Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Jewel of Hapes

A Light Shining in Darkness
Theed_Palace_full.jpg
Hapes
Mid-Afternoon
YP5QQ1m.gif
A beautiful planet that once stood as the capital of the Hapes Consortium - and now the home of one of the most renowned Jedi Masters in the last three hundred years. Wyatt could feel his heart quicken, if only slightly as his ship’s droids piloted them ever closer to the drop off. He knew there was nothing to fear, that the Force had given him guidance here - but mortality often worked against the will of the Force.​
Wyatt could feel the anxiety in him grow, but the Force drew it back down with every blink of his eyes - and where the darkness of his sight lay, the beauty of the force moved in droves of brilliant oceanic blue. It brought a smile to his face, even as the droids offered over the intercom their arrival;​
“30 seconds until landing.”​
Wyatt let go of the handle that supported him and readjusted his robes. He’d borrowed the ship and wore his best set of robes for the occasion; mostly because he didn’t know how first impressions might have gone. Force forbid he appear dingey, dirty, or…​
Well, like Wyatt tended to.​
The ship landed with all the grace droids piloting could offer, and the landing pad opened with clunk-hiss. Wyatt stepped out with a warm smile on his lips, and an excitement he’d felt for much of the journey -​
Excuse me, I’m here to see Jedi Master Romi Jade. Could you help?”, he asked the nearest person.​

While Valara had been run off-world, the energy she summoned remained in the citizens of Hapes. Merci had to re-establish trust, and ensure her people that the borders being reopen would not bring about the total downfall of the Consortium. Though, having saved her life -- she wanted Romi present as things remained largely unsettled; Johannes liked having her around too...though he'd never openly admit. But, that meant he didn't have to go all in on the political train if his sister was well and she had a Jedi as an advisor.

"I suggest listening to their grievances, making them feel apart of this restructuring process. Your court has nothing but their unified voice to wager against you...and their leader has been deposed. Winning the public over first would stabilize things a bit, and decrease your oppositions base. Lets force them into a compromi--"

She shot over a quick glance,

An officer, "Master Jade, you've been requested." he backpedalled and gave way for her to maneuver around him.

"Leaving already pretty bird?" Johannes with the remarks,

She smirked passing by, "Be a good cheerleader and keep the energy up while i'm away."

------------------------

A separate meeting room...

She paced in - casually

"You've made a request for me?" She looked to her guest, "I'm Romi Jade"

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Wyatt had been sitting quietly, eyes closed as he let the nature of the Force flow around him - and he could sense Romi coming. Just before she opened the door, he opened his eyes, glanced towards her - and smiled something warm. She felt familiar - though he was sure that only went one way, and it took a moment to place exactly why.​
Yet, as he stood to greet her, he remembered - his wife, his son, the memories of breakfast and the nights on the balcony, supper and conversations before bed. She looked identical to her, felt just like her - and it forced a quiet, somber smile on his lips. He wasn’t entirely ready for that, but it was what the Force had offered, and he was to take it as a sign - though what exactly that meant…​
He stuttered as he began to speak;​
Romi, I- I apologize. My name is Wyatt Morga, I’m a Master with the Jedi Order on Coruscant.”, he said as he quickly regained his composure, and offered to shake her hand.​
I’m sorry for my rushed behavior, I… You, uh, you reminded me of someone I once knew.”, Wyatt offered with a reserved consideration.​
Please, sit - I don’t want to take up more time than I need to. I understand you’re a very busy woman.”, he chuckled as he himself sat down.​

There eyes seemed to have connected, and from her point of view it seemed as if he'd heard her -- he seemed lost in thought however.

She wasn't sure how long of a while she'd waited or it took him to reply, it was almost as time stopped just within those few seconds of their thoughts lingering; it happens.

She sought out his hand with her own, meeting him in the middle somewhere "Coruscant huh? Nice. I-I can't quite say I'm familiar with you Wyatt, but I welcome you to Hapes."

She smirked, "Oh?"

Heh

"Can I ask who?" She expressed before pacing off and around him to a seat that would situated across from him. "What brought you all this way? Especially for me...I'm not even important. Has something happened?"

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

My… Wife.”, he said with a bit of hesitation. A touch of blush ran through his cheeks as his gaze averted to his hands, thumbs twining around one another.​
She passed away a long time ago.”, he said with a glance back to her - offering a warm smile to her; though it carried with it a slight tone of sadness.​
But no, nothing has happened Romi - At least, not of the bad sort. Rather, the Jedi are looking to reunify once agian, and I wanted to speak to you of that - of your opinion on it. Despite what you may think, many respect you and your skill.”, he said with a nod.​
Me included.”​

My… Wife.”, he said with a bit of hesitation. A touch of blush ran through his cheeks as his gaze averted to his hands, thumbs twining around one another.​
“Oh...I-” She’d never gotten that before, she was sure what the appropriate response to something like that was. But she noticed it struck a nerve for him, and before now she wasn’t quite so sure whether it was a positive or negative thing.​
“I-I’m sorry to hear that Wyatt, i’m sure she was a lovely woman...”
Her gestures grew soft — when your body releases tension and you just feel for someone. She nodded, with the underlying warmth following.​
“Let me apologize for encroaching. It was wrong for me to intrude on something so personal.”
She felt it was necessary.​
But no, nothing has happened Romi - At least, not of the bad sort. Rather, the Jedi are looking to reunify once agian, and I wanted to speak to you of that - of your opinion on it. Despite what you may think, many respect you and your skill.”, he said with a nod.​
Me included.”​
“Reunify huh?” She casually let herself sink into her chair, folding a leg over the other with a garnished smirk.​
“Well...I’ve been doing my own thing for quite sometime. We’ve got bigger issues over squandering over titles and ideals in our own pocket universes. But, I would support a reunification movement I suppose. The main issue I have with the state of the Jedi Order as a whole is that we talk way too much. Action brings results...the Empire should’ve never gotten this far.”
“And who will be driving this unification movement? And what would be different?”

Last edited:
Please, think nothing of it.”, Wyatt said with a dismissive wave of his hand.​
And she was. A very lovely woman.”, agreeing with a warm smile that overtook any sadness he might’ve once offered her - perhaps for her own sake, perhaps for his own.​
But yes, Reunification.”, he said as he rested his palms face down on the table, as though bracing himself for a conversation he expected to turn against him.​
You are right - the Empire has gotten too far in its expanse. As far as who’s driving it? I… Well, I suppose I am. The Force guides me to it, so I do as I feel it wishes for me - and for now that means unification efforts.”, he seemed to laugh, though soft as it were.​
As far as different, I’m unsure - while talks are important, most Jedi don’t enjoy ‘action’. They want their issues dealt with, selfish as it may be, and I must try and obliged. How did the other attempts you know of go, what made them fail, Romi?”​

“Well...Starboy did a heck of a job I must say.”

She could give Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser his props whenever; she respected his work even though he bugged the heck out of her regularly.

“Coren. For one, he became what he wanted to see. Others took note of it and came to understand the principal. It was a unified mission, a goal that we all could stand behind. He didn’t ask for permission...”

Shrug

“I wasn’t around for the previous efforts, but from what i’ve come to understand, going off the history, is that they got caught up with this idea of power? — not so much with having it themselves but with others having it. I think if you’re gonna do it, just do it. Not so much based on what the others want but what we need. What you think we need.”

Hmm

“I mean who is to say they ever really failed? I think each time there has been progress, just a bit. You’ve got more people listening this time...just take charge.”

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Wyatt nodded as Romi spoke; having been far more ingrained in Jedi Politics than himself, and even then, she seemed only interested in it at the surface. He sighed as she spoke of taking charge, of ignoring the others opinions; but would that truly be the best route?​
He idly shook his head;​
I’m just… not sure, Romi. I want compromise, for the Orders to unify on their terms -”, but he paused.​
- but they don’t look at compromise as enough. A strong council, no council, two masters from each order, a strong central order, vanity positions.”, he sighed as he repeated what each of them had given him in turn.​
They all want so much… I want to believe you’re right, but I’m just not sure. The Force has always guided me to the center, why wouldn’t it now?”​

“You’re contemplating...”

A beat.

“Looking for ways to bring about a compromise...seeking advice from other senior members like yourself...”

She uncrossed her legs, leaning in, she dug her elbows into her thighs for the support she needed in propping her head up.

“But what about the alternative? What if there can’t be a compromise? Long, drawn out thought can sink this entire movement as well. And I can only tell you based off my own experiences, off what I’ve done and what I’ve seen. Sometimes...we just need a leader or leaders. Those people who push forward on action regardless. That’s someone i’d follow.”

“There’s way too many of us for everyone to come to an agreement on how we think things should be run. When I decided to relinquish my role as Grand Master...I did it, much to the dismay of those around me, because I knew that a council would fair better for the longevity of the Order. I felt that, and so I went for it. I wasn’t ready then anyway...if I’d drawn it out any longer who knows what the current state would be...”

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Wyatt, almost reflexively, leaned back as she leaned forward - perhaps without thinking about it. His mind was still on the world of the Jedi, on what it meant to lead; and what Romi offered him in return to his concerns. To take charge - and still consider the Council’s wishes - it was a balancing act that seemed ever precarious; as though he weren’t already walking along the edge of a vibroblade, constantly trying to shake him off.​
You’re right, Romi.”, he offered as he closed his eyes, visualizing what she said as a second way to internalize it.​
We do need leaders, now more than ever; and ones that won’t abandon those in need, or fuel themselves on their own prideful ego.”​
His thoughts went to two Jedi leaders in the order now - but it was only briefly. There was no reason to upset himself over their trivialities, but he had to concern himself solely with what would affect the Order. He just wished more were willing to listen to reason…​
For what its worth, Romi, I think you’ve done an amazing job guiding the Jedi.”, he offered with a smile, his eyes opening once again to look her over, remember her features.​
You’ve always been an amazing Jedi. Thank you - if for nothing else, for being there.”​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom