Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Golden Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

Clxe04R.png

1a55ACA.png

MJSj9cS.png

"They called her; The Girl with the Golden Gun"
—The Storyteller

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: High-power Blaster Pistol
  • Size:
    • Average
      • (33cm)Length
      • (3.5cm)Width
      • (19cm)Barrel
  • Weight: Average(1.2kg)
  • Ammunition Type: Blaster gas
  • Ammunition Capacity: Small(250)
  • Effective Range: Average(50m)
  • Rate of Fire: Very High(900rpm)
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES

• Distinct Snap Sound
STRENGTHS
  • Hairpin Trigger:
    • While the hammer is held down, The firing mechanism greatly decreases it's pull weight and operates as a hairpin trigger mechanism, allowing the user to fire their weapon quickly and smoothly.
  • Lightning Gun:
    • Based on the famous "Staccato lightning cannon", This particular weapon uses an advanced targeting computer to lock onto targets within line of sight. It then uses a rotating Redirection crystal located in the muzzle to adjust the bolt's trajectory as it leaves the barrel, targeting center off mass(or what is directly visible at the time). This allows the user to score fairly accurate hits from the hip.
  • Turadium Carapace:
    • Because of it's Turadium carapace, This weapon has the potential to survive a small number of direct hits from the infamous Lightsaber. It's external parts however, may be damaged in the process.
  • Beskar Piercing:
    • By replacing the blaster's prismatic crystal with a Krayt Dragon Pearl, The gun can output high enough energy damage to puncture most Beskar armors within several rounds of concentrated fire.
WEAKNESSES

• EMP\Ion:
    • This weapon does not feature any tangible defenses against Ionic damage or EMP technologies, easily being shut down or even damaged internally by such weaponry.
  • Electrical Damage:
    • Significant electrical currents could potentially overcharge the weapon's power cell and other electrical components, frying circuits and wiring which are vital to it's continued operation. In this case, the weapon would no longer fire until repaired.
  • Cloaking:
    • The enhanced targeting array of this particular weapon is dependent on a variety of sensors. Technology that can hide from or otherwise disrupt these sensors can affectively block it's Auto-targeting features, forcing to the user to target them manually.
  • Capacity:
    • Because the Golden Gun uses a krayt dragon pearl as a prismatic crystal along with extensive modifications, it requires both more power and gas than most blasters. The capacity has been halved from the average 500 bolts to only 250 bolts per gas cartridge.
MJSj9cS.png
DESCRIPTION
Following a daring raid in the Yhuuzhan'tar system, it became clear to Aloy Vizsla and her associates that things in this galaxy were about to change forever. Mountains of Beskar were discovered in a storage facility that could have been used to armor entire legions in their sacred metal. Despite the Mandalorian's outrage, the true scope of this horror was only realized after;

Outsiders could now be armed with caches like these, three fold.

And so, They immediately set about creating a weapon that could pierce Beskar armor, so that it may be taken back and reforged by worthy hands. These Mandalorians carefully designed a high powered blaster using Krayt Dragon Pearls found in the corpses of beasts they would hunt on Tatooine during their quest to establish a base of operations there.

A prototype was built as a replacement when Tayl Vizsla's heirloom Hand-cannon was broken by Tusken Raiders during her journey to Anchorhead. Though she had her own concerns initially, she reluctantly gathered the pieces necessary for the Bounty Hunter Jackal, her partner at the time, to build a blaster using the knowledge of her Mandalorian allies. And so Jackal created the prototype that would one day result in the "Pearl Guns" and "Dragon's Breath" blasters of Tatooine.

The first of these weapons was known as "The Golden Gun", And was as renowned for it's beauty as for the barbaric wounds it left.

p1UD36K.png

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ
Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

Before we get started, isn't this weapon effectively a Lightsaber rifle in pistol form?

I don't think so? but correct me if I'm wrong.

To my understanding, a lightsaber doesn't use gas. A lightsaber's blade is also weightless iirc? These have weight and some kinetic force applied to the bolt like any other blaster.

and looking at the wiki\comic i think a lightsaber rifle would actually be more powerful than the golden gun. I mean, this right here? this genuinely scares me! no wonder it's banned. The golden gun doesn't have nearly that kind of power
390b199dc95ea18b709bd18afe5fa5d081545cca.jpg

The Golden Gun is just putting enough power from the cell behind it, and superheating the plasma enough, to make a bolt similar to my previous plasma-thrower. BUT, then it's also focused through the pearl like any other blaster's crystal, instead of being thrown around as raw heated gas like a plasma-thrower. which I personally think would focus it into a more intense bolt. So, it's very hot, but it's not doing whatever that thing is doing i don't think. Golden gun could pierce some armors fine enough with concentrated fire i think, but not pierce it in one blast and definitely not whole walls like that

Last edited:
Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

Upon reading through the submission, you're using lightsaber technology to enhance a blaster, which is the very essence of what a Lightsaber Rifle is. While it may not have the same destructive power, the concept is still the same.

I understand you're trying to make a more powerful baster, but there are ways to do this that don't involve breaking site rules.

Like the lightsaber rile this is deemed to be not in the spirit of star wars, and so is denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom