Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Galactic Alliance [ Mando'ade, Sacred Lotus, Free Worlds Coalition, Galactic Empire, Iron Empire

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Veiere Arenais"],

"If only some of us had capacity to drink."

Came a mechanical droll in answer to Veiere's comment as along with [member="Draco Vereen"], [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"], and [member="Rashae"] a tall slender shape walked into the meeting, he carried no weapons but was clad in his usual organic VT biot armor, with a black cloak falling off of his shoulders, his head spinning slowly as the droid's three faces looked over the guests and the room with his glowing red eyes. This glow may have seemed similar to [member="Lady Kay"], perhaps the Queen of Commenor dismissed the memory of her last encounter with the droid as a dream, or more likely a nightmare, but although the machine has changed bodies since then, there would be something familiar in his shape, and that aforementioned red glow beneath the organic membrane of his biot.

"Or could drink with calm mind as the Emperor has his guards aim their weapons during a diplomatic meeting."

HK quipped, referencing to the brief stint during which [member="Tanomas Graf"] proclaimed himself as the Emperor of the Remnant, and the machine had pleasure of witnessing him take part in a brief fight during a gala. Well fight was a strong word when Graf played solely the part of a victim back then.

HK continued,

"Either way, we should not begin with such blunders, I believe someone said they had a "husband-to-be""

The droid's head spun again until one of the faces fixed itself in the direction of Kay, looking right towards her,

"Congratulations."

Now as to how HK actually came to be there during the meeting, he came as part of the Free Worlds representation. The droid met Draco and Faith while back when he begun to conduct trade agreements between Alderaan and Abregado, this relationship grew closer even as the machine begun to distance himself from the planet, eventually moving a bit more mobile assets into their sphere of influence to continue their trade and working relationship, this time as representative of a droid collective, known to some by the name "The Metal Lords".

[member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Darth Metus"], [member="Keira Ticon"], [member="Amaya Verd"],

"You have my congratulations," Amaya remarked to both [member="Veiere Arenais"] and [member="Lady Kay"]. A drink would be more than enjoyable and perhaps perferrable to the current environment. She wondered a moment how long this would last, this meeting - let alone an attempt to forge an alliance. And then [member="Tanomas Graf"]'s boisterous voice was followed by [member="Draco Vereen"] and then members his Free Worlds Coalition which as it stood felt more like a younger sibling of the very Galactic Alliance that Tanomas so despised.

At least if she had heard about them correctly from her father [member="Darth Metus"]. By now the young Mandalorian woman was frustrated, it seemed no one knew how to keep themselves in check. She was almost inclined to agree with the woman who came in near the end. As part of Draco's group no doubt, "yes, let us drink." Amaya gestures for Veiere to lead the way. "I believe we've failed to have a proper conversation, feel free to join us."

She opened the invitation to their hosts, in the form of [member="Nylea Apollodor"] and [member="Nora Lithos"]. "And then we might all gain a little insight over it, mhmm?" Amaya cared not for the troubles of the men who seemed so eager to have their voices heard over one another. Rather she was more interested in having conversations with members of the Sacred Lotus and the key represenatives if not heads of state of Commenor itself.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay looked over to [member="Tanomas Graf"] as he yelled. She had to disagree with him. Not everyone was on the verge of war. Commenor wasn't for it had no enemies. It was a neutral world with Embassies from all sides. She furrowed her brows as she tried to figure out why there were no hostilities between the Embassies there, and yet there were hostilities here. Then it occured to her; it was their egos. Most of the representatives of the various governments on Commenor weren't the top brass. They weren't bottom feeders either. They were somewhere in the middle. Maybe that's why it worked.

Her attention was then brought to [member="HK-36"] as he spoke in response to [member="Veiere Arenais"] ' statement. Her body stiffened a little as the red eyes glowed in her direction. She knew those eyes, having encountered them before in her labyrinth, although the bearer of them looked quite different. Was it the same droid? That thought didn't exactly make her comfortable. She slid her hand into Veiere's as HK looked right at her, congratulating them on their coming nuptials. "Thank you...."

Kay's attention was soon brought back to [member="Amaya Verd"] as she spoke. She bowed her head with a small smile and then headed to the drink table with Veiere. Whereas most would partake in a stiff drink, Kay just poured herself some tea. It was her comfort. Sapir tea was her tea of choice, but she'd take whatever was there.

"Negotiations could be short while arguments will be long, I fear. It reminds me of many meetings of the Senate. This one should be simple, but the posturing and grudges are getting in the way." A true display of the state of the Galaxy was portrayed here today. Various pockets of aggression outlined by peaceful observers that left them to their own devices. It was sad, really.

"Hazel, it's good to see you," Bethany had said softly. Sorin excused himself, muttering something about the garden, and she smiled, nodding before turning fully to [member="Hazel Zanteres"].

"I have been meaning to talk to you about something of important," she started. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the rippling in the bark of the ch'hala trees situated around the meeting area. A warning. A little distracted, Bethany continued.

"You don't have to give me an answer now, but I would like to have you join the Council if you- I'm sorry Hazel, will you excuse me for a moment?"

She didn't mean to drop that bomb on the taller blonde. Not like that. But something slightly more pressing was occurring at the center of the gathering. And while she would have preferred to stay at the edges for now, sometimes people didn't always get what they wanted.

The diminutive woman moved up to the very edge of the expanding tensions.

Despite the growing noise, the Jedi Master's voice reached every ear. She did not shout, she didn't have to. Her eyes specifically fell on [member="Vilaz Munin"], though she addressed everyone. Her voice was firm but gentle.

"Ladies and gentlemen. There are two choices before you. Sit, and let us begin. Or leave. This place is neutral territory, and all parties agreed before setting foot here. If you are unable to share a table with the others here, then you do not belong here, and I will ask that you take your leave. However, I have faith in everyone invited here today, in your ability to put aside differences for the sake of a greater peace, at least while you are our guests here on Monastery. Mandalore, if you please, I believe the organizers have put your delegation beside mine. Will you join me?"

Emerald eyes flickered to [member="Nylea Apollodor"] , [member="Tanomas Graf"], [member="Darth Metus"] and the others counseling restraint, offering the smallest of nods in thanks and appreciation.

"Weapons were also strictly forbidden. So I expect those of you who have flouted that to either check them, as your allies here did, or leave. Again. The choice is ultimately very simple. Peace has a price, gentlemen. It always does. But the cost of the path you are moving down is greater by far."

[member="Amaya Verd"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Nora Lithos"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Lucien E. Irridius"] [member="Olivia Dem'adas"] [member="Honos Strakh"] [member="Kor Rekr"] [member="Titun"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Rashae"] [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] [member="Chip"]

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
"You too Bethany, and I apologize for not being around much as of late." After all before leaving for Dosuun, she had told Bethany that she'd only be gone for so long. Not to then suddenly disappear again soon after. Hazel gave Sorin a brief nod too as he departed, before turning her attention back to Bethany. She hadn't really gotten a chance to talk with the Jedi Master properly since she had returned, so hopefully now would be the perfect time before the negotiations got underway.

Though that plan quickly crumbled, nitially by the seemingly sudden invitation to the Council. "W-what...I-"

Which was subsequently interuptted by Vilaz Munn's shouting. Hazel's head snapped over towards the Mandalorian and sighed. She looked at Bethany and gave her a nod, knowing well enough the reason why she had to cut the conversation short.

The urge to intervene, much like it had been at Fralideja on Mustafar, rose to the surface. But it seemed liked several others had taken that up that mantle before Bethany herself could step in. Hazel remained mute however, until she suddenly heard a familiar voice suddenly speak up behind her.

"Nora? What are you-" But the Hapan quickly realized what had frightened the young Arkanian. She gave her a warm and reassuring smile. "He's...well there's going to potentially be several people here that won't quite along well with others initially. We don't know what their situations are like, one group might've wronged another lately. But it should be fine. Bethany is very capable of calming the situation down."

Hazel listened as Bethany spoke, waiting until she had finished before looking at Nora again. "Come on, you can stay by me if want." Again a small smile on her face, before she walked up to and stood beside the Jedi Master.

[member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Nylea Apollodor"] | [member="Nora Lithos"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Amaya Verd"] | [member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Olivia Dem'adas"] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] | [member="Chip"] | [member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="Lucien E. Irridius"] | [member="Honos Strakh"] | [member="Kor Rekr"] | [member="Titun"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Rashae"] | [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] | [member="HK-36"]

Veiere found himself somewhat caught by surprise at the droids interruption, though it wasn't at all a rude one, [member="HK-36"] congratulated the pair of them on their engagement and in [member="Lady Kay"] Veiere felt her sudden unease. Turning to glance to her a moment as if to gauge her reaction, she played it off well though due to their bond in the Force her emotions were as easily felt for him as his own. "Indeed, you heard correctly, thank you" Veiere responded in gratitude after Kay herself had thanked the droid too. He always felt somewhat awkward talking to droids with an ounce more personality than the typical servicing units. "Unfortunately not all of us can simply power down like you can when something doesn't go to our liking so the drink shall have to suffice" he smiled, a faint chuckle escaping him though the attempted humor with the droid might as well have gone unheard for all the amusement the mechanical counterpart likely had in Veiere's assumptions.

[member="Amaya Verd"] suggested that he lead the way and to the table, he moved and stopped at one of the chairs, soon gesturing for the women to seat themselves first before he and possibly the droid might too partake. The large table he assumed was for the peace talks themselves, hosting a great number of chairs for those expected to arrive in greater potential than was already presence, drinks of all sorts, bottles of wines and brandy's and of course, tea for Kay of whom might have died without her dear drink of choice; Veiere finally took his place after them and reached out for one of the bottles of red wine, soon pouring himself a glass and taking a sip.

It was then that Kay commented on the proceedings of the meeting, to which Veiere looked back to Amaya curious to see hear her views on the arrangements as she were in part Mandalorian though by her behavior differing far more from Vilaz' own, he soon voiced his curiousity; "I must admit, I know very little of the Mandalorian Clans or the current state of your people other than to say that Mandalorian is a culture, a great mixture of races all following a similar lifestyle. Long ago the Jedi had dealings with them, more often than not aggressive though not always resulting in conflict; I wonder what the general feeling is among your people regarding these proposed talks?".

[member="Olivia Dem'adas"] | [member="Honos Strakh"] | [member="Lucien E. Irridius"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Nora Lithos"] | [member="Nylea Apollodor"] | [member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Hazel Zanteres"] | [member="Chip"] | [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] | [member="Darth Metus"]

Faith walked into the meeting unsure of what to expect, she knew that [member="Draco Vereen"] and [member="Rashae"] lovuous where present. As she caught site of [member="HK-36"] and of [member="Lady Kay"] who had not returned her calls as of late. The Leader of the Coalition wanted to hear more about this alliance. It had great merit but it would take cooperation and understanding from everyone.

Faith had with her two of her royal guards who were already fussing about having to leave their weapons. Faith reminded them that if the only way they had to protect her was with weapons they were in trouble long before they left Alderaan. That seemed to quiet them. "Stay back and do not do anything that would jeopardize the talks." Faith then moved away as they hung back to stand along the wall, pacing their Queen as she walked.

She found her husband reclining, "Is this what you do when i'm not around?" She reached out and touched his arm. Faith's gaze fell over to where the center of all attention had fallen. "I missed something I see." She moved slightly closer if only to hear. The unexpected events often brought out the best in diplomatic ventures, this perhaps was one of those times.

She took a deep breath and listened to the words, and watched the posture of all involved.

HK-36

[member="Lady Kay"], [member="Veiere Arenais"],

Truth be told HK lost interest of Veiere pretty much as soon as the machine congratulated Kay, using the man more or less as a setup for interaction with the queen. It was almost as if the droid was some sort mechanical Gandalf, Kay was the sorceress Galadriel, and Veiere was whatever was the name of that jerk Galadriel married. Either way, the machine was silent when Veiere made his joke but then sounded out,

"Mmm, oh-ho, yes, very good."

While it seemed that HK found Veiere's words entertaining, in reality one of his other faces was watching Graf and the machine calculated what it would be like to smash a bottle over his own head and then use the broken bottleneck to cut the Imperial in lieu of using actual weapons. The pleased muttering was because the droid found the idea and projected numbers very enjoyable, the timing just matched up with Veiere's quip.

The council of what? A terrified Nora made a note on her pad about it and went back to staring at the loud Mandalorian and the scene that played out before them to make further notes about what was going on. This was in the end what she had been asked to do and she wasn’t going to let one of her mentors down simply because she was afraid. Sure, the handwriting might have been a bit shaken, but notes were being made. She was by most means technically still fulfilling the task she had been handed. Technically.

[member="Hazel Zanteres"] and Nora both watched as [member="Bethany Kismet"] set the terms for the talks, the do’s and don’ts as well as the weapon policy. The white-haired girl nodded in approval, it made sense to her and before she could really do much she found that the blonde meat shield that she had found — just in case — had found out about her clever scheme to hide behind her back just in case it all went wrong. A brief moment of shame washed over Nora as Hazel turned around to question her. Eyes set for the floor before she could even see the smile on Hazel’s lips. It wasn’t until the offer to follow close by that Nora would see it at which point, well, it was too late to really do anything to acknowledge it.

She nodded and brought her pad up to her chest to hold it close by and make further notes on what was going on. She would have made it a point to ask Hazel about the ‘council’ she was invited to, but at the same time that would mean that Nora would indirectly admit to having eavesdropped on the doctor as she spoke to her friend. It had gotten her into trouble with her mother before. The girl should have learned by now, but part of her just couldn’t help it, and it wasn’t as if she was the gossiping kind!

… She would guard this potential secret and grave mistake to her death.

There also seemed to be invitation to go elsewhere from [member="Amaya Verd"], or simply doing something else. In truth Nora had only caught part of what she asked of her. The stylus in her hand pointed towards the meeting and the scenes that played out with a slacking jaw. She really should be making notes, she was here on business for her mentor. She couldn’t take the time to herself right now.

Her head darted back and forth between the invitation and the people arguing.

“Sorry.” The girl sucked in a breath through her teeth to show her disappointment. “Sorry, sorry, sorry.”

"All of you shut up and listen." Stepping forward to stand properly at the head of the section designated for her people, Keira looked across those gathered with a gaze impassive on the surface but brimming with frustration beneath. Briefly she glanced to [member="Vilaz Munin"] with a look in her eyes that indicated they would be speaking later before her attention once more turned outwards to those present. "When I was invited to these talks, I was under the impression that those at the head of major galactic powers were capable of convening without resorting to bickering like children within the first ten minutes of sharing the same space, but unfortunately it seems I was mistaken. I have seen better conduct among the ade."

Everything about her save her eyes was unnaturally calm, but this time there was no danger of the glass shattering. Truthfully she was here simply to talk and did wish for things to proceed peacefully, and she was willing to do all in her power to assure that. "If we're all quite done pointing fingers over proper etiquette, I believe it's about time to begin. I would first like to extend thanks to the Silver Lotus for offering to host the meet, and for their continued patience in dealing with all that has transpired here already." Truly, the Jedi contained more patience than she would ever be capable of personally mustering. It was no wonder she had never fit in among their orders and codes.

"Now, the Mando'ade are grateful for this opportunity to discuss peace as opposed to war, regardless of how poorly we are able to demonstrate it. My next thanks goes to all of the powers that find themselves here willing to come to an accord that will hopefully satisfy both parties. It is refreshing to gather in peacetime rather than meeting each other on the next battlefield." She spoke with a tone as level as that of any other politician, but there was a certain inflection and way she held herself that hearkened to the warrior she would always be. Eloquent though she may have been, she had a way of getting directly to the point when it became necessary.

"If all is settled, I believe we are prepared to properly open these talks. Are there any opening statements the rest of you gathered would like to make?"

[member="Nora Lithos"], [member="HK-36"], [member="Faith Organa"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Hazel Zanteres"], [member="Bethany Kismet"], [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Amaya Verd"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Tanomas Graf"], [member="Lucien E. Irridius"], [member="Darth Metus"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay let [member="Veiere Arenais"] speak to [member="Amaya Verd"] while she kept her attention on [member="HK-36"] . She sipped her tea and though she was watching the droid, she wasn't staring. In fact she was trying to avert her eyes to others, even her tea cup itself. She hated the feeling of being watched and scrutinized. Most especially if HK was who she thought he was.

[member="Faith Organa"] walked in. Kay recognized her from some old holo-news reels that she studied, but that was about it. Memories of her friends were removed from her conscious during her captivity and torture. So she didn't know her at all. Only memories of herself and Veiere were remembered, but that came with help through the Force Bond that they shared. There were many that she couldn't remember, and it annoyed her greatly.

[member="Keira Ticon"] spoke up then, urging everyone to sit down and make opening statements. Given that Commenor was probably the smallest in political clout here, she held off from speaking for the moment.

To hell with them all.

Was the Munin's thought process of those within the chambers from all that was going on. From what it looked like to his eyes, it just seemed they did not care for anyone but themselves and their peace talks. Did Vilaz agree to neutrality when coming to Monastery? He did and honored it, but honoring his own people was much greater than honoring those that were not a part of his culture and therefore meant nothing to him. Just like how the Mandalorians meant nothing them as well.

"Since when did we became conformists," the Mand'alor asked which was both directed to Keira and Isley. Unlike them, he did not uphold whatever standard of pleasing foreigners when they had done nothing for them in the past. All save for the Order of the Silver Lotus, but the Imperial atrocity on Myrkr was much more important than their good deed on Mandalore.

His right hand pointed at the rat of Irridus and looked at both of his subordinates. "Tell me what matters more. Our fallen or these meaningless people?" But there was a meaning for that right hand aiming at Irridus. While Vilaz didn't carry any grenades, combat knives, or any handheld firearms on himself he did still had his armament on his armor. His right gauntlet carried a dart launcher and was loaded with a saberdart that contained a certain poison to his liking.

Then inside his helmet he became inaudible those around him as he made a command to his weapons system.

"Dart."

And then a quick, yet silent dart was shot out from his dart launcher and was racing for the Imperial.

[member="Darth Metus"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Lucien E. Irridus"] [member="Amaya Verd"] [member="Tanomas Graf"] [member="Nora Lithos"] [member="Bethany Kismet"] [member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] @whoeverelseImissed

People from everywhere had flocked around [member="Vilaz Munin"], but it didn't seem to have calmed him down. [member="Darth Metus"] approached her and apologized for the outburst of his ally, to which she simply nodded. Her eyes were still fixed on the aggressive one, making sure he wouldn't go through with his original plan. The thing that stuck out in particular was how [member="Bethany Kismet"], despite not raising her voice, was able to reach out her message so easily. The nod of appreciation that was sent certain people's ways, including her own, caused her to nod back in a way that implied she was simply trying to do what was right. Keeping the peace was never easy, but she would never stop trying.

Then the Force screamed out at her. The malicious intent of the man in front of her flared up and in a flash he shot out a dart towards [member="Lucien E. Irridius"] who had been the target of the aggressive Mandalorian. There was no way to stop the trajectory of the dart in time, especially considering the Echani did not carry her lightsaber. She saw only one way of preventing the imperial from being hit and so she took that avenue. She jumped sideways in front of the projectile, hitting her in the shoulder. She fell down to the ground immediately, the dart sticking out of where it had hit her, and in a matter of second a flaring pain came from where she was hit. It was unbearable and Nylea did everything she could to remain calm, but she slowly felt something shift. As the agony quickly spread to the rest of her body she screamed out, but that was only the beginning of her suffering.

Flashes of her past invaded her mind, confronting her with the things she had done in the past. She had embraced the Dark Side against her will, she had killed, she had done things that still haunted her. During those days pain fueled her being, and even though she had learned to shed that the incredible amount of suffering she felt was too much to keep under control. She struggled to keep her inner Darkness at bay, but it was quickly turning into a losing battle. Nylea's eyes slammed shut and her muscles tensed as the world around her simply seemed to fade out of existence the now hidden irises of the woman slowly displaying a corrupted sulphur. Part of her wanted to lash out around her, make the man who had shot the projectile suffer, but another part called out to her to not let it happen again. You made a vow to never kill again, to never let the Dark Side control you again. Don't let it grasp you.

|| [member="Lady Kay"] // [member="Vilaz Munin"] // [member="Aedan Miles"] // [member="Darth Metus"] // [member="Nylea Apollodor"] ||
|| [member="Amaya Verd"] // [member="Hazel Zanteres"] // [member="Veiere Arenais"] // [member="Olivia Dem'adas"] ||
|| [member="Honos Strakh"] // [member="Lucien E. Irridius"] // [member="Tanomas Graf"] //[member="Keira Ticon"] ||
An arm had been raised, Nylea had stepped in the way and within seconds there were screams of agony sounding off into the gardens. Nora felt her eyes dart between Hazel and the Mandalorian that seemingly had fired something at the girl. Her breathing grew faster and before she knew it she had already pushed her datapad and stylus into Hazel’s arms in order to rush to the scene before her. There was fear and then there was instinctive suicide. The same second that the girl had set off towards the echani woman she felt the creeping sensation that she had just committed herself to the latter kicked in.

Adrenaline helped her push people aside to kneel besides Nylea. A quick and panicked inspection showed nothing, she seemed to be fine. Legs, fine. Pelvis, fine. Torso, fine. Head, fine. The symptoms seemed to indicate extreme pain, but Nora felt nothing come to mind. She took a deep breath to re-focus on the woman on the ground before her.

Legs were still fine, so was pelvis…

That was a dart sticking clear as day out of her shoulder.

“Oh boy. Feth. Okay.” Nora stared at the dart, quite unaware what it was that she was dealing with. A quick glare, the bitter stare of a scrawny looking Arkanian staring deep into the visors of the man who had fired it.

Scum. At a peace meeting no less.

Her lips thinned and she turned her attention back to the dart. She wasn’t the right person for this, not by a long shot but she had acted up regardless. The realization of her mistake was kicking in but she was in too deep to stop it now.

“Nylea has been hit by some kind of dart.” Nora told whoever was the closest to her.

Hazel Zanteres

Hazel had remained by [member="Bethany Kismet"]'s side, but her eyes were firmly fixed on [member="Vilaz Munin"]'s armored form. It was clear to her and anyone else in the room that the man wasn't going to budge or back down at all. Karking Mandalorians. The events in Fralideja played out in the Hapan's mind, the riot, Joza and her trying to calm them. Then Vilaz and his Aka'liit rolled up and immediately raised their weapons, barking orders. It was a saving grace that they were ultimately kicked out of the city, otherwise she was sure the Mandalorians wouldn't have had any issue gunning them down.

And that was a crowd of anger civilians, defending their home out of anger and fear. Who knows what would happen if a fight broke out with everyone in here, in the confined space of the courtyard.

She kept her attention on Vilaz, but listened to what [member="Keira Ticon"] had to say. Which Hazel was relieved to see that at least one of their delegation wasn't ruled by their pride.

Then out of the corner of her eye she saw [member="Nylea Apollodor"] suddenly move, in the wake of Vilaz holding one of his gauntlets up. Hazel's senses went on high alert, suspecting easily enough what the Mandalorian was about to do. She went to move, but [member="Nora Lithos"] beat her too it - pushing her datapad and stylus into her hands before making a dash for Nylea.

"Nora, what are yo-" The words died on her lips as she saw what the Arkanian was doing. She silently cursed for potentially rushing into danger, but was also proud the younger woman was taking the initiative.

Hazel moved, shoving Nora's stuff into an inner coat pocket before rushing over to the two women. She just about caught Nora's statement that it was a dart.

"Nylea? Can you hear me?" Hazel knelt down before the Echani, placing a gentle hand on the woman's shoulder. She tried to look at her eyes, but Nylea was keeping them closed, squinting in pain along with her enter body shaking too. Hazel eyed the dart, her mind running through a number of possibilities, but quickly assumed it was a poison or toxin given the nature of the man who had fired it. She shared a look with Nora, giving the younger woman a quick instruction to remove the dart. Then she turned, standing to her full height and looked at Vilaz.

"Tell me. What was in the dart." Her tone was short and sharp, a cold, disappointed look in her eyes as she stared the man down. Treating Nylea would be a lot simplier if the Mandalorian had the decency to reveal the information. Otherwise it was going to be a process of trying to narrow down what was injected and combating it.

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Amaya Verd"] | [member="Olivia Dem'adas"] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] | [member="Chip"] | [member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="Lucien E. Irridius"] | [member="Honos Strakh"] | @Kor Rekr | [member="Titun"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Rashae"] | [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] | [member="HK-36"]​

HK-36

[member="Keira Ticon"]

"All of you shut up and listen."

At Keira's words the machine elicited a gasp, or what sounded like a machine trying to imitate a gasp, as he muttered out for those around him to hear,

"Why I hardly never, this is most unorthodox."

But besides the quip he actually stayed silent, and why he didn't exactly like how the message was framed he did agree with its purpose and central meaning. So before Keira would even finished speaking the droid moved silently towards the table, pulling up himself a chair by where the Free Worlds Coalition representatives were sitting, or going to sit, and plopped down next to [member="Faith Organa"], [member="Draco Vereen"], [member="Rashae"] and [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"], his black cloak wrapping around him like a pair of bat's wings.

[member="Hazel Zanteres"], [member="Nora Lithos"], [member="Nylea Apollodor"],

HK saw the dart fly from [member="Vilaz Munin"]'s wrist, time slowed in his vision as his fast trackers picked up on the subtle movement through the air, projecting its trajectory towards the Imperial. The droid could have probably stopped it, his reflexes were quick enough, he actually brought some gadgets along with him much like the Mandalore did, but seeing how the Imperial was the intended target, the droid did not bother.

That was until the young Echani stood up to get in the dart's path,

Bloody Lotus Philanthropists

The machine calculated to himself as he shot up, standing up quickly, his metal body hitting the table they were all sitting by and causing it to rock as he moved around the furniture to move closer to the wounded girl, his cloak swishing about to his movements, perhaps getting into someone's drink by accident, his tall armored body shifting to tower above Hazel, Nora, and Nylea, his head spinning slowly as each of the three faces scanned the dart.

"Devaronian blood-poison."

The droid informed Hazel about the result of his scans before Mandalore could answer,

"I have use- I have seen it before."

He quickly corrected himself as he reached out with his armored hands and moved the six fingers into a weird gesture,

"It is not exactly fetal to a strong enough body, but if it will run through the veins it will be the most painful experience of her life, which in turn could cause a lethal shock. I can remove it right away, but that will be painful as well. Of course the longer we wait the more agony she will experience."

Either way Nylea wasn't in the best place of her life, that's what happens when one helps other people.

[member="Lady Kay"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Bethany Kismet"],

At first it seemed her words had garnered the desired reaction, and that everything would be continuing peaceably from here. A majority of those present finally seemed to realize their true purpose in coming here, finally properly seating themselves in order to begin. It was something she was thankful for, as she had long since tired of the petty squabbling and constant back-and-forth that had overcome most political dealings in her life. All she had wanted was for this venue to be different in that regard, and to finally have achieved it allowed her to relax just a fraction. Now, if only those on her side of the table could finally find it in themselves to remove the stick from their shebs, then maybe some sort of treaty would be brought about.

Unfortunately, she had forgotten to account for one simple fact: [member="Vilaz Munin"] still existed.

The Force screamed danger and in an instant she moved, but the Jedi were faster, with [member="Nylea Apollodor"] stepping between the Mand'alor and the Grand Admiral, using her own body as a shield. Keira let those others worry about healing the girl, as medicine was far from her expertise. There was, however, one thing she was good at, and that was violence. With her cybernetic left arm she reached up in an effort to seize him by the throat in that vice grip, turning and slamming him up against the trunk of one of the nearby trees should she succeed. If she'd been armed he would have had a blade to his throat, but her cybernetic was a weapon in its own right, one piece of her arsenal she was unable to part with, as it was intrinsically a part of her.

"If you are quite done, I think it's time for you to leave. You've already proven to everyone how incompetent you are, and I don't think we need any more proof. Now, I'm going to give you a choice. You're either going to walk away quietly, or I'm going to make sure that you do. Now, go on. What will it be?"

[member="HK-36"], [member="Hazel Zanteres"], [member="Nora Lithos"], [member="Lucien E. Irridius"], [member="Lady Kay"]

The colours in the trunks of the trees around them shifted and warped in alarm.

Bethany saw it all happening and could do nothing to stop it.

Even as she refocused her attention, moving swiftly to [member="Nylea Apollodor"] 's side, [member="Michael Sardun"] and his Journeymen stepped in. Once words translated to deeds, there was nothing more to be done.

[member="Vilaz Munin"] had made his choice. And that choice barred him from being welcome on Monastery. Her rules were simple. Sanctuary had been aptly named, and violence was not welcome in these halls. He had agreed, and broken that covenant.

So much for the honor of the Mandalore.

She looked up at him as she knelt beside Nylea, just once. There was no masking the disappointment on her face before she turned away.

"Devaronian blood poison, that helps, thank you," Bethany murmured to [member="HK-36"], her eyes moving to the girl's face.

"Hazel? Nora? Could you hold her hands please? Just to let her know you're there."

Shifting around, Bethany sat and settled Nylea's head into her lap. They would need to get her to the medical wing, but this wouldn't wait. Couldn't wait. Emerald eyes closed and she drew on the Force.

For Bethany, there was no reaching out necessary, no seeking. The Force was simply there, always, guiding, waiting, warm and connecting.

"Nylea, I'm going to remove the poison," she whispered into the woman's hair. "Thank you, for your actions, but now it's our turn."

There were a dozen different ways to approach a poison in the blood. All with different potential outcomes. This one, however, required certain things before she would do it. As HK had said, simply removing it could cause even more pain. Carefully, deliberately, Bethany reached out with the Force and into Nylea. Morichro, while more often used by it's few practitioners in combat situations, in truth had a much wider functionality. She shifted through the girl's body, shutting down the pain receptors first. The damage was still being done, but so much of that was connected to the body's nervous system and the agony the poison caused. By shutting that down first, it took much of the risks involved with simple removal and laid them to rest.

It was also, in her mind, a kindness.

Only once the gritted teeth relaxed, and the tension in her face smoothed, did Bethany start on the poison itself. She moved through her system, shepherding the toxin, encasing it in the Force as she drew it along. It had not reaching every vein yet, but it took so little time for the heart to move blood around a body, and this was a work of precision.

Bethany and Nylea were vulnerable in this moment, all of the former's attention on the inner workings of the later's body. Everything outside of that pair ceased to exist for the Jedi Master in those minutes.

[member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Nora Lithos"] [member="Tanomas Graf"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Amaya Verd"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Lucien E. Irridius"] [member="Olivia Dem'adas"] [member="Honos Strakh"] [member="Titun"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Rashae"] [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] [member="Chip"] [member="Faith Organa"] @Anyone I missed, sorry!

Hazel Zanteres

Whether @Vilaz Munn would've answered or not, he was beaten to it by [member="HK-36"] . She had spotted the droid earlier, and had found his presence odd but also interesting. So she was surprised when she looked as he named the poison and described it. Hazel had managed to catch his small mistake, but she said nothing about it. There were more important matters right now.

"Thank you." She said, giving HK-36 a grateful nod. With the poison's name mind, Hazel knew what had to be done and it seemed [member="Bethany Kismet"] did as she pulled [member="Nylea Apollodor"]'s head onto her lap.

Hazel took the Echani's left hand, leaving the right for [member="Nora Lithos"] to take ahold of. The Hapan gently brushed a finger across the back of Nylea's hand, a calming gesture if the woman was able to feel it through the pain.

She listened to Bethany whispering, informing Nylea on what she was intending to do. Hazel knew there needed to be something more, if Bethany was going to remove the poison then healing would be required too.

So Hazel grasped Nylea's hand further. Wrapping both her hands under and over it. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Unlike Bethany though, Hazel required a connection, a tether to the Force to call upon. She repeated what she had once done before, to save Mishel Ren. Hazel opened herself to the Force, allowed the Light that flowed through Monastery in. Her hands began steadily glowing, a warm yellow colour that gradually spread over to Nylea's body.

The Hapan's healing followed in the wake of Bethany's efforts to move the poison. It trailed behind, mending the damage the toxin had inflicted on Nylea's body. At least, as much as Hazel could manage.

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Amaya Verd"] | [member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Olivia Dem'adas"] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] | [member="Chip"] | [member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="Lucien E. Irridius"] | [member="Honos Strakh"] | @Kor Rekr | [member="Titun"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Rashae"] | [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]​

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
The Journeymen were a group of mixed philosophy banded together under a singular belief.

That you could not simply heal everything around you and expect it to be fine.

More often than not it damaged more than it helped, but that was a discussion for a different time. The sheer existence of the Journeymen were a consistent point of contention between Kismet and himself, but more often than not Sardun won in those debates. There needed to be a bulwark that stood between the Sacred Lotus' effort to assist without judgement and the entirety of the Galaxy, who thrived on that same judgement.

They were ghosts, shadows on the wall, until they were needed.... such as now.

Almost as one the various Journeymen - not exclusively Jedi, there were Jensaarai, Matukai, there was even a Baran Do among them - stepped into the situation. They worked in unison, but for the most part their attention was fixated towards acting as a buffer between the two offending delegations: the Mandalorians and the Empire.

Two of his Journeymen immediately took a stand next to Bethany while she was healing the young lady who had acted so decisively.

"Lord Mandalore." A heavy voice sounded firmly as Sardun stepped into his line of sight. "An accord was reached between you and yours, the other delegates and the Sacred Lotus itself."

In truth Sardun empathized somewhat with the young Mandalore. He wasn't a supporter of this Galactic Empire and would rather have wiped them and their tyranny off the map, but this was not about him or his personal feelings. It was about the duty that had become his creed for the past year now.

A man did not get to pick and choose the parts of his oath that he liked.

It was all or nothing.

"I am here to escort you to your ship. You are no longer welcome here. Will you come peacefully?"

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Amaya Verd"] | [member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Olivia Dem'adas"] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] | [member="Chip"] | [member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="Lucien E. Irridius"] | [member="Honos Strakh"] | [member="Hazel Zanteres"] | [member="Titun"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Rashae"] | [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] | [member="Hazel Zanteres"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom