Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate The Impossible Hour | GA Populate of Walalla

// OUTRIDER // Defacto Senator for Euforns Major
// LOCATION // Chancellors Office, Courscant
// OBJECTIVE // SILENT AVENGER
// THEME //
Warriors

LlDDs0A.png

"Emergency medical services from te Eufornis System are en route as we speak, Mr. Chancellor. It is imperative that a the Health Committee work in tandem with local authorities lest we invite the ire of the Courscant First bloc"

A relatively dull ad unusual political group dating back to the first Alliance, the members of Courscant First had garnered a significant amount of power, though ultimately loosing it over time, they remained a thorn in the Alliance's side. Any attempt to circumvent Courscanti authority would be declared treason, and no matter what Mirana Praji Mirana Praji said, it would still be received as such.

"As for the matter of the Jedi" The words slid off his tongue naturally, his position on the matter unwavering, "The people come first, yes. But I suggest we schedule the next session for as soon as possible to address this awkward matter"

"I must agree with the honorable Senator Seth, combating these uh, Sithspawn should be a top priority for all of us. But I digress" He paused. "We cannot allow ourselves to appear weak, how would it look to those Final Dawn goons that every facet of our government is not operating? Their propaganda already is making rounds in the lower levels, spreading lies of corruption and inability"

"What better way to combat this by making a descion on the Vice Chancellor here and now, followed by an election"
He explained, "I must say we should reconsider our current method of sucession as well"

Nobody actually believed the light had abandoned them, there was no dark to shine in again. For as much of a leader as Bernard was, as much of a fighter that Dagon — and most likely this ‘Aelys’ too — were, they seemed to miss the entire point. The light always shone, the dark always hid in its shadow. The brighter the candle, the harsher the shadow. The Jedi was but one candle, the Sith but one shadow cast, but now was not the time to make this point.

“Prosperity it is.” Aeris nodded. “I will see to the archives.” Aeris said and rubbed at the back of her neck. “You know where to find me.”

This was not the time to argue, not when the wounds were still fresh.

Aeris departed for the archives, her thumb gently stroking at the disk handed to her by Allyson as the small sapling of an idea began to sprout in her mind...

C9hnAtd.jpg

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective: Deceived
Equipment: REC-EVS/01 "Sohei" - Pattern Electro-Vibrosword (Removed and Given to the Senate Guards)
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

Seto eyed the growing hostility within the room, the situation undoubtedly were the effects of the betrayal and attack. Senator Taszzn had more than just choice words for the new Chancellor, and the venom was so palpable Seto grew worried that there would be a need for a newer Chancellor in a few moments. But the angered Senator continued to list his grievances against the Senate as a whole.

A last straw so to speak had finally broken this particular Tauntaun’s back.

The tension only continued when the Director confronted the Representative of the Banking Clans and asked for him to leave the room. It was clear as day that the normal forced smiles and decency had reached its limit as the smoke of Coruscant continued to rise into the atmosphere. The situation was not improved by the snipes from the Representative but the Chancellor quickly pivoted away and attempted to cool the room with possible actions and orders.

The day is running out of hours for us and the galaxy continues to spin on without us reacting.

“It is settled then!” Seto clapped his hands together, “-the Committee of Health and Science will construct a bill for emergency response to address the current crisis on Coruscant at hand. I shall direct the Committee of Finance and Commerce to assure the Markets stabilize. . . we can’t allow the bears to enjoy themselves too much.” Seto looked around the room for a brief moment before bowing towards the Chancellor to excuse himself.

“Oh!” Seto stopped himself for a moment. “-As for the Vice Chancellorship, it is clear the majority of us believes it best to wait on that matter but for those that wish to force the issue of the appointment. Perhaps Chancellor Tithe should appoint a Jedi to that role.” Seto’s smile appeared both boyish and impish, his cerulean eyes sparkled at his suggestion. “-Maybe the Shield herself could be a perfect appointee. . . picture this; A battered, broken shield. . .now mended and being held up to defend the Alliance from the assaults of the Sith and its darkn ilk.”

“Well, I am simply in awe of such an image to present to the people of the Alliance.”
Seto explained before shrugging once, “-But, as I said, such a matter can be dealt with later. For now, the best way to show our citizens that their government is continuing to work is by us continuing to work. Seto added, bowing once more to the Senators and Director this time before heading out and back into the hallway.

|| Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Faith Organa Faith Organa | Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | IVI IVI | Veles Oshu Veles Oshu | Mirana Praji Mirana Praji | Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr | Eboi Seth Eboi Seth ||

templegif.gif

THE IMPOSSIBLE HOUR
THE GREAT ERROR vol. II
Issue #1

kwzlsmL.png

a watchful guardian
His blue blade graced the halls along with the sabers of the rest of the Jedi. Its light shone in defiance against the setting sun of Coruscant before he extinguished it and turned to leave with Aelys. It was decided, then. Now back to work. Back to the sithspawn-ridden and destroyed streets of Coruscant. But before that, one last thing had to be done. A passage of sorts between Dagon and Aelys.

"A." the raven-haired Jedi halted, "There's something I need to ask of you."

"We can't completely leave Coruscant. Especially not right now, not after the Sith did what they did to it to kill us." his eyes glanced to the side briefly before settling back on the Thyrsian.

"Before he became the Sword - before the war - Ryv served as a... protector of Coruscant. A role once in ancient times was known as a Jedi Watchman. Guardians of specific planets or systems." he explained, "When I first became a padawan most of my assignments were here, the underlevels mainly, really. That often put me side by side with Ryv. All I learned about maintaining the peace, crime fighting, investigating and all that I owe to him. Then the war came." his eyes narrowed, reminiscing memories that felt a lifetime ago, "You remember, at first we weren't reallly 'allowed' to go to the Stygian. For a brief period, at least. During that time I took up Ryv's 'cape' of watching over Coruscant... and then we also went to the front."

A sigh escaped his lips as he continued, "When we returned... I took that role again and again for a shot period of time before I left to do that on Denon." he didn't feel like giving the details on his move to Denon. It didn't matter.

"Coruscant needs a protector, a watchful guardian now more than ever. I-- I'm not certain I can split between here and Denon but what I am certain of is that there is no one else I can entrust this mantle upon than you, Aelys."​

Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Allyson Locke Allyson Locke Black Mynock Black Mynock Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor

Last edited:

templegif.gif

SHATTERED
Coruscant | Jedi Temple

Henna Sarratt Henna Sarratt

binal-scratchmore.png

You're Immortal?
Henna's near immediate dive into intimate repose was far from the reaction Inosuke had anticipated. Only someone who could see the future could accurately portend reactions to a dead man on his feet. When she touched him, it felt as if his flesh held no provenance, death or otherwise. In that moment he couldn't remember anything from his first breath to this moment that had ever been so comforting.

Then it was gone just as quickly and surely as it came. Henna was a woman of more logic than feeling, she couldn't accept this for what it was just because he kept his promise. In that way, they were more of a piece than either gave credit to. Relief became anxiety and uncertainty, two feelings that had been so absent from his mind that he could hardly recognize them. That one, simple word interrogated for an answer of a complexity far beyond what it should have had any business invoking. "I would explain if I understood."

"
An old, inherited divinity. One I thought was myth until moments ago," he continued, trying regardless. In spite of his effort to help them both make sense of things, breathing had become a laborious chore. His post-sentence inhale rattled with death-phlegm. "Henna, I cannot-" he pleaded, taking her arm for support. "I must sit."

Death was hard work.

templegif.gif

S H A T T E R E D
Inosuke Ashina Inosuke Ashina

0v7RlQs.png

Distress wrenched Henna from her emotions and thoughts once more. The force worked in mysterious ways, but if the knight had defied death itself... she chose not to pursue the path as it was offered, instead, focusing on him. She took his weight when offered, gripping him in the way of the healers, ensuring no fall would injure him more. Leading him to the bedside, left him on the edge, though lingered for a moment to aid in his comfort before she pulled the chair away from her desk to join him. Relief had formed a flood, overflowing from her eyes, but she didn't return her gaze until she had blinked the tears away. The scene was reminiscent of another, not long ago.

"How do you feel?"

The question was awkward, as if stupid, but no training nor talent had prepared her for this scenario. A man on the brink of death was natural, and there was protocol, lessons which told you what to do and about all the what-ifs. She had even prepared corpses when their soul had left it's body to join the force, but nothing said what to do when the dead returned.

"You should drink," She said, taking a glass from the nightstand and placing it between them. Her other hand floated to his knee, where pulses of light and warmth would ease whatever ailments touched him. "I can order meds, if you need them."

The small talk became clumsier. Thoughts raced, each begging for a word, yet leaving before she could hear them out. Only one was constant.

"You kept your promise. Thank you."

bWMGgIz.png
Valery: Appearance
Ship: Factory link
Tag: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Anybody
Final Chapter: Time for change
I've stood in hell
Where many had to suffer
I stared the devil in the eyes
Walked many roads
To witness ancient idols
And found the great gates of fire
From the moment she arrived, walking down the streets of Coruscant had been a painful experience. She remembered what it was like in the days of the Old Republic and while it was by no means perfect, the destruction and suffering she saw and felt here was far beyond anything she had seen in a long time. This was only made worse by the fact that she was never here to initially defend it - all she could do was serve as damage control.
This war that was tearing apart the Galaxy was brutal, much like the conflicts of the past. But unlike those ancient battles, she had not yet lived up to her oath to defend those who can't defend themselves and to defend the peace the people of Coruscant and many other worlds stood for.
It's time for change.
She knew this much, as she passed through yet another street in Coruscant's lower levels. At this point, she wasn't sure how many of these beasts she had slain, but there were so many of them. All dark and corrupted, full of bloodlust and nothing but the plasma of her lightsaber could stop them from their brutal attacks against innocent people. Luckily, she wasn't alone - an amazing group of Jedi had come together to protect the civilians to the best of their ability. Even soldiers, with Zanvic "Ironhide" Dak Zanvic "Ironhide" Dak leading some of them, had now dropped into the streets to help sweep through them.
This allowed Valery to finally catch a bit of a break - the constant fighting was incredibly demanding and while she was in the best shape of her life, she couldn't afford to get caught off-guard now. She had to be ready to stand with the Jedi on the front when that time came.
She had a feeling it would be soon.
<Transmission>
"This is Master Valery Noble - another district is secured."
She had made the same report several times now about different districts she had gone through, unsure whether or not someone would even be paying attention. Somewhere deep down, she hoped the safe areas were being mapped out, so troops and Jedi could be better allocated to 'hot zones' on the planet. But she expected that the chaos of the situation could make this difficult.
But after this final report, Valery finally made the decision to head for the Jedi temple and look for those who remained. It was time for her to join the Jedi once again, and help them both in conflict and outside of it. She hoped the New Jedi Order could be her new home and family - she needed the change.
F7r9prE.png

Tags: Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | IVI IVI | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr | Veles Oshu Veles Oshu | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau

That for the moment was that she assumed. She would draft the necessary document,
"Of course Chancellor". Faith moved away to the doors of Tithe's office. Something suddenly made her unsettled within she couldn't put a finger on it.

When there was time she would think this through again. She looked over to Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo ,
"Sir when the ships arrive have them contact my office we'll coordinate the available resources that you and Eboi Seth Eboi Seth have so generously provided."

She followed Seto to the doors pausing as he did, ahh yes the Vice Chancellor position. Surely that could wait.

She listened to the additional discussions.

Corellia - Council Building

His skull still throbbed from where he'd had his head smashed against a wall by one of the Maw brutes and the burn on his leg stung even under the cool bacta bandage. The bandage rubbed awkwardly against the pant leg of his suit. It was odd being in a civilian suit instead of his Alliance Blues but also freeing. Unfortunately, he had a feeling he wouldn't have such freedom for much longer.

The Diktat of Corellia, Yularen Nova Yularen Nova paced back and forth behind his desk. His antennae twitched furiously as he stroked the fleshy mustache-like face appendages his species was known for. It had only been a day since the attack on Coruscant but it looked as if the Quarth hadn't slept in days. His skin was a paler green than usual and the rectangular pupils of his oddly colored eyes were drawn to think lines.

"Kaito Kiyoshi," he rumbled, his voice like thunder in the distance, "I can't believe that bastard was one of them all along. We'll be ruined for this. We lost most of our goodwill when we attacked Byss." He stopped pacing and slammed a fist into the desk. It was made of a rare Mandalorian wood known as Taung War Oak and its white color clashed with the obsidian black of the rest of the office decor.

"We need a new senator, and quickly. It has to be a snap election. I'm putting my support behind you General." His voice was small, if a boulder could be miniaturized. Dracken could not keep his eyebrows from climbing clear to his hairline.

"W-What do you mean?" He stammered. He hadn't had any political experience ever. Well, that wasn't entirely true, every Admiral had to deal with politics no matter the nation and the Galactic Alliance was no different.

"You're a war hero of two conflicts with the Sith. An honorary General in the Corellian Defense Force and a friend of the Jedi to boot." Yularen rumbled, his mind already made up. "Obviously I can't force you," he said as if regretting ever letting the man exit the service of Corellia, "But we need this. Otherwise, some other fool will spring up and try to run and who knows how that would turn out." The older man's antennae quivered and he grimaced in disgust as if he already had someone in mind that he would hate to see in that position.

"You're relatively young and you have a good head on your shoulders. You'll do just fine son." He leaned on the desk, a seriousness entering his voice that surprisingly had been absent before. "I'm also asking you to take on a commission with the Defense Force again. We need every able-bodied man and veteran we can get if the Maw are brazen enough to strike at Coruscant." Dracken grimaced. He had been expecting this from the start. Despite his reluctance though, he knew it was the right thing to do. Both were the right thing to do, but did he have the courage?

kJdtUDs.png
It was dark when Dracken finally left the Council Chambers and made his way back to his apartments. The twins when he got home were running around playing with their model starfighters going "pew pew" and making explosion noises, ignoring him until he collapsed on the couch. He ruffled their hair and turned on a holo. It was that new show, he always forgot the name, but the kids liked it well enough and the hero was a hot Corellian. Sometimes he thought about Ava Cartwright-Pryce Ava Cartwright-Pryce in that uniform, but never for long. It always made him uncomfortable.

He fell asleep that night determined and clutching his world tight to his chest.

"I-"

Yula's jaw loosened, lips parting as she struggled to take in everything Aria was telling her. The hand at her shoulder was comforting though, even moreso to a Zeltron who valued connection and positive emotions.

Still, it was a confusing, sobering situation.

"I'm sorry, Jedi Master. I meant…you Jedi folk. Not me. They didn't let me back in the temple once the lockdown had happened, so I doubt I'm one of their targets." She placed a hand over her single eye, rubbing the heel of her palm into her face. "If there even are targets anymore."

She…hadn't taken the quarantine well, going so far as to hurl a smoothie at the temple guard who'd denied her access.

When she withdrew her hand, a look of surprise blossomed over her face. "You mean you didn't know about it…?" Hesitation scattered her tone, wondering just what was going it. It was possible that Aria simply hadn't received the transmission, or something else was at play. Either way, it was too complicated for the rogue to figure out now. She had to find familiar ground first.

"Thank you for your help, the both of you-" Yula nodded to Aria and Linny in turn before drifting back. "-really, thank you. But I've uh, I've got to head out now. Check on some things" She jerked a thumb behind her at the smoldering wreckage of a Hutta Burger. That helped to orient her at least, but Dagon would be disappointed at the loss of his favorite chain.

Somehow she disappeared into the rubble, making her way to one of the safehouses that still managed to stand.

--

Several weeks later, the four women who'd aided in her rescue (or who had been in the vicinity) would each receive a small package in the mail. Inside was a slicing glove and a note addressed to each recipient.

Aria Vestra Aria Vestra - Thanks for looking after me, Master Jedi.

Linny Rennis Linny Rennis - Sorry about your nose, kid.

Katarine Ryiah - You were the one who started digging first, weren't you?

Valery Noble Valery NobleSorry for the mess, Noble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom