Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Future

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Together with Kahlil, she stood inside the shuttle as it approached the New Cov Landing pad, and out through the window, the two could see the Bastion waiting there for them. It was the closest thing to a home they now had, and Vera was waiting for them inside. She could feel her, and Kahlil could too — their daughter was safe, and that's what mattered most to any parent. But to finally see it after such a difficult battle, and the recovery from some serious injuries... it made Valery a little emotional.

Stepping back, she leaned against him for comfort and flexed her fingers a bit; the cybernetic replacements in particular. They looked like normal fingers, they felt like normal fingers to others, but it was still a strange feeling to her. One that Kahlil likely shared with his arm.

"You know, for a moment back on Teta... I was so scared I'd never see you two again," she said as she reached for his hand and gently squeezed it, right as the shuttle came to a stop on the landing pad, a ramp lowered and the two were given the freedom to depart and meet up with Vera again. "It's good to finally be back with her," she heard her own voice crack and looked up at him with teary eyes.

With their apartment destroyed and the future a little less certain, they were going to have to talk about a few things. Their plans in life, mostly. But first, it was time for them to hug their daughter and bring the family back together. So with that in mind, she looked at him with a smile, took his hand, and gestured to get moving to the Bastion.

Kahlil_Div2.png

It was his first time actually having cybernetics. His family was adamant that any lost limb be replaced with one of real flesh, be it through alchemy or science, to keep the flow of the Force proper. Cybernetics were limiting to many Sith abilities. How annoyed would his father be if he knew of the machine that now made his left hand. Well, no. His father wouldn't care, not right now. But when Kahlil was still a vessel?

Likely pissed. He chuckled. Yeah, he could take some pride in that.

Kahlil frowned, though, glancing to Valery Noble Valery Noble . There was.. His gaze was focused, but there were words he wanted to say he wasn't sure how. A part of him that he kept blocked from her in their bond so he might better think through it, less he said something he wouldn't mean and certainly regret. First, though. They needed to see Vera. He squeezed Valery's hand, nodding.

"Let's go see her."

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Looking up at him, she could tell something was on his mind and struggled to put it into words. Even through their bond, she couldn't tell what it was, so it was likely important. It worried her a little, causing a brief frown on her own face, but she figured he'd bring it up when the time was right, and he felt ready to talk about it.

Right now though, it was time to see Vera.

Slowly, the ramp of the Bastion came down after they had walked up to it and given the signal, and they would immediately be greeted by the nursery droid Valery had instructed to go here. As much crap as Valery gave the droid at times, she was visibly happy with how it had followed her instructions. It meant that Vera was kept safe at all times, here with the Jedi at New Cov.

"Mommy, daddy!" a voice called out seconds later, and their 3-year-old came sprinting past the droid and directly for them. With her arms swinging up and down, she went straight for her father, hoping he'd lift her up into his arms the way he always did. Valery watched, felt her lips tremble a little, and joined the two with a warm smile.

"Hey sweetie, we missed you so much," Valery said before glancing at Kahlil. "Why don't we get inside and get comfortable?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil didn't hesitate. He was a bundle of emotions as he lifted Vera up, hugging her to his chest as tightly as he dared without hurting her. Valery Noble Valery Noble had said Vera was off world, escaped. But that parental part of him worried none the less. Until he saw her, he always would. "Hey little star. You have fun with Brenda?" Brenda being the nanny droid that was currently hovering close by.

He glanced to Valery, watching her for another moment longer. Then stepped over. "I think mama needs a hug. Can you give her a hug little star?"

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery was all smiles and sniffed a few times when Kahlil lifted their daughter and called her a little star. To see them hug and to know the family was safely back together was enough to really bring out all the emotions.

"I did, daddy. She read me stories!" Vera giggled innocently and then looked at Valery at her father's question. "Why is mommy sad?" she asked, having noticed the tears in Valery's eyes. With her little arms stretched out, she went in for a hug with Valery, who hugged her daughter tightly against her chest as well.

"Mommy just missed you a lot, sweetie," Valery said with a calm, motherly tone.

She then looked up at Kahlil and kept eye contact for a moment, before she stepped into the Bastion and dropped down on the Couch. With Kahlil hopefully sitting down beside her, she let Vera move around freely between them. But after she got back to her father's lap, she seemed to have lost a lot of her energy, and just plopped down against his chest, her little arms trying to reach around for a hug.

"She hasn't been sleeping well, Masters Noble," Brenda said after following them inside. "Stories helped but she will sleep better with you both back here."

"Thank you, Brenda. I appreciate your help a lot," Valery said as she watched Vera slowly fall asleep in her husband's arms. But after a moment, she looked up at Kahlil again with a look that made her thoughts quite clear:

What's on your mind, love?

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil was silent for a bit. Just holding Vera to his chest, gently petting her head as she seemed to drift off. That tired, huh? He smiled, just watching her. Here with Valery Noble Valery Noble , this was all he wanted. But as he glanced to his new mechanical hand, he could tell it wasn't going to be forever. Nothing was. We need to decide what will happen to Vera if we both die. Neither of us can just sit back when people need our help. .. If you die, if I die, she'll be alone. My family can never have her, and yours.. It worries me greatly that we might not have someone we can trust to look out for her if we're ever gone.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Listening to him, Valery shifted in her seat and frowned,
"If we both die while she's still young, I have one close friend who I trust with her. She's currently pregnant herself, so she'd be able to take care of a kid. She also protected Vera and me during my pregnancy," she said before she went quiet for a moment and looked down at the floor.

"But I don't want us to be thinking like this. There will be a day that we're not here anymore, but..." she sighed and kept her gaze turned away.

"We'll be alright. One day, I'm leaving the Jedi life behind me, and I hope you will too, so we can focus on each other and our family. Until then, we do what we must but I'm not letting anything tear our family apart."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Oh, Valery Noble Valery Noble had more friends than he initially thought. He'd have to meet whoever this was, at some point. But only one thing was on his mind. The last thing she said. He couldn't hide his surprise, staring wide eyed at her as he kept Vera cradled to his chest. Then, after a moment, he just smiled. Nodded. "I'd like that."

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

The smile and his response meant a lot to her, perhaps more than he'd instantly be able to tell. But she quickly smiled in return, leaned over, and took a moment to pull him into a gentle kiss. It was the kind she could have last forever, but she did eventually break it to speak again while she remained close.

"Nothing would hurt more than something happening to this family, so I'd like that as well one day. It'll be a long time before I'm ready for it, but it'll be nice. Watch Vera grow old and maybe we make some more Nobles one day, hm?" she chuckled and playfully nudged him before she leaned back and looked at their daughter, who was passed out in her father's arms.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Eh?

Kahlil blinked slowly. Then blushed. More Nobles? He wasn't even sure how to react, even to the kiss Valery Noble Valery Noble gave him. His gaze just drifted to Vera, watching her sleeping form. More Nobles? More kids. He'd sigh after a moment, smiling faintly as he kept his eyes on their daughter.

"I'm sure Vera would love having some siblings.."

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"I think so too, but when the time is right," Valery said as she glanced down at their sleeping daughter with a soft smile. No matter what happened in the Galaxy, she always seemed so peaceful and innocent. It's what she needed when things got tough.

"Part of me thinks it's not wise to get more while we're still both acting as Jedi," she said before a slight frown appeared, and her tone turned a bit more serious. "I also would want you to promise me that you'll be with me during the pregnancy. I can't go through all that without you close again..."

She looked into his eyes, "Maybe if you end up retiring; or at least you'd have to stay away from frontlines for a while. Stay close to home." That last word caused a spark in her eyes as well. "Speaking of home... we need to think about that again too."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil nodded slowly. Yeah, while they were both still Jedi, no more kids. Not yet. Trying to do both lives was difficult enough with Vera. Keeping his emotions in check, too, if what happened on Teta was any indication. Though he blinked, turning his gaze back to Valery Noble Valery Noble . Then smiled. He'd lean over, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Not even death will stop me from being by your side again, Valery."

Home? Ah, yeah. He was pretty sure he saw a bomb blow up their apartment when the bombers came by. "Something more permanent. We should find a world secluded. Safe."

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"You better not die on me," she said with a frown — she knew there was always the chance of it happening with both of them being Jedi, but it was still an incredibly upsetting thought. So when the conversation shifted away to their home situation, she seemed somewhat relieved and looked around the ship.

"For now, I think we can live on the Bastion. We have what we need here," she said before sighing, "I really thought Empress Teta would be safe... it's why I picked that planet of all options. Maybe we need to get as far away from the Maw as we can."

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"I hope so," she began to smile a little again, albeit weakly, as their heads remained connected for a moment. While she wasn't in the happiest of moods, it at least had a calming effect on her. They still had each other, they had their daughter and even though their work was incredibly dangerous, she felt confident they would get through it together.

"So, what's next? I'm sure we'll be called to help at Tython soon but we have some time." She looked at him for some answers again, as she felt uncertain herself. Was there more to discuss, time to relax or was there something she was forgetting...

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Next we put little Vera here to bed, then have some dinner." Tython wasn't even on Kahlil's radar. Not right now. Valery Noble Valery Noble wasn't super human. Neither was he. He just smiled as he stood up, cradling their daughter in one arm as he held out a hand for her to take. "Then maybe we watch a movie. Binge a show. Sound fun?"

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

There was a sparkle in the woman's eyes when he made the offer, and it seemed her mood just instantly brightened up as well. She took his hand to pull herself up to her feet and stood close to both him and their daughter, a wide smile on her lips.
"That sounds perfect, love. Let's get our little star here comfy and I'll cook something up today?"

"Then you can take care of breakfast tomorrow."

Valery then raised herself on her tiptoes to press a quick kiss against his cheek, "We'll have some fun tonight as well; it's been too long with all the fighting and traveling." She winked, leaned in to kiss Vera on the forehead, and made her way over to the kitchen while he'd take care of their daughter.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Sounds like a plan, love." He'd give Valery Noble Valery Noble a loving smile before wandering off to put Vera to sleep. Living here in the Bastion, huh? It was like a small apartment, that's how he made it in the first place. Long before ever meeting Valery. His eyes lingered on their sleeping daughter, just watching her sleep. Did she mind? If they traveled without laying roots, would she be upset? Happy? Being able to explore the galaxy but not having a place to have consistent friends?

Kahlil let out a sigh as he left the room, rubbing at the back of his neck. Maybe it'd be fine. Not like there was much of a choice at this point. If Kaahlil came back around, well.

"Mm. Smells good Val." He yawned and stretched, flexing his mechanical hand some in the process. That was something else he'd have to get used to still. He paused, staring at the synthflesh palm before grinning and stepping behind Valery to rest his chin atop her head.

"Whatcha makin?"

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

While Kahlil brought their daughter to bed, Valery stepped into the kitchen and took a moment to herself while she got everything ready to prepare dinner. So much was happening all at once in the Galaxy, which made it difficult for her to have these moments alone or with just her family to relax.

So Valery was enjoying this and began to happily hum a tune while she cooked.

A few minutes later, she heard footsteps behind her and already began to smirk before he was even close. His chin rested on the top of her head, and she leaned back into him a little,
"Making chicken wraps," she said with a happy tone of voice. "Something simple we can take to the couch and eat while we relax."

Valery looked over her shoulder and grinned, "Why don't you get comfortable and I'll join you in a minute?" she asked as she laid the wraps out on two plates and began to fill them up.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Mmnope." Kahlil wrapped his arms around Valery Noble Valery Noble 's waist, holding her. Uncaring on how hard it might make her cooking. He was all smiles of course, but even if he wanted to hide it he knew he couldn't. They'd both gotten hurt. Lost parts of themselves. He was more used to it, sure, but her fingers, his arm. His smile settled to a thin line as he hid his face in her hair.

"This is comfier than the couch."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom