Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Galactic Federation [Interest Check]

Synthia Fellstarr

S
Hello all, Hiss Hiss here. Although I am best known for being Sithy Evile Persons. I genuinely enjoy military scifi and political stuff and for a long while I've wanted to try out an experiment to create a creatively free homage to the New Republic, but, with a more poli-grounded ethos! So here is the idea. The one presented below is what eventually it could become as a Major Faction, but, the Minor faction details are below! Enjoy~
-----------------------------------------​
Faction Idea
GALACTIC FEDERATION OF PLANETS
Wavy_Flag.png
GFP_Banner_2.png
ARMED FORCES[/RIGHT]
Galactic Federation is a group that places its fate and defense in the hands of its citizens. It is a citizen army fighting to protect their worlds,not for any lord, religion, despot, or king. The Armed Forces are split into the Galactic Federation Starfleet Forces (GFSF) and the Galactic Federation World Corps (GFWC).

The GFSF is led by Starfleet Command (STARCOM), which is headed by the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) leading a staff of Admirals of the Fleet (AF) who command Starfleet Sectors (SFS). The GFWC is led by World Command (WOCOMM), which is headed by the Chief of Armed Operations (CAO) leading a staff of Federation Generals (FG) who commands World Cluster Sectors (WCS).

In these forces are leagues of brave citizens forged as soldiers and military support. Star Fleet Captains, Admirals, Starfighter Wing Leaders, Engineers, Technicians, Medical & Humanitarian Forces, and Troopers and Generals. (This is a faction that puts heavy emphasis on these roles more so than political or religious).

OOC MECHANICS
Above all else the point of this minor faction is to create a democratic, people orientated, hard military scifi faction which takes the ideals and aesthetics of the Galactic Republic and opens it from its rigid traditional forms. This is a faction that although has IC political mechanics, has its future solely determined by OOC friendly discussion and creative freedom! No one is above the faction, no one is allowed to use their rank to get haughty and self-important. No one. This is a faction that takes inspiration from all those science fiction grand governments that looked so cool to replicate or be apart of. Member Worlds will be respected and are allowed to forge their own histories inside the Federation, political drama is solely IC and removed from OOC pointless in-fighting, and the emphasis is on people - not Jedi Orders, Chancellor elections or Senators.

ROLEPLAY STYLE
If you got a cool plot, go for it! The faction is to be built on those classic EU New Republic style plots of diplomacy, military thrillers, and intrigue. If you have an honest plot that incorporates the faction’s aesthetic and other faction members, go for it! (Just let us know in advance haha). Want to do a humanitarian mission to another world? Do it! Want to do a starfleet entanglement or dogfight? Do it! Want to do a treaty thread? Do it! Want to do a thread involving a rescue mission from another world? Do it! Even though we have political institutions, that’s really for the big stuff. You are not inhibited from pursuing your own stories. Just make sure it doesn’t betray the core principles of the faction - so don’t go space imperialists on us!
ELECTIONS
All positions of office, First Minister and Chair of Worlds are done through OOC elections. How it works is, IC we simulate campaign speeches, assembly debates, and other RPs. Then we hold OOC elections and then RP the results. NO ONE IS TO CONFUSE IC POSITIONS AND DIFFERENCES WITH OOC DISCUSSION. YOU ARE NOT THE PERSON YOU RP. This is critical. This system exists so everyone has the chance to be a leader. But, remember the whole point is to have fun and roleplay a thriving and exciting group of planets bound by one goal but, have different opinions and culture.

First Minister, is elected to a 4 Month run where in after they go up for re-election for another 4. As such when they become First Minister they are given privileged powers in directing future dominions and invasion suggestions. However, all decisions are ultimately approved or disapproved by the faction members (as RP’d IC in the AW). Similarly the Chair of Worlds is elected to a 6 Month run, where they are in-charge of the management and administration of the Assembly of Worlds threads and decisions making.

First Ministers and Chair of Worlds DO NOT BECOME DE FACTO FACTION OWNERS. That status is elected by the faction members to a faction member that is deemed worthy of being the overall administrator and manager of the faction - in charge of troubleshooting and other admin work.

WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
For now as a minor faction we are looking for those who love hard scifi military and political stuff but, aren’t in the mood for Imperialists or Dictatorial regimes who are often the crux of this style of roleplay. As a minor faction, we will be called the Galactic Federation Fleet. Once we achieve major faction status, and dominion a few worlds, then we can phase into a Galactic Federation.

We are looking for DIPLOMATS, HUMANITARIANS/MEDICS, STARFIGHTER PILOTS, TROOPERS, FLEETERS, POLITICIANS, BUSINESSMEN, and ENGINEERS. Also PLANET Reps looking to join.

Currently, there are no plans to incorporate Jedi Order, but, Jedi are more than welcome to set up monastic locations and go about their religious operations within the minor faction.

All Companies and Corporations are free to set up bases of operations within the Galactic Federation.

GFSF_Banner.png

-------------------------------​
THOUGHTS???

Synthia Fellstarr

S
[member="Kami Meran"]

I'm sure there are. It isn't the most original name xD. But, yes there is the Galactic Alliance. Which if you wanted to take a crack at you can.

But, there are slight differences in RP style and aesthetic between them and the Galactic Federation. Tell me what your concerns are and I can try and fill in the gaps :)

Synthia Fellstarr

S
[member="Kami Meran"]

Nah, very much inspired by the old EU New Republic stuff. But, also influences from scifi military shows, anime, and books. Honestly, just wanted to create a fleeting/military focused political intrigue faction that wasn't an empire or a military dictatorship. Also New Republic stuff sounded like fun.

Synthia Fellstarr

S
[member="Kami Meran"]

Awesome. So I see you're an engineer. Looking to join as a Starfleet Engineer? What role do you see yourself in?

SSI can sign some contracts and send some additional Vessels, Vehicles, Armaments, etc etc the Federation's way once we get those production lines developed and underway (specifically the Vessels and Vehicles).

[member="Synthia Fellstarr"]

Synthia Fellstarr

S
[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

That'd be super cool yah! Once the Fleet is up and running we can do a bizz summit. :)

If you're interested, I'm starting up a thread that has SSI moving its headquarters from Alderaan to the Recopia System that you can jump in. Give the Federation Fleet a bit of activity by helping secure the System.

[member="Synthia Fellstarr"]

Synthia Fellstarr

S
[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

Need members first. I'll try and show up at some point.

Synthia Fellstarr

S
[member="Myles Skyreaper"]

Always! If you have someone who can lend to the armed forces sure!

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Synthia Fellstarr"],

I probably won't join personally because I have my own major faction to attend to but I would be willing to grant some support from Metal Lords and come in as the Federation's hopefully would-be allies, we also have a bunch of companies like ARGH, [member="Ultimatum"]'s LOOM, or [member="Lord Mettallum"] and his FOTM, that could possibly lend support as well if others are willing to help out.

Synthia Fellstarr

S
[member="HK-36"]

Sounds promising! I first need a decent base of members. But, definitely expect talks over this prospect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom