Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hunt Has Just Begun

In Umbris Potestas Est
Vitor was a man who had been given a great deal of power. He controlled one of the largest companies in the galaxy, one that dealt with exotic weapons technology almost exclusively with the Republic(exclusively with those he considered morally righteous). This made him a man with a very particular type of enemy, one who, with enough research into his somewhat vague background, could potentially discern weakness within him.

Of course, he didn't know this. He was happy eating the sandwich he just made.

[member="Lady Lussuria"]

Lussuria had managed to trick her way into a meeting with [member="Vitor Imperieuse"] Through use of contacts, favors, and more than a few acts of mental domination. She appeared now at his secretarie's desk, asking to be let into the conference room. She was dressed in, for the first time in forever it seemed, modest clothing. A sharp buisiness blouse and jacket, with a knee length skirt and short heels. Those who looked upon her would be filled with the simple instinct, the woman looked WRONG wearing more clothes, the same way it would have been wrong for a priest to run about in a thong or a nun to have a side job as a stripper

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Lady Lussuria"]

Vitor rarely went to his office at Sluis Van, but today he was there, a smile on his face as he read over new negotiations for a piece of exotic Force-based technology. The device in question seemed to be simple enough - a sort of modification designed to fit in a blaster or slugthrower weapon. Yet what it did was quite revolutionary.

As is, he had a caller. Soon the doors would open, and she would be there - he would be waiting to meet her with a smile. "Ah. Nice to meet you, Miss."

"Savak, Andrea Savak" Lussuria lied flawlessly, presenting [member="Vitor Imperieuse"] With a charming smile. "I had your secretary schedule a meeting for us, I represent Val-Tiras Industries, and we have a proposition for you" The lady of the sith said as she took a seat across from Vitor at the large table, setting her suitcase next to her

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Lady Lussuria"]

"Very well then. Do tell. I'm quite intrigued, to say the least." Business relationships between countries were always quite enjoyable to Vitor, if only because it allowed his corporation to further expand into new and untested markets. As is, he felt quite calm and relaxed - a good thing, all things considered. "What sort of business proposition do you have, if I might inquire?"

Such seemed like a nice option after all.

"We believe that through our further cooperation our two companies would be capable of Producing the so called 'Diamond' Hyperdrive. The theory as you're no doubt aware has existed for many many years but we believe that with your help we could make it a reality. I of course don't need to tell you how lucrative such a discovery would be, not only finally but also for the prestige of both our companies" Lussuria had planned this out slighty. Bait the man with the chance to slap his name on the fastest hypderdrive known to man, then lure him in

[member="Vitor Imperieuse"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"You'll have to elaborate somewhat - I have no knowledge of the theorem of a 'diamond hyperdrive.' The highest quality ones I've run across are 0.5, and that's that." He brought a hand to his chin, elbow resting on the table as he pondered over the future ramifications of how things would proceed onwards.

"As is... If you can't provide me with intricate enough details relating to the diamond hyperdrive, I reluctantly must decline your proposal." As is, he had the computer searching for any mention of the aforementioned company.

[member="Lady Lussuria"]

The sith had spared no expense creating an elaborate background for the fake company, including devoiting a few agents from Intellegience to represent various company officials if contacted. "It's only theoretical now of course, but if we make it a reality, it would be a hyperdrive able to run at 0.4 , as you know this is unprecedented " [member="Vitor Imperieuse"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Lady Lussuria"]

"Indeed it is - with the exception of hyperdrives at 0.25 having already successfully been tested and produced on a limited scale." At least, if such could be believed from the reports he had received. It was almost an excuse for him to see if one could be designed itself - though for that, it would make more sense to travel down to the basement laboratories and examine things. "So, what other information can you provide me? I'm going to need something a bit more tantalizing than simply that, sorry."

Gotta love games, certainly.

"As it stands, our company has exclusive access to the unique materials required for the prototype, however we lack the dedicated facilities to produce this hyperdrive on a grand scale, or enough to reliably test several at once. Which is where you would come in. Your corporation could supply the necessary production lines and technical experts to mass produce the diamond drive"

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Perhaps, but again, if we're capable of producing a hyperdrive with a Class 0.25 rating, why would we need to do this deal with you? You're offering me technology that could end up being obsolete before it even gets produced. I need more."

Not in that way, though.

[member="Lady Lussuria"]

"If you've kept up with galactic events you're more than well aware there is no computers capable of safely being tied to a hyperdrive of the 0.25 Rating. Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying to you. The 0.4 However is well within the realm of possibility, merely lacking in execution so far "

In Umbris Potestas Est
"None currently on the market, no, but there are far more advanced pieces of technology on the cusp of production than expected. This, I can assure you - though I would highly recommend trying to sweeten this deal through one means or another." After all, the more he could get for Emeritus, the better.

Then again, there was such a thing as too much.

[member="Lady Lussuria"]

"Now that...can be negotiated" She murmured, undoing the top button of her blouse. If he wanted physical things in exchange for his help, she was willing to oblige. She would most like forget this one in the morning anyway "Would you like to bang out..the specifics?"

In Umbris Potestas Est
"I prefer discussion, myself." He pondered, not noticing the minor unbuttoning. "Give me a moment, please, and I will go and check the room temperature." He took a step up, then walked over to the console at the far end of the room. "Everything seems to be fine. You alright medically?"

The last thing he needed was someone getting sick.

[member="Lady Lussuria"]

"I am fine, and thank you for worrying about me" She sat on the edge of the table, crossing one leg over the other "Now, we were speaking about sweetening the deal? As it were" She fixed him with her most radiant smile

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Lady Lussuria"]

"Well, be more specific to me. What sort of sweeteners can you offer to make the deal more palatable?" After all, she had yet to really state what sort of additional compensation she was suggesting. Unil she did so, he could make no comment whatsoever. That was merely how things worked business-wise in his mind.

Soon he would see what was on her mind.

"Well we can of course offer you a percentage of royalties from the hyperdrive's sales, aswell as naming rights...among other things" She unbuttoned another button on her blouse, leaning forward to give [member="Vitor Imperieuse"] a better look

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Lady Lussuria"]

"And what would these other things be?" By this point he was being deliberately oblivious. He had an idea as to what they meant, but wanted to gain the advantage by hearing her tell him what precisely it was that she was referring to. "You've got to be fully clear with me - nothing will leave this office, I assure you."

True, either way.

"Well theres a reason I'm the one that comes to negotiate. I can be negotiated for, atleast for a night" She said, goodbye went another blouse button, her bra now visible "So what do you say? Sound tempting yet?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom