Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Jedi way

5WwvUTC.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
Ship: Factory link
To visit the Capital world of the Ashlan Crusade was a strange thing — she had worked with them before but never had she set foot in their territory. The relationship between them and the Jedi she aligned herself with publically, the GA, wasn't exactly something that had her feel welcome here. But with her official business being a meeting with Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , she hardly cared about how well she would be received. Meeting him, the man responsible for much of her and the Galaxy's suffering, was worth anything.
But before she would travel to his prison facility, she had different plans.
When it became public knowledge that a Jedi from the core worlds was going to be arriving on Bosph, a message had been sent out by Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir with the request for a meeting. The woman was interested in learning more about being a Jedi, and Valery simply figured that she wanted her take on the Force and the conflicts of this Galaxy. Perhaps something else too?
She was going to find out soon.
Because Valery had no experience with Boshp and what the planet was like, she had sent a message in return requesting the woman to meet her on the spaceport. Eina would likely be able to take them somewhere appropriate to talk after they met up there.
So when her X-wing finally landed on the assigned landing Pad, she climbed out of the canopy and took off her helmet, allowing her long hair to fall down behind her back. She then tossed it back inside and shut the canopy before she walked around, looking for the woman.
5WwvUTC.png

Guardian Angel | Light of Ashla
Lady Eina L'lerim-Vandiir
The First and the Light of Ashla

Heiress and Princess of the Eternal Empire and Terraris; Angelic Mascot and Representative of the Ashlan Crusade
Eternal Empire's Ambassador to the Ashlan Crusade; Matriarch of the Valkyrja; Leader of Sanctuary and the Fjölkyngi Smiđr Guild
DBuss3a.png
Objective II.: Meet and speak with Valery.
Equipment: Sverð Fyrstr (swords) | Ljósspjót (spear) | Skrúð Engill Fyrstr (armour) || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m || Current appearance
Writing With: Valery Noble Valery Noble
5dt1Tto.png
[ Daughter of the Sea ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

It wasn't really Eina who arranged this meeting, she was only told afterwards. She wasn’t really intrusive and used to it that she wasn’t the one looking for others, but usually others coming into contact with her. This was mainly due to the time spent at Netherworld. So some crusaders sent a message to Valery, about this so she could talk to Valkyrja as well. Eina, as always, came from the Netherworld, not long before the meeting. As she was quite a well-known person in the Ashlan Crusade, many greeted her as she walked into the spaceport.

Here she went to the specified place; it was quite a striking phenomenon in armour, with a her swords on her back, a spear with a Light side aura in her hand, not to mention the wings of the huge red-and-gold, though she still pulled them together to not bother no one. Since almost everyone loved her here, no one stopped her from arriving with so many guns. Eina had previously received a picture of Valery so she knew who to look for and also where the woman would arrive soon. So she went to that hangar.

Eina was quite special with her aura, as she was like Ingrid, only as if someone had mixed Ingrid's in another aura, another Force Signature. That was half of Adrian; it was her legacy, a sign that she was born of the souls of her parents, in a non-traditional way. Although it wasn't visible and could only be known by the person she told it to. In addition, her voice was the same as Lady Ingrid's, and her features were similar. It was clear that she had a kinship with the Empress, though it was a rather special relationship; only Eina was fully Lightsider and her aura in the Force was a beautiful golden glow.

The Valkyrja arrived a minute or two before Valery arrived, so she walked into the hangar at about the moment the other woman set out to look around. It was strange at first because she valued two auras, two lives from within, but she only saw one. It took a few moments for Eina to realise that the woman was pregnant. This is not something she has encountered many times in her life, it is quite rare in the Netherworld, especially for sentient life forms. In any case, she found it wonderful and interesting and the woman walked closer and smiled kindly at her.

"You're Lady Noble, aren't you?" she asked. "I'm Eina L'lerim, they said you would help explain my questions about the Jedi."

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

5WwvUTC.png
The moment Valery got out of her ship and began searching for the woman she was supposed to meet, she could already feel her aura in the Force. Against the background of so many people walking through the spaceport, such a presence of Light stood out to her, and it made her feel much more welcomed than anything she had experienced thus far.
Even if there were differences in political beliefs or personal philosophy, they all served the Light.
Valery then turned towards the source and watched as Eina approached, dressed in armor that one couldn't miss among the crowd, and wielding weapons that certainly caught people's attention as well. It told her much about the woman, but only a proper conversation would confirm any of these first impressions.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady L'lerim," Valery said with a warm smile of her own, which was followed by a bow of her head — an important sign of respect to her.
"And that's correct. I'm a Jedi Master serving the Galactic Alliance mostly, but I'm also involved heavily with the Ossus Praxeum. I would be happy to answer any questions you may." she said with a soft smile.
"Where would be a good place to talk?"
5WwvUTC.png

Heiress and Princess of the Eternal Empire and Terraris; Angelic Mascot and Representative of the Ashlan Crusade
Eternal Empire's Ambassador to the Ashlan Crusade; Matriarch of the Valkyrja; Leader of Sanctuary and the Fjölkyngi Smiđr Guild
DBuss3a.png
Equipment: Sverð Fyrstr (swords) | Ljósspjót (spear) | Skrúð Engill Fyrstr (armour) || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m || Current appearance
5dt1Tto.png
[ Daughter of the Sea ]

"Eina will be perfectly enough, for me the ranks which are given to me by others don’t mean much." she said kindly and modestly.

She also reciprocated the bowing with her head; Eina, too, always gave respect to others. Although she was the leader of her people, she never expected to be called a Lady or princess. For her it really didn’t mean much. However, she often, almost always, called others Lord or Lady, even if they weren't born as a noble, but they were noble in their heart and soul. Giving respect was also one of the traits she inherited from her mother and was very much present in her behaviour as well.

"Galactic Alliance… I was there on Coruscant when the Maw attacked the planet. However, I have never heard of Ossus Praxeum." she admitted.

True, she didn’t care much about Realpsace’s politics or things like that. Rather, she just helps where she needs it, and helps her friends and the Ashlan Crusade. So that she has thought about it now, the Valkyrja knows not many people in this world besides them and her family. Although the Ashlan Crusade's members considered themselves as Jedi, she thought they were very different from a traditional Jedi. For they were servants of Ashla, they served the goddess, the Jedi were not religious. As far as she knows.

She was a little embarrassed by the last question. Eina never knew the answer to that. She would have known at home, but not here. In the Realspace everything was harder.

"I'm sorry, I don't always know the needs of a mortal… living, especially not if they are carrying a child. If you tell me what you want, it will probably be easier to figure something out." she said apologetically and confused.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

5WwvUTC.png
Valery offered the woman a smile, "Eina it is, and you may feel free to call me just Valery." she said equally in kind. Among Jedi, Valery was used to titles being utilized as a way to show respect, but she didn't mind it if they were forgotten in the right company. Eina showed both friendliness and respect, which she could appreciate.
"I'm sorry, I don't always know the needs of a mortal… living, especially not if they are carrying a child. If you tell me what you want, it will probably be easier to figure something out." she said apologetically and confused.

Valery blinked and looked down at her stomach, realizing the woman had picked up on her pregnancy. When she referred to a place to talk, she hadn't even thought about that. She just meant somewhere better than a loud, busy spaceport for a conversation that would go into questions about the Jedi.
But now that Eina pointed it out, she probably should consider the pregnancy as well.
"Oh that's quite alright," Valery said with a warm smile. "As long as we can sit down somewhere, that would be perfect. I should limit how much I do physically," she said before she'd allow Eina to lead them somewhere — she knew this place better than Valery after all.
"Feel free to ask me any questions you may have while we move. But if you don't mind, I'd love to learn a little bit more about you as well," she said, never having met someone from the Netherworld yet. Her interest in learning was, without Eina likely realizing it yet, also a trait of being a Jedi — they were interested in learning about the Galaxy.
5WwvUTC.png

DBuss3a.png
5dt1Tto.png
[ Daughter of the Sea ]

"All right, I can accept this, Valery!" she said kindly.

She thought for a moment where they could go. When she usually visits Isla and Heinrich she'll go to their office. She knew the temples were quiet places, but… Although Eina was not religious, she already knew the things of Ashla's religion and didn’t want to offend anyone at all by starting talking to someone in the church. Since she had no need for food or drink, she did not know of any cafes or restaurants. But luckily something came to her mind.

"I think I saw some VIP meeting rooms or simple rooms here in the spaceport. I think we can talk there." she offered.

At the other request, she shook her head and smiled again.

"No problem at all, I'm used to a lot of people asking, the mortals... living beings not meeting a lot of visitors from the Netherworld." she replied.

She then walked out of the hangar. Eina picked up on the speed and pace at which her companion was moving, fully attuned to her. She asked a few guards out there for help on what to do, who to talk to. But fortunately, the staff at the place were kind and helpful, so in less than five minutes the two women could find themselves in one of the private rooms in the café here, where they had already taken their order. Not too surprisingly, Eina didn't really ask for anything, as she never ate or drank anything. If she wanted to experience it, she used the dyad between her and her beloved, and felt what Gei was eating or drinking. She didn't need more than this.

"At first, I would like to hear about... I’d be wondering how the Jedi see the Force, what they think of it. Among the crusaders, I have found that they think very differently about this than we, the Valkyrja, and this is true of the Sith as well. I’ve seen, heard and read quite a few contradictions about the Jedi. I knew they were guardians of peace, peacekeepers, but I saw what they did during the Civil War. Quite the opposite of everything I heard in the Netherworld from the souls who were once Jedi." she said her thoughts.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

5WwvUTC.png
The way Eina treated her guests said much about the woman to Valery. Judging by the armor and weapons alone, there was no doubt that the woman from the Netherworld was a warrior, but she had a good heart to back it up. She seemed to care about making Valery comfortable and arranged a private meeting room in a nearby cafe, where Valery sat down and requested herself some water.
Her gaze then turned to Eina with an appreciative smile, and she'd listen to the first question asked.
"It can be difficult to narrow it down for all Jedi —Individual Jedi tend to have differing views on how they perceive the Force, but traditionally we don't view the Light and Dark sides as deities. We view the Force as an ally that can guide us, and we believe that we serve it by protecting life and peace around the Galaxy. We don't exert control over the Force the way users of the Dark Side will, but instead, we allow it to guide us."
Valery then paused a moment.
"Traditional Jedi don't view the Force as a tool either, unlike other groups of Force users, and try to limit its use to situations that actually require it — the Force can't be a crutch, and should not be used for selfish desires. This is how I personally still view it, but I'll admit that I've seen far less traditional Jedi since my awakening from stasis who don't quite think that way anymore."
"Our studies are focused on deepening our understanding of how the Force interacts with us and the Universe, with the goal that we can use our connection to serve the people of the Galaxy as protectors. But as history has proven, many have strayed from their paths as well, and mistakes have been made."
"But there have been many good Jedi as well, who have used their connection to defend and protect."
5WwvUTC.png

DBuss3a.png
5dt1Tto.png
[ Daughter of the Sea ]

"I’m not religious either, sometimes it’s a little confusing that I am also considered a religious figure." she said, a little confused as she blushed.

Eina listened intently to what Valery had to say about the Force. For the Valkyrja, it was as if the woman was talking about an existing, sentient, and living person, not the Force. She and her species saw it all differently. But that made sense after what Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood was referring to on Dromund Kaas, because he also talked about it as if she were a living being, or at least it has consciousness. She found this very interesting, really.

"If I understand correctly, do you look at it as if it were a living being, or at least it has consciousness?" she asked.

As the woman mentioned the crutch, Eina looked at her a little puzzled. Yes, she was used to the fact that in the telepathic and empathic communication that Valkyrja uses, everyone says and conveys as a feeling what they think or feel. So Eina takes everything literally, like the people saying that. So now she imagined the crutch, really a crutch, and not the metaphor.

"Why would anyone use the Force as a crutch?" she asked. "It can't be, it's not a physical thing…"

After Valery's words, Eina continued to watch and try to understand why the Jedi were so separate. It didn't really work out. The Valkyrja clans were also different and yet they lived together, working together when needed. In fact! Even she herself fit perfectly into the Ashlan Crusade.

"It’s interesting, but if the same goal is to bring peace, why are they scattered with so many? Wouldn't the goal be to be in one place and try to achieve this together?" she inquired.

At least she thought they would be stronger and more effective by supporting each other…

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

5WwvUTC.png
"If I understand correctly, do you look at it as if it were a living being, or at least it has consciousness?"
Valery pursed her lips forward at the first question, taking a moment to collect her thoughts before answering the question she was asked, "I don't view the Force as a living being itself, but life does cherish because of it. That's part of why Jedi seek to protect life. As for the consciousness question, most Jedi believe the Force to have a will of some kind. A way many believe it reaches out to us is through visions and other signals we receive during our duties."
She then paused and listened to the woman's next question.
"Why would anyone use the Force as a crutch?" she asked. "It can't be, it's not a physical thing…"
Valery blinked at first but quickly began to chuckle, realizing that Eina had taken it the wrong way. "Oh, it's not literally using it as a crutch to walk. What I meant is that Jedi should not rely on the Force in situations that don't require it. We don't use the Force as a tool just to make our own lives easier."
The question that followed was one she hadn't expected initially, but it was a good one to ask. The Jedi in this time were definitely quite divided, more so than she was used to.
"Among the Jedi, views can differ greatly in certain aspects. One example is what the Jedi should focus their efforts on. Many are doing their best to protect and defend in the war, but some feel that more attention must be spent among the people, to help them with more local issues. That can lead to Jedi being spread all across the Galaxy to handle different things. But despite this division, their ultimate goal is still very similar — they wish to help and protect people."
5WwvUTC.png

DBuss3a.png
5dt1Tto.png
[ Daughter of the Sea ]

Eina nodded Valery’s explanation. The girl also knew exactly that the Force is really the totality of all existing souls, but this is not the case most of the time, she means the will when she mentioned this. Of course, there are oversouls like Manda, or even Ashla, maybe even the Avatars, who are units of many souls and thus form a huge and very strong entity. But they are typically already separate from the Force and they are a bit different. So the question was a very interesting theological question.

"I see, but I think they're misunderstood. I recently met someone who said the Force has a will. But he doesn't want to be the Force's puppet and he wants to destroy it…" she thought aloud.

She said these to herself the most, not really waiting for an answer. Oh! She blushed a little when she realised from Valery's explanation that she had misunderstood things again. Eina didn’t really get along with metaphors and things like that. These were quite foreign to her. That’s why she often didn’t even understand the books she received from members of the Ashlan Crusade. There were a lot of metaphors in each of them. She hasn’t been to Realspace long enough to know or understand these.

"Oh, I see! And I know a lot of people do that. Searching for and achieving Force visions is something like that. If the Jedi are looking for harmony with the Force… Why are they learning to use it? I mean, learning to use it is already a use similar to what the Sith does. Harmony would not be that they know as much as nature intended for them. By learning to use it, to better understand this is nearly similar to exploiting the possibilities. Doesn't that go against harmony? That's a desire to possess that's forbidden to the Jedi, isn't it?" she inquired curiously.

If Eina sees and feels these are unpleasant and uncomfortable questions for Valery then she apologises to the woman and of course doesn’t expect any answers from her. But it was probably really clear from the questions that she didn’t know the Jedi. She nodded at the next answer. The Valkyrja couldn't have said it was particularly convincing to her. She considered it selfish to have their own interests in mind, rather than being directed by a central council who would send the right people to the right place. But it was their decision, even if it wasn’t very effective in her eyes.

"You said you had questions too. Feel free to ask. I'm starting to feel like I'm questioning you as an inquisitor." she offered as smiled kindly.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

5WwvUTC.png
Valery listened intently to the woman as she continued forward from the topic of using the Force as a crutch. The question or comments made didn't offend Valery at all, but she did find them to be interesting. After a moment, she nodded and continued to offer her perspective with a kind smile.
"Sith learn to command the Force, bend it to their will and by extension, use it for a rise to greater power. But power isn't something absolute — it's measured against others, and this is why they are known to be oppressive and destructive. Even infighting is not uncommon at all. It's the nature of the Dark Side; a corruptive force with an insatiable desire for more power." Valery clarified.
"The Jedi learn to use the Force as an ally, an extension of themselves that offers advice and strength to protect the very things that allow the Force to flourish, such as life. We seek control and harmony not so we can rise above someone else, but so we can protect those people. But we also find it important that we don't rely on it for everything, because abusive use has often been a pathway to a darker path." Valery explained before she chuckled at the woman's comment.
It hadn't really felt like an interrogation to her; just an interesting conversation about a fairly complex topic. The Jedi that Valery was introduced to in the days of the Old Republic had changed a lot, and to really give one explanation that captured all Jedi was nearly impossible these days. But she hoped the Jedi's role as defenders was at least understood.
"My question is related to you and your people — I personally don't know much about the world you come from, and what your role is there. If you could explain more about it, I'd love to hear it."
5WwvUTC.png

DBuss3a.png
5dt1Tto.png
[ Daughter of the Sea ]

"I know the Sith a little, they all consider me an Abomination." she smiled sadly for a moment.

Even the first person, the first Sith, called him that, when he recognized the girl's Force signature. And Eina's fame spread quite quickly among the others; even Carnifex himself considered her as an abomination. The Sith didn’t like the fact that the girl was essentially half born from the soul of a Sith Lord, yet she was a Lightsider. Meanwhile, she listened intently to what the woman was saying about the Jedi. To her, this sounded like a similar perception from both sides, only the Jedi were less aggressive; but the word control actually made the two sides very similar in Eina's eyes. And they were different from the crusaders as well.

No wonder they have been fighting each other for millennia, and the side of light is as belligerent and hostile as the Dark. She also read about the Civil War, what happened there. The Valkyrja saw sadly there that many times the Jedi were no better than the Sith and killed everyone. The question, the "why" would have really interested her, but she didn't want to put Valery in an awkward position with it; even Eina knew it wasn't a pleasant period.

In the end, she got a question, it was easier, at least for her.

"I am a member of a species called Valkyrja, the first of them, and I lead them as a Matriarch. This is more of an honorary title than an actual leadership role. It is our job to protect and heal souls. In the Netherworld, we help those who can’t defend themselves, prepare the souls before they become completely one with the Force. In addition, we will escort souls who have fallen on the battlefield to Netherworld. In many cases, it is necessary to explain what happened to them, what kind of world they came to. My people are accompanying commercial convoys everywhere in the Netherworld, protecting souls, taking care of them. We are constantly fighting the demons who want to destroy everything. Let us try to free souls from the clutches of entities that want to eat them. And we also fight the Maw's Avatars regularly. And here in Realspace we are present on the battlefields and offer the worthy warriors after their death to join us and become one of the Valkyrja." she tried to explain this in short.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

5WwvUTC.png
"I'm quite sure they consider me an abomination as well. Or just a pain the butt." She smirked.
For most of her life, Valery had been heavily involved in the wars against the Sith — even now she was a Jedi who stood at the forefront of the ongoing war. But the nature of it had shifted quite a lot. Throughout their history, the Jedi had made many mistakes, but they had also undergone massive changes.
Valery had grown up in the days of the Old Republic, a time when all Jedi were born into a disastrous war as well. But they were very different from those in the High Republic, the Clone Wars, and even those she knew now. The battle against the Dark Side was a necessary one, but the way it was fought would likely continue to change.
But rather than going into all of it too much, Valery let the conversation shift to the other woman. She was quite curious to hear more about her, so it was a nice change of pace.
"Hmm.." she said after a moment with a smile. "In a way, your people show similar values to what the Jedi are supposed to be. A group that protects those who can't protect themselves, and a shield against demons or other forces of destruction." Valery said. Of course, the methods were likely different, but the philosophy behind it felt similar.
"If you often face off against the Maw, then I'm sure we may see each other on the battlefield sometime. I have shifted my focus a lot towards protecting worlds against them."
5WwvUTC.png

DBuss3a.png
5dt1Tto.png
[ Daughter of the Sea ]

Eina smiled for a moment and shook her head. She never hid how she was born and who her parents were.

"One of the most famous figures in the Sith Empire is my father. Lord Vandiir, or Darth Prospero, was a member of the Dark Council and later of the Pillars. One of our age, if not the best alchemist and sorcerer. Because of his actions, a lot of people hunted him down and I did. She is not my father in a biological sense, nor is Lady L'lerim my mother in a biological sense. I was born out of their souls, literally. Part of their souls tore out of them and merged, that’s how I became and born. Although my mother was not Darksider, but my father was. And I think you feel like I'm far enough away from the Dark Side." she explained this.

She was ashamed of her ancestry only once in her life; when Gei found out and how her beloved crusader looked at her then. Fortunately, however, this was not an obstacle between them later on. The man might be suddenly determined sometimes, but luckily, he realised he was wrong. Maybe that was one of the traits that made her love him.

She smiled at Valery's words and nodded.

"Yes, it is similar, although for us this is true for the whole species, not just a group. And we don't follow any code. In fact, we actually see the Force quite differently and think about it quite differently than the Jedi. And we use it differently." she explained kindly.

She nodded at the last words again.

"Yes, both Ashlan Crusade and the Eternal Empire are at war with the Maw. So yes, I think we will meet. However, you may want to think more about yourself and your child first." she said softly; meanwhile she remembered Isla’s words and the thought that she couldn’t have a child and could never give a real family to Gei. From this thought, as always, she became sad.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

5WwvUTC.png
Valery tilted her head slightly when Eina explained about how she was born and who her parents were — it wasn't exactly as straightforward as most people, so the story was rather interesting, "Born from merging souls? That's not something I've heard before but it's quite fascinating to hear how different some things can be in other places in the Galaxy or well, other dimensions I suppose." she said with a friendly smile.
"I never really knew my parents, because I went with the Jedi when I was really young. But I'm quite sure I was born the more traditional way." she chuckled, hoping to keep up the mood with some light joking.
"As for your people, I'm not surprised they use the Force differently and without a Code, but I will admit that I'm glad it's with a goal similar to that of the Jedi. A role of protectors able to help people who can't protect themselves." she said with a nod, "With how extreme the forces of the Maw and other dangerous groups are, the people in the Galaxy really need that protection."
Finally, her gaze shifted down to her stomach and she smirked, "Oh yeah, I will be taking a break from the war fronts and other risky or demanding activities. After the baby is born, I'll need some time to get back in shape and recover too, but I'm confident we'll meet one day." She looked up at Eina with a determined smile, but it faded into a more neutral expression when she noticed that Eina looked a bit saddened.
"Is everything okay?" she asked, her tone kind and caring.
5WwvUTC.png

DBuss3a.png
5dt1Tto.png
[ Daughter of the Sea ]

Eina nodded, knowing that her birth was a very extreme thing. The Valkyrja didn't hear similar either; a coincidence, nothing more. Several Ashlan crusaders thought it might have been Ashla's will. Sometimes even Eina thought it might be true that it was created to fix the sins her father did against the souls. How he ate them to create other life forms. Yes, Adrian Vandiir, or Darth Prospero, has done countless horrible things.

"The situation is a little different, my "birth" was unintentional, just a coincidence when a soul piece of the two of them broke out of their souls to be together when they touched each other." she explained, her father no longer had consciousness, his soul torn to thousands of pieces, only soul shards existed that hid some traits, some memories of him, but it wasn’t complete, he wasn't himself anymore; he probably never will be again. "Probably that’s why the Bogan never ruled me because they had pure emotions. That they wanted to take care of each other and be together even there."

She nodded to the next, that was one of the very strange things for her. She knew that it was uncommon nowadays, but still a living tradition.

"I know the Jedi Code and I know that attachment is not allowed in many places, or at least this was the main dogma to them for long. I hope I don’t offend you, but I find it cruel that they take the children away from their families to become Jedi out of them. To me, this is similar cruelness to what the Sith and the Bogan do." she told her.

She smiled at the next one and nodded.

"Yes, I considered it important to educate and teach them for this to make it the cornerstone of my, our people. This is why my mother created the first ones after me, to take care of the pieces of my father’s soul. But we continued to evolve and become a civilization." she explained. "The Netherworld is even more cruel than Realspace. And few good individuals retain their consciousness, it is clear to them that they are one with the Force and they became one with the Force, so most beings have evil intentions. Here, among the living, it is much more balanced."

She was glad Valery would take care of herself, or at least want her after her child was born. She always remembered what it would be like to have a child with Gei, but that was impossible. They could have adopted one in the future, since there were so many orphans everywhere, but that’s another matter.

"I just thought, I can heal the body and the soul as well, save others from death or the Bogan’s corruption. I am able to help others in so many ways, but I am a creature of death, the world of the living is not my home. I consider you lucky… I will never be able to give such a gift to my beloved crusader as you to your chosen one." she said sadly.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

5WwvUTC.png
Valery blinked at the comment about Jedi taking children from their families, and shook her head gently, "It's a misconception that Jedi just take children away from their families — they don't. For young children, the parents have to give explicit permission for their child to go with the Jedi, and no mind tricks are allowed to be used." Valery said, frowning slightly at the idea that some people still believed that Jedi practically kidnapped them.
"There are historical examples of parents refusing to give up their child, and those were not taken. Admittedly, the only cases that fall into the Grey area are that there have been a few situations where an orphan was found to be Force-sensitive, and some did end up becoming Jedi." Valery continued to explain. "But after the purge, many who became Jedi did so when they were much older. My students, as an example, were both adults when they decided to become Jedi and many of the New Jedi Order's Jedi joined when they were much older and able to make the decision for themselves. None were forced, so there was absolutely no cruelty remotely akin to that of the Sith involved."
Valery then offered an understanding nod as the conversation shifted to the difference between Real Space and the Netherworld, "Sometimes it's hard to imagine that there are places crueler than this Galaxy — there is almost always war here. But I can see why your world is that way."
She then briefly looked down at her stomach again and smiled, "I'm sorry that it's impossible for you. I'll admit that I feel quite lucky as well. Starting a family has been a dream of mine for quite a while, so knowing I'm finally there is... very life-changing." she looked up at the woman with a smile.
"But worry not, you still have someone you love and maybe adopting is an option that can make you both happy parents as well."
5WwvUTC.png

DBuss3a.png
Objective: Meet and speak with Valery.
5dt1Tto.png
[ Daughter of the Sea ]

Eina listened intently to Valery's explanation. She didn't put it exactly and seemed to offend the other woman. So she spoke as soon as the Jedi finished. She hoped she could explain what she meant. The Valkyrja had seen so far that, for example, Gei was a small child when he joined the Jedi, he did not know his parents, his family, he thought they were dead. Her beloved crusader accepted to be a Jedi and loved being a Jedi, but not everyone was like that.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I thought… we, Valkyrja, respect free will. We will not transform anyone into Valkyrja without their consent and any member of our people may choose to become one with the Force if they are tired of this life. How should I wording it?"

She asked herself the most, then continued a few moments later.

"I mean, in such cases, the parent decides. Not the child. Not everyone can bear this burden or want this life, but it is forced on them. I know they may leave later, but even then their lives are already partially ruined. Many do not know their families, they think they are dead; they have nowhere to return. They have a hard time fitting in, they can always feel like an outsider. I agree that when young adults start to learn who feel the weight of this, they know what they are undertaking. Because they did it of their own free will, not because their parents wanted them to be different from them. I hope you understand what I wanted to say with this." she said in a little confused voice.

She nodded again, knowing that many loved to imagine the afterlife as a place for them to calm down and relax or they can find their final rest and peace; this was unfortunately rarely the case.

"There are more peaceful places where Lightsider souls go after their death, like the afterlife of Ashlan religion, or many other similar places. But the Sith has a separate territory called Hell, or Chaos. Maw’s avatars also live in a cruel place, but Manda isn’t exactly too friendly either." she explained.

She nodded, but in the end shook her head.

"I don’t know how I should talk to him about this… social relationships are not my strengths. I am a warrior… or a healer. I listen to others, I help them, I heal their bodies and souls. But many times I don’t know how I should talk to him about that. To heal the souls is much easier. Nor is it one of his strengths, and despite the close bond between the two of us, I don't know... even though I'm three hundred years old... I've never felt this way before anyone and he's the first in every sense…" she blushed deeply during her words.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

5WwvUTC.png
Valery offered a hopefully comforting smile as the woman seemed somewhat apologetic, "Oh it's quite alright, you didn't hurt or upset me but I just wanted to clarify some things. As for your points about the parents making the decision, I can understand that you disagree with it but there are some things to consider on that front as well." Valery continued.
"Originally, the reason that Jedi only brought young children to the Temple for training was specifically to avoid them being attached to their families. It's quite different these days but in the old days of the Jedi, attachments to other people were viewed as problematic because they could distract Jedi from selfless service to the Force. Nowadays, the Jedi aren't so strict with it, and many join the Jedi as adults, meaning they made their own choice. But I have noticed that those who started their training older tend to struggle a lot more with being in control of themselves and how they use the Force."
Valery then paused a moment in case Eina wanted to ask a question, but continued moments later with another perspective.
"Something else to keep in mind is that for many parents, having a Force-sensitive child was also a great danger. To the parents and to the child, because if the Jedi didn't bring them in for training, the Sith sometimes located them and forcefully took the children from the parents. Or if they weren't discovered, they'd create a lot of problems unintentionally because they were never trained to be in control when using the Force. You even see this in babies, who can cause damage to their home in emotional outbursts."
"So parents sometimes offered their children to the Jedi as a form of protection as well."
The conversation then shifted back to family and having children, which caused Valery to smile as Eina blushed, "I understand exactly how you feel. My partner made me feel the exact same way, and it's not always easy to open up. But my advice is to just be honest and speak from the heart about what you'd like and the steps you want to take with him in life. I was once nervous about asking my partner to start living in the same home together, but when I did offer it, he was just as happy as I was."
"Your partner loves you for who you really are, so if you speak honestly and from the heart, he will be supportive."
5WwvUTC.png

DBuss3a.png
Objective: Meet and speak with Valery.
5dt1Tto.png
[ Daughter of the Sea ]

"I understand. My beloved crusader was not so lucky, he was taken away as a child. He doesn't remember his family and thinks they’re all dead by now." she explained.

She still found it a more sympathetic solution for someone to join later than to be taken away as a child. From Valery's explanation, of course, she understood why it was better to start practising at a younger age. For her, and for the rest of Valkyrja, all this was not important and significant; for them, time was relative and they were alive for a very long time. I mean, in this form, since once upon a time as living creatures, they died to become Valkyrja. Except for Eina, because she had never existed before this condition. She nodded to the next.

"I mean, I know there aren’t too many Jedi, so unfortunately it can’t be resolved to set up schools where students can learn this and return home at the end of the day. Yet this could be a very good solution and initiative. I know one of these, on Terraris, the Spear Academy. But there you can learn all three sides in one place, in the greatest harmony. The Bogan' way, Ashla's way, and the neutral one." she told her.

Maybe she was really too idealistic and naive, but it also worked at home that all sides study and live together. Although there were few actual Darksider or actual Lightsider; the Valkyrja species was rather neutral.

"It would be good if there could be such schools everywhere and not just in isolated or very specific areas and planets." she said again, thoughtfully.

She listened intently to Valery, then tilted her head slightly at the end of her words.

"These are unusual things for me, which are normal for mortals, I'm sorry, for the living. He's from here, from the Realspace. And although I share a bond with him like you do with your own partner... Sometimes communication is difficult, even if he is my soulmate." she said in confusion.

Eina saw the dyad that binds the woman to the other person. She was strong enough to see them. Living in the same home together? They didn't even ask each other that Gei stayed with her to heal her and take care of her. Should she have asked that? She was even more embarrassed now, because it happened years ago. The Valkyrja really didn't know anything about these. When Valery said Gei loved her the way she was, she blushed again. Yes, he was the only one who saw her in her original form and he accepted her anyway.

"Is it always so hard and complicated?" she finally asked, she had experienced this in this way so far; everything was easier on the battlefield…

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom