Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Heart Line Story: An Ask For Aid [Taiia]

Roon
Broken Ass Fantasy Style Castle with a Waterfall Down the Front (Per Darth Metus Darth Metus )
Obsidian Knights Outpost

This...was not what she was expecting. Not in Confederacy space. Not for a group of warriors as infamous as the Obsidian Knights.

Where she had expected a fortress rising to spear the skies, she found herself at what appeared to be the crumbling skeleton of what had once been a rather spectacular castle. Castle. It wasn't often she got to use that word in her daily inner monologue. Still, this was the location she'd received for contacting the Obsidian Knights, so ...

The Magesteria touched down on a landing pad that was questionably intact and deposited the GUIDE Founder beneath a bright afternoon sky. If it weren't for the image of rubble before her it would have been a rather ethereal sort of setting. The presence of other ships was the best indicator that she was at the very least moving in the right direction. Her own instincts told her as such, too, but her brain couldn't help question them.

She met little in the way of security until she was well within the grounds of the temple, and it was at an archway in a wall that a security droid stopped her.

"Identify yourself."

Magda momentarily warbled on the spot, having lost herself in the disbelief of the state of things, "Oh, uhm - Magdalena Lethe?"

"State your intent."

"I'm the Founder of GUIDE. I'm working in partnership with the Confederacy on the Heart Line Hyperlane Project. I... would like to speak to the Obsidian Knights ... an Obsidian Knight. Anyone, really."

"State your contact."

"Well I don't really have a contact, per say. They were suggested to me by-"

"Clearance denied."

"What? But I-"

"Clearance denied. Please return to your ship."

Not what she expected.

Taiia Locke Taiia Locke

Last edited:
Taiia-Test.png

Old Friends

Equipment: Lightsaber
The entire exchange had been overheard if Magdalena had been listening closely she might have even heard a soft chuckle while the guard was speaking. For her part Taiia had simply been passing by when she heard the guard giving the third degree to some poor traveler. Turning quietly upon her heel she started toward the entrance with curiosity of who had come to visit.​
Soft footsteps echoed from the entrance, if the guard had heard anything he had never showed it but a young woman emerged from the interior a soft face framed by deep red hair and accented by piercing green eyes. The woman before Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe carried with her an authority that did not fit her youth. In all likelihood she would have seen Taiia long before a soft hand fell upon that guards shoulder as she emerged from the hallway. This of course caused the guard to turn his attention toward her. Meanwhile Taiia looked to thier guest and gave a polite nod with a small smile then directed her attention back to the guard. "No need to be so strict, if somebody wishes to speak with a Knight Obsidian indulge them. You are free to call on me or any of the Lords. We are more than capable of handling ourselves." the young man standing guard started to protest then shut his mouth as Taiia turned away signaling the conversation was over.​
Withdrawing her hand she turned her attention to the nervous woman with a calming and patient smile. "Welcome to Roon, I belive you said your name was Magdalena Lethe?" she stepped forward slightly and offered a hand "Taiia Mataan, I am an Obsidian Lord with the order. But please just call me Taiia, now then what can the Knights do for you?"

Magda couldn't help but stare, and not for the reasons most people would. The woman was, of course, quite lovely and oozed responsibility and rank from her pores, but what struck her was not any of those things.

It was an odd sense of deja vu and the fact that Taiia very, very strongly reminded her of her late grandmother. Magda had never once seen her grandmother in person, the elder had passed away before her birth, but she'd seen pictures depicting a very striking woman of regality, red hair, and green eyes. Taiia was no exception to the fact.

"Uhm-" Magda stammered, giving her head a small shake and shifting back onto her heels, "thank you, yes. Sorry - it's just, you look a lot like someone I ..." nope, that was an avenue she didn't want to go down. Too much info, not enough relevance.

"Ah, nevermind. Let me start over," a gloved hand was offered to the woman in greeting, "it's a pleasure to meet you Miss Taiia. I'm the Founder of GUIDE, the company currently working on developing a new major hyperlane for the Confederacy. We've recently run into some challenges that require a bit of Force to solve and I was recommended to speak with the Obsidian Knights for backup."

Which was about as much as Taiia had opened with. Right.

"What is your experience with Starweirds in space?"

Taiia-Test.png

Old Friends

Taiia regarded the young woman for a moment as she sat there in stunned silence, patiently waiting for her find herself once more. Something about her had sparked a memory in Magdalena, that was clear but not the depth or what or who and the verdict remained if that was a good or bad thing. "Oh a new hyperlane, that is certainly a worthy goal." as she asked the question she released her hand and motioned her to follow. "Come lets sit and talk rather than stand outside. As to your question, I am familiar with Starwierds by reputation only. Though I imagine that others within the order may have had closer contact"
She waited until Magdalena began to follow then stepped lightly inside, after a short walk they came into a center room which was largely empty but for a few chairs and tables placed neatly around, it was hardly the conditions you would expect force users to be living in but desparate times as they say. Taiia took a seat and motioned Magdalena to one across from her. "I assume they are causing some issue for your hyperlane then?"

By reputation only.

She felt a bit of the wind wheeze out of her sails, but followed Taiia with the determination to stay optimistic.

Stepping into the crumbling walls, she was glad to see that it wasn't all falling apart ... destroyed? She made a mental note to wait for an appropriate time to ask what had happened here. "That seems to be a running theme..." Not many she had approached thus far had reported having much, if any, personal experience with Starweirds. This left Magda to wonder if perhaps there were less Force Users traveling uncharted space than she thought. She supposed that made some sort of sense.

"Yes," she nodded, the chamber was given a cursory glance, but truly there wasn't much to see. It was comfortable, at the very least, and private - something that she appreciated as she disliked airing her failures to the public at large. Magda sighed and turned to sit across from Taiia, giving the young Lord a clear but somewhat skewed reflection of herself in her glasteel visor.

"My teams discovered a sizeable graveyard left over from battle in space. My estimations of the intact pieces of ships left behind places the battle some three-hundred years ago. This graveyard sits directly in the way of our planned route for the Heart Line project, which wouldn't be an issue in itself except for the fact that there seems to be a resident Starweird nest."

She clasped her hands at her lower arms, rubbing them for some semblance of comfort in speaking on a very horrifying event, "Several of my crew members were wounded, one of them was almost killed by the creatures. GUIDE is not capable of dealing with such things. From my understanding, only powerful Force Users stand a fighting chance."

Taiia-Test.png

Old Friends

She gave a nod as she listened to Magdalena, her gaze was studious as Magdalena gave the details of the problem and exactly what she needed from the Knights Obsidian. A ship graveyard, that alone could be trouble but dealing with Starweirds simply magnified the issue.​
"I see, then you definitely came to the right place. However it is as I said, personally I have no experience with these beings but I can assure you I will bring it up with the Lord Commander. And I assure you at the very least I will be there to be of assistance" she offered a warm smile and a firm nod. "If it risks lives, and jeopardizes the hyperlane I see no reason as to why we should not intervene. Though do understand, though I am an Obsidian Lord I cannot dictate what the Knights do."
She leaned forward a bit folding her hands in front of her, considering pressing the young woman about what else was on her mind but she simply gave a gentle shake of her head to shake the thoughts from her mind. "Is there anything else I can be of assistance with then?"

"I understand," Magda nodded. Though it might have been better to connect with the leader of the Obsidian Knights ... what had she called him? Lord Commander? Taiia's sincerity was all the assurance she felt she needed. Honestly, the agreement to help had brought more relief to her than she could have ever expected. Asking for help was often one of the most difficult things to do, but also sometimes the most rewarding.

"No, I don't think so," her mind lingered back to Isaiah and how happy he would be to know they would soon be able to press forward again. A grounded Pathfinder wasn't a happy Pathfinder, and the only thing she wanted more than seeing GUIDE's mission advance was to see Izzy happy. Sometimes she wanted them in equal parts.

"Thank you. Thank you so much Miss Taiia. Let me give you my direct contact information," Magda tapped into the gauntlet module on her left arm and withdrew a datachip to hand over, "the GUIDE project Flotilla has been waiting in orbit over Bothawui for a month now. I have a plan of action in mind and would be happy to discuss it directly with your Commander if they wish. I realize it's asking a lot, but the value of this hyperlane cannot be overstated."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom