Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The Joys of Janara || CIS Dominion of Janara III Hex

VophTop.png

B Y O O

Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner
Voph nodded quietly as the Lupine spoke of his armor. "Good. I am known for a general lack of regard to my own personal safety, but even I would be hesitant to charge head long into battle with nothing around me. Not if I had a choice, anyways." Voph took a sip from his own caf, pausing for a moment to squint, or some like-gesture, at his datapad. "What little I may do to make a difference, I will do."

Voph's mind wandered to the armor in question, wondering what else he might do to improve on it, and how best to make more quickly, should more of Gerwald's kind join the Knights Obsidian. So engrossed in this was he that Voph did not initially realize that Gerwald had made a suggestion. And a sobering one at that. Why not train the next generation?

Voph sighed quietly as his hands came up to rub the corners of his eye sockets.
"I've tried. I think the galaxy is trying to tell me to stop." He smiled at his partial jest, looking back to Gerwald as his arms folded back under his hunched figure. "I've been at this a long time, Master Lechner. I've been alive for some nine decades now. And I've been dead for hundreds. At the start, the Acolytes would flock to me for teaching. All clamoring to be the First Apprentice of the...'mighty Darth Voph.' But across all those years....The number of lords I trained?"

Voph held up his hand, twisted into a circle. A gesture indicating he'd trained zero. "Academies, I can oversee. Workshops, I can host. But an apprentice?" Voph shook his head slowly. "Perhaps I'm too harsh. Perhaps their destinies always lie somewhere other than in my fold. But no apprentice of mine has ever lived long enough to become a knight. Believe me, I make every effort to see to the upbringing of the next generation. It's why I took the job of Lord Vizier. But I doubt the next generation would fancy learning from an old Sith who has outlived his usefulness, and is well past his prime."

orangbar.png

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
image0.gif

Wearing: xxx | Tag: Kyyrk Kyyrk
"Stop you," Gerwald chuckled. "I think you see things from an interesting perspective."

Gerwald for his own refused to believe in things like fate and destiny. He believed one made their own, which was an overused sentiment he was well aware, but the wolf could not help himself. His life had been made of choices which had led to experiences. To think those choices had been predetermined seemed to defeat the purpose of life to him.

There was one phrase which came to mind as he listened to the older man. Gerwald could not believe the words were about to come out of his mouth considering it was advice he had not taken for himself in a long time.

"Life is for the living, someone once told me. There has to be something worth the energy of your life force?"

Another sip of the caf was taken which drained the cup. The empty mug was set on the table.

"You discredit yourself as much as I do, the only difference is you have the experience to back up the title you have taken. Master Lechner is still a foreign concept considering the only thing I have done was survive being tortured by a Sith who should have killed me. Had it not been for Exarch Srina Talon Srina Talon , we would not be having this conversation."

The lupine leaned in and placed his arms on the table, folding his hands together as he did.

"And if you are a Sith past your prime, then why is it you still draw breath? I would think another would have killed you by now and taken your place?"

VophTop.png

Voph chuckled quietly as Gerwald posed the all important question: Why hadn't Voph been removed? "Perhaps you misunderstood me when I said I've been dead. That was not a metaphor." Voph took another sip of his Caf, leaning back in his chair. "Whether or not I am Sith still...That remains to be seen. The name I was given...Darth Voph...Is the only name I have known for decades. But my ideas. My practices. Those are hardly Sith in nature. Inspired by, perhaps, but certainly not condoned by."

Voph tilted his head slightly as he watched the wolf. What gave him purpose? "There are two things that are worthy of my energy. My wife, and my son. Both dead." Voph fell quiet for a moment, then smiled grimly. "I was never meant to be here. My purpose had been fulfilled. But something, or someone, brought me back."

Voph shrugged, indicating his general acceptance of the situation he now found himself in. It certainly wasn't one many great thinkers had encountered before. He had a purpose. And he fulfilled that purpose. His affairs had been settled, and he had surrendered to the call of death. His story had reached its end.

But someone forced him back into the Chaos of life. And now? He was left in a Galaxy that was not his own, trying to figure out what his next step should be. His position in the Confederacy, and his actions taken on their behalf showed that he certainly had found a new purpose. But his identity? That remained to be seen...

orangbar.png

image1.gif

Tags: Open | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure

"Who said I couldn't dance?" The viceroy's lips curled slightly upwards into an unusual grin. Ofcourse he could dance, perhaps not all that modernistic flailing some youngsters called dancing, but he was well versed in the classic ballroom dances as was expected of the head of a great and noble household such as the Nargath Marquisade on Eriadu. However, as he had stated before, being able to dance did not mean one would actually enjoy doing it themselves regardless. "I simply am more fond of watching the masters in their art at work rather than being forced to dance myself, call it a rebellious streak against the typicality of noble affairs."

His words weren't cold yet, or finally at long last the performers came onto the stage, making it so that the Viceroy quickly took a sip of his liquor, let out a sigh of relief and smiled while taking a strawberry for himself as well. This was what he had come for after all, to relax and watch the show for which he had been waiting with great anticipation. The perfomers did not disappoint him either, using long ribbons to accentuate their accrobatic movements and making it all seem so effortless and elegant without even using the force to elevate their senses and their physicality.

"Did you know that a lot of martial arts within our expansive galaxy are based on the fluidity of dancing?" A calm and passing remark, but simply the best and most suitable subject in Credius' mind to keep the mind of his companion occupied with interesting trivia and fun facts during an incredible performance.

image0.gif

Listening to the master it suddenly dawned on Gerwald.

It was possible to bring the dead back to life.

The lupine simply stared at the miraluka for a time. He was speechless as his mind pondered the implications of what was said. This revelation changed everything. Did Alkor know it was possible as well? Was it one more thing that he had kept from Gerwald?

"The dead can live?"

It was both a question and a statement. Gerwald pushed the caf aside. His interest was no longer in the drink. Whatever was mentioned about a wife and child, Gerwald did not hear. His mind was focused on the one truth he had learned.

"You can help me bring her back? Naedira... you can help me bring her back?"

VophTop.png

The smile slowly faded from Voph's face as Gerwald asked the question that Voph was sure had been consuming him since Tanaab. He did not know the true depths of their relationship, but the haste with which the wolf asked him now confirmed it. The look upon his face turned to one of grave solemnity. He sighed quietly, and looked down at his cup of caf. Voph leaned forward, looking Gerwald in the eye, or at least as close as a Miraluka would come to such a gesture. "It's possible."

Voph's brow furrowed as he studied the wolf. "But it comes with a cost. I do not dabble in such arts myself, but I know it can be done. If...this is TRULY what you wish to do, I will help you." Voph paused for a moment. "But understand that such an action is never to be taken lightly. Understand that disrupting the natural order of things can have grave consequences. And most importantly...Understand that what was once sent to the void may not always return in once piece. You may succeed, or you may simply bring back a wretched shade of what she once was. The choice is yours."

orangbar.png

image0.gif

It was possible.

Those three words were the first glimmer of hope Gerwald had since he learned that Naedira was still alive in one form or another that she could come back to the realm of the living. Whether the miraluka saw it or not, Gerwald looked happy. A smile pulled at his lips wider than had been seen in some time. Yes, he knew his weakness when it came to Naedira. His feelings betrayed him where she was concerned, but for the moment he did not care. Gerwald deserved this moment, even if it did come with a caution.

There was a price. There was always a price.

Gerwald had learned that lesson the hard way many times over. When it seemed he had figured it out, Gerwald was found meddling in places that would cost him greatly. Even as recent as an encounter with the Sith responsible for Naedira's death had taught Gerwald his feelings for the brunette came with a price. The lupine had suffered greatly at the hands of the Sith who seemed more than content to simply use Gerwald as an object of torture. A small sighe escaped from the wolf as he pondered the words he heard.

"But I should at least try, shouldn't I?"

In other words Gerwald wanted to know if he was being selfish. Was he? Should he leave Naedira be? All he knew was that the woman's soul suffered where she was. It seemed her moments among the living seemed to be her only respite from the torture her spirit was forced to endure on the plane she now existed. If for no other reason than to free her from the torment, Gerwald had to try. He had promised to keep her safe, and where he had failed twice before, Gerwald would not for a third.

Gerwald nodded.

"It is what I want."

VophTop.png

Voph was quiet for a long time, searching his own soul, and studying Gerwald intently. He despised getting involved with matters such as this, but sometimes one had to do what they had to do. His own chance at happiness had died on Coruscant, when he had done what he needed to do to protect those close to him. And for the foreseeable future, he was alone once again, in a wide, unforgiving galaxy. But it need not be this way for everyone.

"I will reach out to the Mandragora Nightmother. Of all our number, I feel she will be the most likely to be of help. You, however, have a far more important task at hand. While her soul continues on under the guidance of the Force, her body has not. It still lays wherever it was put to rest. The Soul must have a body in which to reside, if we are to bring her back. After that...well..."

Voph sighed quietly. "After that, it's just a matter of finding her spirit, and binding it to the body once more."

orangbar.png

image1.gif

Wearing: This
Tagging: Credius Credius

sSrPdn.png

"I'd heard something about that," the white-haired woman admitted, "but martial arts weren't really something we got taught back home. There was a lot more emphasis on weapons skills, on sword and shields, on spears and bows than on fighting barehanded. And," a wry smile touched Lunara's lips as she raised her wine glass, enjoying the smell before she took a sip before letting her crystal blue eyes flick over to Credius. "Well...truthfully I was never very good at that kind of thing. I always managed to pass the class but I always prefered the more mental aspect of our classes."

A soft nostalgic smile touched her lips as she reached for a strawberry, staring at it for a moment before taking a bite. "We used to have contests but they were mostly force powers allowed competitions, so a couple of people managed to get bounced around on their heads to get me a win." It had elicited a laugh from the crowd and managed to get her far enough into the competition to satisfy her teachers.

The woman's gaze lingered on her companion for a moment before flicking over to the performance, a gasp of wonder escaping her lips as she saw the acrobatics. Mixed with the ribbons flying around them, the performance took on an almost surreal look as Lunara found herself drawn to it, almost against her will, leaning forward to watch them. She'd been looking forward to the performance but hadn't expected it to be this engrossing. "I...didn't expect it to be this good."

image0.gif

A soul HAD to have a body.

"That is going to be a problem," Gerwald admitted. "There was not much of a body left, and what was left was not recognizable as her. I am afraid that we might have already failed before we even started this venture."

Gerwald had not been among the confederates when Kamino was taken, nor was he aware of the advance sciences behind cloning. The wolf from Stewjon was simple, passively educated, and still could not read well. He did not seem to have the education someone of his age who was raised in the Confederacy had access to because Gerwald did not have access to it. He was a warrior and was educated as far as was needed to pass on orders to his men.

He frowned. The idea was too good to be true. Gerwald then shuddered.

Witches.

Gerwald hated witches, or at least he did not trust them. After his experience with the previous nightmother of the Mandragora, Gerwald did not trust the the coven of witches to have anything but their own best interest at heart. There would be a cost for bringing Naedira back certainly, the witches would only demand their own cut of the spoils.

"No witches, if we can avoid them, then we should. They are never to be trusted to do anything beyond what is in their own best interest."

Strength till the End
As the memory of long and boring speeches faded into the background, the crowds were awed with the dance and movements. All good things to those who wait had triumphed again. Janara had finished with the evils of politics and ceremony, and now, an air of party had descended upon the planet. Though some individuals discussed topics of a more somber tone, the night has been taken by the spirit of festivities.

Another planet accepted into the fold of the Confederacy, providing safety and security, by more than one avenue, to the residents of Janara III. Cares and worries disappeared for the night. Now was the time for merriment and festivity in the heart of Janara III's newest getaway. Tomorrow was another day. But for tonight, Hope was rekindled. Joy was felt by all. Tomorrow would bring its own challenges, but small moments of fellowship offered the same reminder to the individuals discussing under the light of Janara III's moon the very same message that was being offered to oppressed worlds and downtrodden people everywhere: You are not alone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom