Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGW1qDN.jpg

NOTICE: This ship is only a slightly modified version of the astro-class-lx-combat-freighter. Most of the information remains identical. Alterations are specifically listed as such.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: (altered)Turning Salis’s owned open market ship to a personal unique one.
  • Image Source: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
  • Canon Link: /
  • Restricted Missions: /
  • Permission:
    HoOvEOUZpo2__lhiyq2-3qOPUD0ZazDs5pcmtZc12vkAWH_k2LplDZ9lkUxkGOX48P6VBP_1GEEp6DskgzWLB0nDzQZZ6xMURdNNx3Iozp8dB3nZpyvtschgGB87fB9os-v3n_mq
  • (If you need a better picture I can possibly try and get multiple ones, my computer wouldn’t fit both fully into my screen.)
  • Primary Source: (altered) astro-class-lx-combat-freighter.
  • PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: SoroSuub Corporation. (Altered) Altered by independent workers under Salis's direction.
  • Model: (Altered) Lance
  • Affiliation: (Altered)Salis
  • Production: (Altered) Unique
  • Material: Durasteel hull
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Light Freighter
  • (Dimensions altered)
  • Length: 51 m
  • Width: 45.4m
  • Height: 25m
  • Armament: (altered from original. +2 Heavy laser cannons, increased torpedo’s, additional turret) Average
Laser Cannons (2)
Heavy Laser Cannons (2)
Ion Cannons (2)
Quad Laser Turrets (3)
Proton Torpedo Launchers (2)
12 torpedoes each
  • Defenses: High
  • (Hangar space, allocations, and hangar, altered)
  • Hangar Space: Average (0)
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 0 squadrons
    • Support Craft: 0 squadrons
  • Single Craft Hangar: Yes

[*]Maneuverability Rating: Average
[*]Speed Rating: (altered) High
[*]Hyperdrive Class: 1
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Escape Pods
  • Universal Docking Ring
  • Long-range Communications Array
  • False Telesponder
  • HoloNet Transceiver
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Array
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Industrial Tractor Beams: For use in salvage operations, the combat freighter's twin beams on top and underneath allow it to manipulate objects and debris in close proximity with fine detail.
  • (Altered) More firepower than original: two more heavy laser cannons, additional turret, increased torpedo rack
Strengths:
  • Combat Design: Not only is the Astro-class better armed than the average light freighter, it was also built to better withstand the unique stresses of space warfare. Each cabin is capable of independent pressurization, allowing the ship to stay in a fight even after sustaining heavy damage, provided no critical systems are destroyed. The combat freighter is also very resilient, able to operate while damaged for more extended periods on average.
  • (Altered) Modded: Taking advantage of the design of the initial ship. The new ship had more weaponry installed allowing greater use in combat. As well as opening up the hangar bay to connect a specific small personal fighter to it, the Dvasia.
  • Fast Recharge Shields: Luxury editions of the Astro-class are equipped with more expensive, state of the art quick refresh particle and ray shielding technology. While LX variants share the same damage threshold when struck by something like a heavy turbolaser or proton torpedo, over the course a more prolonged engagement against equal firepower it can take a more significant beating than the base combat freighter.
  • (Altered) An additional small generator was attached to the ships thrusters in order to increase overall speed and put less stress on the main ones.
Weaknesses:
  • Power Distribution: There is a good reason most freighters of the same classification as the Astro-class are not as well armed, and like much of starship design it is to do mostly with power requirements. On the cutting edge of energy harvesting and processing, SoroSuub has overcome this system strain to a degree, but the combat freighter still has issues running all systems at full power for extended periods. In a prolonged engagement, the Astro-class will eventually have to slow down or reduce power to either weapons or shields.
  • Exposed Drive Ports: There are six rear ion drive ports on the outer hull of an Astro-class, with little armoring and protruding energy shunts. It goes without saying that the more of these drives are critically damaged, the less powerful the freighter's sublight speeds.
  • (Added/altered) The opening of the hangar bay further lost the use of room in the hangar bay for a speeder or flyers. And the alterations made prevent most other fighters, even of a similar size to the Dvasia, from being connected were they they to try.
DESCRIPTION

(Altered) The Astro-LX combat Freighter was somewhat modified by Salis to fit her needs. The most notable of the modifications was the hangar bay, which permitted the direct attachment of her personal fighter the Dvasia, it’s small size was somewhat larger than a standard speeder, and as a result needed to have some serious changes made. The result did permit it’s presence, but neutralized nearly any other use of the hangar and relegated any speeders to storage. (end alteration)

Cockpit
Utilizing a horizontal layout parallel to the fore of the starship instead of perpendicular, the Astro's cockpit allows for more space at the controls at the sacrifice of less overall room for crew aside from the ship's pilot and co-pilot.

Passenger Bay
A fully functional and state of the art, if somewhat cramped crew compartment, the Astro takes full advantage of Sullustan subterranean design and architecture to give the impression of a more spacious recreational area. Capable of carrying up to eight passengers, what the freighter merely matches in terms of function it excels at in style over most other models. (altered for +2 passengers)

Med Bay
Equipped with a serviceable compartment for triage and recovery, the stock Astro's med bay is filled with state of the art medical technology. Given the combat freighter's intended function on high risk trade routes, each ship comes with the optional addition of a GH-7 Medical Analysis Unit when sold.

Commercial Cargo Bay
Able to transport up to one hundred metric tons of cargo, its stock design is competitive with most light freighters on the current market. The Astro-class comes with an optional add of two F-LER or equivalent models and a single XP-38 All Terrain Rough Rider at the cost of some storage capacity, as the cargo bay is the only part of the ship large enough for them to be stored. (Alteration: Though not by a large margin, the cargo capacity has been mildly increased with separate holds for 20 more tuns of cargo.)

Engine Room
Located in the aft of the shift, the engine or reactor compartment houses the freighter's Griffyn-XTG Lightspeed Unit, as well as the internal componentry of the freighter's six Boav Ion Drive ports.

Last edited:
Awesome but a few things.

• Affiliation: (Altered)Salis
Link this to your biography.

The fighter attachment is a bit of a problem however. While I do agree personally that it should be possible, currently due to factory rules, it is not. You will need to scale up the size to at least 51 meters and use the format for the Corvettes. Say yes on the single starfighter hanger and just put base/average on the hanger options. This should make it work but right now, I cannot allow it in.

Let me know when you do this.
Salis Salis

Awesome but a few things.

Link this to your biography.

The fighter attachment is a bit of a problem however. While I do agree personally that it should be possible, currently due to factory rules, it is not. You will need to scale up the size to at least 51 meters and use the format for the Corvettes. Say yes on the single starfighter hanger and just put base/average on the hanger options. This should make it work but right now, I cannot allow it in.

Let me know when you do this.
Salis Salis
Keep forgetting to link those! Sorry!

Ah right, starship hangar rules are…weird. I will get to work on this tonight and tag again. But first, is it alright then if I increase the weapon number, cargo, etc proportionally? Since this many weapons and space would be fewer than a corvette’s weapons and space?

Sure, you can increase the number of weaponry on it. Just take your time on the rules, no rush. You can lower the armament rating if wished to boost up another stat if desired.
Salis Salis
Thanks for the suggestion. Was definitely easier to just leave the number of weapons than try and size up proportionally. I added some cargo space (20 tons), 2 more passenger rooms, and instead of adding more weapons for the size up I reduced the ranking of weaponry to average (since moderate isn't a thing) and increased the speed to high. I hope this full-fills the requirements but if there's more editing to do that's ok, ships stuff can always be a little buggy for me. Prefer species subs over factory.

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

So before I edit:

• Hangar Space: (Please provide the amount of fighters/support craft this submission can hold in it's hangar by count of Squadrons, which hold 12 average Starfighters. The higher your squadron count, the lower your Armament and number of advanced systems should be. )
50m [Base: 0 | Very Low: 0 | Low: 0 | Average: 0 | High: 0 | Very High: 0 | Extreme: 0 ]
100m [Base: 0 | Very Low: 0 | Low: 0 | Average: 0 | High: 0 | Very High: 1 | Extreme: 2 ]
200m [Base: 0 | Very Low: 0 | Low: 0 | Average: 1 | High: 2 | Very High: 3 | Extreme: 4 ]
  • Hangar Allocations: (This is the allocated amounts of starfighters and support craft (dropships, shuttles,gunships,etc) this submission can hold in its hangar based on the maximum hangar space capacity listed above)
    • Starfighters: x squadrons
    • Support Craft: x squadrons
This doesn't seem to have any of the hangar space options for being 51 meters? Am I allowed to put that at 0, no hangar allocation and have the single craft hangar be yes?

What I would do:

• Hangar Space: Average (0)
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 0 squadrons
    • Support Craft: 0 squadrons

Makes life a bit easier but like that when you make one. Actually should be exactly what you need.

Salis Salis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom