Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Giving Game

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Giving Game

Q: Name a time or place in which you gave heartfelt service or helped someone out with something? :D

Lilia Dur'iar

L
Um, bought my friend a birthday present?
Okay, fine!
I cleaned my parents garage door.

Oh! I remember the best one! Me and Mom were heading to Fort Jackson for my usual checkup and decided to stop by Hardees before she took me to school. It was early in the morning, probably around 8 or 9 and we got out the car and started walking into the place. Before we got inside, a man came up to us to ask for some money to walk in and buy something to eat. I could instantly tell that this guy was worse-off. He was thin, wore rags, and just had this look of depression in his eyes. I think me and my mom both spoke at the same time, "Why don't you come in and eat with us? We'll get you whatever you want!"

That moment was priceless. That smile that spread across his face just made my day life. So we walked in and we ordered him a big 'ol breakfast platter, got our own food and sat down with him for like 2 hours and talked. It turns out that he got laid off from his trucking job, he used to drive across the country transporting stuff to help his family. So, I just walked back up to the counter and ordered him like 6 more biscuits and gave them to him.

It just really warmed my heart to help that guy, my Mom cried once we got back to the car when we had to leave and get back to school. She told me she was proud of me.

When I was like 15 I believe, my dad came home talking about a co-worker who didn't have much money to give her son something for Christmas. Now, I had just recently gotten an Xbox 360, and I wasn't playing my old PS2 as much as I used to. I gave the system, as well as 20+ games so that little boy could have a Christmas present.

I've talked a few friends out of suicide on different occasions.
And once I helped out at this wonderful organization that works with food banks, it was really fun (even though we were basically packing rice for two hours while wearing hair nets).

But my favorite was probably going with the church and heading through a rougher part of town, handing out Blessing Bags (bags with food, tooth brushes, and other nice stuff) to homeless people. The smiles on their faces was awesome. And we met an angel! (Or at least a guy who declined the bag and told the group he was an angel.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom