Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Je'daii Order, Chapter Three: When Forces Collide

The young pilot slowly approached the woman.

"I'm Caesar Valen, I've come here to train with the Je'daii order, the only organization in the galaxy that shares my philosophy of balance."

He looked over as he saw people leaving, but reverted his gaze to the woman.

"I've been told you could help me," he said internally praying she would be his new hope.

He waited as a silence entered the room for what seemed like an eternity, but was in reality a mere few second.

ON7XaPN.jpg

[member="Jyn Sol"]

All at once, with a thinly veiled smile, Jyn inclined her head into a respectful bow.

"Caesar Valen; I'm Jyn Sol, Caretaker of the Je'daii Enclave here on Aurum. Though I daresay restoration of the Enclave has taken a backseat."

Lifting back up she allowed the smile to exist more freely, nodding her head once or twice as he spoke.

"The Je'daii are always looking for likeminded individuals to train in the ways of the Bendu. You wish to become a Journeyer of our Order? To undertake the trials all Je'daii must, in their Great Journey?"

One hand extended outward, as though encompassing the state of this tent, nay further than that the City and beyond.

"You will forgive us, of course, if our immediate focus is not to train. We have our hands full at the moment tending to the broken people of this world. But... I can find time to help you. Why not see these restoration efforts as your Mahara Kesh trial, that is to render aid to others. Come."

Another gesture, this time toward the entrance of the tent where she herself began to head through and out into the murky day which had formed outside. The air was rather humid, though, hopefully the tropical storm would skip a few days. It had been brewing on the horizon for a while now.

"This world is Aurum. Just a few decades ago it lay untouched, until settlers followed their Pale Queen across the stars to forge a new home here. They lived in prosperity for a time, before their Queen mysteriously disappeared, believed dead by the Galaxy, and the people were left undefended. That was when the Vong attacked, they destroyed much of this world's natural beauty, leveled the City of Azar which we stand within now. Most of the settlers died, as well as those who remained of our Order. Aurum is hardy, however, it did not take long for the jungles to spread into the devastated regions, and for the rubble to be reclaimed by the planet. Now all that remains are remnants of the past, and a few scattered settlements. These people are sick, injured, without hope... And we intend to rejuvenate their world, their City. The return of their Queen has brought them much hope, but that does not mean we are relinquished of our duties here."

[member="Caesar Valen"]

YuSva5x.jpg

Caesar returned the courteous bow to who he hoped was his new master.

"Thank you, I am here to help in any way I possibly can," Caesar replied with a grin on his face.

"I have traveled from my exile on Rishi, after Bastion fell to the Sith I went into hiding. I don't mind not training right away I am here to offer my talents. Seeing the ruined state of this city reminds me of my own home world when it fell."

Caesar walked out with Jyn into the humid city. He could feel the warm air pass through his thick hair waving it side to side.

"It was a difficult journey to track the order down to Aurum. I went half way across the galaxy in my search. If the queen can return I have hope that the emperors will too one day. I want to be ready to serve them, and I know you can prepare me mentally and physically. I am at your command." He said bowing once more to show his new found adherence to the Je'daii.

"Her name is Jyn" she said, feeling an emptiness in the pit of her stomach. There was something wrong about informing someone you barely knew, whom you had only seen through visions, of the identity of your best friend. It wasn't her place to do so, and yet she had promised to answer his questions. The fact that he looked down on her, that he doubted all she could see and know of not only his life, but Asha's, did not bother her... She was used to people disbelieving her abilities by now.

"Though... Asha named her Rhiari, before the flashburn. She leads our people, though she never intended to do so. She's as headstrong as your wife. Don't think ill of her, Tracyn, she had Jyn before she met you, before her return to the Jedi Order. She had to give her up, and the grief tore all memory of it from her mind. If she hadn't have met you, well... The strands show a much darker path. You saved her from that fate."

Swallowing back her doubts, she watched as he slowly unclenched his fist. If Jyn was close by her skin would be ashen by now, and pain would be shooting through her veins. It had taken her friend so very long to get her curse under control, she did not want Tracyn to ruin that.

"I can take you to her, but you must... Promise to keep your rage controlled. Her body reacts negatively to spikes in emotion... No thanks to the Sith."

[member="Tracyn"]

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
The compounding secrets, the all-too-familiar sting of discovery of unpleasant truths and facts. It was an all too familiar when it came to his wife. Too familiar. Too much. Too many things to find. Tracyn blinked rapidly. He went internal, trying everything, and anything, to control it. The anger that lay within Tracyn- came undone. Years of repressing it, trying to overcome it, came undone. He screamed, and lashed out. He picked up a nearby crate, and with the same effort as lifting a small feather, threw it halfway across the room. It splintered and the contents spilled out. Tracyn couldn't bring himself to hurt the girl like his more violent instincts were telling him to- like he really wanted to.

When he was done destroying everything he could, Tracyn ran a hand through his hair.

"I suppose you're going to wax poetic about another lie of my wife's? Anymore secretive plots, anymore tricks that she was afflicted with, to forget me and everything that we had? Or are you going to tell me that Asha was truthful to me the entire time, and knew none of this while we were together? Did I mean nothing? Did I account for nothing in her life? Or was it simply to this fool's errand of the Jedaii?"

[member="Asha Hex"] spoke of peace. Tracyn did as well. However, he lived chaos.

For the first time since entering his enraged presence, Asha physically recoiled. The contents of the crate were strewn across the ground, ampules and vials containing medicine shattered and met with the earth which hungrily soaked it up. How many men and women could just that one crate of supplies have saved? It was difficult to say. Slowly she calmed herself of her fears, watching as the man before her completely crumpled, broken at the seams from the strain of all he had endured.

Perhaps she ought to have left him. Had him removed from the City. But that was not her way.

Instead she stepped forward, toward him. No words were uttered by her as she lay a hand upon his arm and the tent they were both stood within dissolved into nothingness. Only the vast spectral strands of time swam around them in its place, the universe swelled before their eyes, expanding into its infinite possibilities.

And then it shrank, focusing into one moment in the not so distant past, a time before Tracyn had met his wife, a different time entirely. And before them she stood, her face a canvas of misery, with babe in arms. A babe that was, almost as quickly, removed from her... The woman's agony was palpable even through the strands of time, so much so that it shook the young girl to the core and almost forced her from her path entirely, into the emptiness of the void to be forgotten.

Still with a hand on his arm, she took one light step forward and the scene changed again, this time the woman was lay within what Tracyn would note as the Jedi's Halls of Healing with a vacant look in her eyes. Around them, just out of earshot from the woman herself, Jedi whispered of the odd turn of events. One word was louder than the rest, amplified through the Force itself. Flashburn.

Another step forward brought them to an entirely different scene. A happier time. Here Tracyn would look upon his own face as well as hers, as the pair began their forbidden romance.

"She died without ever finding out about Jyn," Asha said, so quietly it seemed as though she was afraid of alerting the younger couple though they most certainly could not hear, "She lost a large part of herself that day, several years worth of memories... Gone. She did not keep this from you intentionally, Tracyn, and I have no cause to lie to you either. You need to let go of this hatred, this anger, before it consumes you."

Carefully she removed her hand from his arm, and the scene which had played out around them faded until only the tent, with its broken crates, remained. Part of her expected some sort of backlash for her actions, it wasn't like her to take people into the Void without asking them first but... He needed to know.

[member="Tracyn"]

Alan

Memories. Time. Her touch brought him away. He was falling, tumbling. Before he saw what she saw. He saw the child. He saw himself. He saw her. Her in her radiance. Her beauty. Her unyielding resolve. And here he was, a shadow of his former self- if anything remained, at all. How much pain could a person endure before succumbing to their own darkness? For Tracyn, that moment came in a dark tent.

Tracyn gripped his skull, and fell to his knees. He breathed deeply, before looking upwards. The force darkened around him. The force was no longer dark, it was a deep onyx color around him. He resonated darkness, rage, hate. Loss and grief turned to anger.

He stood after a moment of intense, terrible silence. And looked upon [member="Asha Hex"] with darkened eyes. They were once icy gray- they were now a cold, steel color.

"Take me to Jyn."

Perhaps he could find out more. Perhaps he could learn more- and maybe find some solace in the woman that might've been his daughter once upon a time- before he was an bitter, older man.

[member="Asha Hex"]

The pain of her broken soul had receded, no more was it a harsh burn upon her mind, now it was softer, nothing more than clouds tainting a clear night sky. Or, at least, that is what she told herself as she strode through the Jungles of Aurum. However, the whispers of insanity and despair still clawed at her mind now that the blanked of Ashla and Bogan were no longer wrapped around her mind, no longer helping to hold her mind and soul together through balance. Still, despite the whispers, she continued to walk with careful and measured strides, repeating to herself that the pain was soothed, repeating it in an urgent whisper as she fought to make it the truth, not a lie she told to herself in the efforts to make it true and to proved herself comfort. She could not allow those that tortured her to win anymore, this was a new life, a new chance, and she would claim it with vigour to spite those same torturers.

'Besides', she mused to herself, 'I am not the only one hurting.'

And, indeed, she could feel it resonating within the Force. Hunger, pain, suffering. The very Darkness that she had used to find her balance still resonated within the Force. But, even if she had used that Darkness to find her balance, that did not mean it was just nor that she did not seek to soothe it. Darkness could come from passion and raw emotion, there was no need for it to come from pain and suffering. Besides, she knew pain and suffering well, had lived it for as long as she could remember. She knew the weight it put upon the soul and she had no wish to allow others to experience weight.

Stepping into the bustle of Azar, the rush of healers running to and fro, Ryiah kept her face expressionless as she fought to prevent her instinctive reaction of shying away from those that came close to her. But, then, instinct was a hard foe to over come and the end result was that stiffness crawled into her joints as she attempted to not flee. But, still, she did not falter from her path towards where she knew those injured and sick lay. She would not allow her own weakness be to death for many others. She was nothing before the grand scheme of things, a worthless woman that had survived her pain and avoided insanity through luck alone. The least she could do was help and render aid to those that needed it.

Stopping before the crowds of prone bodies, each one of them injured, Ryiah cast her silver gaze across them all, numbing her emotions until she was but a shade of herself, a shade with a singular purpose carved into her mind. She would not feel, she would not falter. Her broken soul would hide her emotions within its cracks as she worked. She would not allow herself to be distracted by anything. She was a tool wielded by her own hands to heal and nothing more.

Moving forwards on graceful strides, Ryiah lowered herself next to the first body that she came across, settling upon her knees as she lay a hand across the man's forehead and sternum. Her physical vessel taking a deep breath, Ryiah delved into the Force, surrendering herself fully, as she sought to stare into the ether and see what was wrong with her first patient.

"I cannot take you to her unless you get your emotions in check."

There was no threat in her tone, just a placid sincerity that spoke of an innate knowledge on such things. She took one step away from him, toward the entrance of the tent, eyes falling yet again to the mess which had been created within. Hopefully there was little of value in the crates, around these parts everything counted. They had lives to save, after all.

"I'm sorry I had to be the bearer of so much bad news, Tracyn. Truly, I am."

She pulled back the opening, and gestured for him to follow, her hands settling to her back once she stepped out into the sunlight. For a moment she merely blinked back the sting of the sun, before letting out a long sigh. Flow-Walking with another always took it out of her, and she felt a little uneasy on her feet, half-swaying as she strode along the somewhat uneven ground.

"If there is anything you wish to know, wish to see, you need only ask. I will need to rest first, though. It is very taxing."

[member="Tracyn"]

Alan

She was right. He hadn't been adhering to any of the Jedi ideals about...control. He sighed and fixed his hair. He closed his eyes and imagined the contours of her face, the pull of her cheeks when she smiled. A wave of calm washed over him.

One good memory, on the beach. One good day.

"I know- I just. It's been so long."

The Jedi slowly fell to a seat on top of a crate. His blonde hair spilled over his head, and he had to fix it again. She loved his hair, that much he remembered. She loved it since he was a young man.

"The more I dig into her past- my past, the more pain I bring out in myself. Is there anything else I should know- without you having to walk?"

And he didn't mean with her feet. He was just asking her. He didn't want to strain a connection to Asha anymore.

[member="Asha Hex"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom