Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Gilded Dragonet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilbert_Logo_copy.png

T H E
G I L D E D
D R A G O N E T

MinstrelClassSpaceYacht-LoNH.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Ostentatious Super-Yacht
  • Image Source:
    • Mandalorian Mercs Krayt Clan Emblem by Mercs.Firespray
    • Lords of Nal Hutta by Mariusz Gandzel
  • Canon Link: Minstrel-class Yacht
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Luxury Yacht
  • Length: 160 meters
  • Width: 50 meters
  • Height: 30 meters
  • Armament: Low
    • 6 Pop-Out Plasma Cannons - Artfully concealed in the Krayt's bronzium hull, these cannons can pop out when the ship is in danger. Purchased from a smuggler at exorbitant expense and installed by a Qektoth biotechnician - who Gorba then had quietly executed - these biological based cannons can pierce conventional shielding.
    • 6 Null Burst Projectors
    • 1 Tractor Beam
  • Defenses: Average
  • QQ-543N/53R Cap Drain Module - Enables ship systems to weather a reasonable amount of electrical or ion based attacks.
  • Military-grade Firewall - May prevent a slicer from hacking into the Gilded Dragonet and control the ship's systems at will.
  • Hangar: Very High: 1
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: 0.5
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Nine decks:
    • Deck Nine: Defense Systems, Helm
    • Deck Eight: Swimming Pool - the pool can be converted into a small combat arena, where Gorba and his entourage can observe gruesome fights. A large section of the roof is fashioned from solarium glasteel and offers a gorgeous view of the outside.
    • Deck Seven: Throne Room, Dining Hall
    • Deck Six: Aquarium, Night Club, Art Gallery
    • Deck Five: Staterooms
    • Deck Four: Slave Quarters, Galley
    • Deck Three: Exotic Animal Pens - Gorba usually keeps two dragonets onboard, along with a pack of massiffs.
    • Deck Two: Hangar Bay
    • Deck One: Engine Room
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • HIMS system - Allows the Gilded Dragonet to punch through interdiction fields.
  • Vanir Technologies Hyperspace Capacitor - Enables the Gilded Dragonet to quickly make multiple hyperspace jumps in a row.
  • QQ-C15 Silkworm Hypertransit Package - Extremely fast hyperdrive, with an accompanying advanced navigational and sensor suite.
  • Isotope-5 Reactor - A very powerful reactor core.
  • The Citadel - Gorba the Hutt's "throne", inside the seventh deck, has a button which, when pressed, activated the Citadel. The Citadel is a panic room installed for the severely paranoid. Essentially, the throne drops down into a hidden room protected by meter-thick bronzium walls. The room has its own emergency medical station, food supply, air filtration, and communications system. Also inside the Citadel are two Guardian Corps battle droids, which Gorba found on Kor Bareesh and subsequently repaired.
Strengths:
  • Luxury: Scarlet Greel-wood interior paneling, crystal chandeliers, dark Wroshyr-wood furniture, Wookiee-fur shag carpets, a fountain of liquid gold. These are a few of Gorba's favorite things.
  • Spare-No-Expense: Due to its advanced systems and exterior/interior decor, including state of the art hyperdrive, the Hutt space-yacht is staggeringly expensive and a one-of-its-kind type of ship.
Weaknesses:
  • Combat: It might be stuffed with cutting-edge technology, but the Gilded Dragonet was not designed with combat in mind. Fleeing is the optimal choice.
Description:
Featuring 37 crew members and the capacity for 75 passengers, the Gilded Dragonet is meant to be one of the most ostentatious ships around. Its sleek, bronzium hull gives the ship a dark gold luster. The inside of the ship is frequently the site of utter degeneracy, from the bloodsport of its mini-arena and the frequent "feedings" of the "fish" that dwell in the ship's massive aquarium, to the pure debauchery of the Throne Room and private night club.

What happens on the Gilded Dragonet should stay on the Gilded Dragonet.

Last edited:
[member="Gorba the Hutt"], this looks like a cool piece of worldcrafting with a lot of background lore that ties back to your character.

In terms of gameplay though, it's really overpowered. Having a ship at unique production gives you four extra ratings overall to increase from average. That means that at most, only one of the ratings could be at extreme without any balancing elsewhere. As always, you can balance a ship by adjusting ratings (where a gain of one rating is offset by lowering one rating elsewhere), decreasing production, or adding significant weaknesses.

A couple of minor notes that aren't related to the overall balance of this submission:

Gorba the Hutt said:
Military-grade Firewall - Prevents a slicer from hacking into the Gilded Dragonet and control the ship's systems at will.
If you'll put "may prevent" in here. We can't things are entirely invulnerable to certain things.
Gorba the Hutt said:
MTX Isotope 5 Generator - A very powerful energy generator.

This is a bit tricky. As the rules are technically written, a starship of unique production that includes the use of a restricted material needs a manufacturer that is a major faction or at least a Tier IV company. I will check with the factory staff to see if an approved tech submission meets this requirement.

Gorba the Hutt said:
Hangar: Average: 0.5 Squadrons 3 Scyk Interceptors 3 Dunelizard Fighter 1 M22-T Krayt Gunship
We list squadrons only by whole integers now. There are no partial squadrons in the current rule set. Likewise, we do not list individual fighter craft under the hangar section, as this is regulated by a combination of the capital ship's hangar count and the starfighter's squadron count. For canon craft it's generally assumed to be 12 ships to a squadron. Because of that, I'd probably mention within the description itself that this normally carries a mixed squadron.

[member="Gorba the Hutt"], I spoken to the Factory Admin about the Isotope-5 reactor.

Per that submission's affiliation, the in-character Gorba must have an affiliation with ATC, MaraTibx or PharmaTech to use this.

Isotope 5 - [member="Gir Quee"], the writer told me that I can use it and I've purchased it from ATC via the marketplace. Even if I did not, the Bareesh Kajidic is Tier 4 and could thus utilize an isotope 5 reactor.

Hangar - Adjusted to eliminate integers, but I am leaving in the individual ships it carries for my own personal reference. If you want me to move it to a different section than the "hangar" section I can do that.

Firewall - edited to reflect your feedback.

Ratings - adjusted per your feedback.

Gorba the Hutt said:
Isotope 5- Gir Quee, the writer told me that I can use it and I've purchased it from ATC via the marketplace. Even if I did not, the Bareesh Kajidic is Tier 4 and could thus utilize an isotope 5 reactor.
It's not a matter of OOC permission from the writer, but the basis upon which the reactor was approved by the factory staff. The submission for the reactor itself strictly labels it as "Closed market to ATC, MaraTibx or PharmaTech". "Limited Production" specifically in that submission strictly and specifically regulates the affiliation of who can use it. Unless the reactor submission itself is changed through a tech mod request, those aforementioned companies are the only entities that can currently use this reactor.

Bareesh Kajidic being Tier 4 would allow you to use a generic Isotope-5 reactor. If you want to go this route, please link "Bareesh Kajidic" to the approved company submission in the "manufacturer" heading.

Gorba the Hutt said:
Hangar - Adjusted to eliminate integers, but I am leaving in the individual ships it carries for my own personal reference. If you want me to move it to a different section than the "hangar" section I can do that.

If you'll move it to somewhere in the description field, we should be set for this.

AMCO AMCO Right? Ok, I think it's done.

Changes:
  • Fixed formatting
  • Added div
  • Added header
  • Fixed broken links

Substantive changes:
  • Tried to bring stats in line with modern factory standards.
    • Reduced maneuverability from moderate to average
    • Removed "very fast" from hyperdrive as it's no longer applicable
    • Added hyperdrive as a blurb to the strengths/weaknesses section per "below 1.0" requirements
    • Increased hangar capacity from average to very high due to new factory standards for corvettes.
  • Added the "hangar allocation/single craft hangar" fields

Hopefully the "unique" status makes all that ok still, but let me know if I need to fix anything else. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom