Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

There was quite a bit to choose from, and despite Kaile's excitement and the ringing in his ear Kurt eventually managed to settle on something that could have been some kind of bird at some point mixed with a thick broth and noodles. it was simple, easy, and most of all it was very light.

The Pilot managed to unhook himself from Kaile long enough to pay the Rodian that owned the store, forking over a paltry amount of credits in return for far more food than he had expected. That wasn't a bad thing of course, it was just rather...difficult at the moment. Kurt doubted that he could keep even half of what was in the container down for long, much less the entire thing. A sigh escaped his lips and he took the large cup of soup in hand, grasping a plastic spoon and wandering back towards Kaile.

He let out an exhausted sigh. "Okay."

The first few sips would be the hardest, they always were, but eventually Kurt managed to slowly down the soup and fill his rather empty stomach.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kaileann wasn't one to eat delicately. No she ate quite heartily. With gusto and as if the stew she had was the best in the verse.

"This is really good!" Big chunks of meat, thick gravy, large portions of veggies. Yup, souuup heaven. Up went a spoonful and she would blow on the scoop, steam flowing from it.

"Should take it slow," she suggested, but it was evident that Kurt already was doing that. Hunched over his bowl, he blearily took a spoonful of his soup. Poor guy in the light of day could let one see the scattered bruises and scratches. He really got himself into a scuffle, Kaile mused.

"Want something to drink?" She would ask, "reckon could get you some more water." Before he could answer she was off!

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

"Soup is a drink." Kurt commented as he wandered over to a bench and sat himself down. "I'm pretty sure it has water in it."

That should have sounded like a joke, but instead it sounded as though he were really questioning the fact.

Perhaps the spice and stims had eaten away at his brain, it certainly felt like they had. As he swallowed another bit of soup Kurt felt a shiver run down his spine, feeling to his skin beginning to return and his head screwing back on straight. Slowly his body seemed to be recovering, though he still felt like a washed out towel hanging in the wind. His free hand ran through his hair, pulling apart tightly knit locks of hair. A sigh escaped him, and he took another slow sip of his soup.

His head shook, and slowly he looked up at Kaile. "Where are we?"

The pilot realized that he still had no idea, Kaile practically having kidnapped him. If there was an emergency he wouldn't know where to fly or how to get them out, something that he needed. Kurt might have been a screw up, but he knew that it paid to be prepared in case of emergency.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

"That it does, but a bit more wont harm you none," she told him, setting down a bottle beside him. Condensation clung to the cold plastoid container, having been plucked from a cooler full of ice.

"Oh this?" She mulled aloud, as if the very question was silly in and of itself,"Bahrain," she told him a matter of factly. Plucking herself down back in her seat, Kaileann made herself comfy.

"Right at the end of the Santuary Pipeline... Or thereabouts," she told him with a grin, taking another spoonful of her stew. "Endor ain't too far off."

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

Endor?

Force how far had she taken him?

That was nearly the entire galaxy away from Nar Shaddaa. He frowned slightly, paling for half a moment at the thought of fuel costs that this would likely mean. His head shook eventually though, realizing that Kaile either wouldn't care or had already taken care of it. "Oh."

Was his only response to her, as if that somehow would make things clear.

It wouldn't have been his first choice for a day trip, it wouldn't even have been his fifth. There were many planets in the galaxy that Kurt would much rather have visited, and more then a few of them were much closer to Nar Shaddaa then Endor. Then again, perhaps Kaile had done that consciously, removing Kurt from the situation that...something had caused. He frowned slightly and took another sip of his soup, contemplating exactly what had happened back on that planet.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kaileann couldn't help but chuckle a bit at his expression. Well he was still getting over his glitbent high from Nar Shadda. Normally, Kaile would have taken the time to figure out the why and who on what actually happened to Kurt, but it was easier to hightail it than to wait around.

...Not that the first day was already spent trying to relearn how to walk.

Flying up here was no problem, at least for her. There were several outposts out here with connections to the Alliance, plus a few strings she could pull. If anything, her Underworld connections did the trick. Granted, Kurt didn't know that.

Granted, Kurt didn't really even know much about Kaile at all.

"How's the soup?" She asked him, slurping her own down. A gnat or two were starting to buzz around them, and Kaile gave a small bat of her hand to wave them off.

"Good to have a real meal, huh?" She added, "we should pick up supplies while we are here."

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

Truthfully, he hardly heard what Kaile was saying.

It wasn't because he was trying to ignore her, wasn't because she was being annoying or anything, it was just because he couldn't quite focus. It was hard to think straight, hard to remember anything. It bothered him that he couldn't remember what had happened, it bothered him that his head still hurt, it bothered him that his skin felt like things were crawling on him. His lips turned down into a subtle frown, and his eyes seemed to focus too heavily on the soup in front of him.

It was easy to see that Kurt was disturbed.

"Yeah." He said, half paying attention. "We should do that."

His voice shook slightly, though only because he was trying to remember, desperately trying to think of what had happened.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Well he was a pure bucket of joy, mused Kaileann, reaching him like a Primeday Holonews article. Plain as day, that man was mighty uncomfortable even in his own skin. His mind was elsewhere, and with her Lorrdian roots, could tell he wasn't really paying attention to her. He was off, and that bothered him. Bothered him something fierce.

"Still botherin' you some 'bout what happened back on Nar Shadaa, ain't it?" Kaile began, starting the conversation anew. She took another scoop of the stew, slipping the spoon between her lips. A lingering lick and suck of the utensil would come next, before she shucked it off. With a small gesture of her hand she pointed round.

"Can't tell you much." she added, "The bulk of your conversation was 'Sith. Chasing. Package.'" then she glanced up with a wiggle of both fingers. "Wooooo!"

What came next, well...

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

He perked an eyebrow, his eyes bulging slightly. "Sith?!"

Why the hell was he getting involved with Sith? The package he had been delivering had been a necklace, a small piece of jewelry meant for some runaway girl sent by her father to lure her back home. There was no need for Sith, no need for chasing. Though...it made sense in a way.

Unconsciously his fingers traced the wounds on his shoulder.

"I don't..." He trailed off slightly as he pushed himself to remember. "I...I think I took stims."

Kurt seemed to recall jabbing himself with needles, three of them to be exact. The pilot didn't recall any spice, though by the way his head felt and his body reacted he wouldn't doubt if that had been in the mix. His fingers found the puncture marks, still slightly sore where he had pressed the needles into his muscle. A grimace pulled over his lips, his mind quickly forming assumptions to fill in the void in his memories. A shake of his head and he looked to Kaile. "Maybe she was dating a Sith."

He shrugged, that must have been it.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

"Oh you took stims alright," Kaileann piped in with a widening of her eyes and a slow nod of agreement. The corner of her mouth perked in amused knowing, and she scooped up more of her stew.

"You were talking faster than a youngling running on pure Zelosian syrup. Jumpy and all over." In more ways than one, but hey she didn't pay it no mind nor bother. "Whatever it was, or whoever it was, didn't end up tailing you that's for sure." she added, taking the spoon from her mouth and waving it again in emphasis.

"Least until the day after. I took us out of port then. Figured it wasn't keen to linger too long." her nose gave a little wrinkle. "We are missing something..." she perked, glancing around. A sniff came from her then, then a dawning realization came in joy.

"Bread!" indeed fresh bread was being baked in a small tandoor oven just across the food court.

"I'll be right back." she shot up quick to her feet, giving his good shoulder a small tap. "Keep eating your soup."

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

"Okay." Kurt said as he took another small sip.

He tried to clear his head now, shaking away the thoughts he had and trying to look forward. The pilot supposed that the whole ordeal was over now, that it didn't really matter. He had either delivered the package or lost it, either way the company hadn't called to yell at him yet so he figured that it didn't matter. He had already gotten paid so who was he to argue anything anyway? He was alive, he had soup, and slowly the feeling in his extremities was beginning to return.

His toes wiggled in a small test and Kaile got up and walked away.

"Get me pretzel bread!" Kurt called after. "With salt!"

It was rare anywhere off Tatooine, but he imagined some stall here would have some kind of pretzel bread. He hadn't had it since the last time he had been home, and truth be told he rather missed it. It was his favorite after all.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Oh! That was a FANTASTIC idea!

Skip the tandoor flatbread, go for the pretzel! Kaileann’s lips would curve into a small oh of excitement and glee. The question was, would there be a stand that would make it and sell it?!

Determination would set upon Kaile’s jaw, and her tiny fist curled tight as she amped herself up. Her legs would protest the extra bit of walking, but she was focused! Besides, she knew well coming out here to Bahrain meant packing her huffing boots.

The first part of her plan of attack was finding a holomap of the entire area. Plucking out her trusty datapad, she set to work. The bazaar had a nifty app that would provide all that she would need, the stalls organized by sectors, lanes, and then alphanumeric numbers. Searching for specifics just required the appropriate key words.

A few taps and a couple of swipes brought up the selection! Xesh - Fifty three! It was a little further off, but Kurt could handle himself for a few minutes right?

The chances of that Sith or anyone else coming to call were low. At least, one would hope...

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

Kurt just stayed where he was.

There wasn't really any worry about Kaile getting lost or somehow hurting herself, she was smart enough to know what to do in a place like this and she wasn't dumb enough to fall on her own face. Kurt had confidence in that, though mostly because Kaile had proven herself to be surprisingly agile. He'd never really questioned that fact, and even now he didn't really think about just how Kaile managed to do some of the things she did.

It just seemed natural.

"Ugh." The pilot groaned as he tried for another sip of his soup, realizing that his body simply wouldn't mend for another day or two. "No way this was worth it."

Kurt rubbed his face, trying to rub off some of that feeling. He'd never been this hungover before, had never felt so lethargic and broken. it was like his very soul had decided not to work for a little while. He was glad that Kaile was with him. She could pilot if they needed it, and truth be told he likely wouldn't have survived the last few days without her, or at least, he would be much worse for ware.

He'd have to get her something to thank her.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Fifteen minutes later, fresh baked pretzel bread with salt found itself situated between Kaileann and Kurt. With an ear splitting grin, Kaile presented her find with all the flair of a Yum Bunny waitress.

Not like she didn't have that down pat.

"One pretzel bread with salt!" she chimed with cheer, sliding into her seat as she nudged the plump bread over towards the hungover courier.

"Managed to haggle him down to two credits," she beamed, waggling her eyebrows and bursting with pride.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

Two credits wasn't bad, though most of the time on Tatooine he could get it for free.

He supposed that wasn't really something he should, or could, expect on other planets, but it was a nice side benefit of his victories within the racing circuits. Even five years later when five different champions had arisen Kurt was still regularly recognized and rewarded for his achievements. That played to his ego, and truthfully, he did enjoy it. Not everyone on Tatooine knew him of course, but most people in Mos Eisley and Mos Espa did, most of the farmers. The Regulars did, and it was nice.

Grasping the bread Kurt took a small bite. "So what do you want to do?"

The pilot spewed a bit of food, though it was clear he was starting to feel better.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

"Well, reckon we first need to stock up on some supplies." Food. Yes, food was a necessity. Kaileanna helped herself to a chunk of the pretzel bread, oddly eating it with particular care - by noming on the soft center first before delicately consuming the crust with a sop of the stew as a chaser. Without further ado, she continued, a certain gleam coming to her eyes, "Then we can go shopping!"

It was the way she said it that would send tremors down any man's spine. It was the sort of excited, window shopping, endless hours wandering from stall to stall over pretty shiny baubles kind of glow. If Kurt wasn't so hung over, he'd likely have found some witticism to excuse himself from the situation.

But Kaileann was far too chipper and as perky as a bright eyed bushytailed younglin with free reign in the candy store.

"Place is over forty kilometer!" the doom and gloom sensation would settle upon any male at that. That wasn't a days worth of shopping. That could very well be a week!

"They have some rides too!" ... two weeks....

"And I heard there were gonna be some auctions." any sapient would well take pity at the grimace and the slow chew of the pretzel bread Kurt gave.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

That...That was a lot.

"You realize I have a job right?" Kurt said, not scolding her but pointing out the obvious. "They're probably already wondering what happened to me and if I don't get back to them soon..."

For a moment he wondered just how long they would wait before contacting him. "Well I don't think we can both move in with my parents."

That certainly would not be happening, ever, at all, at least not if he could help it. His lips thinned, and then he realized that perhaps he had been a bit too harsh already. He owed Kaile, big time now. Without her he might have been dead by now, and she needed to know that he was grateful. His stomach turned slightly and his lips thinned as he shook his head. The pilot realized that he had to show her he was thankful, that he had to do something for our.

"But..." He trailed off. "A day or two."

Yeah, a day or two should be enough.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

"Well.. yeah..." her voice would wane of excitement and sheepishly, she dropped her gaze to her quickly disappearing stew. A large spoonful would fill her mouth then.

However, when he said that a day or two would be enough, the cheerfulness would return. She gave Kurt a wide grin, and her brown eyes brightened with growing excitement. Two days is good. She could do tons with that!

Swallowing her last bit of food, she took a deep drink from her water. Wiping the leftover bits off her mouth with the back of her hand, she gave a sated exhale.

"Okay!" a firm nod gave her agreement, "How you feelin? Tummy better?'

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

It wasn't much, but it was the least he could do. "A bit."

Kurt admitted to himself that he was feeling better. As a kid there had been times where he played up his sickness. Tatooine was a backwater world, but Arceneau Trade had set up several schools all around the planet and Kurt had, unfortunately, been close enough to be able to attend one. When he hadn't wanted to...well apparently the Pilot was also quite the actor. He supposed that helped along with things at times, though he could tell that his mom had simply taken it easy on him.

She always was a bit more willing then her father to go along with his schemes, he loved her for that.

"But lets take it easy to start." He didn't want to mess up the good feelings he was getting. "No rides yet."

The idea of that...ugh no he couldn't even think about it. Being tipped upside down didn't feel like a very good idea right now, especially when he could barely handle standing up too quickly.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kaileann gave a chuckle, and pleased wiggle of her nose as the sudden thought came to her, “Nah, reckon you’ll toss your cookies faster than a glitbit drunk on Yum Bunnies happy hour marathon.” she joked, taking one last spoonful of her meal.

A content sigh came, and she went leaning back. Hands would rub rather satisfactory over her belly, rustling her shirt a bit. That was when the black beady eyes of Bobo would appear, peeking right under her collar to make his place over her shoulder. He was never ever far from the strawberry blonde. Rather odd to be precise. Made it odder still during specific instances that Kurt was still likely getting used to. But it was Kaile and he really couldn’t find fault on the cheerful, odd woman.

“We can just walk a bit first,” she suggested, going into waitress mode as she came back up to start cleaning off the table. “Look around. You keen on gettin’ anything in particular?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom