Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Greatest Lie Ever Told

“O-oh.”

Nida’s anxiety surged and she stiffened, biting the inside of her cheek. She didn’t expect her arrival to be one met with fanfare. Shuffling behind her father and Adrian, the docile Zeltron followed them to an exquisite hall, filled with far too many faces that she could imagine scrutinizing her.

When they came to a stop, she watched with baited fascination as Kaine raised a hand to the crown, who repeated the gesture in return. As she was introduced, Nida realized that she had been looking down, hiding her gaze from the room. Hands clasped together and shoulders rigidly stiff, she breathed through the introduction and slowly tilted her head upwards, violet eyes wide with nervous tension.

The first group she noticed were the Emperor’s six wives—each as beautiful, dangerous and confident as the last. Each, she’d learned, was an accomplished woman who served the Zambrano family with a variety of skills beyond bearing the Emperor’s sons and daughters. They made her feel quite small in comparison, and she flushed noticeably before casting her gaze away.

Nida abhorred the spotlight.

Swallowing thickly, she forced her voice from her throat.

“H-hello…”

She glanced over to wherever Adrian was, feeling most comfortable with the scientist she had grown used to.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | AMCO AMCO

Having clearly thought ahead, the Emperor had gathered a significant portion of his vast and no-doubt scattered House for the purposes of a grand introduction in a hall possibly dedicated in its entirety to such family gatherings. An attempt at solidifying her ties to him and his kin, perhaps?

Though the inner workings of the Epicanthix's mind remained a mystery, Adrian knew he rarely did something without a reason.

Eyes flickering across the crowd, recognising many, but not all, he nodded amiably to the few he knew well but otherwise remained in the background; or would have, had the Zeltron not seemed quite determined to hide from their massed attention behind his and her father's backs.

Flashing her a reassuring smile, his whisper could have been mocking, if its tone hadn't been kindly. "Don't worry, I'm sure they don't bite."

The most formal part done, he assumed she would feel somewhat more comfortable greeting her kin one or one or in small groups.

The chatter among those that had come to study the newest addition to the Zambrano family was of a more curious nature than anything. The dresses they wore ranged from the finest garments that wealth could acquire to very simplistic garments that belied a martial preference over opulence. Most of them retained the same features, pronounced cheekbones, a square jaw, black locks of hair, and brilliant emerald eyes. Their father's features were often dominant in their genetics, though there were those who possessed traits found among their many mothers.
"Isn't she a pretty thing," cooed Invicta, flashing a smile which showcased her abnormally sharp canine teeth. Beside her stood an athletic woman dressed in the finery of a magician, medallions of power shimmering dimly with untapped potency. She said nothing, merely looking at the pink-skinned former Jedi before a warm maternal smile crested her features. Some of the congregation reacted coldly to yet another child being introduced, but none were outwardly hostile.
Not with Carnifex standing right next to her.
Carnifex reached out and gently grasped Nida by the shoulder, "She has much to learn, but in time she will become a great Sith. There is power in our blood and that same blood courses through her veins. Like so many of you, she will be the future of our family."

As genuine as he was being, the prying eyes and scathing looks Nida was receiving cast doubt on Adrian’s words. This…family was not what she was used to. Kaine’s wives drifted closer, surrounding her in a semi-circle, towering over the petite Zeltron in both stature and confidence. She flushed at the compliment and found the strength to raise her head and manage a thankful smile at the robed woman. Nida was reminded that the Perls were new to her once, too—maybe she’d get used to this.

It would all feel natural, one day, and her regrets would fade. To this hope, she desperately clung.

The shadow of her father loomed imposingly over her, yet she felt some of the tension in her body drop when he placed a paternal hand onto her shoulder.

In time she will become a great Sith.

In that moment, Nida was struck by how odd this all was. Never in her wildest dreams had she ever fathomed that she’d end up here, in the citadel of one of the galaxy’s most powerful men, enemy to all that she’d been raised to believe. As his blood daughter, no less.

“I am pleased to meet you all,” Bowing her head, she spoke in a hoarse voice, parched from nerves. “I will do my best to support our family’s influence.” The words sounded so strange, so scripted, as if they were being spoken by someone else through her lips.

She raised her head meekly, caution in her eyes as she met a hundred or so discerning gazes.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | AMCO AMCO

Shy, nervous, yet determined to prove her worth to her new family, in her own way.

If he was not mistaken, this was far closer to the real Nida than the cold killer he had seen on Yavin IV - albeit placed in a highly unusual situation while already in a rather vulnerable mental state. Not to mention a lack of experience being the focus of attention, if he were to guess.

Still, it was interesting to see how she would progress, once she found her place. He had his doubts that they would even try making an assassin out of her, let alone a warrior, but something relating to her medical training? Some sort of alchemist, perhaps?

Eying her with newfound curiosity, a slight smirk made its way onto his features.

Yes, medical alchemy. That could certainly be interesting. Perhaps he should offer some suggestions when this was all said and done.

"I am certain of it," spoke Carnifex knowingly.
He had a great many plans in store for Nida, many of them would forever remain a secret to her. Not even Adrian comprehended the full extent to which he would use this new dejarik piece, another to bolster his already formidable arsenal.
Nida had yet to realize her full potential, has yet to understand her importance in the web that the Emperor had been weaving even before her birth.
"But there will be time to ruminate on futures later, I have sent an order for the chefs to prepare a magnificent feast to commemorate your reintroduction. If you would come with me." He gently placed his hand on Nida's upper back, guiding her towards a nearby door as the Zambrano family began to disperse in a similar manner. There were many feasting halls placed throughout the Halls of Solomon, though the closet was one of the largest. It was built to accommodate the entire family at any given time, with multiple long tables filling the cavernous space.
Already, food was being placed out as the family began to stream in, and there was very little ceremony as they began to eat as well. Carnifex guided both Nida and Adrian to the head of the congregation, to a table reserved for the Emperor and his entourage. For now, that included his guests and his many wives. Decraniated servants gracefully moved about, tending to the needs and wants of each Zambrano without hesitation or delay. They too would seek to satisfy Nida and Adrian's wishes as well, if they so desired.
The Emperor himself partook in none of the feasting, a sight that wasn't out of the ordinary for the Zambranos but might have been off-putting for Nida and Adrian. Regardless of whether he ate or not, he still accepted a cup of dark liquid to occasionally drink from. As the rumble of idle conversation rose up into the air around them, Carnifex addressed Nida directly.
"Tell me of your time with the Jedi, my child. I would wish to hear of it, tell me of the friends you had made, and those you thought of highly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom