Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great Factory Lore Challenge

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
tumblr_ll4dulY8py1qbm08zo1_500.gif

Matreya

• A mass-produced starship or space station up to 2,000 metres in length.
  • A minor-production starship or space station up to 3,000 metres in length.
These touch my love tool.
  • A unique non-combat space station up to 10,000 metres in length. (Note that all ship- or station-related prizes must still fall within the standard faction/corporation ownership rules, and may not be used as precedents for later submissions.)
This is awesome. Has a lot of love available from me. Question however: Would making it a single massive Forge esque station, made for the Sith or Craftsman that know about it, make it non civilian?
  • A company which starts at Tier 4.
Feth. Yes. Love. You. Factory.
  • Any restricted material objective at any reasonable level of production. (For example, mass-produced beskar-plated Star Destroyers would not be considered plausible. Note that a given submission may require other development for especially powerful features unrelated to the restricted material.)
ok, so mass death star is a no. What about say, Mass produced armor? Of course with a reasonable class etc. Mass 10 quality Beskar'gam, even I know is a no-no
  • Any standard Technology/Vehicle/Starship submission as reasonable.
This is cool as well!
  • One non-combat submission involving quantum armor, a substance which is normally banned without explicit SWRP Staff Team permission. This submission must have a production level of Unique and cannot be reverse engineered in any way.
Care to give an example of noncombat? To mind when hearing that comes, cannot be used combatively. Hence... why this armor? Lol. I would love to make a ship out of it. But would that count?
  • The winner may choose to apply their No Development Necessary Pass to any past, present, or future Flagship thread, reducing the mandatory post count from 400 to 200.
Yes.

[member="Damien Daemon"]

A manufacturing station would be fine. That could be an example of a station with a huge disadvantage in combat.

For the armor question, it would depend on the submission.

Canon has a non-combat example of quantum armor: Lando Calrissian plated his Corusca gem mining ship in the stuff.

Matreya

[member="Jorus Merrill"]
Say, a mass produced alloy. Electroplated Beskar Carbon laced aluminum? This in and of itself would make the aluminum extremely durable, but retaining its light weight.

Of course again from here, details would need hashing.

But, whats the likelihood of something like this? With work and compromise of course.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

It's definitely been a fun contest to participate in. I've been reading quite a few of the submissions put through and I have to say... I love seeing people try to put historical and cultural significance into Factory Submissions.

Matreya

This has been fun. I have had to wrack my brain for things of relevance toward these situations, combined with what could be used by others. Its quite fun really.

Matreya

Exactly. I would participate in these regularly. Mayhap make it biannual, with one not having such drastic rewards, but still being a challenge.

Matsu Ike said:
it has been a fun one, hopefully there will be more in the future
Damien Daemon said:
Exactly. I would participate in these regularly. Mayhap make it biannual, with one not having such drastic rewards, but still being a challenge.
This has gotten enough traction that I don't doubt we'll eventually run more contests with more normally scaled prizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom