Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Hunter... Or The Hunted?

Bounty Hunter and Rebellion 'Sympathizer'
There are two sounds you don't want to hear when you finish a hyperspace jump, particularly if you're a Bounty Hunter, and especially when said jump was to get away from a pursuer. The first is laserfire, specifically from Ion or heavy-duty laser cannons, and the second is the boom of another ship coming out of hyperspace after you. Just one of those sounds is bad. Both of those sounds is really bad. Both sounds in quick succession could set a Hunter like Boba Fett to shaking in his Vambraces.

Lucky for D'agoriin Swyft, who fit all of those criteria, he had, in his possession, a stolen- rather, a borrowed Imperial scanner, salvaged very recently from a decommissioned Arquitens-Class Command Cruiser that the Empire had forgotten about and left to rot. It barely required any power to run, and it told him a significant amount about any craft that dared follow the Star Skater, his Starrunner-Class Transport, which he often used for his 'outings' rather than his ETA-2 Actis-Class Starfighter, not only because it was better equipped, but also because it was faster, stronger, and all-around better for raids; after all, who's going to cower away from a single ETA-2 that's not even being driven by a Force User? Anyways, by the readings on the scope, the ship was either a Kom'rk-Class or an Outlander-Class. Either, in his experience, meant Mandalorians. And either, he knew, was trouble of the highest order.

But what could a Mando want with him? As far as he knew, the Gauntlets were reserved for the Mandalorian Super Commandos, and they had no reason to hunt him, and the Outlander-Class were flown by the Enclave, who he didn't know very well. He quickly ruled out the Gauntlet as a Proton Torpedo rocketed towards him, and he only barely 'dodged' it {The rear deflectors did most of the work, but the moof milkers on Kanto Byte didn't know that}, reasoning that only a modified Kom'rk-Class would have Proton Torpedos, as the Outlander-Classes did. But what could the Enclave want with him? The answer came with a flick of the Holonet projector on his dashboard: a Bounty on his head, being broadcast on every single Dark Net channel.

Well, karabast. A bounty on a Bounty Hunter. Was that legal? Of course it was, he didn't have the protection of any Guild or other organization, so he was pretty much fair game to anyone who didn't like him, which, as far as he knew, extended to everyone except that one Geonosian on Bellassa... Syr? Oh, that didn't matter, he had a Mandalorian after him. At least he guessed he did; He didn't know of another Hunter that drove a CVT-48. Wether he would soon know or not was a bridge he'd cross if he got to it. He couldn't afford to think about it now, as he was too busy rerouting power to the rear deflectors and dodging the odd Torpedo fired at his engines. Whoever it was wanted him immobile, and would get their wish.

The third Torpedo rocketed towards his left engine, and he flew into action, routing power away from the engine and activating the thawing systems, resulting in a well-timed flame burst, only possible because of the Deflectors. He feigned trying to restart it, but the engine was 'dead'. He'd used this ploy only once before, and it worked, because he never cleaned the carbon scoring from the hull around that area of the ship. He waited, 'attempting to flee', then flipped on the comms. "A-alr-right, you got me..." He said, his voice full of simulated terror, "J-just don't hurt the ship, it's my livelihood. D-docking port's on the s-side..." He cut the comms sharply, then turned them back on, simply smoke and mirrors to solidify the effect, as if he had sweat on his hands and his finger slipped. "P-please, don't... D-don't hurt me... Board and take what you like, but leave me and my droids alone." He waited for a response, knowing full-well there were no droids on board, only himself. He waited, breath bated and purposely ragged, scared, and fast, just barely audible if the person on the other end of the line, whoever it was, was listening.

Last edited:
ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

H U N T E R

Tag: D'agoriin Swyft D'agoriin Swyft |
Equipmet: In Bio
Ship: CVT-48 Outlander-class
Objective: Capture Swyft: Alive

Tayl smirked beneath her helm as she dropped from hyperspace, Immediately spotting a Starrunner-class transport that matched the description of her target. By the look of it, He'd just dropped out of hyperspace almost the same time as herself.
This little ambush wouldn't have been possible without that tracking device her contact had placed for her.

Her ship was quickly put into attack position as she squeezed the trigger on her flight sticks, Quickly firing off a burst of las-cannon fire and a proton torpedo, Giving the target a run for his money.

Try as he may to escape, She was on his tail and wrecking his shields with quick proton torpedos that nipped as his heels.
Soon she could spot flames coming from one of the thrusters, And another wicked grin spread across her violet face.

Sure the readings weren't reading as much damage as she was seeing, But she trusted her own sight more than any machine. The abrupt comm activity only reinforced that sentiment.

And yet, There was something... Off about this interaction. For a bounty hunter, Her target seemed oddly spooked. Most bounty hunters she'd met sounded a lot more confident, And this one sounded almost... Fake.

She gives the comm link a curious glance as her ship approaches, Taking up the radio and holding it close to her vocal-modulator

::As you wish. No funny business, And both ship and cargo will remain intact, You have my word. Prepare to be boarded:: She says in an authoritative tone before setting the commlink aside, And maneuvering her ship to board the Starrunner's docking port.
Not bad for a first bounty, She thought.

In time, Both ships rocked as the Outlander-class locked it's boarding tube with the Starrunner's, Tayl's oddly short mandalorian marching down the corridor dressed in her carbon-durasteel armor, Armorweave and leather-clad Lekku subtly bouncing with each step, And her DE-50 drawn at the hip, Aimed nearest to where her target may or may or may not peek out.
Her much larger pistol however, Still lay snug and strapped down to her thigh, Awaiting trouble worthy enough of it's bite.

<"D'agoriin Swfyt,"> She calls out as she reaches the door <"By the power invested in me by the Bounty Hunter's guild, You are under arrest. Come quietly, And you'll have no further trouble">

D'agoriin closed his eyes in relief, silently letting out the breath he'd been subconsciously holding in his throat, as the Hunter on the other end of the line, a younger female by the sound of it, agreed to dock and leave his cargo intact, on the condition that he didn't try to pull anything. He grasped the comms trigger more firmly and let out the slightest sigh of relief, barely audible. "Thank the Ashla... I- Thank you, kind Hunter..." He sighed, then continued, a little more confidence in his voice. "As long as the cargo's okay... You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to acquire even one crate of- well, that's not important, I suppose. I'll be at the airlock- no funny business. I swear on my mother's life."

He shut off the Comms and stood, pulling the Durasteel 'Pauldron' from his shoulder, fastening it to his face, around his nose and mouth and pulling his bandana around it to conceal it. There were two flaws in the statements he gave that made them perfect truths: First off, his mother had been dead for over two decades now. And second, there was no funny business to be had; he had a Bounty on his head, there was nothing funny about it. This was 100% serious, no matter how you looked at it.

As D'agoriin walked down the hallway towards the double airlock, he saw the telltale red light he'd rigged with a proximity sensor to tell him when a ship had docked, and another green light he'd rigged to a smaller sensor, to tell when someone was at the door. He heard the voice at the panel, and hurried over to the panel to hit the switch. "Right, right... Just gimme a sec, these accursed doors give me the worst trouble..." He fiddled around with the controls, and slid the pair of doors open.

Then he quickly slid the second shut, discretely slipping a few carbonized steel shards into the mechanism to form convincing sparks as it did so. "Blast it all...!" Came the voice from the comms as the door sparked some more. "I swear, if this door- I'm sorry about this, Miss..." And all the time, D'agoriin, who was all this while out of sight, was looking to see who he was up against. The whole affair only lasted around seventeen seconds, but that was long enough to see that this girl, a Mandalorian as he had suspected, was not as inexperienced as she sounded. Of course she isn't, he thought, she's a Mando. Highly trained to kill from birth, and little else. He slid the door open, not daring to draw his weapons. He needed this one's trust, if only for a little while. As she entered, he said, "In the name of the Guild, eh? Doesn't the Guild Code require you to hail me and state that you've got Guild Business with me before you start blasting Proton missiles at me? I'd say that's a severe violation of Guild Code."

He didn't know wether that was true or not. He hoped that the question would throw her long enough for him to assess her weaponry more thoroughly, and to react if she pulled a gun. He readied his Durasteel Razor Disc projector in his left Vambrace, though he didn't let it on. If possible, he liked to use trickery and wordplay to discombobulate his opponents, rather than harm them. After all, everyone was somebody's relative, and losing a father, mother, cousin or child was, he knew, the worst thing besides death that can happen to a person. He wouldn't cause that kind of pain unless he needed to, no matter the cost...

H U N T E R

Equipment: In bio

Tayl impatiently tapped the carapace of her pistol with her thumb as Swyft fiddled with the door controls. The sparks were convincing, But part of her still felt that he was somehow stalling. Especially the more talkative he got. Maybe it was just anxiety, She thought. But then, Wouldn't her chip have have fixed that by now?
Doesn't the Guild Code require you to hail me and state that you've got Guild Business with me before you start blasting Proton missiles at me? I'd say that's a severe violation of Guild Code."
That line though, That one prompted a chuckle from the young Twi'lek "Well chit, Guess you'll have to take it up with the guild when we arrive" She chirped, Knowing full well that the code mentioned no such thing.

When the door finally opened, Swyft would be met with Tayl's short figure, Standing at a mere 5 feet and 3 inches, Her carbon-dustasteel armor marked in all the tell tale signs of Clan Vizsla, And a hand-printed helm with leather-clad lekku hanging from the back.
Her DE-50 pistol had already been drawn, Aimed casually from the hip, While a much larger pistol of unknown model lay secure in it's holster, A lever-action slugthrower hang magnetized to her back and a mixture of grenades lay secured to gription panels across her belt.

All in all, She was visibly armed to the teeth, And there was no telling what weapons were embedded in her armor.

She stood there for a moment, Completely motionless. Her scan-pulse quickly swept the area, Scanning for lifeforms, Droids and environmental hazards.
So far the air seemed clean, And only one lfi eform, Displayed on her HUD even through walls, had been highlighted on her visor.

<"Hm. You lied about the droids. My scanner would have found them by now"> She says, Near emotionless in her tone. Whether it be scanners or intuition, All signs pointed to the short hunter being almost unnaturally at ease.

With her scan complete, She steps into the ship, Blaster held casually but at the ready, And turns to Swyft
<"May I come in?">

The Hunter chuckled and twittered a response that could've been interpreted as belligerent at D'agoriin almost immediately as he had spoken the initial words. He was thrown for a bit of a loop by the quickness of her response. Cybernetic implants to increase processing speed, perhaps? Or just the inhuman capacity of the Mandalorian biology at work... He thought to himself, frowning inwardly. Either way, he knew he was in deeper than a Dianoga on Dagobah.

In any case, he at least had a size advantage on her, of nearly a foot. This meant next to nothing if she were anything like the Mando that killed his parents, however, but if, miraculously, she wasn't like the Mandalorians he'd met so far... Actually, she might've been a child- it wasn't impossible, after all, for this Mandalorian in particular to be a younger one. Possibly, she was sent to find him as a sort of initiation?

His eyes drifted briefly to her waist, and the gleaming Heavy Blaster Pistol in her hand, as well as the larger, primitive slugthrower in its holster, caught his eyes. Unprepared was the first word that crossed his mind, cementing her youth; only the most experienced or confident- not to mention the most deadly- Mandalorians carried nothing but pistols, and the ones they did carry were WESTAR pistols, manufactured specifically for Mandalorians, by Mandalorians. At least, the ones he knew about were like that.

Then again, there was no telling wether that was all she had. He chose to err on the side of caution, which he later believed he would regret, and assume she had no more weaponry stashed on her person. He was only concerned with whether she had a pair of ZX Miniature Flamethrowers concealed in her Vambraces, among other things, as he did.

The Mandalorian noted his untruth about the droids, and he nodded reluctantly. "Well... yes, I suppose you're right. No droids here. Sorry I lied, though there used to be droids working on this ship, before another Bounty Hunter destroyed them..." He didn't note that he had been this other Hunter; he couldn't argue with a droid's efficiency, but he couldn't stand their lack of personality, their ease of hacking, and he could never shake the feeling that they had been secretly waiting for their chance to avenge the collection of their previous owner's Bounty, by Swyft himself.

She stepped aboard his ship, asking if she could come in. D'agoriin nodded, then replied, "Y-yeah, you can come in. I gotta say, though, you're a lot shorter than I expected you to be. Which is gonna make this a whole lot easier." He jammed his thumb against his hand, and two razor-sharp discs flew out. One hit the Hunter's armor, the other hit her shoulder of the arm she was aiming her gun with, right where her pauldron met the plate of armor on her upper arm, grazing it. He dodged preemptively, spinning to avoid any gunfire, then shot another duo of discs at her knee on the same side, drawing his A-180 Blaster Pistol with his other hand. "Don't move. I've shown you that I know where to hit you, and I'll demonstrate it again if I even start to see the barrel of that Slugthrower- with your neck, perhaps. Yes, I know your kind. And I'll not be oppressed by another one of you zealots. House Vizsla, am I right?"

H U N T E R
Equipment: In bio

The atmosphere grew tense suddenly, And her target flung out his wrist suddenly. On instinct, She turned to the side while Firing, Shifting all her weight back to throw herself behind some crates or an archway, Any cover she could find.
"Don't move. I've shown you that I know where to hit you, and I'll demonstrate it again if I even start to see the barrel of that Slugthrower- with your neck, perhaps. Yes, I know your kind. And I'll not be oppressed by another one of you zealots. House Vizsla, am I right?"

She winced slightly, Pressing her back against her cover, And her hand to her wounded. One of those discs had grazed her arm a little, Cutting her just enough to give her a taste of it's edge, But it had barely made a dent. Slowed by her armor as she turned, And caught in the dense padding of her flight suit on it's way past.
It stung, But it was harmless otherwise.

<"You're bold, I'll give you that"> She says casually, That unnatural calm still looming over her every word <"So for that, I'll oblige you for now.">
<"I am Vizsla. House Vizsla of Roon. Descended from those Vizslas who stayed loyal until the very end...">
Finally a hint of melancholy hit as she shifted her position, Kneeling so that she could lean and shoot if she needed.
<"Vizsla of Roon does not give up halfway, And I'll not start now">

Her scan-pulser activates again, Highlighting little systems and other things, Including the target's location. She could see a translucent out silhouette of him through the wall, And every move he made. She had to work out a plan now, But then something came to mind.

<"You got one more thing wrong though. I'm no zealot... Just a girl trying to make her way in the universe, Same as you.">

<"Lucky for you and that being the case, I'm not here to hurt you. You come quietly now; I do my job and I get paid, Simple as that">

The tell-tale boom of a starfighter coming out of hyperspace sounded, and The Hornet appeared after entering hyperspace from the Core where he had been conducting less than favourable business shortly after he got a Bounty alert. Quickly spotting the Starrunner-class transport that was described on his own message, the proximity was close enough to fire lower-powered bolts at it.

As for his other business, which ended a parsec before the message was received, he wiped his hands clean on a spare rag nearby absently, he’ll need to wash off the mess of his recent activities in future, too late for that now.

The caveat of the contract stated quite clearly that hunters were to bring D'agoriin Swyft alive had disappointed him, but that doesn’t mean it dampened the thrill of the hunt, that is always the best part.

Diocletian was mildly disappointed to find someone had got here first. No matter, he’ll just have to take D'agoriin Swyft to the client himself, by force if necessary.

A small, yet cold smile graced his lips behind his mask as he fired a greeting shot, just to make his presence known. He wasn’t for sneaking around and never had any natural discretion unless specified by a client. He liked to make his presence felt, after all, nightmares are never subtle.

D'agoriin smiled as he saw the almost imperceivable reaction the Mandalorian had to the discs, one of which had obviously hit home. He didn't care, per se, whether the projectile had done any damage, just that he'd shown the intruder that he knew Mandalorians had weaknesses, too, and that he knew where to look to find them. She noted that he was a bold one, and said that was the only reason she'd give credence to his actions. He nodded, pulling his arm back to his side while never letting the barrel leave its target. He liked this better, anyway; holding out his holdout blaster was tiring for long periods of time, and he was more accurate with his hip-fire anyway.

She also confirmed that she was, in fact, Vizsla, but a different house than he'd ever heard: Vizsla of Roon, implying that she and her House never left a job half-finished, and wouldn't start now. D'agoriin, however, was still hung up on something. "...Roon? There's a House Vizsla on Roon, in the cloak of the Sith? I've been there a few times, but I've never seen any Mandos there." Roon was a diverse planet, that was for sure... So if this House had remained unseen on Roon for so long... she could be just about anything. Duros, Kobok, Twi'lek...

Twi'lek...

And that's when he finally realized that this girl had what could be discerned as twin tendrils, albeit covered up, sticking from her helmet. How did he not notice that before? She noted that she wasn't a zealot, either, but he barely heard it, and he missed the next thing she said completely. He looked her in the eyes and asked, "I- Are you a-"

He never finished, of course, as he was interrupted by the screaming of the scanner he'd forgotten to turn off in the cockpit down the hall. He spun around, sheathing his pistol, knowing all too well the sound that the mechanical screaming meant. "Dank farrik, another ship-" His statement was confirmed by another mechanical shriek, this time from the shield systems, as laserfire lit up the reinforced window nearby. D'agoriin stumbled, then fell, scrambling to get to the cockpit. He hit a few buttons to pull up a brief scan of the ship.

Te scan told him it was either an IG-2000, or a Porax-38, and he knew the first was impossible, as only one of those existed, and there was NO way he was going to believe IG-88 would actively pursue a Hunter of his own caliber, given his perfect record against IG units. He called back to the Hunter he was already dealing with, his voice suddenly the picture of a mix of calm and panic. "Alright, Miss, I know you're here to bring me in, but you're gonna have to help me escape first. There's a Porax-38 out there, and I'd rather take my chances with a non-zealot than I would that thing's driver, no offense." He slid fully into the rotating, one-person control pod he'd had installed in his Starrunner after he'd found that it took more than one person to safely {With seatbelts} drive. He flicked on the comms and booted up the rotating Ion Turret on his ship.

"Attention, Porax-38. You're entering restricted airspace. Believe me, I should know; I've flown here many times before. I'm already dealing with a damaged shield and another Hunter, so if you could kindly shove off, that'd be great. Otherwise, I've got a semi-targeting Ion Cannon here that I'm not afraid to use. It could stun your ship- or tear it to pieces. I haven't tested it since I got it tuned up. Actually, you'd be doing me a favor, letting me test the thing out, so I'm tempted to let you stay for now." He paused, pulling out his pistol again and pointing it down the hall for good measure.

H U N T E R (?)
Tag: D'agoriin Swyft D'agoriin Swyft | Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a |
Tayl, Who was still behind cover at the time, Was awfully confused by the target's reaction. If he truly had been to Roon, The Enclave's home world, Than surely he would have seen mandalorians there. He'd either avoided the Enclave's half of the globe well or he was lying through his teeth, And either thought would raise questions in her mind.

Then her ear-cones picked up on his equally confused tone as he began to ask her a question, But was cut off mid sentence.
The sound of a warning shot outside draws her attention upward, The young Vizsla looking all around. Not quite in a panic, Her chip wouldn't allow that, But certainly in surprise.

That was when her target bolted further into the ship, Checking on an array of scanners that brought troubling news; That was a Rogue-Class. The Parox-38.

<"Impossible, That's a clone wars ship! It's over 8-centuries old!"> She exclaimed, Her mother having told her all about the old clone war relics she used to collect. But on a bitter note compared to her amazement at it's functional state, Was the Parox-38's fire superiority over this ailing transport.
<"Another hunter! Don't do anything, I'm hailing them~">

::This is Tayl Vizsla of the Bounty Hunter's guild,:: She began hailing Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a from her helm's internal commlink :: Cease fire! I am aboard the Starrunner and taking in the bounty, How copy?::

"Attention, Porax-38.
She glances up suddenly, Knowing full well that things had just gone from bad to worse.
so if you could kindly shove off, that'd be great. Otherwise, I've got a semi-targeting Ion Cannon here that I'm not afraid to use
<"Nononnonono!"> She shuffles out of cover, Blaster pointed to the ground now as she marched onward to the cockpit.
<"Are you trying to get us both killed?"> She spat

Then she jabbed her finger towards somewhere vaguely away from the turret, Barking like she was disciplining a misbehaving pet
<"Get down from there! I'll send them my guild ID code and we'll be fine! But not if you get us blown to pieces like an idiot!">

The small smile soon turned into a predatory grin and Diocletian flicked on his own comm to respond to D'agoriin Swyft. It is always more interesting when they resist.

::You know why I am here.:: He responded coldly. Unfazed by the situation at hand. ::To bring you in alive and get paid, nothing more nothing less.::

If it escalated into a gunfight then so be it, an inconvenience he was willing to adapt to. This Bounty is his and he will not let it get away no matter what. He carefully recalibrated the heavy blaster cannons back to their stronger settings, while holding back on firing at least for now but will return fire if necessary. There is always the option of actually get on board the other ship and conduct business in person.

Both options sound good. He has not able to properly account for the second Hunter. Soon her voice crackled over the comm.

Both his eyebrows shot up in mild surprise, a Vizsla? Suddenly things have changed, now he realised his rival for the Bounty is a Mandalorian. Should he be concerned, maybe? But complied with standing down at least for now.

::Copy that, however, I am also here to collect the same Bounty and will fight you for him.:: The icy tone never leaving his voice.

Last edited:
D'agoriin hadn't heard what the Vizsla had said about hailing the fighter; he was busy looking down the hall from the cockpit in amazement, having heard, instead, the Hunter's comment concerning the Clone Wars as she walked towards him. "Uh... Girlie, I was born into the Clone Wars, and it's because of them that a Mando under the leadership of the terrorist group known as Crimson Dawn killed my parents, so either you've got faulty information, or I was born 800 years ago. And, in case you didn't notice, I'm not close to 800 years old, so..."

He turned back to the comms as the Hunter responded coldly. "Yeah, you bet I know why you're- wait, alive? Really? Flying the same model as the Xanadu Blood, and you're trying to take me in alive?" He slumped back in his chair, trying to make sense of it all. He quickly scrolled back to his Bounty. It was anonymous, but whoever it was seemed to know him intimately. He hadn't noticed until now, but the Bounty itself specifically said 'Alive Only'. He sighed, then slumped back in his chair again.

"they want me alive... Why do they want me alive? I've angered just about every space-gang I can think of, swindled every Crime Boss, stolen from everyone but the Republic and the alliance to restore it... And whoever it is wants me alive. Why? I actually can't think of a reason why they want me alive, or I'd collect my OWN Bounty. Maybe I will..." He sat up, seeming to actually consider this avenue, then shook his head, grabbing the comms again, simultaneously powering down the Ion Cannon.

"Porax-38... You are clear to dock. I'll put up no resistance on my end, and that's a promise." He turned to Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla and said, "I'm sorry about earlier, I was a bit stressed. But if one of you is going to take be, it's going to be because you can beat the other in combat. I may be a Bounty Hunter who believes he can talk his way out of most situations, but I also value honor, as I believe you 'true' Vizslas do, as well."

He took off his Vambraces, holistered his A-180, and held out his hand to her, clearly attempting to seem friendly after what he'd done to her before. "D'agoriin Swyft's the name, if you didn't already know. Again, sorry about all the deception earlier. It's just- well, as you probably guessed, I have a bad and terribly complicated history with Mandalorians. You, on the other hand- you seem alright so far. So alright that I regret that I shot those Razor Discs at you."

H U N T E D
Tag:
::Copy that, however, I am also here to collect the same Bounty and will fight you for him::

::Copy. that:: Tayl scowled, Cutting the transmission immediately after. He was breaking guild code, Which meant he was no longer protected by it either. If he wanted a fight, He would have one! But not until she set herself up to win...

She ignored Swyft's retort regarding his age and the very real timeline she currently lived in, Assuming his head to be addled by death sticks or worse.
What she did not ignore however, Was his sudden change in tune. Swyft even went so far as to offer a handshake, Prompting the young mandalorian to cock her head to the side, Glancing at the man's hand and then up at him.

(OOC: The following was done with the writer's consent)

<"I'd be honored by the trust you're putting in me~">
She grasps his hand, And with lightning speed, She turned her pistol on him and shot a stun-beam right into his leg, Knocking him out in nearly an instant.
<"But I don't trust you">
With no time to lose, She holsters her blaster and picks him up beneath the arms, Quickly dragging him away and into her ship.

The boarding tube closes behind her as she drags Swyft to a passenger chair, Buckling him in before rushing to the cockpit and punching in the throttle.
Before long, The Outlander-class switched from attack position to flight position, Making use of it's Extreme speed and flinging them through space.
Already Tayl was flicking various switches, Depowering her weapons and boosting the power to her shields, Ordinance jammer, Stealth shroud and other countermeassures.
With luck, They might even be relatively stable whenever Swyft came to.

Diocletian, blinks, sighs in frustration and then begins to drum his fingers on the control panel of his starfighter in an equal amount of annoyance, this is frustrating, he saw a ship fly off and it was not being picked up by the built-in scanners. Grumbling expletives under his breath he fiddles with the scanners to try and pick up the trail. Doesn't seem to be anything even remotely viable to trace. Removing his helmet to pinch the skin between his eyes in even more irritation. Setbacks are common in this profession.

Preparations are now being made to fly towards the last direction the other ship took off to, that will be a start. The sky zipped into motion as he left the area, leaving him with his own thoughts. So it's not a cut and closed or easy assignment, no matter it's the trickier hunts are the most fun and now he is competing with a Mandalorian, not just that a Vizsla of all people.

The hunt was on and Diocletian always follows his prey.

D'agoriin should have expected what the Vizsla girl did to him before it even happened. He should've expected she'd resort to stunning him instead of agreeing to fight for him, though he couldn't have expected her to see his durasteel chestplate and shoot him in the leg with a stun bolt instead of the body, where it was more effective, if not more dangerous to the individual being stunned.

All he knew was that one moment, he heard her say that she didn't trust him the way he put trust in her, and the next he was soaring through space, being woken up with a pounding headache by the screaming thrusters of the Vizsla's Outlander-Class Fighter. He blinked rapidly, groaning and saying, "Welp, can't say I expected more. You could've at least taken my other Vambrace wi-" He looked on the floor, seeing the cylindrical Durasteel brace, and gave a strange sound somewhere between a sharp shout of joy and a chirp of surprise as he picked it up.

"Oh. You did take it with us. Happy day." He slipped the device on and continued, "Oh, don't worry, I've got no intentions of using it on you, anymore. Did I tell you that I returned the armor of the Mando that killed my parents to the nearest Covert and they tried to kill me? Yeah, I don't blame me for my perception of yo- of them. I'm beginning to realize you're more different than I thought..." He shook his head, blinking his eyes rapidly. "Twin Suns of Tattooine, what do they PUT in those stun-bolts? I feel like I've been hit by my own Starrunner. And the ship's weaving isn't doing it any good, eithe-"

He sat bolt upright. He looked back out the ship's window at the Starrunner, then back at the pilot. "Oh, that was smart. You could've at least hijacked my ship. You can't argue with a Class-2 Hyperdrive, Vizsla. Besides, I know a dozen well-timed hyperspace skips out of this very airspace without even thinking. You can even cycle between the Class-2 and the Class-12 to keep from overheating either, to throw off pursuers. Like I said, I prefer running, but I do prefer running smart to just running. At least tell me there's a turret in this thing?" He stopped speaking, knowing he had a tendency to ramble when it came to these things, and he preferred not to, since he didn't want to say something he'd regret. Of course, he also wanted to give the Vizsla a chance to respond.

{ Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla I couldn't fit it in naturally, so here we are}

Last edited:

H U N T E D

Tag: D'agoriin Swyft D'agoriin Swyft | Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a |
Twin Suns of Tattooine, what do they PUT in those stun-bolts?

<"I dunno, But I wish they'd make 'em stronger!"> She groans, Still flicking through various switches for the moment.
Judging by her scanners, It looked as if they'd gotten a clear head start on the P-38.

<"I'm sorry, But your ship isn't gonna help us. This is an Outlander-class, Mandalorian made. I'm talking 0.8 rated hyperdrive, A proper sensory jamming array and faster flight positioning than any lumbering transport will ever have">

She suddenly makes a turn, Deciding that they'd be easier to find if they kept to the same course as the P-38 saw when they left. The entire ship lurches suddenly with a sharp, Fast turn to illustrate her point.

<"She's got a route astrogation bypass on her too, So we can adjust our route without even dropping from hypserpace">

Seeing no obstacles in her path that she needed to be wary of, She relaxes her shoulders and rotates her custom pilot's seat to face Swfyt.
<"Look, I'm sorry for stunning you. But I knew you weren't going to part ways with that transport otherwise. I'm not taking more chances today. That stun bolt~"> She points to his leg <"And my ship, Are the reasons you're alive right now">

<"Not to mention your's truly...">

(00C sorry couldn't think of anything to write))

He was finally able to get a bearing of the other ship's location, it just took a while. A little too long, Diocletian added dryly. He shouldn't be surprised, after all, Mandalorians are cunning. Something the Ubese tended to forget on one or two occasions, this was also one such occasion. Very remiss.

"There you are." He says speeding up the idling Starfighter towards their general direction, he also began to form a plan of engagement when and if he caught up with them. Wondering how will he get D'agoriin Swyft into the Hornet when and if he captures him.

He just scowls.

D'agoriin stared at the Zizsla he considered his kidnapper as she described the ship he was being held captive in. He nodded, then retorted, "Well, that 'lumbering transport' has better shields than this thing could ever have. Ever heard of an I-Class Star Destroyer? Well, my shields so happen to be magnetized. That is to say, Ion Cannons, like the 60 batteries mounted on an I-Class, have no effect on them, and that ship has tanked multiple, consecutive hits from those destroyers because of it."

He looked around, then continued. "That in addition to the fact that this thing does not, on further inspection, possess any sort of omni-turret. Not surprising, knowing this thing was Mandalorian-made. Supposedly, your sort are big on honor, though I've never met an honest Mando before I met you." He turned back to the front, sighing heavily and holding his head, the after-effects of the stun-bolt beginning to wear off.

"Eh, maybe I'm just being pessimistic. Maybe you upgraded the shields on this thing. Maybe you're a better pilot than this guy that's apparently trying to kill us, given his flight patterns. And maybe we can make it to a nearby planet. I think Quell's nearby, though I'd prefer not to go there if possible... Not sure whether Stygeon Prime is closer or not, but that may be our best bet to escape this guy. Your call, Cap'n, but I prefer the bone-chilling cold of the Spire to the Nightsisters, even if they're no longer there."

He sat back, taking his DC-15A Carbine Rifle from his back {He was initially startled to find it, as he had expected Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla to confiscate it when she took him} and began polishing it with his bandana after replacing his Durasteel facial covering. He noticed the serial code, and the date that was engraved in the rifle's outer plating, noting the date the gun was manufactured. If this was, in fact, 800 years after the Clone Wars had begun {Putting the various impossibilities with his date of birth and whatnot aside}, how did he get the thing to begin with? Surely, this wasn't an 800 year old gun, was it? The condition was near-factory, and he was certain that BlasTech would've gone out of business after 800 years...

He decided to check something, on a whim. He logged onto the Holonet, then sliced his way onto the Dark Net as he often did. He navigated his way onto the old Republic database, where all the records of the Republic that were saved by various senators doing their part to preserve the Republic's integrity any way they could. Among this data were birth and death records. He searched his own name, initially with no luck. he expanded the search to various other databases, and got a hit, one he'd preferred not to have gotten.

The birth date was right, but apparently, he was dead. rather, he was assumed dead, three years before what he thought was today's date. And that date was around 800 years ago. He closed the page, bewildered. Dead? How? He could've sworn he was born at that time, but by now, he couldn't be certain of anything. He began racking his brain as to how this was possible, staying silent for quite some time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom