Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Invitation

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex had re-entered CIS space looking for [member="Srina Talon"], he hadn't been back since he left during the viceroy meeting. He wanted to ask her a question. If she would go to a wedding with him. Rex had immense respect for Srina and thought she may enjoy a day out. Especially after Zolan something had made him look at her differently than he had originally. He ended up finding the Fortressa. For some reason he was just sure he would run into her.
kytzqkd1.png
He was in his stealth ship, so most of the defences didn't see him coming and those that did would still register it as a CIS ship. He was quite glad he left that on his ship for now. He could splice it off later. He entered a hanger bay and walked into the main ship. No one commented on him as he went as they recognised his armour pattern. If the old minister for science was here, he was here for a reason. He opened himself to the force looking for Srina. Either he would find her or she would find him.

Dragons123.png

As with most things, wherever Darth Metus went, Srina Talon was sure to follow. The Sith Lord and his apprentice were typically only separated by a need to perform their obligatory duties. Her Master had decided to sojourn to the Fortressa in the wake of recent disturbing events, and thus, she found herself walking the gilded halls in relative silence. The slender woman moved without the burden of armor and instead wore only a plain ivory dress. It was fitting, from her neck to the floor, and swept behind her in such a way that only the barest whisper of fabric heralded her presence.

The Echani paused in mid-step when a familiar presence caught her attention. She had not spoken with [member="Rex Taff"] since he had taken his leave of the Confederacy. It was an act that she found both bizarre and disheartening. As the Minister of Science, he had been one of the most important individuals in their airspace, with an almost complete autonomy of the projects beneath his purview. He had been trusted. Respected. His administration had been flourishing. The apprentice could not help but wonder, despite her better judgment, what had made him resign.

Part of her wondered if the fault lay with her. The withdrawal had taken place directly after Zolan. The time paradox had thrown all of them for a loop, most literally, but Srina had taken control at the time out of a need to save those around her. She hadn’t meant to step on anyone’s toes, let alone, one of their Ministers. Considering the Vicelord was tied up with meetings and general busy work the quiet woman began to head toward the former Minister. She made no overtures to hide herself, either through conventional means, or by way of the Force.

It wasn’t long before she found him, just outside some of the smaller meeting rooms, adjacent to one or the many personnel lounges. “Mini—“, she greeted, before catching herself, and adapting to his new status. She held out her hand cordially, a polite, perfect smile making itself present. “Rex Taff. It is good to see you…”

“Forgive us for not meeting you in the hangar. I had no warning, or notification, that you were inbound.”

Concern, plain as day, made its way onto her expression. Mr. Taff had left on splendid terms. They had no reason not to welcome him from the cold, or, to be kind. The CIS was many things, but, they remembered their own. Past and present. “Is something wrong? You’ve come a long way to find a flagship that didn’t necessarily wish to be found. Things have been difficult as of late and the Vicelord is preoccupied, however, I am certain he would take a moment to speak with you.”

Dragons123.png
[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He felt her coming from a mile away. He would know Srina's force signature anywhere. As he had predicted she had found him. She had nearly called him minister. "Srina it is always a pleasure to see you." The departure must still be fresh in her mind. Rex had always wondered since the day he left if she blamed herself for him leaving. Perhaps he would ask but that could come later. She mentioned not meeting him in the hanger. "Yes well that is what happens when someone with a certain set of skills is given a stealth ship. Most people and droids don't see me till I am right on top of them."
kytzqkd1.png
Srina's face very quickly displayed Concern. If an Echani was displaying an emotion like that, then you should also be concerned or at least that was how Rex always felt about it. "Nothing is wrong Srina. I know I came a long way to find this ship, I always had a hard time of finding it when I was the minister for science. I don't wish to disturb the Vicelord today and please do tell me more about the problems, I will still attempt to alleviate the CIS where I can even if I am not counted among it's number anymore. However first I need to speak with you Srina. You are the reason I came to find this ship." He said, stopping himself he looked at the ground for a minute before continuing.
kytzqkd1.png
"I wanted to invite you to a wedding. Two of the members of my clan are getting married and I wanted you to be there with me." Rex the finished speaking and looked back at the ground again, for the first time in a while he was unsure of himself and of the answer he would receive, but as was normal for him he got to the point of it. The reason he had gone out of his way to find a ship that didn't want to be found. Because he wanted Srina to be his plus one for a mando wedding. He just hoped it wouldn't be a frivolous endeavour.

[member="Srina Talon"]

Dragons123.png

Her swan-like neck inclined graciously when the former Minister greeted her. An Echani never bowed outright, because her people bowed to no one, but she did observe a modicum of expected decorum. The way he had left, just as the Viceroyalty had been called, was most definitely still in the forefront of her thoughts. A pale laugh escaped her at his confidence. It was true that his skill-set allowed him stealthy entry to the Fortressa, but it was hardly rocket science when he’d already had full access to the systems.

No slicer could resist making a back door, and Srina, had seen [member="Rex Taff"] slice with the best of them.

“You should bear in mind Mr. Taff, that occasionally, your target may be aware of your proclivities. Perhaps it would simply be easier for them to wait for you to arrive. Especially, when close quarters is exactly where they want you.”

Ever the tactical mind. Despite her soft appearance and near delicate countenance, she was a little warrior, through and through. Unease born of the possible reason for his visit quickly drew her from a militaristic standpoint. Their frequent enemy had been dealt with but there was still fallout from Maramere to deal with. Concern, was not only the appropriate response, but the correct one. Srina was getting better at mimicking the social graces of others. Her expression smoothed quietly when he assured her that nothing was wrong. He even offered to help.

That gave her reason to pause. He wanted to help, and yet, he had abandoned his post when the literal flame of their enemy threatened to swallow them whole. “It is the same enemy that we fought before. His is presumed dead…The cost was….It was simply too high. Yet, we endure.”

Another surprising thing. Had he come to see her? Not the Vicelord? Silver eyes followed his expression when he looked at the ground, for the first time, noticing that he seemed unsure of himself. Curious. That was not the Minister that she had met on Zolan. Her head tilted, though, she did not question it. When he finally explained why he had come, the Echani found herself both relieved, and perhaps a little confused. “I am flattered…”, she trailed off, half wondering, if he thought he may also get attacked at this wedding. It would make perfect sense then. There were very few women that could pass off ethereal grace as well as she did, while staring down the barrel of a slugthrower, listening to a couple drone on about their vows. “But...Are you sure you wish for me to accompany you?”

“I have been told that my lack of humor can be off-putting. I can also unintentionally be, as my Master has informed me, what polite society calls a killjoy.”, with a grating personality to boot. Her smile changed, a little less empty, and a little less perfect. For the barest moment, she seemed to struggle with how to word her ineptitudes. They were many, despite popular belief. The Confederacy saw what it wanted to see. Not who, or what, she actually was.

“I can dance. At the very least, I would not step on your toes.”

Dragons123.png

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He watched her mind work quickly. It amazed him how quickly she came up with a scenario where he would have been allowed to enter only to be brought into close proximity to his enemy. He nodded "I have thought of using that trap a few times myself, never had a reason to use it yet." He had no doubts they would try to find his back doors into the systems. But they wouldn't be able to. He build most of the coding in these systems it would only open when he need to.
kytzqkd1.png
Rex would nod "I apologise for leaving when I did. I went to the funeral for Ginnie you know. I was surprised not to see any CIS members there since I hear she died during one of the CIS's ops. However many greater threats presented themselves. Threats which could destroy the entire galaxy and the few people left that I care for. Even if I had been there that day it is highly likely I would be among the dead. I know me and I heard what happen that day I would have been with Ginnie when she died. Facing our enemy dying in the process." He wanted to add including you. However he just left it there. He was still so unsure of himself. Combat was so much easier than this. So much easier.
kytzqkd1.png
"I am positive that I want you to join me." He had done this before with his lost lover, the one he had killed with his team under those orders. It had been easy. Then again they had known each other for years. So why was it so hard now to express what he wanted to. "I don't care if you are a killjoy I myself occasional find it hard to be completely serious." He wanted to express himself he was finding it hard to do it properly. He saw her become less prefect trying to explain all of her problems and something blossomed inside him. Zolan had given him respect for her, but that was merely the start of something. That something had finally blossomed.
kytzqkd1.png
Rex laughed becoming at ease again. Sure of what he was going to say next. "That is wonderful but I can't dance. I want you to come to this wedding because ever since Zolan, I have seen you in a different way. When I saw my death I saw all of my team including the person who I was going to marry. They are all lost to me due to my ineptitude. However one thing that was said when I saw them after I died the first time that day was that I am allowed to move on find someone else. Then I saw how you took control of the situation and you commanded my respect. Now I look at you again and I feel something more." Then he looks [member="Srina Talon"] right in the eyes and asks "So Srina Talon, apprentice of Darth Metus of the CIS, would you do me the honour of accompanying me to this Mando wedding?"

Dragons123.png

Mr. Taff seemed to take her simple deductions in stride. It was a quality that most Chiss seemed to display, thinking logically, and finding sound resolutions to all problems. A pale smile, cheerless and colorless, crossed chilly features when he mentioned turning his efforts into trap. “That has potential. As long as you know your enemy, better than they know you.”

Of course, he brought up [member="Ginnie Verd"]. He would not see the regret, not the pain, that welled beneath her breastbone at the mere mention of her name. He would not know that despite the brave and dauntless face the Vicelord wore that he, too, suffered the loss. The thought of losing family was soul-wrenching to an Echani. The circumstances of her sacrifice…It was even worse. So much worse. He apologized for his leave and a soft sigh rolled through her. His replacement was already underway out of necessity. They could not leave it open lest they fall behind other nations in technological advances. “I wish you had not.”, she murmured truthfully, seeming to grow distant, as silver eyes darkened at the memory of Maramere.

There was only so much sorrow the heart could take.

“By the time we found out about the arrangements it was already too late. Not to mention, I’m not certain, we would be entirely welcome. She died for our people. We failed her.”, Srina responded as honestly as she knew how. Her eyes closed. Guilt was a mesmerizing thing. She had never met Ginnie Verd. She had not known her. Yet, through Darth Metus, just as she suffered through his first fiery death, she know this chocolate eyed woman. She was smart, intelligent, and resourceful.

She was gone.

“The office of the Vicelord will mourn alone.”

The topic of conversation shifted and Srina was almost grateful for it. She did not like discussing things that required tact and delicacy for long. She could kill a man in a hundred different ways without breaking a sweat, but when it came to loss, the Echani felt inept. The price had been clear, mathematically. One life versus the lives of hundreds. One. It was the logical choice, the correct choice, but it didn’t make the consequences any easier to swallow. Her ghost kept returning. Over and over

Srina wished nothing more for her than life or some semblance of peace.

Though her face had smoothed of all concern, she still worried, that Mr. Taff was expecting some sort of opposition at this function. He seemed positive that he wanted her to accompany him. Why else, if not for some sort of protection, or anticipation of a problem? He went one to admit that he could not dance, and that infact, he had loved before. Srina struggled with the concept. It was foreign to her, as if he were speaking another language, in a decibel that she could not hear. “I can accompany you, Mr. Taff, if my timetable permits it.”

She paused, that being said, once again rolling his small speech over in her mind. It felt like she was missing something vital from this exchange. “The feeling that you speak of…I do not know it. I’m afraid I can’t begin to understand that which I have never known. Forgive me, my shortcomings, because I cannot say the same. That being said, if this is still what you wish, you are a good and loyal friend. I will save the date.”

Dragons123.png
[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex simply nodded. "I thank you for being able to accompany me. I am grateful that you are able to." Rex quietly died inside. She didn't have any feelings back. He would overcome it, he would throw himself into his work. But that would come later, his company would need him. "Yes, please save the date, I thank you for being able to come." He closed himself off from everything including his emotions, he became cold and calculating again. He hated this part of him but it was useful for hiding his feelings and the turmoil inside of him.
kytzqkd1.png
His features remain emotionless. He then said "I may take my leave you are a busy woman and I have taken up to much of your time. I thank you once again for agreeing to come, I believe it will be wonderful to see you there." He then got up and bowed. "Before I leave how are bella and leo, it has been a long time since I have seen them." He enjoyed making droids especially the bunny droids they had become the protects of children most of them but bella and leo were special they were the first. That meant something to him.
kytzqkd1.png
[member="Srina Talon"]

Dragons123.png
She had the distinct feeling that she had hurt him in some way. Her words, though perhaps blunt, had been honest. Silver eyes hit the floor. This was what she had been referring to, when she mentioned her lack of personality and inability to connect with others. Srina recognized when someone had been harmed. Crushed, and she resisted the urge to apologize. To explain. He asked for things that she had no idea how to give. How to comprehend. “I…”

[member="Rex Taff"] grew cold again. It seemed that the damage was done. It seemed, that all she could do, before the former Minister was fail. He had left the Confederacy just after she’d taken charge in Zolan, simply because, she could not stand idly by whilst they all suffered. Even the Vicelord had been rendered a shell of himself. The pale woman did not know what else she could have done. “You’re welcome.”, she breathed politely, feeling as if she were looking in a mirror, as his face went slack.

How many times had others felt that way around her? When she shut down? She had never noticed before but it was not enjoyable to be on the other end of it. “You do not have to leave immediately. At least, rest first. Please, Mr. Taff…Why ask of them when you may see them yourself?”

“Come. They are here.”, she murmured quietly and stood up from the chair herself. Whispers of white silk rolled across the polished floor when she moved, headed toward another one of the lounge areas that had all but been taken over by the small creations. They had boundless energy, and only seemed to stop, when she pulled out an old book that had written by a droid that hadn’t had a memory wipe in a few years.

They were like dangerous, highly intelligent, children.

“*Suilad!” [*Hello!], Srina announced her presence as she opened the door, lest one of them get handy with an eye cannon, or actually decide to figure out where the armory was on the Fortressa. “At ease…I have someone special here to see you.”

It was strange. One would think that she was more comfortable with droids than people. She stood aside and let both Bella and Leo see their maker, and they immediately dropped the glowsticks they’d been play fighting with. Both bounded over, completely ignoring the white-haired woman, in favor of their favorite blue man.

Dragons123.png

bunibar.png

“Do not move. If you do, I will hit you in the eye.”, BNI-9000, or Bella, warned her counterpart as she held him in a very precarious position with a blue glow rod pointed at his head. The red hued rabbit-droid across from her was standing very still with a glow rod of his own, only he had a starfruit balancing on his head that she was attempting to spear. “I do not wish to break your sensor.”

“I trust you, Nine.”, he responded through a speaker, considering, they had no mouths to move. It never bothered BNI-9001 in the slightest. The only being that he really needed to understand him, always did, no matter if he spoke or not. Wireless data-streaming was incredibly useful when it came to sharing knowledge and information. “You can do it.”

Okay Nine-One. Here it goes!”, she pulled back, only to freeze in mid-strike when the portal to the lounge opened, and their heads mutually swiveled toward Srina Talon. Instantly they seemed to change modes, coming to attention, that is until she announced their visitor. The sight of a familiar blue-haired scientist made both droids throw their glowrods and starfruit as they rushed forward.

Neither noticed the almost amused look on their Mistresses face as they began to bounce around the feet of [member="Rex Taff"]. “Master Taff—it is so good to see you.”, said Bella.

“Where have you been?”, demanded Leo, far less forgiving than his starry-eyed companion, little rabbit arms eventually coming to cross over his chest. It should be noted that petulance was not part of his programming. That, he figured out all on his own. “We had things to inform you. Important things.”

Secret things.”, Bella echoed, her algorithms processing joy, while Leo’s processed the ability to sulk and brood almost flawlessly. He was developing a very dry sarcasm.

bunibar.png

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex was already standing when Srina mentioned the two [member="BNI-Bella and BNI-Leo"]. He did really want to see them again. He followed her to another lounge where they were. She Said she had someone special for them he guessed he would be special especially given how special they were to him. As the door opened he saw them fighting each other. He laughed a little bit.
kytzqkd1.png
They rushed forward to him, he smiled at them. "Bella it is good to see you again too I missed you and your brightness." He would then turn to the other one "Leo it is good to see you again, I was unfortunately had to leave the CIS, I do miss you though and the way you seem too be like me with your dry wit. I don't know if or when I will return it is brilliant to see you. Important things and what would they be?" He then heard Bella say secret things. "Okay lead the way then little ones tell me you secret important things." He would then follow them wherever they decided to go to tell him.
kytzqkd1.png
[member="Srina Talon"]

bunibar.png

“I’m the bright one.”, Bella chimed back to Leo, a little bit of learned pride bleeding through her programming, and she stamped her little feet with joy. Her ears twitched when the Creator, Master Taff, spoke to the red-hued unit beside her. He seemed to sink further into himself, small arms crossing, and his singular photoreceptor refused to focus on the blue man. Stubborn. Very, very stubborn.

BNI-9001 did not find the answer that was provided very satisfactory. Why would he leave? Why would he leave Mistress Talon? Why would he leave them? Had he created them, only to abandon them, the moment they found their place? Data pooled as Leo tried to find the words to express his surliness. A small, small hand reached for him, and he looked to see his blue-hued companion touching his chassis.

It was an innocent gesture. Yet, it softened him. He was programmed to read the things that Bella did not say. For her, yes, he would make an effort to forgive the Creator. “They were very important things. Now, they are old things.”

“Data becomes obsolete quickly. It might not even be a good secret anymore.”

Regardless his off-handed griping, Bella reached up and snagged one of Rex’s pointer fingers. She moved along, tugging him with surprising strength, bringing him to a place he could sit down. It wasn’t far from the Mistress, but it was far enough, that she would not overhear. “It’s still valid. I believe.”, BNI-9000 spoke through her speaker, rather optimistic, despite the circumstances.

Bella gestured that [member="Rex Taff"] come closer and once he did she relayed the details.

“The Confederacy has a new weapon.”, she murmured, looking back and forth between Leo, and Srina, who stood at the door.

“A big one.”, Leo chimed in a little darkly, nodding his head, in total agreement.

The rabbit droid with blue sensors seemed almost hesitant to share the rest. But, surely, Master Taff would be able to handle it. “We have seen it first-hand. The Mistress…You see…She cannot cook.”

“Her muffins…”, Leo spoke rather conspiratorially, holding his hand over his speaker to mute the sound, “They have their own gravitational pull. We believe they intend to…They intend to throw muffins. At the Empire.”

Both rabbit-droids looked at Rex. Very serious. Very very serious. Seriously.

bunibar.png

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Srina Talon"], [member="BNI-Bella and BNI-Leo"]
kytzqkd1.png
Rex looked at the two, Leo was sulking. That was until Bella touched his chaiss. There was something said that Rex couldn't see that was gone between them but something clearly did. He spoke about the data becoming obsolete quickly Rex laughed. "Trust me data never becomes obsolete, you will always require it later, to improve apon it." He was then pulled over to a place he could sit down and he did so.
kytzqkd1.png
Rex then leaned in to hear what they had to say. The confederacy have a new weapon, well when don't they Rex thought although R&D had slowed down since he left. Apparently none of those he suggested wanted the job. Not that is mattered to much. Then they said Srina couldn't cook "How is that a weapon little ones besides Srina is more a fighter than a chef." Then Leo suggested they would throw them at the empire. He look as serious as he could "Little ones, never give this information to Scherezade deWinter. They would be far to dangerous in her hands. As for their gravitational pull they do have one but not large enough to affect anything bigger than a speck of an atom." He would smile at the two. "But it was a good thought."

Dragons123.png

The pale-skinned woman remained silent when the rabbit-shaped droids immediately dropped what they were doing to interact with the former Minister of Science. The simulated excitement they felt was infectious, and she remained further back, leaning against the doorframe. Slender arms crossed over her chest as she slowly began to relax. There was nothing to fear from this interaction. If anywhere in the galaxy was safe, it was the Fortressa, in all of its majestic splendor.

Her eyes averted when they pulled Rex just outside of hearing distance. Their little battle plans and secret games were not so hidden to the Echani. Often, she listened to them plot amongst themselves, watching them try to take on the horrors of the galaxy alone. Well, alone, together. It was remarkable how they seemed to adapt and learn. Occasionally, she could almost forget that they were a trick of clever programming and the illusion of life was startling.

They were inquisitive, thoughtful, concerned, and excited. Where exactly did the line between sentience begin again? Sometimes, Srina wasn’t sure.

Briefly, she thought she heard something about muffins, and her eyes rolled heavenward. Bella and Leo seemed to think that her baking skills equated to mass destruction.

Her cookies weren’t that bad were they?

The young woman turned and left the area for a moment, returning to the lounge, to prepare a couple cups of tea. The snacks were crunchy vegetables and fresh cut fruit. Some of which she speared on a stick, before rolling it in the chocolate fountain, to place on a tray. Not long later she would return to [member="Rex Taff"] and the Exterminatus rabbits. They seemed so cute.

Until they put a hole in someone large enough to see daylight though.

“Here. Sugar, Mr. Taff?”, she questioned as she set the metal carrying platter on the table next to him for easy access.

Dragons123.png

bunibar.png

“This cannot be improved upon. Our intelligence is flawless.”, the red-hued rabbit stubbornly insisted with his little arms crossed, seemingly determined, to have the last word. Leo was slowly developing a sense of obstinacy that played beautifully off of the inherent sweetness of his counterpart. She seemed soft and understanding in comparison. Whimsical, almost. “We’ve been very thorough.”

Bella looked up, a little startled when he began to repeat their secrets a little too loudly. She was concerned that the Mistress might overhear and there wouldn’t be any story time later. Their favorite holo-book was on the table, the buttons of the device well worn, from how often they ran through it. Sometimes they listened. Sometimes they sat with Mistress Talon and she read it for them. It was always the best of their day, and if missed, they both became exceedingly grumpy. “Her Royal Highness Scherezade deWinter will find out with or without us. Trust us, Master Taff. We do not know how the muffins achieve this effect.”

“We just know that they do. It might as well be an interdiction field.”

Leo was very serious. As always. He would not let the Creator dismiss their very carefully researched findings so liberally. Srina Talon was an artist with a weapon, but her true talent, lay in food-borne warfare. Master Taff had simply been away from the Confederacy too long. He had not seen what they had seen.

“They are incredibly dense. They cannot be raised from the table to be weaponized by a mere mortal.”, the blue-hued bunny droid spoke up, waving her hands to get his attention, before leaning forward secretively. “Only the worthy may lift them.”

Both rabbit droids scuttled back and made themselves appear incredibly innocent when Srina returned with something for her guest. Bella poked her head up, relieved that there were no muffins, but still looked skeptical.

Through the data stream, Bella and Leo bet their favorite glowrods whether or not Rex Taff would wind up in the medical wing if he ate anything. “Mistress—Can we show Master Taff our story?”

bunibar.png

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Srina Talon"], [member="BNI-Bella and BNI-Leo"]
kytzqkd1.png
Rex listened to the two. They actually thought they could use some of srina's cooking as a weapon. "You always are through, I remember the first time I activated you two, within seconds you had almost taking control of the facility we were in." He would say low to make sure Srina couldn't hear them. "Still not sure how you managed that." He looked at them both they were really serious about everything they had said.
kytzqkd1.png
Rex nodded "I know she will, she is going to find a lot of things in the coming days." He was still keeping an eye on her. He knew she was looking into him. He knew she was, he still couldn't figure out why, but she was.Rex then refocused on the droids again and spoke lowly again almost a whisper. "How very interesting, I may need to test them later. Could be the next big weapons project. Only the worthy. Well then I will be unable to lift them for you two are worthier than me. There are a lot of things in my life I regret doing." He had a sad smile on his face as he said so.
kytzqkd1.png
Srina would come back the droids looked as innocent as they could. Rex nearly broke into laughter at it. But he managed to compose and control himself. "Thank you very much, some sugar would be wonderful." He would take his tea and add some sugar to it. He tasted it, not the best tea he had drunk but not the worst either. The worst was that one time when his squad had done it with grass. That had been awful. This was manageable tea. He then heard word of a story. He looked at Srina "Are they allowed to, I would like to hear the stories they are being told." he would take another sip of Tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom