Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Galactic Alliance: Trade makes the 'Verse go round - Sullust

[member="NPCs by Corey"]

Jaster looked over the choices he had, he of course represented Umbrella Interests, a small Weapons manufacturing facility. Then there were other small companies that he represented, none of witch he could represent in a manner of support. Opening up lanes of revenue as well as bringing the influence of the Aliance to the Trade Conglomerate Board. Nothing could be promised as he didn't formally own any of the companies that were part of the Conglomerate. With a Military group such as these looking to buy lots of hardware, many of the TC Members wouldn't object to a trade stream for such a small nation. He would have to bring this up at the next Merchant Board meeting, but first he needed to prob more to see if this group had any need for Conglomerate Merchandise.

"Well to be honest I can only speak on behalf of Umbrella Interest, a Weapons and Armor manufacturer and Val'hala Muteral Mining Company, as for theembership of the Conglomerate we do sell Droids, Ships, as well as agriculture needs as a Neutral Trading Alliance, I unfortunately can not mention the company's names as they do wish to stay a secrete, if at all donor, I'm here more to prob and see what kind of plans you have as well as if caught, would our companies be outed as supporters of your cause?"

Jaster didn't much care if his company was outed, he sold arms to nearly everyone on the black market, though he was yet to be found out. He knew however that other companies with to keep their social status and wouldn't take kindly to the Conglomerate if they were caught up in a scandals and lost contracts as a result.

Light Rises

L
Lack nodded. He was enjoying this post a bit more than he expected. It was a nice post, and well, I could at least say I served. Show up in a bar in a uniform? Men came flocking at you. They knew what they wanted. Lack nodded, looking up at [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"], doing his best to not pay attention to the others in the meeting. He’d get to them, maybe. Weapons and droids, that was good, he nodded.

But a mining company. “Tell me more about Val’hala… and we are definitely looking for more than just military arms and industrial. We’re going to be freeing a lot of worlds, and we want to provide them the knowledge that their livelihood will not be harmed by the Galactic Alliance moving in. Our worlds will be able, and are expected to freely work with companies to provide jobs, industry and boost their economy. A time of change is among the galaxy, Viceroy.”

[member="NPCs by Corey"]

Jaster was interested in how uninterested this Sullustan was about the advanced Tech Jaster was offering. All his weapons were cheap and lightweight, great for this operations Rebal Tactics, or at least he believed so. Even his organizations Droids were near top of the line, some of the best Defensive Droids outside the Technos. He may have read them wrong, It may be that this goverment was serious in its role to be a Galactic Power. Such a early revenue stream was almost unbelievable tempting for Jaster to try and tap into. Yet he was sure that larger companies, such as this under the ATC or the Technos were already tapping this already large powder keg.

He started to speak of his Subsidiary Mining Company, "Val'hala Muteral is a smaller one of our Memebership Companies, it is homed at Val'hala, and has facilities both at Subterral and Maramere, we are even setting outpost up at Conglomerate Prime, they specialize in mining Rare Ores and Crystals with the utmost care, it is one of the main suppliers of ore to all of the Conglomerate and our allies, this makes the company very stretched and very exspensive outside of Conglomerate Membership, we sometime allow contracts to pay a reduced fee to productive buyers, if that the type of information you were asking for, or was it something else?"

Jaster was hopping to some of his weapons at this gathering, but his ore was just as well.

With: @Judah Dashiell @Karen Roberts @Kelly Perris [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Other Tags: [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="NPCs by Corey"] [member="Thais Kallisto"] @Rusty @Isis Varida OOC

A small crowd would catch Danger's eyes, and after a moment and a word with Aeri, the slow, steady tattoo of red sole Peri shoes drew her to it.

Her smile would widen at a familiar face. [member="Judah Dashiell"], CEO of Salacia Consolidated. With nary a Makai munchkin in sight! Her attention would pan to those he was with. A few she didn't recognize, save the Countess. ([member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]) Back on Kaeshana, she had conducted some business with Firemane and with the Oiran Guildhouse. With the evacuation, the temple had been relocated.

"Mistah Dashiell..." her coo would float over, a genuine smile on her face. Green eyes would dart over to Siobhan, "Countess Kerrigan... what a pleasure to see you both."

Coming to a stop, she then panned her smile to the other newcomers. "Welcome to my Sullust Trade Station."

[member="Danger Arceneau"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

"You're right Miss Kerrigan, only time will tell what will happen. Easy to want change, harder to do so. They might be pushin' too hard, too soon on space folks ain't all too eager to exactly give up."

Judah was about to open his mouth to speak more on the possible interruption of trade routes. Miss Kerrigan's company did supply Salacia will its security needs, working hand in hand with his Security Chief, [member="Dirks Hutchinson"] . Keeping up with the recent and more aggressive expansions was no doubt leaving Dirks a little frazzled. However, Miss Arceneau floated by, giving a greeting.

"Miss Arceneau, always a pleasure."

It seemed their little meeting might truly be getting underway.

Light Rises

L
Ditto used transform. Ditto was still Lack Iman, military procurement officer. And very very interested in what [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] had to say. It was very excellent to see another group of people expanding into the market of business play, over [member="Danger Arceneau"] and her posse. Lack had been pleasantly surprised by Arceneau’s skills, and knew a few in the same head he came from shared that joy for working with Danger. But Jaster, he was something different, it was fresh. The thing was, the Galactic Alliance wanted to explore all routes, especially new ones, in their fight of the One Sith.

Or protecting the Galactic Republic from further Sith teabagging. Listening to Jaster speak, Lack nodded. “We could definitely use that in our space. We’re looking to free worlds, and that means we’re looking to improve life as best we can. And if we, as the leadership, can provide our worlds with names of people who can help, that will go a long way, we may be looking for companies to step up and offer our citizens more out of life. And you mentioned weapons, and droids. What kind of droids?”

[member="NPCs by Corey"]

Jaster looked at the man, he was still under confidential agreements that he could not name the companies that were members until an agreement could be arranged. Conglomerate Prime was their first and last stronghold should anyone come and threaten them. It was also becoming ever close to the One Sith Boarder, and should they ever find out his organization was ever supplying their enemies, the destruction of his hard work would be the least of his worries. He could not give name or companies should no agreement be met.

Jaster bowed his head, showing he was apologetic, "I am sorry, but the names of both my clients and their companies can't be named under the thread that we do not know you and your goverment very well, out homeworld is constantly under the threat that the ever growing One Sith boarder, for the safety of their companies and their reputation all I can offer you is my name, and my company, along with what we have to offer, now if the Trade Conglomerate do decide to invest in your goverment and sent weapons, ammunition, ships, and droids, what is to prevent the One Sith or even their sects from assaulting our trade lines and learning of our involvement, after all we run a Trade Empire, we require animosity if we are to continue."

He was being secretive as he believed the Galactic Alliance would one day possibly rule over all of the Southern Quadrent. His colleges in the Merchant Board believed theme to be like the Rebels who popped up every now and then. Running through their caves in Sullust, resorting to Guerrilla Warfare with Hit and Run Tactics. Jaster was an Admiral during the great plumage for the Mandalorian Self Defence Force, he knew how pirates, Rebels, and smugglers looked, and the Sullustan in a military uniform before him, he didn't look like the Rebel Type. They had a cause, and they had a goverment to back it up. It was a risky investment, but with risk came reward if it all payed off.

Light Rises

L
Lack wasn’t trying to make Jaster break any form of non-disclosure, and the fact that the Viceroy was being protective of his people weighed very positively in Lack’s eyes. Obviously this meeting was to help out the Alliance, and to hopefully help local companies get either on their feet or into a spot where they could compete with Danger’s band of merry merchants and create a UPS versus FedEx versus DHL rivalry…

IN SPACE

“I completely respect that, Viceroy. And I’d be more than willing to deal directly with you, in fact… We would love to hear an official proposal for what you could do for the Alliance. I know that we’ve had talks with Incom, but starfighters, they’re not your business, correct? Filling in the rest of the space would be very beneficial to us both. And I would request that you speak to your Conglomerate on our behalf. We’re here to help change the galaxy, Viceroy. Not some band of rebels, but our leadership is looking to take the fight to the Sith.” He looked around for a beat.

“I will admit though, our military isn’t as expansive yet, so trade line protection will be tricky.” Honestly was good, right?

Lack nodded. His ears and jowels wiggled.

He was a Sullustan.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

[member="NPCs by Corey"]

Jaster smiled at the Sullustan Honesty, "If we can find agreeable terms here, I'm sure the TC could help change that."

It would seem that the Sullustan was avoiding the question and answering it in bits. He didn't expect their military to protect Conglomerate Interest, they had their own private military for that. Armor, droids and weapons were easy to transport, cargo ships and freighters could carry hundreds of thousand if needed, the trouble were the ships. His memberships shipyards could could output a thousand capital ships a year if need be, not of the same class of course. How was he to transport these large vessels to GA outpost without the One Sith or their minions finding them. Of course they had their own trade routes separate from those of the shared Galactic Maps, but those were shadow ports, unable to transport cruisers or even destroyers if need be, that's what they used them anyways. Setting up new trade routes would take to long as all of his explorers and mappers were in the Unknown Region planning a Hyperspace Route. He would have to ask the question directly.

"It would seem that there is a problem on my part, there has been some concern within our inner circle that the Trade Conglomerate can not openly support the Galactic Alliance until both of us can properly support one another, we currently have no Shadow Trade Routes this deep east of Sullust, should you and your goverment spread that far, how would we transport goods such as cruisers and destroyers to you without showing our hand to the One Sith?"

Light Rises

L
Lack smiled. He enjoyed this kind of work when it could either be put off until a later date, or that the meeting went well. He knew that Dashiell and Kerrigan were probably being contracted for a few other things, but guns and ammo were an easy situation. Honestly, if Lack was avoiding the question, it wasn’t really the intention of the character, less the intention of the writer. Lack did have an issue with saying ‘I don’t know’, however and that did translate over.

With [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] asking such a direct question though, Lack nodded. He took a second, well, more like three, to think about it. “Currently, I will admit we are a small operation. Perhaps calling ourselves ‘Galactic’ is a bit of hopeful marketing. As we grow, we’ll be building ships and making sure our navies and armies are up to the task. Unlike certain groups, like the Techno Union, who need to provide droids to run their ships, we are working with living beings. We will not be stretching farther than we can rightfully support. When we expand, we’ll be ready to cover trade lines as we go.”

He hoped that was at least… sort of positive.

[member="NPCs by Corey"]

Transport would still be a problem, but as the transport company, he would most defiantly find a way. He only needed to sway the Merchant Board so they would allow the trade to be open. After all, Sullust was the only cheap way out of the Unknown Region and Fringe Territories. He only nodded as the Sullustan made counters to all of the Boards concerns, even the possibility that the Sith could find out and TC members couldn't openly support the GA. The membership have been in an uproar since the Republic denied them trade right as they wouldn't offer military support to their war with the Sith. The TC Private Military wasn't strong enough to take on such a large Empire. The best they had fought were rouge mercenaries and pirates. If the GA ever requested their assistance, the TC couldn't respond with anymore then a small Droid Platoon.

Jaster looked at Lack, nearly all the concerns of the Trade Conglomerates Boardmembers had been addressed, Jaster himself couldn't think of much else he could question. There was only one last thing he would have to ask, "What is the Galactic Alliance in need of that the Trade Conglomerate can Offer?"

Light Rises

L
Lack was considering everything. He was the military procurement officer, sure, but he also was helping a growing government and that meant being an active listener, and actively thinking of ways to not only turn a profit, but to increase productivity. Make the Alliance a place that people wanted to show up, people wanted to work, and people wanted to assist. They could always use investors, but right now? It was building from the ground up. “We’re really working hard to reinforce our structures here, on Sullust. Salacia Consolidated has been previously contacted to assist with construction of our military and Jedi strongholds. Have you met with [member="Judah Dashiell"] yet?” He looked over at the other merchant.

“Basically, I am looking for people who are willing to expand their horizons. We’re in need of mechanics, construction teams, miners, surveyers, anyone who can assist with creating infrastructure and keeping what tools and equipment we do have in repair. Some of our ambassadors are out, speaking to worlds that will hopefully start to become part of the Alliance. And we’d like to offer then some aid for assisting the Alliance, providing names of trusted businesses for the same aforementioned situations. Of course, as you seem very willing to help, once you speak to your companies, I’d be very interested to hear what more would be offered from your side, maybe you can see things I’m not thinking about.”

Lack was nervous after all.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Karen Roberts"] [member="Judah Dashiell"]

Danger's lips curved into a wider smile.

Turning to the blue haired minx standing there all proudly and just, Danger would extend her hand and offer her greetings.

"I hope everyone is enjoying themselves." she would add, panning her attention to everyone. "Things have been particularly busy this side of the 'Verse," she continued, and she would be right. With the Trade Conglomerate, Stratus Sphere, what was going on with the Omega Pyre and now the Galactic Alliance, it was a wonder how all the cards would fall.

"I take it business has been as well?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

"Business, is booming." Karen mused with a smile, "Wonderful to meet you Lady Arceneau. I'm Commander Roberts of the RnR PMC Denon. At your service."

Roberts gave a nod to all present and continued,

"To note, my R&D Division recently noticed your company's grand developments into Solarium Glassteel and requested I make an attempt to acquire some for our own research. So I was wondering? Would it be possible to acquire a large industrial grade portion of this new technology? Ah, and perhaps a skilled scientist from your labs from which we might gain an advisory expertise? My lab boys do some love the company as they tinker with the forge. Hehe."

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

"It is quite interesting." She had a small grin while going over most of the equipment and keeping their interest on a few different things. THe hard part was getting the interest before she was standing around letting everything happen display with some showing of her arms. THen a small shrug to head off towards the harder things that she might be able to find equipment she could use and work with. "Wonder though what other inventory there is here." She whispered it to herself and wished she had gotten some assistants to allow her to roam around and look.

[member="Karen Roberts"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Judah Dashiell"]

"There are many items, I fear I won't have enough time to look at them all, but you certainly carry some interesting wares Miz Ike." Danger would tell the willowy brunette before turning to the peacock maned woman.

"Is that so?" Danger would perk a brow, but her expression would reveal she was pleased that the product was already making headway. If rumor had it right, hopefully Solarium Glasteel will continue to sell itself.

"What sort of research are you looking to delve into with Solarium Glassteel?" she asked, curious. Danger was already a big supporter of green energy, and any new developments in the field interested her, and she was sure would also interest Salacia's CEO standing beside them. He didn't make fuel out of algae for nothing.

[member="Danger Arceneau"] | [member="Matsu Ike"] | [member="Karen Roberts"]

To be perfectly honest, Judah had been half-paying attention to the conversation. Most of it wasn't directed towards him so he was catching bits and pieces there. As someone who had bought heavily into Solarium Glasteel, his ears did perk at the mention of the product. The main issue with the fancy glass was its manufacturing process, slow. If another buyer came on board maybe ATC could expand their manufacturing of the product.

"You manufacture green energy Miss? Or are merely a buyer?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Judah Dashiell"]

"Hold that thought." She spoke to no one in particular. Her phone started beeping and she knew she needed to take this call. "Ah. It's legal. Would you all excuse me. I'm sure we'll get the chance to speak of this again some other time in the future. Adieu. Force be with you."

She placed the phone to her ear and disengaged from the crowd. Business was business. As they say.

/exit. loa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom