Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future is Now (Training with Krest)

Rafeesh had watched Sabrina take off her hood and veil, he now understood why he recognized her from somewhere. "Sabrina..." He said under his breath. Then he changed his attention to [member="Darth Ferus"]; he activated one of his lightsaber blades, he had a double bladed lightsaber. Then he looked over at Sabrina, he kept the saber at full strength, Rafeesh didn't plan on going easy. He remembered how the Old Sith trained, if one failed he would die, not that Rafeesh was planning on killing anyone, not yet.
He was too distracted by knowing who Sabrina was to fight effectively. "When this is done, you will not escape." He made a promise to himself that he doubted he could keep at this point. "Wait, think. How did she get here? How could she have survived all these years? Sith Sorcery, Sith Alchemy. I would ask but she would rather kill me than share such knowledge..... Come now, do you really think Sabrina was that powerful? She never showed that intent of an interest into the magic of the Sith.... It matters not, she will pay." He thought all to himself.

sabrina

Sabrina started getting a weird vibe, of [member="Rafeesh"] it confused her, she never met this man before. She got ready to attack, her saber powered low, so she would not injure, him too much. She then did a fake lunge on him, hoping he would parry it. So she could, then whip round, his blade, and then attack him properly.
[member="Darth Ferus"]

Rafeesh side-stepped to the right of [member="sabrina"] lunge, making him on Sabrina's left. He made a slash at Sabrina as she finished passing him. "Remember the Code, Peace is a lie..." As he went on thinking through the Sith Code to himself his anger began to rise.

Sabrina stepped back against his attack, but part of realized, he was getting angry. She decide, to try and the end this, before it goes too far. She decide to use a trick, [member="Darth Veles"], had taught her. She used the force, to grab a table, and throw it at him. Whilst table, came behind, she would do a low sweep. So if ducked he, or turned, the lightsaber would hit him. If jumped, the table would hit him....
[member="Rafeesh"]

Rafeesh was incredibly angry, the reciting of the Sith code over and over had riled him up. He first stopped the table with a Force grip, very clumsily so that is fell soon after its momentum stopped. At the same time he tried to deflect Sabrina's slash, however he was too slow and her strike caught one leg before his saber crashed into hers. He winced, his eyes tearing up from the pain, but he continued. "If you fail a second time then your weakness will be evermore known."

Rafeesh decided to try and take the offensive again, he activated his second lightsaber blade. With a single movement he tried to sweep [member="Sabrina Kotass"]'s lightsaber up over her head using his own while his other hand went out to deliver a cruel punch into Sabrina's side.

sabrina

Sabrina winced in pain, Arghh was the noise she made, as she toppled over, she realized some thing. That he did not, realize this was training, as if her lightsaber, was on full power. She would sliced off, his legs, and then killed him. She looked up at him, as she landed, and then reached out with the force, she felt around his neck, and then began to crush it. She had no intention, of killing him, from her previous masters, she had learned to control it. Though she did intend, to take wind out of him, so to end the duel. Before she was forced, to turn her lightsaber on to full power, to defend herself.

[member="Rafeesh"] [member="Darth Ferus"]

Rafeesh felt his breath being constricted. His lightsaber turned off as he felt to his throat for a moment. Then releasing that it was [member="sabrina"] who was choking him. He could feel the pain in his neck and his leg increasing as he struggled. But he would not let go, he remembered the time when he had been able to wield such moves with more power than this. He also remembered Sabrina being much more powerful than this. "She must think she may play with me at her will. I shall show the error of her ways." He thought.
Rafeesh bent down towards Sabrina, intent on picking her up by the throat; to show her that her tricks would not work. However he did not reach his hand out; his vision blurred as he stopped breathing. He fell the ground, gasping lightly. He now understood that she had beaten him at this point, but he wouldn't give up not yet.

In the hope that she would stop he tried to make it appear as if he had fainted. He was incapable of doing much and so he forced his muscles to go limp and his mind to slow, just enough so that he appeared to have fainted (only to the untrained eye would he look like he had fainted, a true medic would easily see through the facade).

The Zabrak sighed. He watched both [member="Rafeesh"] and [member="sabrina"] go at it once again, simply waiting for a winner. Maybe his words were a bit confusing. Darth Ferus wanted them to work together and attack -him-, not compete for.. What ever it was they were competing for. But the Darth new better then to interrupt a duel, no matter what the reason was behind it. He'd figure out something to give the winner.

He watched as his fellow Zabrak fell, a bemused smile forming on his face. Well, that certainly wasn't expected. He'd wait for the girl to act before speaking up though.

Sabrina let him go, she did not press her attack, she had no intention of killing him. She then turned to [member="Darth Ferus"], and said I am sorry my lord, I can not train with him. He hates me, and I do not understand why, but since he is your student. I feel I should go, as I am nearing end of my training, and he has only just begun his. Sabrina was preparing to leave, once she had permission.

[member="Rafeesh"]

Rafeesh stood, his breathing quickly returned to normal; he heard what Sabrina had said. He had hoped she would continue the attack, instead she gave in as soon as she believed her opponent was defeated. He wished he could run behind her, end her miserable life, and leave her as a corpse; a gift to his Master to show Rafeesh's strength. But he knew better, to kill her now would only lessen her suffering and probably anger [member="Darth Ferus"].
She insulted him and someday she would pay for it, but not today, not today. "My fight had only just begun..." He said, but fell to silence. He would have given anything to impale her on his lightsaber and leave her for dead, as recompense for all he believed she had done to him.

The Zabrak watched [member="Sabrina Kotass"] walk off, stroking his chin. "Odd girl, that one. I take it you're going to kill her one day?" Darth Ferus's gaze turn, shifted to Rafeesh's now standing form. He studied his student closely, then waved him over. "Well, might as well continue then. See that log?" He pointed towards one. It was from a massive fallen tree, possibly ten feet in diameter. "I want you to lift that clean off the ground. You should have a basic understanding of the Force yes?"

"Yes, I know most of the basics of the Force." He said, then to himself he thought, "Whether I can utilize that knowledge is the problem."
He looked over to the log, he had been planning for a practice like this. Now he was all the more thankful for the fight he had with Sabrina, now he was incredibly angry and he could use that.
He focused all his anger into lifting the large log, stretching both hands out. At first it lifted slowly from the ground, until only the farthest end was still touching the ground. He tried to lift just a little more, but it didn't happen right away.
Rafeesh could feel the pain in his ankle still throbbing slightly, but not to badly. He was thankful for that as well, he could use that pain to add to his anger. He took a step backward from the log and finished lifting it. Soon it was a good meter in the air, hovering and spinning slowly. He continued to hold it there as he waited for [member="Darth Ferus"]' next command. He could feel that holding the log there was beginning to become easier as he stayed there longer.

"Now crush it." A simple task to higher ranking Sith really. The Zabrak eyed the log [member="Rafeesh"] lifted however, smirking. So far so good, decent in a fight, decent control over the Force. Now it was a matter of pushing the man to his limit and then past it. He crossed his red arms over his chest, turning his gaze to the log. He didn't expect Rafeesh to be able to do it, but part of him felt the Sith could.

Rafeesh felt the log through the Force, he felt its uneven, imperfect surface. Now that less of his mind was dealing with lifting the log he could spend more energy for other movements, such as speaking. "I'll do that."
Rafeesh moved his hands to make them look like he was crushing something. As he did so the log began to splinter on the near end, it appeared that it was imploding. Slowly other parts of the log began to splinter and break, but the far end was not damaged. He could not break it, apparently he had worn himself a little too far, maybe he had used his anger as far as it would go for now.
Not wanting to give in he tried to stretch his power more. The surviving section of log did not break, its surface became slightly pitted but there was no internal damage. After a minute, he stopped trying to break the log and held it in the air. He turned to [member="Darth Ferus"], "I am sorry master."

Ferus shook his head. "I did not expect you to even begin to break the log. The fact that you were able to damage it as much as you did has shown me much. But, now we will work on you finishing. Do not think of the log as a log. Think of it as paper. A single sheet waiting to be crumpled up instead of a thick piece of wood you can't." He spoke slowly, letting the words sink into [member="Rafeesh"] 's mind. It was how he thought of things, freeing himself of any mental block of "It's impossible." So far it worked for the Darth. Now it was a matter of seeing if it would work for Rafeesh.

Rafeesh listened intently to [member="Darth Ferus"]. He felt that what he was saying would be truth and helpful. After he had finished listening, he looked back at what was left of the log.
Rafeesh closed his eyes, he imagined the log as a thin sheet of paper. He imagined its flexibility, its weakness. He could imagine bending it to the breaking point, shredding it, or crumpling it. He focused himself on the log and attached the mental image of the paper to the log. As he imagined crumpling the paper the log began to show signs of being crushed. In his mind Rafeesh felt the paper beginning to feel difficult to bend or break. He tried to crush it further and as he did so the paper gave way. The log groaned at first as he pushed harder, but then a snap could be heard and it began to crush in on itself.
Rafeesh, seeing the paper in his imaginary hand crumpled into a small ball, opened his eyes and beheld the truck, crushed into many smaller portions, with nothing left of the original size. He noticed he had been holding his breath and took a deep breath. He found himself sweating, his heart was pounding, and his eyes were a little sore. He turned to [member="Darth Ferus"] smiling inside his helmet as he said, "Thank you master. That is the advice I needed. You were right. What would you have me do next?" As he said this he removed his helm, his lungs taking in the fresh air. It had a beautiful fragrance after that last exertion.

Krest waved a hand to the log before turning from [member="Rafeesh"] . "You will stay on this planet until you can crush two logs. At the same time. On either side of your body, one with each hand. When you have finished, you will contact me. I will be going to sleep." Sleep was a lie. He moved out of sight, seeming to go back to his ship before turning, going back into the shadows around the area he had left his pupal. There he would watch and wait, curious on if the man would take advantage of being left alone or not.

Either way had a punishment.

Rafeesh, seeing that his master had left, decided to first collect the two logs needed. It took him only a little while to find two acceptable trunks, each only slightly smaller than the one he had crushed moments ago. He used the Force to pick them up one at a time and move them back to the clearing. Once this was done he looked around making sure no one was present that he could see.
Rafeesh left the clearing again, when he returned he held in his Force grasp 3 large stones, 2 small rocks, and a variety of trunks about 7, all of which were smaller than the logs he had chosen to crush. He set them in front of the logs at first. Then he moved each individually around the clearing until each was in a different spot scattered about the clearing. He stepped back to his place between the two logs and looked around the clearing, making sure all the rocks and trunks were in place. Then he ignited his lightsaber, both sides blazing to life. He took a defensive stance, though it appeared a little clumsy, before making a charge at the nearest trunk, which was 2 meters to the right of his original position. "You shall perish." He raised his lightsaber high and right before he reached the his target log he let his lightsaber slip between his fingers. Falling to a roll he just caught his lightsaber, which had switched off during the fall, and came up beside the log. He slashed it in half from the right side then leaped back in an incredibly clumsy somersault. "Blast.." Landing at a bad angle, Rafeesh stood quickly took a few steps to where off the now excruciating pain in his ankles.
After a moment Rafeesh reignited his saber, taking a look he again charged another log, this one was three yards to the left of the previous log. He came at it with a full on charge before making a swipe, but he deactivated his lightsaber right before it struck the log, or it would have had his timing been right. There was a cut mark a quarter of the way through the log. Not taking heed of the damage, Rafeesh made a full spin before turning and grabbing the log and lifted it off the ground with his hand and supported by the Force. He held it for a good ten seconds before using his lightsaber to impale the log three times and then dropping it to the ground. He looked it over and found the spot where he had cut it by accident. He shook his head and deactivated his lightsaber again.
Taking a moment to look over the two logs he had been ordered to crush, he felt their rough bark covered surface. He thought for a moment of Dromund Kaas as he remembered it. His first day there he had accidentally crashed a speeder into a tree and had had to fight his way through a number of wildlife to reach main city from the outlying spaceport. He had had a large splinter stuck in his arm for over an hour, but he had made it to the city eventually.
Rafeesh snapped himself out of the memory, "Don't even think about that. It is long gone and there is no way to bring its return, let it go." He said aloud, not aware of a[member="Darth Ferus"] being present. Bringing his mind back to the present he looked over at one of the small stones, about 10 feet away from him on his left. He stretched out his hand and lifted it from the ground with the Force. He then looked over at another trunk on the opposite side about the same distance. He used the Force to pull the log towards him while throwing the stone at the log as hard as he could. He jumped as the log came tumbling past, right over where he had been standing. Once the log had stopped moving he moved to trunk and checked it for the stone. It wasn't in the trunk, but he did notice a scored mark down the side of the trunk, where he guessed the stone had grazed it. He went back to where he believed the stone had struck the earth and noticed a small hole in the ground, where the rock had struck the ground and buried itself a good 4 centimeters into it. He left it in the ground and moved over to the log, he kicked it in anger before moving it out of the way.
Rafeesh walked over to where he had left his helm, on a tree branch he had decided was perfect for his mask. He looked at it for a moment, then moved back to the two logs. He sat down, taking a position similar to Jedi meditation, and focused on the two large trunks. He used the Force to lift them off the ground, as he did so his hands laid on the ground, cupped as if they were holding something. "My chains shall be broken. The Force shall set me free." He spoke the last part of the Sith code as he closed his eyes and tried to crush both the logs. Nothing happened, the trunks just floated there moving slightly back and forth; then suddenly the bark on the trunks splintered and flew all over the area, as if they had been in an explosive that had just been set off. The wood underneath was not harmed though and Rafeesh dropped the now clean wood to the ground. "What did I do wrong?! I did as my Master said! Why didn't it break!" He stood quickly and began pacing back and forth, his anger building and as it did so memories came back. The Sleep chamber, his old master, Sabrina, being defeated by Sabrina. All of them added to his anger until he closed his eyes saying, "There is no emotion, there is peace." Opening his eyes again he still felt enraged. He repeated it, while closing his eyes "There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no emotion, there is peace. There is only emotion, peace is a lie!" He opened his eyes once more, but this time they glowed faintly with red. He looked at one of the other nearby logs and said, "This cannot be. I am a SITH! Nothing can Stop ME! Blast it, BLAST IT ALL!!!" As he said this lightning jumped from his fingertips for a moment, striking the log and sending it backwards.
Rafeesh blinked, he had remembered when he had not needed to be so worked up to have such power. He remember when he could flick lightning at his opponents and make them weep and scream for mercy. With all those memories and those thoughts in mind he lifted the two logs again, this time they flew up as if the whip of the Devil was upon them. Then concentrating on his hate, his anger he created a crude imaginary pictures of paper in his mind. He quickly crumpled both pages, one in each hand. The corresponding logs appeared as if they were swiftly imploding, though in actuality it was simply them being crushed. After the initial crush, Rafeesh took each paper and began smashing it further and further until they were shreds and pieces in his imagination. The trunks followed, soon becoming shrapnel and chunks of wood.
When Rafeesh returned to reality from his imagination, he looked upon the twisted ruin of the two trunks. He smiled, "The Force shall set me free." he said. He stood and put his hands to his face, he felt tired he had burned his emotions out pretty well there. When he looked around again and then back at his hands, he noticed they were covered in a light layer of blood. He looked at them dumbly for a moment then taking in what it meant he felt around his face for the splinters that had struck him. He found one in his right cheek and two that had only lightly struck his forehead. The wounds, while not deep were bleeding profusely. He took a moment to remove the splinters and then used a shred of cloth, from his somewhat torn clothing, and wiped away the blood.
Looking around Rafeesh decided he was done for a little. He didn't wish to wake his master though, so he walked over to one of the large stone he had brought and sat lightly upon it. He picked up 3 tiny rocks on the ground and used the Force lightly to make them circle a forth larger stone like an electron would the nucleus of an atom. He sat there, he was going to wait awhile before continuing.

[member="Rafeesh"]

The Zabrak watched on in silence, perched atop a taller tree. He was more then impressed at the display, especially the lightning. He lept down, after he had finally crushed the logs, standing across from the man. "Very good, very good! I'm impressed. More then that. Once more I did not expect you to do this. Tell me, how long have you been under trained?"

"I was given training for most of my early life and then proper Sith training for about 2 years starting when I was 23. I have been out of practice for a long time though. I used to be able to do all that and much, much more with ease." Rafeesh stated, bitterness in his voice as he finished. "Does that answer your question?" He asked, [member="Darth Ferus"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom