sensed zero ghosts on that ship. "You don't like to admit responsibility. That's your angle, right? It's why you haven't already moved in with my friend Jairdain Jairdain !"

What does she feel? Here? he had directed her. "That! Yes! I see that! What I just told you." In addition, young woman immediately felt compelled to sneeze. "Allergic, that is also what I feel…and bugs…a bug up my nose to be specific. Why did we have to come here for this…whatever this is? You do say the Force is everywhere, isn't the Force also on Coruscant?"

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Well..... unlike Aveline at least Spasa has a reason for her rants, Jax should've approached it with a bit more tact. Considering that Spasa was fresh from her escape from Pom's grip she was still on edge. Jax didn't say anything allowing Spasa to let it all out, sometimes one has to experience these emotions in order to better understand them. That way when the time comes, it'll be easier to not let those emotions rule over you. "Well yes you are Pom," Jax said. "But also no, you are the same as your dark half but different."

The Jedi Master continued to pace around. "The key thing Spasa," Jax said. "Is control of your abilities, you must learn control. Understanding the nature of the Force can give you clarity. However you must clear your mind and free yourself from all doubt."

"Low blow there Spasa," Jax thought when the witch bought up Jairdain Jairdain and Jax's refusal to move with her. Being a Jedi sometimes meant giving up free time with your significant other. Jax and Jair despite wanting to see each had their duties. Still the Jedi really needed to make time for Jair, it was just that his duties to the Galactic Alliance often interfered with that.

"Calm yourself Spasa," Jax said again. "It's a training exercise, Gaia is a planet that's unique for the Force flows freely through it. It is a land that is untouched by the potential dangers of technology. Even as we grow as a society we must not forget what makes us people. Namely our connection to the Force. Once you master understanding the thoughts and the feelings of life on this planet, it'll be easier to be in tune to the bustling cities."

Jax nodded. "The Force is everywhere," he said. "But on some planets, it is easier to be in harmony with the Force than in others. You must learn remove all doubt and focus now....."

He stared at Spasa. "Breathe," he said. "Just breathe and allow yourself to be immersed by the Force.

KTDAs3h.jpg
Spasa felt a pang of fear wash over her. She hadn't wanted to speak about what was happening to her in great detail. She wants to trust this Jedi Master, but has reservations regardless of her opinion that he deserves her trust. Something had happened back on Coruscant when they first found one another. The reason may simply lie in the fact that there is alot he said which she just doesn't understand, some she doesn't believe at all, and yet also feels that there is much he has not revealed. She heard talk from the therapists about her propensity to become institutionalized if her affliction does not alleviate.

'Can I just fake meditating?' She has very good reason not to willingly sleep, and to clear her mind is pretty much as close to sleep as it comes. She has persistently held back from sleep until she passes out…but that is not willful sleep but a basic need. Within a matter of minutes her visage had dropped from one of passiveness, then to fretfulness, and now downright helplessness. She wants to tell him things, but the threat of institutionalization weighed upon her mind.

What will he believe about what she has to say anyway? In turn, she cannot comprehend the things he is trying to convince her. Could he already be aware of what she is experiencing? She wondered about these things.

For Spasa, meditation always leads to visions. 'Maybe this what he wants to witness. Maybe he needs to see the monsters in order to understand what is necessary,' she thought. She could not figure it out on her own. In just a short time, she managed to convince herself that Jax's natural sense of duty would not allow her slip too far into the awaiting abyss that has captivated her thoughts. "I don't think a planet can save me," she said. If this place is in the possession of a goddess, it is a goddess she has yet to meet.

Spasa straightened her arms at her sides and in one fell swoop raised her wrists at her sides above her waist. At once her feet lifted from the meadow and her back dropped downward as her body levitated. With her eyes closed and hair wispy in the gentle breeze, the Spirit Ichor of her ancestors sparked from within her core and began to dance across her form. Within moments, images of dwelling within paradise flashed within her mind, her existence in the afterlife which she is as of yet unable to willingly recall. She witnessed Jax and herself battling. Her mind could not shake the awareness that there is more yet to reveal. The bearer of the vision felt suddenly twisted. Spasa felt a chill race along her spine. Her brow furrowed and she instinctively let out a gasp.

Touched from afar, her energy began to warp, the green dancing light of her magick turned to black tarry tendrils coiling wildly over her flesh. Spasa's eyes shot open abruptly, and this time she became aware of the face staring back at her from across the great beyond.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax could feel a lot of unease within Spasa.

He knew for the past month of living with him, Spasa had problems quieting her mind. She didn't want to hear the voices that were calling out to her, the young Witch was cursed by Carnifex years back. Spasa feared if she let the voices consume her, then she would be trapped again as a disembodied soul trapped by the bars of the Dark Side. Jax wasn't well versed in curses unlike Jairdain Jairdain but if there was one thing that Jax could do was to help Spasa at least deal with these voices. Through her training to become a Jedi, it'll be the first of many steps on her road to healing. "This planet won't save you," Jax said pacing around the woman . "Only you can save yourself Spasa, I can only show you the way this planet only serves as a conduit."

They'll have to go to the Waterfall of Knowledge later on, Jax will need to visit the Shaman again so he can examine Spasa. Yet for now, Jax will need to introduce Spasa the fundamentals of the Living Force. "Don't worry about what could happen," Jax warned. "Be mindful of the present, be mindful of the Living Force."

Reaching out, Jax could feel the turmoil boiling inside of Spasa. These Monsters that constantly plague her, an afterlife that was bathed in light and a great darkness. The duality of the Living Force, the temptation of the Dark Side manifesting and growing stronger within Spasa. The Witch managed to shake it off breathing heavily and looking up at the sky.

"There's a lot of fear in you Spasa," Jax said helping her up. "The curse that Carnfex has put on you is powerful, it's tough to breakthrough but it's not impossible. You must focus on the harmony of the Force. Feel don't think. Let go of what may not happen and concentrate on the present."

The Jedi placed his hands behind his back. "What's present is that you're in the material world," he said. "With a body and a chance to fight back. What you think you see is only as real as what your mind tells you."

Jax sighed. "In order to combat this," Jax said. "You need to have faith, find what's important to fight for. How much faith you are willing to have, how much you are willing to not let temptation consume you is how you'll break this spell."

KTDAs3h.jpg
When Jax spoke Spasa came out of her trance. Her feet landed again upon the ground. She knew she saw a face staring back at her, but she could not tell why it frightened her so.

"Would you like to try my way?" she blurted out, frustrated with the persistent badgering of the Darkside Force. Immediately she regretted having said it. She knew she had to conquer the beast before the Council makes a determination to pass her off to some Force wielding Lobotomists. Jax kept insisting she should be able to sense a harmony in the Force. Maybe he is implying that for as much terrible Darkness she feels weigh down upon her head, there ought also be the Light of the Force found within her? She wondered silently, with a sigh of defeat.

Jax kept telling her what to believe, but she refused to accept the whole of it. Something had happened to her; sure. Were it nothing then there would not be any gap in her memory, and she would have a clue how she went from one place to end up inside the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Spasa has never even heard of Carnifex! What would a Sith Lord want with the Nightsister? Had it something to do with Darth Metus? She has no clue, but little by little, ever so slowly she is starting to believe Jax's accusations. Luckily for Spasa, she had not been told the whole truth uncovered by the Jedi Council as of yet.

"What is important besides that I just wish this were all over, whatever this actually is," she said, having no clue how to even pretend that what is storming inside her mind is not intense. Can she try to focus on just the Light stuff? Is it even within her scope of abilities?

"You said I came from somewhere else. Why won't you take me back there?" Spasa understands nothing about where exactly it was Jax mentioned he found her, but at least she doesn't remember anything as bad as she is experiencing today. "Maybe I belong there. How come you believe that you and the Jedi Council are right by telling me that I need to stay with you?" She wondered if she had the whole story, whether or not she will be better able to deal what what plagues her. As far as she knows, the Jedi are trying to protect her from something, that doesn't exist wherever it is that she came from.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

The turmoil inside Spasa was growing, Jax could sense something or someone staring back at her but he couldn't make out who it was. Spasa blurted out something about trying things her way causing Jax to frown a bit. A great darkness surrounded her that much Jax knew but he wondered if he underestimated its power. He needed to try to help her though, this planet teeming with the Force and it can serve as a conduit to help her cope and control the darkness swirling within her. "It's okay Spasa," Jax said placing his hand on Spasa's shoulder sending calming waves of the Force throughout her body. "It's okay to be afraid."

Jax sat next to her watching the Great Tree of the Force overlooking the cliff. "I wish it was over too Spasa believe me," Jax said. "But in order for you to purge the darkness you have to clear your mind. You must not let doubt creep inside of you one seed of doubt, fear, or anger has the potential to corrupt your heart. It looks like whatever is watching you is feeding off of your fear and frustration. You should not worry about what could happen focus on the moment. Be mindful of it."

The Jedi Master had to admit that he didn't fully understand what was going on with Spasa. However if he could set up some mental barriers around her he felt confident in her ability to fend off whoever was gnawing at her. Spasa once again expressed doubt that she didn't belong in this world and should go back to wherever she came from. As much as Jax didn't want to, that would be a little difficult. He didn't know how he did it but Jax somehow gave Spasa a body when the escaped the Netherworld of the Force. Whenever he sensed Spasa, Jax sensed the fact that he was the one formed the body she inhabited.

"Well to tell you the truth," Jax said sighing. "I wanted to train you, the Jedi believe that you're a danger but I was one of the few who stood up and flat out said that I will train you to fight off the darkness. You are given a chance to become greater than yourself Spasa. Don't doubt yourself so much."

Last edited:

KTDAs3h.jpg
Spasa sat as she realized the magnitude of what Jax was telling her. "Why would you go out on a limb for me like this?" she asked. "You don't know my history. You risk your own reputation among the Jedi." Only weeks before, the attempt at her redemption had been ongoing, and undertaken by the leader of another band of Jedi, while Jax is a newly appointed Master. "You put your whole future on the line for me." It really hit home his sacrifice. She did not understand why he would do this for her.

'And just how is it I cannot meditate today?' Spasa knew that she had been successful before whatever it was that occurred within the Temple of Coruscant. If only she could piece it together as a more believable chain of events, rather than those astonishing circumstances which Jax and the Jedi Counsel have described. Surely these events are impossible to have occurred.

His hand rested upon her shoulder. Sensing the familiar peace in this action, the very same she had come to crave among Cedric Grayson's band of Jedi, Spasa sat still and closed her eyes. She did not reach outward as her prior attempt, but instead drowned her essence in the Force inhabiting her surroundings. 'Drown me out,' she thought to herself, 'Drown me all out.' This thought gripped her mind, and she repeated her mantra over and over as she sat in silence.

She felt the Light of the Force suddenly envelop her, and for a brief moment the Nightsister existed within a state of identity with the great power laid out before her in offering.

'Replace me,' she continued.​

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

It wasn't a surprise that Spasa felt that Jax placing his "reputation" on the line for her was drastic. He didn't care though, it was the right thing to do to help others in need. Ever since Jairdain Jairdain told Jax about what happened between her and Pom, Jax's anger and hate for Pom subsided. The woman whom for years Jax thought was a villain is actually a victim. The Force had a strange way of telling Jax that sometimes, there's no such thing as just black and white it's filled grey as well. "I don't if you're aware," Jax said sitting closer towards Spasa. "But that fight against Pom back at Coruscant..... It wasn't the first time we've fought."

Jax stared at the Great Tree sighing. "A few years ago," Jax started. "During the Stygan Campaign, my apprentice Aveline Cuiléin and I faced Pom at Korriban. We fought and Pom managed to capture Aveline."

The Jedi Master clenched his fists, those memories was still painful to relive even after he moved on. "In my anger I tried to kill Pom but she used Aveline as a shield. My..... Lightsaber slashed across my Padawan's chest nearly killing her."

He remained silent for a moment before continuing. "I was devastated, upset the dark side called to me telling me to embrace the power and be consumed by it. I wanted to, I wanted to avenge Aveline to make sure that Pom paid. But at the moment..... I was embraced by the Light side of the Force fighting off Pom and rescuing Aveline."

To this day, Jax still didn't understand why he gifted the power of Oneness. It wasn't like he was the best Jedi around he still wasn't even after being promoted to a Jedi Master. "The next time we met it was at Ziost.... Where by the time I knew about Pom having a twin through Jair, It was the first time I've heard of you and when I told Pom about it she was upset saying that she would kill you Spasa,"

Jax gave a big sigh. "We fought again and I gave in to my anger once more and Pom used it.... to kill me."

Tears started to form but Jax held it back using the Force to calm himself. "I don't know how it happened but I came back with a renewed purpose. I realized that the darkness can't live without the light. They are two sides that clash with one another creating life, harmony, and more importantly balance. If Pom kills you Spasa or if you kill her both of you would ceases exist. Like the midichlorians that breathe life into every organism, the dark and the light is what makes us people. The love, hate, anger, joy all those contradictions that contributes to the cycle of the Living Force."

He turned to Spasa. "That's why I'm fighting for you," Jax said. "To make sure that you become whole again, I'll admit I don't know what to do I'm just letting Force guide me. I don't have much of a reputation among the NJO anyway so frack it you're my padawan now."

His second Padawan much Jax's surprise.

Spasa once again meditated this time with better results, he could feel the light side surrounding her giving comfort and strength. "That's it Spasa," Jax said. "Focus on the Force allow it to flow within you, feel the Force, don't think, rely on your instincts."

KTDAs3h.jpg
As he spoke, Spasa merely let her senses connect to a long sought sensation of inner peace. She focussed on the sound of nature surrounding them and the sound of his voice, and drowned out the demonic inner voices for the time being. Spasa listened to Jax share another story about herself as a Darksider, an event she did not live personally, but yet another atrocity which Jax accused her double had committed. Even though she could hardly believe these incredible accusations, she knew that the move Jax described sounded highly possible. He described this other Pomsty pulling his apprentice in front of herself to use the girl as a human shield while he inadvertently slashed the girl instead of Pom. Spasa recognized that this is exactly the kind of action she would have committed during a dire situation. She would do it to teach her enemy a very important lesson, not to play with weapons over which they have inadequate control. For a Nightsister, to spill just a portion of a Potion warrants great shame. She wondered for a moment if she should have remarked openly about such a realization, but decided against doing so.

"I have no twin, Jax; maybe a doppelgänger at least. Whatever is going on, as the Council describe it, is extremely unbelievable. I know there is much that they and you haven't told me…honestly I am glad for it. You speak of a duality over me so often that I am very overwhelmed by all of it." She felt anxious to learn the whole truth of it. She fears the weight of whatever the Dark Curse could be. She feared what the cure might entail. Moreso how all this occurred to her in the first place, what reason lay behind it, and who instituted it, were crucial aspects she would want answered when she could handle the truth.

Everywhere she went, aside from Jax's awareness Spasa quietly asked random people to reveal the current galactic star date. So far everyone has been in agreement and blurted out the date without thought. Their answers led Spasa to slowly accept that twenty years could have actually passed since her last memory, which felt like just yesterday to her.

A long enduring old habit to self medicate gnawed at her spirit constantly these days. She prefers to forget her current situation, rather than to deal with it. Jax seemed like someone who just would not let her put down the ghost. In fact it seems all he will talk about…and he talks alot, in her opinion.

"I'm a…I'm a what?" she asked, remembering having heard that word before used to label youngling jedi, Padawan. "I'm a Padawan? Your Padawan?" Spasa laughed at the title. 'Is that like being adopted? A grown Witch, a Padawan!' she thought with irony. She might not use the Force like Jax does, but she has studied it extensively back on Ryloth! "You know, the Nightsisters don't teach just anybody. The greatest Magick is very difficult for those who weren't introduced to it during infancy. Not to mention, the ways of the rest of the Galaxy, lovers becoming enemies, such insincerity, sharing our knowledge could ultimately lead to our distinction. I am telling you this because you claim there is a part of me out there…somewhere else, that wants you dead."

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

It was hard to describe what Spasa was going through but Pom definitely considered Spasa a "sister" of sorts. Magic was new to Jax and Jairdain Jairdain had given him a chit ton of books to study when he told her that he was taking Spasa under his wing. Jax remembered reading that a doppelgänger was the double of a living person, though Jax often did translate many magical terms with his Jedi interpretation of things. "Pom is essentially you," Spasa Jax said while the witch was continuing to mediating. "Your opposite and your negative, in the Living Force the light and the dark clash creating chaos and harmony. It is that nuance that creates and nourishes living organism such as you and I."

Jax got up his gaze still focused on the large tree below. The tree of life took over a third of the land and was dripping with Force energies. It was how Jax learned about the Living Force and soon Spasa will enter it as well. "The light and the dark cannot win," Jax continued. "They are forever locked in a stalemate. It's only when either of those sides takes over is where the Force is out of balance."

The Jedi Master inched closer to her. "You and Pom are.... imbalanced," Jax said. "And the Force will do whatever it takes to put you two back into balance."

One way or another but Jax will make sure that Spasa will be safe as he finds a way to make her whole again.

It was then Spasa was shocked to hear that Jax was taking her on as a padawan. Though she was more confused over the definition of padawan. "Uhhh," Jax gave a forced smile. "A Padawan is basically an apprentice, I'm thinking that training you as a Jedi will make it easier for you to fight off those who are trying to consume your essence."

The voices..... they were definitely spirits. Whether they came from Pom or somebody else is unknown but Jax needed to make sure that Spasa was prepared to take them on. "Besides," Jax said. "I don't think your magic will be effective against Pom who can do the same thing. What you need is the light side of the force."

Jax shrugged. "Eh don't worry about the fact that someone wants me dead." he chuckled. "At least one-third of the galaxy wants me dead, hell even my landlord once told me that he dreamt of killing me. It's story of my life basically."

KTDAs3h.jpg
"I tried to pressure my darker nature into non-existence. I denied my upbringing, and in it my general nature. I know I am not meant to be pure. I have ever been one who deals justice to those who refuse to act in line with humanity, and yet the nature of my existence was formulated against natural law." Spasa remembers being a social justice warrior for women. "I would step up for young women and children who could not defend themselves against their typically masculine oppressors." She made a name for herself back in the day, before she learned even a snippet about the Force. Maybe Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura was right all along, when she urged it was wrong to dive into a different lifestyle, a different study without a proper teacher. The war of Light against Darkness eventually sucked her in, and she had never even realized it. This was never a Nightsister's fight to begin with. It played against them as a people.

"I always just let most people be as they were born, into the Light or to the Darkness. They could only be one way or the other after all. I do not know for certain that this is the path I should be taking," she told Jax in all honesty. "It offers wonderful lessons, but…I am still a Nightsister at the end of the day." She cannot undo, nor will she ever choose to be anything else! "You probably will not fair well among your kind to associate yourself with me so closely."

FOCUS…

The Force began quietly speaking to Spasa, all the while in the background the jedi rambled on. "I would like to think that I cannot fathom why so many people would want you dead across the galaxy, jedi;" she genuinely found him to be a moderately nice guy, "however," she continued, "maybe it's because you do talk too much." Just then she remembered the Ashla's music. After she began living among the Ashlan Crusade, always there had been music inside her mind to silence the voices. No; the music was a gift to replace the feeling of loneliness after the many voices of jinn and the spirits of those she had murdered were stricken from her mind. Now there are new demons plaguing her conscious thought. Spasa tried to quiet her mind, first by turning a deaf ear towards Jax as he continued to describe her situation to her, a most insane summary! Then she pushed away the lunatic cries of those among the netherworld. Finally she heard the one specific voice that mattered…her own. Better yet, it is PomStychTivé's. In that familiar sound, Spasa uncovered the magick spell cast over her that is the root cause of her suffering, and her mind would begin to formulate her plan to reverse the curse.​

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax shook his head the moment Spasa said that she denied her upbringing. "Take it from me Spasa," Jax said. "To deny your past is a dangerous thing, by trying to suppress the bad memories you'll just let it fester and spread. It'll be like trying to chop off the head of a Hydra. If you take one down, two other heads spring in its place. Take those down and the next thing you know you got a lot of hungry heads ready to rip you apart."

He placed his hand on her shoulder giving the witch calming vibes through the Force. "Instead you must focus on the root of your problems," Jax said. "You must face your past head on, just like in order to defeat a Hydra you must seal its stump. You must have the focus and the discipline to accept what happened and to let it go past you like a river going through stream."

Jax then chuckled when Spasa said that in the past, she protected the women and children from male oppressors. "Oh good," Jax said. "Did you take them to a safe space taught them tolerance? On a serious note though, I'm happy that you serve good causes. That is a Jedi like mindset."

The Jedi Master shrugged when Spasa said that she wouldn't fair well with him. "I mean I've made unusual friends throughout my life," Jax said. "A Nightsister wouldn't crack the top ten, try making friends with a talking rock and tell me that's a crazy friend."

Oh Ingenuous, who knew there was a planet full of slabs of Rock? Life has a funny way of creating things. "Good, there are times that we must let things be." Jax said getting up. "Such as the nature of the Force, there are those who want to fight the Force and its nature like Darth Traya did. But at the end of the day, the Force's will wins out. We must let nature run its course but that doesn't mean we must sit still while conflict is brewing. One must understand that conflict is a way of life, but so is peace and I fight to maintain peace."

Jax turned to Spasa. "With another chance at life," Jax said. "What are you going to fight for?"

KTDAs3h.jpg
There would only be relaxing, no meditating even though her mind would kill for this moment in such a safe space, for the jedi continued to converse just as she knew he would! "You misunderstand me," she began. "At the end of the day I am still a Nightsister," she repeated. She elaborated, "I used to deny my true nature. By that I mean I had tried to walk in your Light so much that I existed as no reflection of my true self. The Ashla humbled me in my sin, caused me to feel regrets and want for a better lifestyle. Who I am today and will be tomorrow is simply someone who knows I cannot paint stripes on myself and call myself Togruta…although Nightsisters do love their tattoos. I cannot walk the path you have chosen for yourself, jedi master Jax. My place is to be true to myself."

He praised her past dedication to charity. She knew his ideals happen to be far from her upbringing. The Nightsister used to have little respect for men as she grew to adulthood, less after she learned how to manipulate them to satisfy her desires, but finally she learned to let them simply be…unless they truly do suck, then they should be put down to spare everyone else. "I would provide the women and children the escape they desire by giving them poison to drug their husbands," she informed him rather bluntly. "And I do not regret a single sin. My take away in all this is about a goddess I never knew. Not just some great being that once lived as flesh and bone like us, but their actual Creator, and our's as well, along with possibly everything else too. Before I left Dathomir, I never even fathomed how our gods were limited to our thinking. Worse is that they truly were limited to our planetary system." Her time with the Ashla is truly the most remarkable event of her lifetime. "We are taught to believe our Fanged God to be the epitome of the Darkside of this Force, and the Winged Goddess pours forth the Light which you study. I now understand that they are not the living source. Technically for me, the facts of my entire reasoning have been destroyed. I lost the joy in my culture once I practiced. It feels like my entire reason for living has been focussed on keeping a fairytale alive for a demigod. I understand why my elders strongly advise we do not ever leave Dathomir. It feels like a part of me has died that took my Magick with it. Yet to be as I am is all I know, that being my nature; I just have to make it all work out, knowing what I know now. I have to bring back my Magick." She can, and she shall, even if it means to study this Force as she has been doing for the past few years.

"I understand what you mean about fighting nature yet also taking a stand against aggressive acts. My people are hunted by outsiders on our own soil. Our land has long been enchanted with layers of ancient Magick that protect us from saboteurs. Even we feel a twinge of sympathy for such witless trespassers, hearing their unanticipated death cries." She watched his expression for his genuine reaction for a moment.

She imagines she has his personality pegged at this point. "I always imagined jedi would disapprove of anyone taking a stand for their personal rights, other than those personally handed down by the jedi. For one thing, jedi don't come to Dathomir to mate such as the Sith! They come to claim something which is typically not their's to begin with. The young one's have been cordial, as their curiosity is obvious, just the jedi masters have elusive objectives."

His last statement did happen to surprise her. "You can call me a friend after you say my alter ego tried to kill you more than once? Add crazy definition of friendship to your list of crazy quirks."

He inquired about her future endeavors. "Do I have to know already what I plan to fight for?" She cast him a gaze as surprised as a deer caught in headlights. "I honestly don't know." she said, fearing he won't teach her anything else until she first figures this out.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Ah now Jax understood what Spasa was trying to say that she was denying her nature and that she was never meant to be pure. "No one was born pure Spasa," Jax said. "But the Force always adjust whenever things are formed unnaturally, you may not be born under ideal circumstances but the fact remains you are still here with the Force still within you."

He smiled. "I take it as a positive sign," Jax chuckled. "Besides, you've done some good with your life protecting the innocent. That's better than what I did which was sit on my ass and drink myself to death."

Jax continued to stare at the Tree of Life ahead taking in the cool air. "That's the pretty much the tenets of the Living Force Spasa," he said. "Let the galaxy remain as it is: Darkness and light living in a contradicting harmony. We only step in when there is harm to that natural order but we also understand that nature can adapt and evolve."

He stared at Spasa. "You don't need to know what to fight for right now," he said. "But it's important to figure what you want and focus on that Spasa. You must let go of your conscious self and rely on your instincts. What happened in the past already happened and there's nothing you can do to change that. What matters is the moment, the here and now."

The Jedi shrugged. "Well you didn't try to kill me," Jax said smiling. "Besides I've once dated dark siders really long story." And not something that Jax wanted to remember.

Jax held out his hand for Spasa to take. "I just feel that it's time for both sides to know each other," he said. "Who knows? We might learn something, you may be a Nightsister but you were also in danger by outside forces. As a Jedi I am to protect and defend those who can't themselves. But now...."

He continued to stare at the Tree of Life. "I'm going to teach you the ways of the Jedi, whether you want to become a Jedi or not is your choice. But you will undergo Jedi training which means It's time to build you a Lightsaber."

"Come on Spasa," Jax said. "It's time for us to go to the Tree of Life."

KTDAs3h.jpg

Spasa made a face of snickering when Jax mentioned having a seedy past, for she is indeed one who has a history of over indulging on drink and the herbal cigarettes. She thought for certain the Jedi would shirk at her list of past activities, and is very surprised that his only reaction happens to be one of acceptance.

She never heard of anyone speak of the Force like Jax just had, claiming Jedi only step in when there is an imbalance. "My past experience was not as you describe it. I dealt with alot of Jedi who crammed their beliefs down everyone's throats. I think they believed every word of it too… high and mighty, better than everyone else. It seemed almost as if they were incapable of accepting that anyone else possess the right to live. Your take on it, seems rather…unique, to me." She is quite appreciative that he mentioned this point of view. "Maybe you should teach those Jedi lessons on the things they seem to have forgotten," she added.

Jax mentioned having dated Darksiders. "We do have…" 'better toys and less inhibitions,' "our customs," she decided to say finally. She snickered as her cheeks flushed unable to hide her thoughts. There has to be some truly special reason the Sith keep coming back to their witches for fun and games!

It is not in Spasa's custom to shake hands. Such things were taboo among witches, as a means for one to steal the power of another without forewarning. Personal touch is only rendered between friends and family. She smiled briefly and looking down at his extended hand, raised her own to gently rake her fingertips along his momentarily, a gesture of growing trust.

Since she had left her homeworld, Spasa is ever eager for a lesson on the Force. She had long studied both the Art of Light and Dark, to become well rounded in her skillset, however she only held Jairdain's Lightsaber once. "A what?" she asked immediately, while a single brow stretched upward in disbelief. She stammered, "My kind don't… That simply is not my choice of weaponry." She has vastly barbaric ways indeed, but slicing people in half?! Men's ways?! It can instantly mess up a woman's shoes! The labour is long to fashion fine leather boots! She must begin with slaying a dragon! "I couldn't!"

Spasa is much more eager to study Force powers!

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

It was sad that throughout the iterations of the Jedi, there were still many self righteous people within the order. Jax remembered reading about a Jedi Grandmaster named: Jun Seros. During the Cold War against the Sith, Seros was known as a being a blatant hypocrite and was dripping with arrogance. Seros was chasing after a Bounty Hunter who by all intents and purpose committed a war crime but to stoop to their level through lying to the galaxy through framing the Bounty Hunter for crimes that he was guilty of. Seros wanted to avenge his Padawan's death but instead of letting go and pursue the Bounty Hunter because of his duty, his lack of forward thinking lead the Bounty Hunter to assassinate the Chancellor at that time.

"I guess they are unique," Jax said. "Once again I feel that the Jedi are letting their hubris cloud them and it's starting to come to a head. Soon instead of fighting our enemies, we'll be fighting each other. I just pray that a civil war won't take place."

It probably won't but the NJO may be on their own again, given that they were put on trial for their alleged war crimes committed during the Stygnan Campaign tensions were at a fever's pitch. Even with the sacking of Coruscant, Jax felt that tensions didn't ease one bit. There were plenty of Senators out for blood. "Well I'll admit," Jax said. "Darksiders tend to show more.... skin than an average Lightsider." Might as well admit it, Jax was a guy after all and beautiful women especially one who wears skimpy clothing were attractive at least it was before he met Jair.

As they began their ascent from the Mountain, Jax smiled at Spasa. "A Lightsaber," Jax said. "You know a Jedi's weapon, I told you that I will give a Jedi's training and that starts with building a Lightsabter. Don't worry Jairdain Jairdain barely uses hers think of it as a formality Spasa besides what if your opponent is resistant to your magic?"

It was something that he was worried with Jair, what if someone was able to disable her Force abilities? She definitely needed to learn how to use her Lightsaber, her and Spasa. "There's a first time for every thing my friend," Jax grinned. "It'll be fun we'll start with basics, they'll be some cuts and bruises but you'll end up on top in the end."

Right now though, Jax's main concern was to have her gain resistance to the Dark Side, the Tree of Life should help with that.

KTDAs3h.jpg
"Oh, I get it now," she began, "wait one minute, Jedi. You save a girl's life and you seem to adopt your own speculative ideologies about my desire for how I shall live my life henceforth." She stopped in her tracks. "I may be young, but I am not naive. I place one of your highly identifiable weapons on my hip and I suddenly find myself a target with a beacon for all manner of darksiders. I got along pretty well with my cultural defenses, all light and dark arcane Magick of a long, long history of Witches, before…as you claim, I did my own self in." Spasa truly does not believe Jax comprehends her point of view, nor believes that he even cares to. She does damn well with her primitive weapons which she can fashion by hand on any planet with a tolerable eco system, and if not, she can adequately conjure what she requires just fine!

"Not to be ungrateful, but I value my uniqueness, for my Magick is lesser understood by the galaxy at large, and therefore goes marginally unchallenged when confronted. This is how I survived for so long off my homeworld. My interest in the Force has mostly been focussed on how to counter it, and adopt those skills of which I had no concept prior to their reveal during my studies. Anyone can wave around a laser beam and slice people into sections; personally it's not the manner in which I want to be confronted." Spasa pointed at him and made a firm grimace as she did so. "I'm right and you know it. Look at Jairdain Jairdain . You said she rarely ever uses her Lightsaber, between the two of you, she is the only one who still has all her parts in tact. Every time I see you, you've gone and got something else of you lopped off clashing those weapons together." She knew immediately what she had said was insensitive, but she also felt she needed to be firm with her revelation in order to make herself be heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom