Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Hermit

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Mm. Not too sure. That's how I started making friends, really. Just went up to ask if they wanted to be." After he'd been edged on by someone who'd refused to not be his friend even in his most distrustful time. Still, he chuckled. Part of it all was going to be her figuring it out on her own. That was parts of the lessons in general. It wouldn't truly help her if he explained every part of it.

"We can go somewhere else. Do it again, feel out and see where the doors take you."

Marigold Marigold

"Urgh, of course." Marigold rolled her eyes, perhaps she would find out herself, until then? She'd have to settle with being frustrated all the time, well, nothing changed so much, really.

She did feel at little bit at ease, knowing there was someone by her side, even if she was terrible at showing it. Same with Valery, albeit to a greater extent.. Taking a deep sigh, the young padawan stood up and stretched. "Alright, let's get going then." She starts going through the doors, again, focused.

To a normal onlooker, there was no pattern in her actions, she moved from door to door, left, right, backtracking, turning right, circling... Stopping in one place for a few moments of respite, only to continue again, she visited rooms specifically with nearly no plants or much life, whether some fauna was lost to history, or simply, destruction wrecked havoc and wiped them out, those are the ones she would stop in, and gaze at the works, pensive, walking about and around.

Eventually, though, she started moving towards doors full of greenery and wonders, much like a curious child exploring new worlds, without visiting them. She takes a pause, to gaze in awe at the flora of Naboo, a hand moves to tug on her cloak, while absent-minded comment is made. "Life is beautiful when there's no grandeur complications involved." She'd say to no one in particular, watching with childish curiosity, her eyes briefly, but twinkling with glint of life and joy, what little there was to be had.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

It took time, but she was getting it. Little by little. The more she had these experiences, the better she'd get at learning how to feel and trust the Force. Grant it, trusting the Force was it's own ball house of stress for her. Not with her past at least. He walked alongside her, chuckling as he nodded in agreement. "It is. There's nothing better than simple, no matter what people might say." He reached out towards one of the flowers, touching it gently.

"It's calm here, isn't it?"

Marigold Marigold

It wasn't that Marigold didn't trust the Force, not entirely at least, she was just starting to comprehend the Force as a concept, and as someone with little to no education at all, it confused her, a lot. Thankfully, when calm, she could relax and let it pilot her body, when it came to anything more than that- she'd obviously face a great deal of struggle.

"It is. It's a shame we are born into lives where things are not as simple as being a flower in the garden, amidst the field, oblivious to the vastness of the galaxy." It felt, like a whole other person was talking, or, perhaps it was simply other side of Marigold, a lot less hotheaded, introspective and melancholic, not hiding behind mask of constant agressiveness, joking, and sarcasm. That overwhelming sense of loneliness and melancholy created visible ripples in the Force, to someone with astute senses, easily marking the change in demeanor. "I wonder if a flower in empty field, knows that the field is empty, if it does, does it care? Or does the flower simply keep on trying to bloom..."

"And if it blooms, will it be sad, if there's nobody to see its beauty?"
She mused, a hand brought up to her chin, as she pensively watched the flora.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil listened rather calmly as Marigold spoke, kept his eyes on the flowers around him. It was deeply philosophical, which was a welcome surprise from the usual snarky girl Marigold showed herself to be. He didn't say much, just reached down to ruffle her hood. "Flowers don't bloom so someone can see it. They bloom for themselves."

Marigold Marigold

"But what is the purpose of blooming? Can they feel their own beauty, see it? What do they gain from it, if not simply moving onto next stage of their life, is to live for the sake of living, really a purpose worth existing for? Would a flower be the same if it could see beyond the stone-paved garden path, leading into grassy plains, thick forests, gargantuan cities..."

Marigold shook her head. "If a flower knows all of it, but chooses not to care, then doesn't that make them ignorant, selfish? If they do not know the world around them, and keep going as they do, are they still in the wrong. Or, simply misguided? Perhaps, it might even be the right path they're meant to take?"

One could imagine she was likely drawing multiple metaphors, talking about her own problems and issues was a big struggle, especially to someone she only recently met. But talking about issues of a lone flower was easier than to open up, at least, until she gets to know her master better.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I think, for the time being, the flower should focus on finding their roots before they worry about blooming." There were countless problems Marigold still had to face for herself, Kahlil could see that much. It was obvious to them both that the metaphors were just talking Marigold and her own doubt. "There's only so much that can be handled at once. One thing at a time. The flower will bloom when they're ready."

Marigold Marigold

Marigold pauses, tilting her head while looking at a single flower, red petals with yellow pollen center. "Maybe you're right." She concedes, sighing. "...though, i wonder if the flower will find where their roots are." She lowers her head, looking at the surroundings of the flower, lush green, full of different flora.

"Man, I'm starting to sound like you, ain't that scary?" The young padawan looked back at Kahlil, snapping into her usual demeanor, and smirked. "Known you for less than a week and you're already rubbing off me."

Marigold chuckled at Kahlil's comment, though, when the toic of clothing was brought up, she got defensive. "Hey, do I get to... You know, keep my hood? Please?" She tightly held it together, bringing her hood up. "It's special." Though, still, she was ready to follow him.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I don't see why you couldn't keep the hood."

Kahlil raised a brow. He wasn't going to tell her not to keep something that clearly had sentimental value. Why and such they'd probably talk about another time. But for now, Jedi robes. "We'll just get you the basics, alright?"

Marigold Marigold

"I was just asking." Marigold doubled down on defensive, pouting. "Right, the basics... I'm used to wearing nomadic robes, suppose it isn't too different." She commented, the young padawan seen quite a few Jedi ever since she was brought to the temple, so she could put two and two together to assume what kind of attire the Jedi usually wore.

"Well then, what are we waitin' for?" Impatient as ever, she took a few steps foward, only to realize that, well. She didn't really know where she was going, this place was too grand and big for someone who've only seen the slums and cramped up underworld. Stopping in her tracks about as fast as she started, Marigold awkwardly stared at her master. "...Uh, yeah, lead the way... I suppose."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"This way, don't worry."

There was only one place to actually go to get outfitted for a proper robe. Given Marigold's past, the basic kind a lot of Padawan's wore wasn't going to be enough. Armored, most likely. At least with an inlay. Not that he'd tell her that part. Violence wasn't going to be part of her life for as long as he could help it, at least until she found a life without it.

So down the hall they went to the outfitter. He paused outside the door, looking to the door before glancing to her.

"Go on, then. They'll get you measured up so they can make you a couple sets. You'll have to maintain them yourself, though. So I hope you know how to at least clean your own clothes, mm?"

Marigold Marigold

Marigold followed Kahlil, listening to him as he spoke. Looking at the door, and then at her Master.

"I know how to clean my own clothes, thank you very much." Her last few words were spoken with audible venom in her tone. The young padawan took a deep sigh. "This shouldn't take too long..." She mumbles, and enters through the door, taking off her hood after a small moment of hesitation, once again revealing her unkept hair and scarred face, and yet, that same face was still full of youth, a childhood unlived. "...I'm here for the clothes, do it fast." Another pause, her hostility lessens after another bout of hesitation, and she awkwardly mumbles. "Please."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That is what Master Noble said."

A kind, old looking woman sat in the room, surrounded by various clothes, threads, and material for crafting the various tunics many Jedi used. Kahlil of course had a hand in ensuring she had everything she needed to outfit the Jedi in proper clothing. The usual drabby robes of the Republic prior to the Empire weren't the type Kahlil wanted the NJO to wear.

They were Jedi, and they should look the part.

The old woman raised a hand, motioning for Marigold to step over. "We'll get your measurements. Is there a type of fabric you like more than others? You're welcome to feel around if you're unsure."

Marigold Marigold

"Of course he would." Marigold takes a deep sigh, though oddly lacking in frustration. The young padawan however does not hesitate in her choice of fabric. "Oh, wool. Wool would be perfect actually." A hint of a smile appears on her face, even if subtle. "That's the type of fabric I'm used to when I do my own tailoring. It is comfy." She chuckles, weirdly enough. That venom she had in her tone of voice when speaking with Kahlil was gone, replaced by distant feeling of warmth and familiarity.

What little she could feel, in a place full of unfamiliar people and concepts.

"Why do we have to wear robes anyway? Wouldn't armor be better and more practical?" She'd inquire, while waiting for the measurements to be taken.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh there will be armor, eventually." The older woman spoke softly as she went about taking the required measurements. Wool it would be, once they got to actually making the robes anyway. "But do you really want to travel through the temple in full armor all the time? I suppose that would depend on your culture, but Jedi often only wear robes as it is a sign of who we are, even without the lightsaber."

Marigold Marigold

"I'm used to wearing my armor for a good part of the day, never know if someone is ready to shoot you in the back." Marigold spoke, crossing her hands. "Well, those two? Kahlil and Valery? Need no armor I guess, should have seen what they pulled off." Marigold gestured with her hands, and like an excited child, explained to the old woman. "Kahlil could make walls of ice out of nowhere, he also pulled and pushed people! And Valery just jumped across several story high buildings in one leap." She'd explain, with a happy tone. "So they got that going for them."

Her expression sours slightly, as she looks down. "I can barely navigate with the use of the force, and I can barely lift anything." Marigold paused. "I'll be a bother for the both of them." She'd muse, retrospective of what happened so far. It was easier to talk about it to someone who wasn't Kahlil and Valery, strangely enough. Marigold had a hard time opening up in front of them both, and in general too, what little talk she had with Kahlil, perhaps. Was leagues above what she would usually talk about.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Master Kahlil does have armor, mind you. His robes are made specifically for that. As strong as he might seem to you, a Jedi is still just as mortal as anyone else." She spoke casually, even as she seemed focused on her work. Even done with her measurements and preparing to make the robe, she didn't see a reason to send Marigold out yet.

"They did also have to start somewhere, you know. No one starts doing things so well. It's a skill to learn. Yu just need to be willing to do it."

Marigold Marigold

"It's hard to believe that sometimes, you know? I barely could deal with a single gang of criminals, but they kept a whole underworld at bay while we escaped." Marigold explained while gesturing intently, she might've been bad with words, but with gestures alone she could tell a story.

"Yeah, I guess so. But sometimes we're naturally inclined towards some skills more than others, y'know? You a seamstress, I'm a bounty hunter, well... Ex-bounty hunter, I guess." She'd shrug, with a tinge of sadness in her tone, despite the indifference in her expression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom