Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Hutt Sitdown

Lorda of Nem'ro and Hutt Republic Supreme Mogul
Broka smiled a bit. Popara was a paragon of what it meant to be a Hutt. She was of the old way, yet was willing to adapt to survive. It was an honor to have her attention. However, it was somewhat worrisome if this attention came from a negative view. As long as he was hospitable to the She-Hutt, Broka thought he could find a motive for this attention on him.

As Popara spoke, she was practical in what she said. She bluntly spoke the truth, which Broka appreciated. He saw the political intrigue of the Eternal Empire first hand. It was good to hear direct talk in meetings of prominence for a change. As she continued, Broka knew she saw his intentions. Broka left out the fact that HE intended to lead the Hutts into the galactic limelight. He wanted it as a means of with the Hutt's consent. Persuasion was key, and Popara knew that as well. Broka knew that there was no point in correcting her address of him. He needed her to respect him. He also needed her to help persuade the others to respect him too.

"<Queen Popara! It is an honor to speak with a living legend of our people.>"

Broka takes a sip (a gulp in smaller creature standards) from a similarly sized cup of filled with his favorite Alderaanian style wine. A guilty pleasure for the Hutt Lord's palette. The one item of sustenance Broka did not ravenously gorge on, and instead tried to savor.

"<The envisioner of such a plan would naturally want to begin its original execution. I would certainly put myself into candidacy for it at the very least. However, they would at least consider me given my recent exploits. The Unknown Regions are ripe for profit. So many desperate people that would take anything for some prosperity.>"

"<My family's recent resurgence to power does make such persuasion difficult. However, that is where relations with my fellow Hutts, such as yourself, come to importance. There are at least three of us present here, that have woken up to the reality of recent times. I was born into this world where we Hutts were forced to watch our backs. Assassination reports were frequent, and fighting between the Hutt Clans that were trying to survive after slave rebellions and territory encroachment were the reality. You were at least fully grown during the dark age of our species.>"

Broka then took a long gulp from his cup. "<The truth of the matter is we need each other in this. Your prestige surmounts almost all the others here. An alliance of sorts between our families would prove useful for us both. I have grown adept at politics with the outsiders. If I could become influential in the Eternal Empire's intrigue across the galaxy, and come back here in good graces with them, I can assure you I would represent our species well. With me in charge of politics for our species, you can focus on what matters to you the most; your business. What I would need from you is you to at least give your public support of me going into that position. I will not ask you to embarrass yourself with public statements, but if I get your blessing to the position, others will definitely take not of that. All us younger Hutts will see your approval of me, and you will be one of, if not the most, influential Hutt among our people that was not in the position of Supreme Mogul. Imagine the pull you would have in the Hutt Assembly.>"

"<It would be good of you to know that Gortta favors the plan a bit as well. With a family like his, in addition to the combined influence of our two families, the three of us would rule the Hutts through their consent.>"

It was then that a steward came in and whispered to Broka, "The twins are here, my lord. My apologies for disturbing your meeting, my lord." Broka nodded and whispered back to them, "<Good. Send them to their quarters in my clan's wing here. Make sure they are comfortable. I will meet with them after this.>"

Broka turned back to the holo image of Popara. "<Trivial occurrences in my court. I'm sure you would understand. I did not want to bother you with such minnescule details. What do you say about this proposal? I want to work with you, not against you. If we Hutts are to unify, we need to work together. I apologize to not meeting with you in person. The next time we meet, whether it be something like this or planning the strategy of attack on the small gangs on the moon, it will have us in flesh.>"

Queen Popara Queen Popara Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy

The expression on Popara's face was one of pure leisure, she changed that to contempt, showing him spitting thick sputum from her mouth on the floor of her room. If there was anything she hated about it was politics, a good dinner and a good conversation while drinking, a gift here, a gift there, were appropriate ways for her to deal with things, not putting honey on their tongues and speaking like damn humans from Old Republic.

"You speak well and speak a lot.",
She commented calmly, swallowing the cicada hard inside, holding the smoke for a while before releasing it through her nostrils. “Well, Broka, you're going to get your endorsement… for a price, of course. A good price, made of land and business, but that's afterwards, up there, in Nar Shaddaa. ”

She remembered those days, but she had little involvement with her horrors, Popara stayed away from everything. In her little kingdom beyond the borders of Nal Hutta, returning from her loneliness after the end of these days to take advantage of the power vacuum left behind, occupying it and taking everything she can find in her path, little strength was left to challenge her. power still intact.

“These were difficult times, but they are not going to be any worse than the ones yet to go. Well, Broka, hurry up, we're done. ”

Popara hung up the conference shortly thereafter, snuggling in his chair to ponder everything that had happened and trying to see what lay ahead. That was the moment when her doors opened and a pushed cart full of food pushed by a servant, supper time had come and she had almost lost her appetite.

Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt

Popara hung up. The conversation was over anyway. Broka did talk more than he usually did. It was either he tell all the details relevant, or he sound suspicious in leaving some things out. It was a different scenario than normal. The Hutts were coming back to the forefront of galactic affairs. Broka was excited for this. It was a change for the better. The dark age for the Hutts will come to an end with the Hutts becoming even stronger than the ancient times before.

Broka left the chair, and lurched down the hall to the main room of the quarters. He had the twins summoned. When the they finally arrived, Broka was finishing a small meal. He had work to do. There was not time for endless feasting. All was changing, He needed to be on top of everything. They were ushered into the somewhat luxurious, but not incredibly grand, dining room of these quarters. A bunch of chairs for humanoids were set up with a large Hutt shaped chair at the head of the table where Broka sat.

"<It is time for work girls. I need security, and I need foresight. Use your talents to ensure no assassins or spies enter or leave these chambers. It is also necessary to pinpoint what lesser Hutt Lords favor me and those that are against me. I need to know the direction that the various Hutts are going here. I do not need information on Gortta and Popara though. I have spoken with them personally. You will be tasked with the lesser lords that hold some influence in the decision for who leads the Hutts. I intend that Hutt to be me. You do your job as instructed, and without fail, and the rewards will trickle to you and the other courtiers from my success. Understood?>"

Queen Popara Queen Popara Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy

The twins had spent their time in their own little suite not eating or exploring like one might expect, but just in quiet contemplation. They knew that they were summoned for work and not for just a tag-a-long visit, and so they needed to prepare themselves for the work that lay ahead of them.

Once summoned, the two entered with their arms wrapped around eachother's waists, bowing their heads to Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt before taking their seats at his table. Every word was adhered to and it was during his speech that Ivy was already tapping into the Force and lightly touching the minds of those near and within Broka's quarters, leaving Willow the task of speaking.
"Your Grace, there are none close by that seek to harm you. Some are....intimidated, but such intimidation is accompanied by fear and awe for the influence you wield."

Willow held out her free hand, palm up. "To use Foresight on you and for you, Your Grace, I need to touch you." Whatever part of his girth or limb he'd place at her hand, Willow held for fifteen seconds before releasing. However for her, the time slowed. Willow's eyes rolled to the back of her head as she tapped not only into the Force, but into a sort of inbetween of time and space. Spiderwebs of pathways reaching out from Broka intersected among other Hutts and it was in those intersections that Willow explored.

Everything that she saw or felt, Ivy relayed. "Your Grace, as one of your wisdom would expect, there are a few lesser Lords wanting to make power plays of their own. But they can be bribed with items of merrit and antiquities. Others such as Min'taq need to be watched ever so closely. If given the chance, he will try to discredit you. But if you persuade him to keep in line, the others would soon follow."
She paused for a moment, looking to Willow with furrowed brows before continuing. "There are outsiders from various corners of the Galaxy that will not take kindly to the Hutt's rise to power. Others will seek to try to take advantage and leave you wounded. Territories will be gained, others lost for a short time before you can retake them with brunt force. But it can be done. Patience and cunning are what will keep you on top."

Silence filled the air for a few moments while the twins relinquished their grip on the Force and instead rested their heads against eachother. Now it was up to Broka to take what he could from what they had given him.

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Kirill Bratan Kirill Bratan Queen Popara Queen Popara Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt Gortta Desilijic Tiure Gortta Desilijic Tiure

Red stood up and shook Kirill's hand. "Of course, Sir. Us supersoldiers were made to be loyal, and we like to stay that way." He told him. Red followed Kirill and listened to him as he continued to speak about his new job. "Yes, sir. I'll monitor security, and see where some areas could be improved upon." He replied. He would be very good at that. Using his investigative skills, he would be able to see and point out areas that needed improved, and figure out ways to do that.

Then, Kirill placed his arm around Red and lead him off, and Red allowed this and followed with him. "No need for the droids, sir, I brought my own," He said, patting the pit droid in the slot in his armor on his back. "But, if you insist on me taking them, I will take them." Red said. They walked off towards the armory, Red following with Kirill.

The twins reached out. Broka was at first hesitant, but this was why he got them into his operations. He let them touch his hand. It was not too invasive for the purpose of the "seeing" they do. Their report was good. It was exactly what Broka needed to know. The pair of psychics he had at his disposal would certainly help him with his plans. It was all coming together at a pace just right for him to handle.

When the finished their report on the visions Broka then responded, "<All of what you said is taken into account. Thank you. You performed your duties as instructed. I won't need you two to do such a thing for me in a little while. In the meantime, I need you to use your talents to make sure no spies or assassins come in and out of here. The reports said that you saw my soldiers coming for you when you two were found. I know you would be able to sense if any spies or assassins will be slinking around here any time soon. That will be all for now.>"

Broka then had one of the large, one person banquets he typically would have for himself now that business was over for the time being. It could have gone smoother, but it also could have been far worse too. In the end, all was going to plan.

Queen Popara Queen Popara Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Gortta Desilijic Tiure Gortta Desilijic Tiure Kirill Bratan Kirill Bratan Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

At least Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt liked what he had heard. Even their warning seemed to unphase him, which wasn't too surprising, given the longevity of his authority this far.

As he mentioned the moment in time when his soldiers found them, they held onto eachother a little firmer. The reports were true. Most often the twins did little to look into their own future. However the sounds of violence and death outside of the warehouse gave them every reason to see what was to be their newest fate. They wanted to survive and that was the quickest way to learn how.

"Yes, Your Grace. We will keep you safe."

Standing, the twins backed away from the table to let Broka continue his banquet on his own. In the meantime they entered their own suite nearby, speaking to eachother quietly. "Thank you for not telling him..."

"It's too soon. You looked too far. You didn't have to."

"I know, but I couldn't help it, Ivy. I was curious."

"It's too dangerous for that with someone like His Grace. And you know how things can change in an instant."

"Yes I know, but he's going onto the intergalactic stage with many powerful people. I wanted to see how it could turn out."

"Willow you can't. You'll only induce paranoia. So let's just keep to the near future and focus on the task given to us. Nothing more."

Willow nodded a little in resignation, resting her head against her sister's. "I'm sorry. I'll restrain myself next time."

"I know...."

Quietly the twins attended their own little banquet, all the while keeping themselves attuned to the Force and waiting for signs of danger to their employer's life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom