Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lightsaber Workshop

I require a light-saber that has a hilt similar to that of Ezra Bridger's. . In addition the color of the hilt shall be black, with a single gold strip running down it. The blade will be pure silver in color if you could manage such a thing. I also want the initials WC on it, somewhere in blue.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Hey guys.

Sorry, everything's on hold for a week because I have a massive crapheap of stuff to handle right now in the real world. I don't really have a deadline for this but some are very easy, some are very complex, and most I have to spawn out of thin air so that means more work. Work = time. Time = money.

Jordan Achilles

I was once a kid, now I'm half shadow, half man
[member="Solanum Tuberosum"]
Could you do a cross-guard lightsaber, like the one from the force awakens trailer. The lightsaber with a fiery orange and a black core, if possible have the hilt be a silver color with black cloth wrapped around it. Thanks in advance.

I know I've asked previously, but I don't think I got an answer of whether or not you would be willing to do a Force-Blade design. (If you did, sorry about missing it.)

I hope you don't mind if I write what I would want out of the design here. If you're not willing to do this, no worries, just let me know. Anyway, bellow is what I would like to request from yourself plus a little bit of information about why I would like this done.

Instead of a lightsaber, I'm planning on giving Xavka a solid sword to wield, as I find the designs more interesting (and I love researching about forging and smithing). Anyway, the only way I could find for Xavka to be able to wield a sword against a lightsaber was for it to be a Force-blade/Force-imbued Blade, a sword that has the owners Force presence, the Force and a crystal placed/imbued within it during the forging process, enabling it to stand up to lightsabers and surpass vibroblades. The style of these weapons, once wielded by the Je'daii, tend to be as somewhere between a Wakizashi and a Katana. However, rather than just a plain Katana, I would like for the sword to have some detail.

For one, two guards. Katanas have Tsuba which are not designed for catching the blade. As such I would like for the sword to have a Tsuba and a Cross Guard (bellow the Tsuba). Second, design I don't not know if this will be something you would be willing to do, but I would like for a second image of the hilt and Tsuba to accompany the sword when I submit the factory sub, as some really beautiful designs can be done on hilts and guards. Third, a force effect. In the Wookiepedia page, Force-blades/Force-imbued Blades, are described to have a "aura" effect around them. I was hoping for a white aura to be placed around the blade of the sword.

I apologise if some of the wording I have used sounds rude and/or demanding. I thought over this a lot while writing it but was stuck for any other way to write this while describing what I envision within my mind.

I understand that: 1) this is, potentially, a big project that I'm requesting and 2) that this might not be something you would be willing to do (as this is a lightsaber thread). If, as I've said above, for what ever reason, you turn this request down, just message me (or tag me to a post here) and let me know please.

Thank you for:
  • [if you are willing to do this] : taking on this project, I really do appreciate it. And feel free to take as long as you want on this, I don't mind waiting. The quality of the example images you showed that the work that you do is worth the wait.
  • [if you are not willing to do this] : reading through what I have written.

Links that may help:

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Xavka Duquo"] - In short, I can do it but it might take a bit of work. At the rate I can do all these, it could take quite a while to get anything to you (or anyone). On the upside, I do enjoy drawing blades, though it means I actually have to draw something in its entirety, then color it.

First off, holy crap that's good stuff. Would it be possible to get a rapier turned into a lightsaber with a silver blade? Something like this, perhaps:

Musketeer_III_Rapier_Sword.jpg

I see you're quite busy, but I would like to drop you an idea anyway. You draw much cleaner than I do, so I think you would make this work beautifully.

So the idea is for a forked lightsabre. It would be curved in handle with a second emitter angled at 45 degrees to the blade. Unlike most cylindrical hilts, this one would be oval eggshaped or even a rounded square to fit better in the hand. The grip would be dressed in smooth leather or rubber for grip and comfort. Perhaps with a print on it (optional). In whole, the hilt is quite simple and clean. Of course, the blade would be a standard red from a synthetic crystal.

Some pretty examples of curved hilts:
http://genesiscustomsabers.com/?p=3904
http://genesiscustomsabers.com/?p=19496

Looking to make a lightsaber edged blade.

Artwork_Yataghan_Sword.jpg

The whole sword isn't to be a lightsaber, but the idea is the edge being a lightsaber with the main metal still being metal, if that makes sense. Red Blade if you feel up to it though.

Thanks!

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Darth Ferus"] - Like a lightsaber whip but with a blade instead of braided cable? Makes perfect sense, I was already making one of my own. :D Idea thief. :p

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Darth Ferus"] - The darksaber wasn't made of solid matter, it was basically just a shaped energy blade. What you want is a literal sword with a lightsaber edge, right? That'd use the same tech found in a lightsaber whip. That's how I would/will have done it.

Aye, a shaped energy blade .p.

Lightwhips aren't very good at cutting. But if you shape a normal Lightsaber to act as the edge of a sithsword, you get the hyper cutting of a Lightsaber with the raw power behind the strikes of a Sith Sword.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Darth Ferus"] - The only problem is I can't name a time when such a thing wasn't Denied. Those kinds of things were game tech and always considered impossible. Out of genuine curiosity -- since, with all due respect and sympathy, I wouldn't want my work to go to waste -- how did you plan to get around that issue?

There's an already approved dagger with a plasma edge. There's shaped lightsabers. I can make it believable, and I've got enough people willing to make a Dev thread for such weapons.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Would I be an a-hole for opening a donation page after I get some of these done?​
Almost everyone wants something not in line with the original operation of this thread. While I am technically capable of catering to all of that, I am not able to do so in any short span of time or with the nominal level of work that went into the three only examples I currently have up now. For the third or fourth time: I didn't hand draw those hilts. Everyone wants something complex and completely original from me and it's just way too much work to be justifiable. However, I wouldn't be a jerk and just tell everyone "no" after offering.​
So while I don't solicit anyone rewarding me anything in order to get a request done and it is by no means expected of anyone, after this first batch of stuff gets done, it's the only thing that will help keep this open.​
====================​
Also, for the time being, I'm not taking any more requests.
No deadline, but most can expect something anywhere from a couple weeks to a month and change.​
Contrary to popular belief, I am not a wizard and cannot spawn all this overnight.​

I could understand possibly making the OPTION to donate some money at you (do you have a DA account?). And anyone who 'expects' you to MAKE them something needs to go eat something fowl.

I would not be the slightest bit offended if you didn't want to make my weapon for me. I am not paying you for a job. I asked a favor, and favors are up to the designations of the ASKED, not the REQUESTER, to complete.

If you wanted to say, 'Kark it all' and not do another one, NO ONE has ANY room to get mad. You do you, and you take ALL the time you want and need.

But on the real, do you have a DA account? Or paypal? PM me a link to either/both lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom